Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Senate Kavanaugh hearing begins taking evidence from the w

Comments

• Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,823
    The Clown Prince of Brexit, the Lord of Misrule.
  • Options
    Cant he go on I'm a celebrity... he's turning in to the Tory Lembit Opik

I see the left are fighting themselves tonight too? Guardian Judean Front the latest..

https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1045421743677034496
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

So Elon Musk is in trouble. Ego1 is at risk of a rough landing.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45672813

"The SEC is seeking to bar Mr Musk from acting as an officer or director of a publicly traded company."

That'll hurt him. It shouldn't directly hurt SpaceX, but the DoD were allegedly considering looking into his drug use (because of his required security clearance), and I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of behaviour- if proved - would also give them pause.

Elon, you idiot. There is so much to admire about you, but there's you douchebag side as well.
    The share price has rebounded and is way past that bit of news though, there's no lasting impact. Is the SEC certain to win ?
    Not certain. But the case seems strong factually. My biggest question is what the relevant laws say, & I am relatively clueless about UK law, yet alone US law.
    Hmm personally I hope Vernon wins his case against Musk, but I can't get behind the SEC. THIS action itself is having more effect on the share price than Musk's tweet would have. Can a man not 'consider' anything any more ? Are adverbs not allowed on twitter ?
    You can smell the vested hedge shorters from here.
    "Funding secured" isn't an adverb. Isn't that the words objected to more than the consider remark?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

So Elon Musk is in trouble. Ego1 is at risk of a rough landing.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45672813

"The SEC is seeking to bar Mr Musk from acting as an officer or director of a publicly traded company."

That'll hurt him. It shouldn't directly hurt SpaceX, but the DoD were allegedly considering looking into his drug use (because of his required security clearance), and I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of behaviour- if proved - would also give them pause.

Elon, you idiot. There is so much to admire about you, but there's you douchebag side as well.
    The share price has rebounded and is way past that bit of news though, there's no lasting impact. Is the SEC certain to win ?
    Not certain. But the case seems strong factually. My biggest question is what the relevant laws say, & I am relatively clueless about UK law, yet alone US law.
    Hmm personally I hope Vernon wins his case against Musk, but I can't get behind the SEC. THIS action itself is having more effect on the share price than Musk's tweet would have. Can a man not 'consider' anything any more ? Are adverbs not allowed on twitter ?
    "Funding secured" isn't an adverb. Isn't that the words objected to more than the consider remark?
    Barred from being a director for an off tweet ?
    Bit out of proportion to be honest..
  • Options

Scott_P said:

twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1045420839179612160

Sady he is becoming a national joke
    Becoming? Wrong tense, methinks.... ;)
    I thought I may be corrected and yes he is a national joke and I am a consevative member who sees rght through him. Indeed my wife has just joined so that we can both vote against him for leadership and Corbyn in a GE
  • Options
    Anyway hope Kavanaugh is confirmed tommorow, will be a good day for SCOTUS.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    Has this been shared on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9pD_UK6vGU
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

He said he had the money lined up and good to go.

That's the thing he did wrong.
  • Options
    Worth noting the wingnut is endorsing another article led with a photo of St JC and boo hiss Laura K as their nemesis.... .
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    After that summit, it’s clear EU will leave gloves off as they fight us for jobs and business following no deal exit, I always felt being in blocked their desire to maul The City, that brings so much into the coffers of the British government, paying for our State spending.

But another way they can be super aggressive is using trade deflection. Genuine honest question to all Brexiteers here, once we are out the customers union, what is the plan to protect British industry, businesses and jobs from trade deflection?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

His Twitter feed is listed as an official news source for the company. If "funding secured" was dishonest then that's fraud not an off tweet.

Had he not said those words, then I'd agree it vague and off.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    edited September 2018
    alex. said:

Do you think even the Telegraph might tire of Boris polluting the paper saying the same thing every week, and might just give him his own dedicated supplement instead?

Is the content different or do they simply reprint the same text each time with a different headline on top? It would be easy journalism...
  • Options

Cant he go on I'm a celebrity... he's turning in to the Tory Lembit Opik

I see the left are fighting themselves tonight too? Guardian Judean Front the latest..

https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1045421743677034496
    The Country deserves so much more
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

He was having a campaign against short sellers. Many of those faced losing millions due to that tseet. Musk was manipulating the market, & if he lied it seems fraudulent.

The laws are there for a reason.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Vernon had no chance winning his case in America. The libel definitions are incredibly hard to hit. Only one of Musk's statements even comes close.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

He won't be confirmed tomorrow.

(Tomorrow's vote isn't the final one, the final one is next week).
  • Options
    The cultist are like a star collapsing on itself as the pure emerging black hole looks to bring down all the tainted foundations it was built on...

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1045422881935699968
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Because that's not how it was interpreted at the time. It's not what was written either. The agreement explicitly says the UK not Northern Ireland and expression 50 of that agreement affirms that NI won't vary from GB without NI's approval.
  • Options
    Durbin reduced Kavanaugh to blubber.
  • Options
    After a day of lots of news it is time to switch of the light

Have a restful night everyone

Good night folks
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

He was having a campaign against short sellers. Many of those faced losing millions due to that tseet. Musk was manipulating the market, & if he lied it seems fraudulent.

