Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Another poll has CON getting much closer to LAB

13»

Comments

• Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983

The whole point of pb.com is to try to rationally analyse things so that the cool-headed punter can make money betting when partisans such as yourself bet when blinded by hope.

The best partisans are the ones who "used to be" Labour / Tory / Lib Dem etc...
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Neil said:

Phil "Us Blues" ?
  • Options
    RicardohosRicardohos Posts: 258
    edited October 2013

You're very fond aren't you Tim of calling people 'foolish' or 'silly'. The evidence rests in your posts which are consistently disliked by the largest number of thredders I've ever seen on any blog. Congratulations.

No, I am not placing a bet solely on something 19 months away. It's as boring as you are and I'm afraid unlike you I no longer pay much attention to Mike Smithson, or rather filter most of his comments.

I am happy to make the GE itself a part of the bet but I want something that produces results between now and then (but not the Euros and Scottish).

As you have posted about opinion polls every day for the last three years, as far as I can see, it's interesting that you are now running away from them. I wonder why that would be? Poor Timmy: the narrative's moving away from you 'eh?

So, a mean is a type of average. I'll wager on something which includes those. That's if you can keep up and work out what that involves and why it's a decent idea. It actually helps remove what you call outliers.
  • Options
    currystar said:

What cracks me up is that some see Cameron and the CCTV as a far bigger issue than police corruption to bring down a member of a democratically elected government.

They don't really, but the desperate spin is fun to watch. Spin any harder, they take off.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Phil "Us Blues" ?

He was very good. More entertaining than Ricardohos.
  • Options
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,835
    edited October 2013
    Talking of the plod, sounds like they are going to have some questions to answer over Jimmy Saville (along with many other parts of the establishment),

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2461443/Sickening-arrogance-monster-groomed-Britain-Transcripts-Jimmy-Saviles-police-interview-revealed-time.html
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    edited October 2013
    Neil said:

The whole point of pb.com is to try to rationally analyse things so that the cool-headed punter can make money betting when partisans such as yourself bet when blinded by hope.

Surely we are - all of us - atoning for some past political sin?
  • Options
    Stan James cut their prices on Michael Gove and Jesse Norman for Next Con Leader. They lengthen several other prices, including Osborne.

• Options

I voted Lib Dem once. Every day is a penance.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    edited October 2013

@AveryLP - With apologies, but my question was entirely about the housing market outside London and the SE.

Any comments?

My apologies due to you Oblitus as I did realise I had not answered your question after rereading your comment. There is a tiny bit of cross-over though as the South East will have had prices driven up by displaced former owners of central London property. Although this is probably not statistically significant, in my personal experience, many of my friends have made just that move over the past decade.

You are correct on HTB only coming into effect in April and so far it has been primarily targetted at first time buyers, but the Funds for Lending scheme, which has allowed the banks to provide loans at lower interest rates, came into effect earlier and has had a more general impact on the market. This particularly applies to remortgages which are reversing their proportional decline in share of all mortgages over the two years of the Coalition's term.

All said though, I don't think we should be worrying about a 2.3% increase in SE prices this year after two years of a -1.0% average annual decrease. This especially applies when nominal prices in the SE have hardly moved in the six years since the crash.

Bubble territory would be where annual increases above 5% were matched by similar increases in net lending over a sustained period, say five years. It would also require a much higher volume of sales in the market. Even today volumes are below 40% of peak levels.

As the recovery gathers pace and the effects of HTB 2 add stimulus we are going to see some "alarming" percentage figures quoted for various regions and periods. As people start running around crying "panic", the cool-headed will keep their eyes fixed on the growth rates of net mortgage lending and transaction volumes. It is only if they start to show sustained above inflation increases that the stimuli will need to be withdrawn.

The Ernst & Young Item Club prediction of 3.5% increases in the UK this year followed by 6% next are probably where the prices should go given the stage of economic recovery we have currently reached. It is five subsequent years of 6% house price/lending increases which would be unsustainable and a cause for alarm.

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,021
    Protecting well off pensioners! tim will be proud of you!
  • Options

Neil said:

It's the "my views are particularly important because I used to vote x / y / z but only recently switched because of a / b / c" brigade that I'm really getting at.

