Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If LAB is serious about a second referendum it must seek a 6+

124»

Comments

• Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Pulpstar said:

Why on earth is Tom Watson's price moving in for the labour leadership ?

If Corbyn resigns, he is the next leader of the party, in technical terms. Not sure if that counts.
    Being the acting Leader is quite a headstart.
    Tell that to Sir Menzies Campbell. Or George Brown. Or Rab Butler.
    BF is permanent leader market.

Watson price coming in because he will probably stand now and so there's the well you never know factor. Long-Bailey not ready yet. May be a three way race with Emily Thornberry and Williamson.
    Pidcock is always mentioned on here as the anointed successor. However, she would be utter electoral poison so it’s not happening.

Thornberry is surely a shoo-in when she wants it.
    Keep an eye on Raynor.
    Rayner has demonstrated zero leadership potential thus far. Rightly or wrongly she is known for having given birth at an early age and being a very young grandmother. She has made no political impact.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Pulpstar said:

If Corbyn resigns, he is the next leader of the party, in technical terms. Not sure if that counts.

Watson price coming in because he will probably stand now and so there's the well you never know factor. Long-Bailey not ready yet. May be a three way race with Emily Thornberry and Williamson.
    Pidcock is always mentioned on here as the anointed successor. However, she would be utter electoral poison so it’s not happening.

Keep an eye on Raynor.
    Raynor’s the one who thought vegetarians could eat fish. She’s not the brightest star in the firmament.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,436

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Pulpstar said:

Keep an eye on Raynor.
    Rayner has demonstrated zero leadership potential thus far. Rightly or wrongly she is known for having given birth at an early age and being a very young grandmother. She has made no political impact.
    I gather from one of the political mags that she has, though, been out and about at local labour meetings across the country as much as Emily Thornberry.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    New thread folks!
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    matt said:

Re the changing state of education provision.

You’re referring there to what (at least non-vocational) degrees used to be - an exercise in thinking and knowing what questions to ask. My impression is that many degrees are now “taught” to a far greater extent than they were and they are increasingly an extension of A Levels (that is that there’s an expectation that somebody will give you the framework). I’ve only slightly used my degrees in the subject they were in but what they did do was make me learn how to swiftly assimilate, search and analyse information. Then present in a coherent way in my own voice.

It has perhaps changed but most arts/social science lectures were useless. I certainly didn’t go to one.

If it's not a silly (and fairly obvious) question; how do you know if you never went to one?
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The DUP are doing more for Irish unification than Sinn Fein ever could !

I’d love to see a United Ireland caused by Brexit , it would be exactly what the DUP deserve for backing Leave .

Knowing the problems it would cause , it’s unforgivable they chose to play fast and loose with the peace process .
This discussion has been closed.