Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Two more polls this morning add to the big picture – Labour

13»

Comments

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    If the Greens are really on 7% I'm a Dutchman.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,289
    "This is not so much opportunism as outright amnesia. There has been much amusement in Westminster this week over the fact that both Labour and the Tories have deleted inconvenient material, predating the last general election, from their websites. Yet in the case of the Opposition, it is part of a much wider attempt to treat 2010 as though it was Year Zero. On the economy, health, welfare, education and a score of other issues, they imagine voters will forget that this is not just the party that is responsible for so many of the country’s problems, but in many instances the very personnel."
    Scott_P said:

We have often said that, where the debate over the NHS is concerned, there is entirely too much political mudslinging. But Labour simply cannot be allowed to peddle the outright lie that the problems people have in getting access to GPs at evenings and weekends have nothing to do with the way their contract allowed doctors to shed such responsibilities – or, more broadly, to lay every problem with a health service they ran for 13 years at the door of the Coalition.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/10452228/Labours-astonishing-case-of-memory-loss.html

• Options
    Bobajob said:

tim said:

Carola said:
    If they've put them back up I assume that means that the people on here who said they'd never taken them down were wrong.
    We have always been at war with Eastasia.
    Falkirk is not a story...".

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,284
    It woz the GP contract wot dun it (only kicked in after 9 years of being in place) but deffo to blame
  • Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    Can't get the ball. Need to do something - don't want to lose at Wembley.
  • Options

Bobajob said:

tim said:

Carola said:
    If they've put them back up I assume that means that the people on here who said they'd never taken them down were wrong.
    We have always been at war with Eastasia.
    Falkirk is not a story...".

Mornington Crescent.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Hideaway Ed.. probably at home regretting having to sign his childrens birth certificate and actually ..due to public pressure ..urgh.. marry their mother.

Its all about 'family'.....and 'trust'......

I thought it was about the polling?
  • Options
    Its been a quiet day in A&E today not seen a single over 75 now they have a named GP.

The NHS is safe in Tory hands and defo not being sold off
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    edited November 2013

Great. Glad you support the Conservatives.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited November 2013
    Leave it Nadine ;-)

Nadine Dorries MP @NadineDorriesMP

Sorry, I mean two multi millionaires who pay no tax in the UK because they are registered in Monaco. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10452253/Nadine-Dorries-Nadhim-Zahawi-and-the-lessons-gone-unlearnt-at-Westminster.html

Sorry, I mean two multi millionaires who pay no tax in the UK because they are registered in Monaco. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10452253/Nadine-Dorries-Nadhim-Zahawi-and-the-lessons-gone-unlearnt-at-Westminster.html

Despite the fact that they don't pay British tax. Suppose I should really

I should say sorry to the tax avoiding Barclay Brothers http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10452253/Nadine-Dorries-Nadhim-Zahawi-and-the-lessons-gone-unlearnt-at-Westminster.html

Because, unlike them, I DO pay full tax on every penny I earn - unlike Daily Telegraph owners, the Barclays http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10452253/Nadine-Dorries-Nadhim-Zahawi-and-the-lessons-gone-unlearnt-at-Westminster.html

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 52,080
    tim said:

tim said:

England are confused by players who can pass the ball.

English soccer players are like English politicians then.

Like Scottish footballers really.
    Sad.

Why do so many Scots in Aberdeen, Dundee etc walk around in Man U,Man City and Arsenal shirts, no wonder the Scottish league is down the tubes if English football is some sot of model

Sky.

Sky contracts killed Scottish football. In the 80s teams like Dundee United got to the semis of the European Cup and the final of the Eufa cup with 13 Scots. They did this because they paid their players relative buttons and invested their income in excellent youth team set ups which developed great players.

Then came Bosman and Sky, wages went through the roof, the youth team set ups were no longer viable and any player good enough for the Championship was offski with a zero on his salary.