The laws are there for a reason.
    I'll admit it, I'm biased. But the big hedge shorters love to have the game rigged in their favour
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Has anyone encountered a drinking game called "The Devils Triangle"? or is this the correct definition?

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1045422837090177024?s=19

Asking for a friend, who has to explain it to the Senate...
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,797
    Pulpstar said:

In what conceivable way ?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Pulpstar said:

Well when I read the twitter of the third accusers attorney it's all Trump this, Trump that. I think the anti Kavanaugh campaign is hellaciously politically motivated.
  • Options

The cultist are like a star collapsing on itself as the pure emerging black hole looks to bring down all the tainted foundations it was built on...

I'm utterly lost now.

The paper that publishes Owen Jones, Monbiot and Zoe Williams is a far right propaganda sheet?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Has anyone encountered a drinking game called "The Devils Triangle"? or is this the correct definition?

Well if you Google devil's triangle this 10 year old definition comes up: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devils Triangle

No drinking games do.
  • Options

I'm utterly lost now.

The paper that publishes Owen Jones, Monbiot and Zoe Williams is a far right propaganda sheet?
    Owen Jones is a right wing traitor who once had a bad word to say about our dear leader.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

I'm utterly lost now.

The hard left always turns into fighting factions - was ever thus
  • Options

If I was American, I think I would be keen for all these senators to be sacked....

Agreed - showed the US in a terrible light - politics in the gutter
    It was awful, had to turn it off
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Now will the moderates act?

Of course not.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    Rod Liddell getting more applause than Ian Lavery on Brexit in the NE....

Maybe they need WilliamGlenn to teach them about EU federalism!
  • Options
    Just looked at Evolve, which I gather is some hard left, rage against capitalism social media outfit beloved of Williamson.

First thing I get on the screen is an advert for an even bigger wallet that holds more cards.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,797
    Pulpstar said:

Nigelb said:

Pulpstar said:

Well when I read the twitter of the third accusers attorney it's all Trump this, Trump that. I think the anti Kavanaugh campaign is hellaciously politically motivated.
    So what are they requesting these allegation actually be investigated, rather than batted around a Senate Committee room ? Precisely two individuals have been questioned in nothing that approaches a forensic environment.

I,would think it fairly clear that Ford has established at the very least a reasonable suspicion against Kavanaugh. The rush to confirm him to a lifetime appointment without any further investigation is what seems hellaciously polotical to me.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Scott_P said:

Of course not.
    There is no way they act - they will drift away or be deselected and purged.

But fight?? nah

• Options
    Mortimer said:

Rod Liddell getting more applause than Ian Lavery on Brexit in the NE....

Maybe they need WilliamGlenn to teach them about EU federalism!

And JRM gets even more...
  • Options
    Floater said:

Scott_P said:

Of course not.
    There is no way they act - they will drift away or be deselected and purged.

But fight?? nah

Not in a million years.
  • Options

I'm utterly lost now.

Owen Jones is a right wing traitor who once had a bad word to say about our dear leader.
    I would laugh until all the popcorn bursts out of my stomach, if the Guardian says f-u and comes out for a LibDem protest vote in 2022.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    edited September 2018
  • Options

What state will these people be in by 2022? i.e. the next GE?

Surely they will implode on their own insane logic?
  • Options
    LordOfReasonLordOfReason Posts: 457
    edited September 2018
    Scott_P said:
    I remember him in the eighties as though it were yesterday. He was actually a superb communicator. If you didn’t know his politics you wouldn’t guess it. He could sell anything to you, and mug anyone in debate. Robert Lindsey’s character in GBH was modelled on him.

Unfortunately, for the coming revolution as McClusk calls it, in terms of politics, Hatton sold out and became capitalist scum, bragging on TV about how he grew up and disowned his past self. :(

Would have been great to have the old Hatton back in politics today, it’s just not anarchic or colourful enough at the moment.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    I remember him in the eighties as though it were yesterday. He was actually a superb communicator. If you didn’t know his politics you wouldn’t guess it. He could sell anything to you, and mug anyone in debate. Robert Lindsey’s character in GBH was modelled on him.

Unfortunately, for the coming revolution as McClusk calls it, in terms of politics, Hatton sold out and became capitalist scum, bragging on TV about how he grew up and disowned his past self. :(

Would have been great to have the old Hatton back in politics today, it’s just not anarchic or colourful enough at the moment.
    I seem to dimly recall in GBH it does not end well...
  • Options
    So that's the Guardian journos off to the gulag with the Mail and Sun...
  • Options
    Watching the Kavanaugh hearing - it's grubby. Looks like the Republican committee members are teasing out that their Democratic counterparts have setup an ambush and that the calls for an FBI investigation are a smokescreen. I don't see how that will do anything other than reinforce the Republican desire to confirm.
  • Options

So that's the Guardian journos off to the gulag with the Mail and Sun...