I've managed to only ever vote for one party in every local / national / european election I have ever voted in so you should never listen to my opinions ;)
  • Options
    Neil said:

Neil said:

It's the "my views are particularly important because I used to vote x / y / z but only recently switched because of a / b / c" brigade that I'm really getting at.
    This is precisely the reason, Neil, that PB needs to listen very carefully to Plato

• Options
    Cheers Avery.

I'd agree that the net lending rates are more important than the headline prices. That's a good point.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

I voted Lib Dem once. Every day is a penance.
    I'm sure you'd vote Lib Dem again if you lived in Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross.

• Options
    have to feel for the pc involved in the Mark Duggan shooting - if he is innocent his "mates" have stitched him up big time. Who would believe him after Plebgate, Hillsborough etc.
  • Options

I'm sure you'd vote Lib Dem again if you lived in Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross.

How would i vote in Stirling?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/graemearcher/100240800/stirling-is-a-british-town-so-let-it-fly-the-british-flag-from-its-council-offices
  • Options
    Neil said:

Neil said:

I've managed to only ever vote for one party in every local / national / european election I have ever voted in so you should never listen to my opinions ;)
    I think that I've never voted for the winning candidate in an election. I'd humbly suggest this was a superior reason for discounting my opinion.
  • Options
    tim said:

You're very fond aren't you Tim of calling people 'foolish' or 'silly'. The evidence rests in your posts which are consistently disliked by the largest number of thredders I've ever seen on any blog. Congratulations.

Being disliked by the thicker PB Tory poster is a great clue as to who is getting things right as we've all seen over the last five years.
    You don't want to bet on the election then fine, but don't make the excuse that it's too far off then frame bets based on polling right up to the election date, you 're obviously going to come off looking stupid.

Now I don't know whether you saw a gap in the market for a non punting former Blair voter with a big mouth and no substance, I thought the quota on here was full, but you appear to be determined to carve out a niche in a crowded market, good luck.
    The one with no substance is you Tim.

I will very much bet you right now on the next GE, that the Cons win an outright majority ok? But I'd also like to bet some interims which will need to be based on polls and as you don't like what you call outliers let's go for means.

I'm glad you think I'm the thicker [sic] PB Tory poster. I've actually got an Oxbridge double first, a Masters and a Doctorate but keep it up. It's funny.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    AveryLP said:

Neil said:

Neil said:

This is precisely the reason, Neil, that PB needs to listen very carefully to Plato

So you're saying we all need to buy a cat?
  • Options

So, pensioners are "well off" if they own their properties are they? Don't be daft.

• Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    edited October 2013
    Plebgate-Yawn

Tories close in on Labour on TNS-BMRB-Outlier(strokes his chin worriedly)
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited October 2013
    tim said:

Neil said:

Neil said:

I voted Green once to try and keep out the BNP and because I was pissed off with Brown.
    If I bill myself as an ex Labour voter and scoop my brains out with a spoon I think my popularity would rise with the PB Tories, but would it be a price worth paying?

You'll be needing this:
    http://challengers.guinnessworldrecords.com/suggestions/489
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    tim said:

Neil said:

Neil said:

... scoop my brains out with a spoon...

Doubt anyone would notice.

The Madeleine McCann comment posted downthread suggests that you've already done so.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,140
    SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

Tories close on Labour on TNS-BMRB-Outlier(strokes his chin worriedly)

I wonder if you'd have the same attitude if it was a Labour minister who lost his job because of Police lies.
  • Options

tim said:

Neil said:

Neil said:

... scoop my brains out with a spoon...

Doubt anyone would notice.

The Madeleine McCann comment posted downthread suggests that you've already done so.

Well quite.

Actually don't know why I'm bothering with him.
  • Options
    @markaustinitv: "It's why I have a collection of senior police persons..who come and see me socially.. and I give them all my letters from weirdos" #Savile

On the same day as plebgate. What are 'the optics' on this?
    Lying is not misconduct when it is done by warranted policemen
    http://raedwald.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/lying-is-not-misconduct-when-police-do.html
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,505
    SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

Were you were one of the posters calling for Mitchell to resign based on the police's lies? If so, do you wish to admit you were wrong for having been part of a witch hunt, if you have not already done so?