The result is the embarrassment we see today.
  • Options
    Next said:

Great. Glad you support the Conservatives.
    Had to happen it woz Falkirk wot swinged it
  • Options
    corporeal said:

Hideaway Ed ... shamed into marrying the mother of his children... says it all really.. Is this man of no principle really PM material..only to fools

There's nothing immoral about not being married to the mother of your children.
    Nope, but marrying her because it looked good to a focus group sucks.
  • Options
    - Mid Worcestershire Conservative longlist
    http://www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2013/11/introducing-the-13-candidates-on-the-longlist-for-mid-worcestershire.html

Some recurring names here: Ed Argar (shortlisted in both Tonbridge and Newark), Vicky Atikins (shortlisted in Tonbridge), Nusrat Ghani (longlisted in Croydon South), Nigel Huddleston (shortlisted in Newark and longlisted in Croydon South)

- Joan Walley is retiring in Stoke North. Born in 1949, she enteretd the Commons in 1987 GE. She was one of the Lambeth surcharged Cllrs.
  • Options

Moderators I HAVE JUST BEEN REFFERRED TO BY SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN WARNED NOT TO MAKE ANY REFERENCE TO ME..Does that ruling still stand

Obsession ... by tim.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    corporeal said:

Corporeal.. Maybe to you.. but I wonder what his children will think of him..and it also depends on your own consideration with regard to your relationship with your children. He apparently thinks his principles are uppermost.. sod the kids..

As a kid who was born years before his parents were married, and having a number of friends in similar situations, as far as I'm aware none of us were bothered by it (at least not that they ever told me).

To think of that as "sod your kids" is well, a very strange idea to me.
    Get married or don't get married - it depends on the relationship between the two adults and what they want for their kids.

To suddenly decide to get married as a result of press criticism is somewhat distasteful. It suggests a lack of respect for marriage and/or hypocrisy.
  • Options
    Just drove past my GPs surgery. Full of over 75s trying to establish who their named Drs are,
  • Options
    Is gary cahill international class.
  • Options
    Oh well. At least it might stop expectations getting too high.
    2-0 FFS.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    Charles said:

To suddenly decide to get married as a result of press criticism is somewhat distasteful.

Do you have any idea what was going through their minds when they decided to marry or are you just presuming it was to counter press criticism?
  • Options
    Moderators I HAVE NOT BEEN REFFERRED TO BY ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN WARNED NOT TO MAKE ANY REFERENCE TO ME..Does that ruling still stand AND IF I AM OVER 75 can I now have a named GP
  • Options

Moderators I HAVE NOT BEEN REFFERRED TO BY ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN WARNED NOT TO MAKE ANY REFERENCE TO ME..Does that ruling still stand AND IF I AM OVER 75 can I now have a named GP

Your named General Poster is .... tim.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    Charles said:

corporeal said:

Corporeal.. Maybe to you.. but I wonder what his children will think of him..and it also depends on your own consideration with regard to your relationship with your children. He apparently thinks his principles are uppermost.. sod the kids..

As a kid who was born years before his parents were married, and having a number of friends in similar situations, as far as I'm aware none of us were bothered by it (at least not that they ever told me).

Get married or don't get married - it depends on the relationship between the two adults and what they want for their kids.

To suddenly decide to get married as a result of press criticism is somewhat distasteful. It suggests a lack of respect for marriage and/or hypocrisy.
    An iz dad defo hates Britan so theres no wonder hes crap

• Options
    DH says the England loss Defo Eds fault
  • Options
    tim said:

We've got more than two. Very bad day at the office today though.
    Germany on Tuesday - in many ways the ideal game...

• Options
    tim said:

How many international class players have England got, two?
    Belgium have a dozen, it's embarrassing
    I agree,the England U-21's may be top of they group but what great talent is in that team,get ready my English friends for a future of our international side struggling.

• Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    Charles said:

corporeal said:

The press criticism itself was very distasteful. I tend towards the view that it was probably something they thought they'd get round to at some point, and the press attention was just something that altered their schedule rather than their reasoning. But this may well be a rose-tinted view of things.
  • Options
    tim said:

DH says the England loss Defo Eds fault

It's the fault of Svens 2004 contract
    Winning goalscorer sponsored by unite.

Signing for Falkirk tomorrow

• Options
    tim said:

Who are the 2 world class players ?

• Options
    Bobajob said:

tim said:

We've got more than two. Very bad day at the office today though.
    Germany on Tuesday - in many ways the ideal game...

Name them ?
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    edited November 2013
    tim said:

Would you take the best two Welsh players, or the best two English ones as better?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tim said:

tim said:

Cole and Rooney.
    Although Cole is maybe past his peak and Rooney is inconsistent
    tim said:

tim said:

Cole and Rooney.
    Although Cole is maybe past his peak and Rooney is inconsistent
    No show rooney,he never turns up for major international finals,On cole,2 years back you could have said world class,same with Gerrard,time as caught up with they legs.

