Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Once again political gamblers have been overstating the chance

123457»

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,131
    edited September 2019

I'm sure there's plenty of visitors to Versailles in Republican France...

Ask anyone who has been on a trade mission to the Far East when there are Royals along to help. They are literally worth billions in extra trade. Now you may think it is stupid that people are swayed by Royalty and I would probably agree with you but it doesn't change the fact that they are and it is much to the benefit of our country.
    "Literally worth billions in extra trade"? Can you back that up in figures?
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    Why are the Nats running scared of “Remain/Leave”?

Last time it ran “Leave” won.
  • Options
    Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268
    Roger said:

Roger said:

kle4 said:

TGOHF said:

Byronic said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

TGOHF said:
    The Guardian have lost their way. There's no way even Corbyn at his most stupid would have said that.
    I can easily imagine him saying it, just not where it could be reported. Labour remainers will need to push even harder to reassure their voters I guess.
    Er, I think the quote comes from a Corbyn article, written by Jeremy Corbyn, under the name "Jeremy Corbyn", in tomorrow's Guardian.
    He was present at the writing of the article but not involved.
    True of most articles by a top politician I have no doubt!
    TGOHF said:
    Can the party really not have even consulted with the Jewish Labour Movement? That seems such a bizarre open goal.
    It's just bullshit. If the country stopped for every sabbath and shabbat and every Jewish and other denominational holiday we would be a third world country by now. It's time somene stopped these people with an agenda spewing there crap for the delectation of everyone's ignorance
    The country doesn't have to stop, it just has to not hold a debate on whether hating Jews is a bad thing within a particular movement at a time observant Jews can't turn up and say "it's a bad thing".
    Would an observant Jew find somewhere suitable to have Friday night in Brighton? And if you cancelled Friday and Saturday and Sunday for the observant Christians and the Tuesday for the leaders speech you are only left with Monday. Assuming the devout are likely to be about one in ten I don't think it's unreasonable to go ahead on Saturday
    Have you considered that maybe holding the debate about anti-Semitism on the Jewish sabbath might be more problematic then doing it on the Christian or Muslim.sabbath?
  • Options
    Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268
    justin124 said:

TGOHF said:
    The many who are far from obsessed with Brexit and who have other priorities!
    Like those wanting to stick it to the Jews?
  • Options

I'm sure there's plenty of visitors to Versailles in Republican France...

Ask anyone who has been on a trade mission to the Far East when there are Royals along to help. They are literally worth billions in extra trade. Now you may think it is stupid that people are swayed by Royalty and I would probably agree with you but it doesn't change the fact that they are and it is much to the benefit of our country.
    "Literally worth billions in extra trade"? Can you back that up in figures?
    Lol. Of course he can't.
  • Options
    Leader approval ratings (net) among own voters:
    Current VI / 2017 Vote:
    Johnson: +83 / +50
    Corbyn: +53 / -6
    Swinson: +72 / +41

ABC1/C2DE Total GB
    Johnson: -25 / -4
    Corbyn: -48 / -52
    Swinson -7 / -18 (high DK)

Remain/Leave Total GB
    Johnson: -75 / + 46
    Corbyn: -24 / -83
    Swinson: +29 / -50 (31%DK)

Men/Women Total GB
    Johnson: -11 / -19
    Corbyn: -51 / -48
    Swinson: -15 / -8(49% DK among women)
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,895

Roger said:

Roger said:

kle4 said:

TGOHF said:

Byronic said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:
    He was present at the writing of the article but not involved.
    True of most articles by a top politician I have no doubt!
    TGOHF said:
    Can the party really not have even consulted with the Jewish Labour Movement? That seems such a bizarre open goal.
    It's just bullshit. If the country stopped for every sabbath and shabbat and every Jewish and other denominational holiday we would be a third world country by now. It's time somene stopped these people with an agenda spewing there crap for the delectation of everyone's ignorance
    The country doesn't have to stop, it just has to not hold a debate on whether hating Jews is a bad thing within a particular movement at a time observant Jews can't turn up and say "it's a bad thing".
    Would an observant Jew find somewhere suitable to have Friday night in Brighton? And if you cancelled Friday and Saturday and Sunday for the observant Christians and the Tuesday for the leaders speech you are only left with Monday. Assuming the devout are likely to be about one in ten I don't think it's unreasonable to go ahead on Saturday
    There's more to Shabbat than dinner, there's what you can't do as well as what you can do.

You really don't see that having a debate on what to do about people who hate Jews, and having at a time that excludes observant Jews, is a bigger problem than having a debate on what to do about people who hate Jews, and having it at a time that excludes (very religious by UK standards) Christians?

It's not 1 in 10, anyway. Based on the last study, 18% of UK Jews observe Shabbat sufficiently strictly that they won't turn lights on or off. So that's the minimum.
    I accept all your points. The figure of 18% is interesting and must be mainly the new Ultra Orthodox who have proliferated in the last 30 or so years. Of these I can imagine very few would go to a Labour Party Conference for reasons way beyond the Sabbath. Contact with people of the opposite sex. Avoiding inter gender handshakes eating anywhere various obligations which are difficult to undertake in a town like Brighton unless extremely well planned for etc.

But it's interesting and rare to talk to someone on this site who has some knowedge and isn't just trying to score points.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,323
    edited September 2019
    deleted
This discussion has been closed.