This is an interesting barometer of morality on here. A wrong has evidently been done, yet some people refuse to admit it, or try to sickeningly divert the story.
  • Options
    RobD said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

I wonder if you'd have the same attitude if it was a Labour minister who lost his job because of Police lies.
    You probably don`t know but I initially supported Mitchell to keep his job even if he swore as noone should lose his job due to an angry outburst!

As far as I can see,it is one person`s account against another and I have seen no cut and dried evidence against anyone yet

All this faux outrage against the police is rather irritating.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

It's really pretty straightforward SMukesh: Ed's failed (either mostly or entirely) to displace the ~5pt lead and replace it with a bigger one. The burden is on Ed simply because it's the opposition imperative to want to do better than that, at this stage; perhaps you disagree and see conference season as a success for Labour when nothing (or almost nothing) has changed.
  • Options

This is an interesting barometer of morality on here. A wrong has evidently been done, yet some people refuse to admit it, or try to sickeningly divert the story.

No, no, no, he was a Tory. Stitching him up was 'progressive'
  • Options
    As soon as the real bet is put down Macavity vanishes.
  • Options

So, pensioners are "well off" if they own their properties are they? Don't be daft.

Pensioners who own their own homes and have more than £23k in savings are not "poor"....
  • Options

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

Were you were one of the posters calling for Mitchell to resign based on the police's lies? If so, do you wish to admit you were wrong for having been part of a witch hunt, if you have not already done so?

Lots of ifs and buts there but as you are wrong on the first count,your entire post is worthless!
  • Options
    Anorak said:

AveryLP said:

Neil said:

Neil said:

So you're saying we all need to buy a cat?
    No, Anorak. I am saying we all need to buy tim a cat.

Simultaneously.

• Options
    tim said:

Politics aside, and let's ignore Cameron and the CCTV footage for now, Plebgate should really be beyond partisan squabbles now. It absolutely beggars belief that serving, supposedly elite, coppers thought they could get away with this.
    It's frightening, and will do untold damage to every police force in the country. Heads really need to roll for this, maybe even prison time, and I say this as someone who thought Mitchell should resign, initially.

I think you're going to be very shocked by the extent of the Hillsborough cover up
    Nah, I'm not. I just thought "elite" cops would be more mindful of CCTV, and might be at least just a little more nuanced than they have been. Also, the Fed reps that got recorded by Mitchell were too dumb to think that a Tory MP might be cleverer than them. That certain coppers thought it would be a good think to stitch up a high level politician is truly frightening, though.

Hillsborough is going to be a seismic event, when its finally done and dusted, but I not surprised that the police thought they could bully working class footie fans in the 80s, or that decades of covering up wouldn't eventually fall to pieces.

• Options
    tim said:

RobD said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

Police lies allegedly, but definitely a PM who knew that the CCTV cast doubts on those "lies" and did nothing but accept a resignation.
    tim, didn't you get the memo. He was too busy chillaxing!
  • Options
    You can't move for Poles tonight at Marylebone.
  • Options
    Grandiose said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

It's really pretty straightforward SMukesh: Ed's failed (either mostly or entirely) to displace the ~5pt lead and replace it with a bigger one. The burden is on Ed simply because it's the opposition imperative to want to do better than that, at this stage; perhaps you disagree and see conference season as a success for Labour when nothing (or almost nothing) has changed.
    I would like to wait for tonight`s Youguv and MORI tmr to decide on whether the Tories are closing in on Labour.

Perhaps Youguv and TNS-BMRB are polling more profiteers from the Royal Mail sell off.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Grandiose said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

I would like to wait for tonight`s Youguv and MORI tmr to decide on whether the Tories are closing in on Labour.

Perhaps Youguv and TNS-BMRB are polling more profiteers from the Royal Mail sell off.
    No need to wait....