• Options
    "No frontline cuts", "no top-down NHS reorganisations", "no VAT rise"

No A&E crisis till 9 years after that fateful day when GP contract was signed.But its Defo not Torys fault
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,281
    edited November 2013
    Interesting to see the rise in the Green vote. Could it not only be disaffected rightwing Tories who are moving to UKIP, but disaffected left-wing Labour voters moving to the Greens? If we had PR, as we do for Euro elections, I doubt any of the main parties would even reach 25%, and UKIP and the Greens could both play a part in future coalition governments
  • Options
    Also, a rather chilly performance from England tonight!
  • Options

No A&E crisis till 9 years after that fateful day when GP contract was signed.

Well, with about six weeks to go, I think we have found the Daftest Post of the Year, against strong competition.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    The King's Fund and BMA would disagree, Richard.

Bring evidence next time
  • Options
    When God warned the Oirish-Scots about their Anglo-Saxon neighbours He forgot to say that they would be called "Jocks". [Easy mistake as the English word 'Joke' was yet to be derived.]

Lo-and-behold: God recognised His mistake and decided to punish their top 'sports-men[-or-persons]' as being useful footballers (or Soccarists for the Morman branch)! Then He realised that this was not enough retribution; instead He "whispered" to the 'important folk' that setting-up the SFA, Scottish Parish Council and electing 'Buy Blair; Get Brown' was "normal" and - erm - productive!

Finally He Rested. And the Devil invented a 'Thing' from 'The Black-Country' that "posts" as a 'Scouse'.... [Yawn: Litany charge-shytesheet is too long already....] *

* Why do thick M***er-F**kers spell 'already' as "all ready". Simple-Communication-Utilises-Messaging...!

:humph:
  • Options
    Last call for Chile game

For anyone that would like to play, the Chile game will close at 12 noon on Sunday:

http://www.electiongame.co.uk/chile13/

Many thanks - and hope to see some of you at DD's on Wed.

Cheers,

DC

• Options

I have farted in the bath. I will not go further as any relation to my output may be construed as promoting you and your view-point. "Big": Humpf....

• Options
    Norovirus in 9 year incubation period shock.

Over 75's no need to worry their named Dr will nullify their need to attend hospital
  • Options
    tim said:

Look at the evidence.

The evidence is that numbers attending A & E have been rising rapidly for a long time, and especially since 2004. The reasons for this are no doubt complex, but the idea that this is something new in 2013 is stark raving bonkers, absolutely bat-shit crazy.
  • Options

Who are the 2 world class players

Hmmm?

Who or Which. I'll try to be polite and not associate yourself with a "t'ick norfen" poster....

I will only try though....

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    I have been reading about the new GP contract on the medical websites. The main change is removal of QOF (target) payments in favor of block payments.

I really struggle to find any reversal of the Lansley reforms. Can you poin t these out?
    tim said:

No A&E crisis till 9 years after that fateful day when GP contract was signed.

Well, with about six weeks to go, I think we have found the Daftest Post of the Year, against strong competition.
    Look at the evidence.

And most of Hunts "rolling back" today was of Lansleys contract last year, tonight's Mail story was a 2009 story but Lansley wrecked it deliberately.
    111 and walk in closures, Lansley (plus Hunt on 111)

• Options
    dr_spyn said:
    Perfect financial planning - by 2015 will have just attained the max pension possible in the MP Defined Benefit scheme (66%)...
  • Options
    tim said:

The cuts to community elderly care that your idiotic govt thought would save money have just ended up with people being driven into hospital and left there.

Citation needed.
  • Options

tim said:

The cuts to community elderly care that your idiotic govt thought would save money have just ended up with people being driven into hospital and left there.

Citation needed.
    Intelligent nay smart posters on PB don't need facts, they just 'know' stuff.
  • Options
    Russell Brand, Cameron and Osborne are cutting benefits because they are no good in bed, but Ed Miliband may be good (Alan Carr sceptical in this discussion of high politics)
  • Options
    Twitter
    Gaby Hinsliff ‏@gabyhinsliff 1h
    The LibDem blogger @markreckons..isn't any more. LibDem, I mean. Still blogging. Here on why party politics is bust http://bit.ly/18BpS7h
  • Options
    Jeremy Hunt tells R4 he doesn't know where the buck stops. Part 1 of last yr's Health Act ensured it wasn't with him.
  • Options

Jeremy Hunt tells R4 he doesn't know where the buck stops. Part 1 of last yr's Health Act ensured it wasn't with him.