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/10/15/its-long-term-trends-stupid/

If the Tories reach parity anytime soon is another matter.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Grandiose said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

No no no. This is all about trends. There will be lots of polls that don't show it but the point is the trend. Plato posted this excellent link earlier. Take a look at the graphs: http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/10/15/its-long-term-trends-stupid/
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    If the blue line crosses the red one, the howls of anguish will be astonishing.
  • Options
    So Tim stop running away. Bet me now on the Conservatives winning an outright majority at the next General Election.
  • Options
    @politicshome: Jack Straw on #plebgate: "On any analysis, there has been misconduct by these police officers & public can’t have confidence in them" #bbc
  • Options
    Is this the end for Britain as a centre for libel tourism?
    A pair of high court rulings may sound the death knell for foreigners looking to make the most of the English legal system's tough libel laws

http://www.theguardian.com/media/shortcuts/2013/oct/15/end-for-britain-libel-tourism?CMP=twt_fd
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone have a link to the thread where guesses on "Crossover" on the date of any poll giving a Tory lead is , it would be interesting to see how people voted on the timing..

• Options
    @Avery

You really are too naughty. If I didnt have more respect for you I'd be wondering whether you were behind one or two other posters on the thread ;)
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    tim said:

He's a UKiP candidate but this is correct

@oflynnexpress: If UKIP does get a 22% Euro vote share in London then that points to a very exciting result indeed in our stronghold areas.

Nimby scared land will poll much higher than London.

Ooh did we have a bet on UKIP in London? Or couldn't we agree on terms?
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    I was listening to the BBC debate on R5 earlier. Alan Yentob the voice for the defence and Trevor Kavanagh agin, in front of a live audience.

It was interesting that (so they say) the BBC gets roughly an equal amount of letters accusing it of right-wing bias as it does left wing bias. And apparently pisses the Palestinians off as much as it does the Israelis.

Was intriguing stuff. Kavanagh mentioned the amount of Guardian newspapers the BBC buys but then made himself look a tool when Yentob reminding him that the editor of Newnight used to work for NI.

I don't consider the BBC left-wing. It's hard to categorise such a wide and varied organisation under one umbrella term. It's obviously staffed by liberal intellectuals from the middle to higher class who aren't necessarily in tune with the Sun's White Van Man. And I guess its strong foreign connections make it predisposed towards the EU, far more than our press would be. But left-wing? I don't really see it.

I think Andrew Neil and Paxman are always pretty fair. I listen to R5 a lot and sometimes find that Victoria Derbyshire spits the word Conservative, but when Gabby Yorath was presenting I used to sense that she despised Labour.

Are any of their progs or presenters overly or obviously left wing?
  • Options
    tim said:

So Tim stop running away. Bet me now on the Conservatives winning an outright majority at the next General Election.

As I say you haven't mentioned odds or amounts during this bluster.

I'm assuming that one of your firsts was in "out of the balloon" what was the other in?
    Right Tim. I want 3 bets. I'll work out the other two but the first is this:

£20 that the Conservatives win an outright majority at the next General Election. If they do you pay me £20. If they don't I pay you £20.

Will you take the bet? Yes or No. One word answer. Now.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I don't get why the children of the elderly should expect to inherit a nest egg when their parents have financial needs.

I do, however, think it would be useful to have a better market in insurance products for those who wish to buy protection against the future need for social care.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

Lots of ifs and buts there but as you are wrong on the first count,your entire post is worthless!
    Fair enough; the conditionals were there to cover all bases. I'm glad you were sensible enough to hold off calling for a resignation.

But even without them, the last paragraph is pertinent. A wrong has apparently been done. It should be irrelevant to justice whether it was a Conservative MP, a Labour MP, or just us unimportant plebs. Yet some on here still seem to want to blame the victims.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,377
    Scott_P said:

How would i vote in Stirling?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/graemearcher/100240800/stirling-is-a-british-town-so-let-it-fly-the-british-flag-from-its-council-offices
    Easy one there
  • Options
    Fenster said:

I was listening to the BBC debate on R5 earlier. Alan Yentob the voice for the defence and Trevor Kavanagh agin, in front of a live audience.

It was interesting that (so they say) the BBC gets roughly an equal amount of letters accusing it of right-wing bias as it does left wing bias. And apparently pisses the Palestinians off as much as it does the Israelis.

Was intriguing stuff. Kavanagh mentioned the amount of Guardian newspapers the BBC buys but then made himself look a tool when Yentob reminding him that the editor of Newnight used to work for NI.

I don't consider the BBC left-wing. It's hard to categorise such a wide and varied organisation under one umbrella term. It's obviously staffed by liberal intellectuals from the middle to higher class who aren't necessarily in tune with the Sun's White Van Man. And I guess its strong foreign connections make it predisposed towards the EU, far more than our press would be. But left-wing? I don't really see it.