Where did the Mid Staffs buck stop?
  • Options
    This winters NHS crisis will make Mid Staffs failings look like the glory days IMHO. I believe the majority of the FT Sector will fail the A&E targets that have by the way been eased to 95% from 99% under Labour
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Neil said:

Charles said:

To suddenly decide to get married as a result of press criticism is somewhat distasteful.

Do you have any idea what was going through their minds when they decided to marry or are you just presuming it was to counter press criticism?
    It is true that it could be that they always intended to get that married that weekend. How unfortunate for them that it followed a week or so of negative press coverage.

Now, I have a bridge that I want to sell. One careful owner, hardly used. Any interest?
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    Next said:
    Their YouTube channel has speeches older than that.

UKIP Official Channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ukipofficial/featured

• Options
    edited November 2013
    If there is going to be a crisis in the NHS this winter, the buck won't stop with Jeremy Hunt if it happens in either Wales or Scotland. Somewhere in the UK right now, its an SNP, Labour or Conservative/Libdem Government in charge of their patch of the NHS. And things are not looking good for Labour in Wales when it comes to their stewardship of the Welsh NHS.

This winters NHS crisis will make Mid Staffs failings look like the glory days IMHO. I believe the majority of the FT Sector will fail the A&E targets that have by the way been eased to 95% from 99% under Labour

• Options
    The union vote-rigging scandal in Falkirk deepened yesterday after a couple living in the constituency disclosed that a “phantom” Labour Party member was signed up at their address.
    The couple said they were “mystified” after receiving mail from both the Labour Party and the Unite union for a man they have never met. They have even been visited by individuals looking for the man.
    The man is one of 15 Labour Party members identified by Eric Joyce, the MP for Falkirk, who do not live at their registered addresses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10453539/Ed-Miliband-must-act-over-phantom-Labour-members-in-Falkirk.html
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    tim said:

The PB Tory climate change warriors won't be happy

@suttonnick: Saturday's Times front page - "PM stokes climate row" #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers http://t.co/GBpV6Bwbag

He's not going to like the Spectator's cover story then.

"Why our energy crisis is just beginning"

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9078561/the-real-energy-scandal/
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    Off Topic

David Kynaston's latest book Modernity Britain: Opening the Box, 1957-1959 is 99p on Nook. Might be useful to anyone has the Nook reader or app.

http://www.nook.com/gb/ebooks/modernity-britain-opening-the-box-1957-1959-by-david-kynaston/9781408839829
  • Options
    Twitter
    New York Post ‏@nypost 9h
    Today's front page http://nyp.st/1bsEsi6 pic.twitter.com/MEPqDjL5xZ
  • Options

[BTW I did suggest to a Treasury minister that they should stop using the word 'deficit' and use 'overspend' instead.]

That would be a great idea in the right hands - an overspend sounds like something you absolutely shouldn't be doing. But you can't use it if you've just been in power for five years and you're still overspending. It would be like basing your campaign around the slogan, "We're a bunch of incompetent thieves, but possibly slightly less bad than the other lot."
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Betfair punters still think a hung parliament is the most likely option:

Con maj 4.1
    Lab maj 2.72
    No maj 2.48

http://www.betfair.com/exchange/politics/market?id=1.101416490
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,306
    AndyJS said:

Betfair punters still think a hung parliament is the most likely option:

Con maj 4.1
    Lab maj 2.72
    No maj 2.48

http://www.betfair.com/exchange/politics/market?id=1.101416490

Con majority still far too short
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    edited November 2013
    How easy would it be for a young Welsh speaking working class solicitor to become PM these days, or the illegitimate son of a housemaid from the Highlands, or a provincial shopkeeper's daughter from the town's grammar school who doesn't go to Oxford to read PPE ? You would have to be optimistic about that happening again.

The privately educated encompasses Eton - with fees well in excess of UK average wages and day schools which had provided grammar school education to a wider social intake albeit at a cost to many parents perhaps at £12K pa.
This discussion has been closed.