I think Andrew Neil and Paxman are always pretty fair. I listen to R5 a lot and sometimes find that Victoria Derbyshire spits the word Conservative, but when Gabby Yorath was presenting I used to sense that she despised Labour.

Name a right-wing comedian who gets frequent airtime on the BBC.
  • Options

Nigel Farage
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Do you think comedians get asked about their politics before being booked for comedy shows or is it maybe based on how funny they are?

Argh, I've broken my new year resolution not to get sucked into ridiculous BBC bias arguments.
  • Options
    Neil said:

Do you think comedians get asked about their politics before being booked for comedy shows or is it maybe based on how funny they are?

Argh, I've broken my new year resolution not to get sucked into ridiculous BBC bias arguments.
    You could always get sucked into ridiculous RTE bias arguments!!
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    edited October 2013

Fenster said:

I dunno, I don't watch enough telly. And are there any right-wing comedians? What's Ian Hislop, and is Jeremy Clarkson regarded as a comedian? I know Frankie Boyle was overtly anti-Tory, but hasn't he been kicked out?

I'd kinda like the BBC to be exposed for its left-wingery, but - and admittedly, my BBC intake is mainlly radio - I don't find myself shouting at the radio or TV much on despair at the lefty conspiracies. Although I do find QT annoying and the audiences unrepresentative of the world I know out there.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    SMukesh said:

RobD said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

You probably don`t know but I initially supported Mitchell to keep his job even if he swore as noone should lose his job due to an angry outburst!

As far as I can see,it is one person`s account against another and I have seen no cut and dried evidence against anyone yet

So you know nothing about the CCTV footage? If you are that uninterested in the story, why comment on it?

• Options
    tim said:

tim said:

I'm assuming that one of your firsts was in "out of the balloon" what was the other in?

£20 that the Conservatives win an outright majority at the next General Election. If they do you pay me £20. If they don't I pay you £20.

Yes. FULL STOP
    I'd say it was unfair that you get all the value bets but it was more effort than I would have bothered with for £20.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Neil said:

You could always get sucked into ridiculous RTE bias arguments!!
    Dont start me on that Sunil - now that was an interesting case of institutional capture!
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

Yes. FULL STOP
    Excellent. I think there's a semi-official way of registering this on here isn't there? Anyone know? And can I check if you settled that other bet that was mentioned earlier today by someone?
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

SMukesh said:

RobD said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

So you know nothing about the CCTV footage? If you are that uninterested in the story, why comment on it?

I got bored enough to comment but can`t even be bothered to comment on your post!
  • Options
    tim said:

tim said:

tim said:

Yes. FULL STOP
    Excellent. I think there's a semi-official way of registering this on here isn't there? Anyone know? And can I check if you settled that other bet that was mentioned earlier today by someone?
    Care to make it £200 before we register it, or £2,000?
    Were you never taught to share as a child?
  • Options
    Given you can get 3-1 for a Tory majority with Hills, you'd be mad to bet at evens with tim...

unless it's the delight prospect of taking money off someone who will have spontaneously combusted if your bet actually does come in?
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    SMukesh said:

Ishmael_X said:

SMukesh said:

RobD said:

SMukesh said:

Plebgate-Yawn

I got bored enough to comment but can`t even be bothered to comment on your post!
    Faux boredom and vrai ignorance. Lovely combination.

• Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,951
    Tories are on the march. No doubt about it. Wondering how far it will go.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Neil said:

Apropos not much. Watched Phil Jupitus at Harrogate theatre on Friday where he stated that he hated all tories bar three, mum, dad and Wogan. He's either a very, very good actor or he meant it.
  • Options
    tim said:

Given you can get 3-1 for a Tory majority with Hills, you'd be mad to bet at evens with tim...

unless it's the delight prospect of taking money off someone who will have spontaneously combusted if your bet actually does come in?

Coaching simpletons is not allowed, even when they are double firsts
    It's only £20 even if he manages to figure it out.
  • Options
    Neil said:

No, of course they're not asked. That's a rather silly statement.

Their politics will have been obvious to any commissioning editor or TV wallah who's seen them perform *before* TV. Those people probably wouldn't have seen it as a bias, but "oh my God, this guy's so funny, and I agree with him/her." It's cultural, rather than any grand Tim-like conspiracy.

And it's not a ridiculous argument. I'm a general supporter of the BBC, and do not mind paying the licence fee. But parts of it are undoubtedly broken.

Anyhows, I guess that means that you cannot think of even one right-wing comedian, to counter the likes of Boyle, Hardy and Mitchell. (And yes, I find Mitchell funny. But he can be rather left-wing on the ad-lib stuff).
  • Options
    I'd take that bet and I'm the one distorting the Tory nailed-on Maj on Betfair!!
  • Options
    Daily Mail not impressed:

New betrayal of middle classes over care home costs: 'U-turn' by ministers could mean thousands still lose their homes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2459972/Care-home-cost-U-turn-mean-thousands-lose-homes.html#ixzz2hofXJr00

• Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019

Cue endless posts boasting of how the bet has been laid off so no personal money is at risk and lots of giggles!
  • Options

And it's not a ridiculous argument. .

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that.
  • Options
    Why is somebody offering Tim to lay CON MAJ at EVS when he could back CON MAJ at 3/1 with William Hill?

That is a sign of just how betting illiterate PB has become.
  • Options

Fenster said:

Clarkson? Farage?

How many (professional) right wing comedians can you name?

• Options

tim said:

tim said:

Yes. FULL STOP
    There's nothing official about it, Ricardo, but the custom is that people email me: arklebar@gmail.com

Obviously I have no powers of enforcement but by sending me details, you can reduce the likelihood of arguments about the terms of the bet. I will also opine on disputes, if asked, but only a very small percentage get to that stage.

Btw, Tim's record on settling his bets is unblemished, but then he doesn't lose many, so the sample is small.

• Options

Fenster said:

Clarkson? Farage?

And of course as far as Ed was concerned there was the greatest right wing comedian of them all - Liam 'there's no money left' Byrne.
  • Options

Fenster said:

Clarkson? Farage?

Jim Davidson?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tim said:

With four or five exceptions the PB Tories are the thickest posters on the Internet.

PB Thickies? Or a tad rude?

• Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    11,318 < Bright
  • Options

Fenster said:

Clarkson? Farage?

Jim Davidson?
    Can't be said that Jim didn't have his moment of BBC sun.

'I'm gonna be snookering you, snookering you tonight!'

• Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618

Daily Mail not impressed:

New betrayal of middle classes over care home costs: 'U-turn' by ministers could mean thousands still lose their homes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2459972/Care-home-cost-U-turn-mean-thousands-lose-homes.html#ixzz2hofXJr00

OK I know there are problems,but seniors should just transfer their assets whilst they can.
    In theory you can be pursued for deliberately transferring assets ,to avoid care costs,but the sooner you do it,the more chance of a good result.
    Downside,offspring may end up in divorce/dispute,and chuck you out of the family home,worked for me.

On the upside,nought to do with anything,but 3 months of forced idleness,is coming to an end,and a bad foot is slowly easing,and had one of my many adrenaline fixes up in the high mountains,better than red wine.

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

Why is somebody offering Tim to lay CON MAJ at EVS when he could back CON MAJ at 3/1 with William Hill?

That is a sign of just how betting illiterate PB has become.

I have three figure wagers at evens with Dan Hodges and Harry Phibbs of ConHome that the Tories won't win most seats. The bet is more than covered by my 9/1 CON-LD coalition bet and my 12/1 "hung parliament no coalaition bets". I only lose if there is a CON majority.

• Options

tim said:

tim said:

Yes. FULL STOP
    There's nothing official about it, Ricardo, but the custom is that people email me: arklebar@gmail.com

Obviously I have no powers of enforcement but by sending me details, you can reduce the likelihood of arguments about the terms of the bet. I will also opine on disputes, if asked, but only a very small percentage get to that stage.

Btw, Tim's record on settling his bets is unblemished, but then he doesn't lose many, so the sample is small.

I can vouch for Tim that he settles bets though I once had the humiliation of having pay him.

There is still one arsehole who called "Observer" who owes me £500 from a December 2007 bet.

• Options
    There'll be scenes of delight in Glasgow tonight....

At least they've a British team in Brazil
This discussion has been closed.