As per the history of the Soviet Union, this script ends with Williamson being carted off to the Gulag, with no idea why he has been denounced and by whom?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048

Scott_P said:

Of course not.
    They did fight. And they lost. Now they have decided, presumably, either the Corbyn project is ok after all, or that it isn't ok but there's no point damaging the Labour brand further by leaving or splitting (ie, that the project is actually ok even if it is not ideal). Which is fine if that is their choice, it's hard after all, so long as they don't cry crocodile tears next time the project leads to places they don't like.
  • Options
    “There has been a collective failure of government, and a collapse of will by the British establishment, to deliver on the mandate of the people," says Mr Johnson.

...who was Foreign Sec for the crucial two years.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Typically I thought people just called it a Devill's threeway rather than triangle. Certainly that's how plenty of american tv shows refer to it.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    An excellent article by Boris. No surprise the Remain crowd have responded with their usual mixture of insults and slurs (no analysis, mind you) - because Boris is pointing out quite forensically how May has gotten herself into a dreadful negotiating position. It is her fault and nobody elses.

As I have been saying for months the only way forward is to withdraw the backstop offer. It was May's mistake and she now has to fix it. By focussing on the backstop, Boris and the ERG are perfectly on target. Great to see him come out and say it,

Boris' approach is the only one that can lead to a deal. It is now dawning on the majority of the cabinet that this is correct. The biggest risk of no deal is Theresa May. And the reason there will be no second referendum is because at the end of the day, it is Remainers who are going to lead us to no deal.
  • Options
    He still might be PM.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Of course not.
    They did fight. And they lost. Now they have decided, presumably, either the Corbyn project is ok after all, or that it isn't ok but there's no point damaging the Labour brand further by leaving or splitting (ie, that the project is actually ok even if it is not ideal). Which is fine if that is their choice, it's hard after all, so long as they don't cry crocodile tears next time the project leads to places they don't like.
    Honestly, I think they either have no idea how bad and warped and insane this project is going to get and have therefore presumably never troubled themselves with a history book, or they don't care.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Boris bashing for the sake of Boris bashing.

The answer is that because politics is the art of the possible, and as such considered that at that point it was better to stay in the Cabinet and fight his corner, as did David Davis, however much he disagreed with the PM's approach. That is the approach that Cabinet ministers generally take when they disagree with the PM of the day. I think he resigned at the right point, essentially when May had crossed the Rubicon of Chequers and the point of no return had been reached.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    An excellent article by Boris. No surprise the Remain crowd have responded with their usual mixture of insults and slurs (no analysis, mind you) - because Boris is pointing out quite forensically how May has gotten herself into a dreadful negotiating position. It is her fault and nobody elses.

As I have been saying for months the only way forward is to withdraw the backstop offer. It was May's mistake and she now has to fix it. By focussing on the backstop, Boris and the ERG are perfectly on target. Great to see him come out and say it,

Boris' approach is the only one that can lead to a deal. It is now dawning on the majority of the cabinet that this is correct. The biggest risk of no deal is Theresa May. And the reason there will be no second referendum is because at the end of the day, it is Remainers who are going to lead us to no deal.
    +1
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,013

Scott_P said:

Have met him. Really engaging. Charisma in spades, very down to earth. Wouldn't trust him for a second, but you can't help liking him.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

It ends fine for Michael Palin who has overcame his fear of bridges and subsequently embarked upon a career travelling to the ends of the earth and getting paid for his troubles, most recently to North Korea.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Have these people never heard of VPNs?
  • Options

Scott_P said:

It ends fine for Michael Palin who has overcame his fear of bridges and subsequently embarked upon a career travelling to the ends of the earth and getting paid for his troubles, most recently to North Korea.
    :lol: Indeed. But he's the good guy. The headteacher. Lindsey is the council leader.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    edited September 2018
    murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

Boris Johnson = will lose seat at next GE

We'll all be saying "Were you up for Johnson?"
    Uxbridge is Labour's 83rd target seat, Johnson could hold Uxbridge even if Corbyn won a majority
  • Options

Scott_P said:

:lol: Indeed. But he's the good guy. The headteacher. Lindsey is the council leader.
    SPOILER ALERT (if it is to be rerun)

Who if I recall is finally exposed as performing the roll of a useful idiot, having been played by MI5 as a tool to make the Labour Party unelectable.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:
    Could be a small Tory majority on those figures which would help Canada deal backers
    The poll indicates improved public approval for Chequers
    Given the EU have rejected Chequers that is irrelevant and even now Canada is still far preferred by the public to Chequers
    Canada is dead - it died in the last 24 hours
    Canada is not dead, just the EU will only apply it to GB which is unacceptable to the DUP
    What died was the prospect of May reverting to a Canada-style negotiating position. Yet with a majority of the Cabinet now reported as being in favour of the option she is rejecting, what is far from dead is the prospect of the decision being taken out of her hands.
    A no confidence vote by November is a possibility
    What makes you think so, HYUFD ? My assumption has been the tory terror of an election.
    On current polls the Tories should have no terror of am early general election, better to seek a Canada deal and maybe fall short but remain largest party and leave Corbyn to navigate Brexit than stay in power with No Deal
    I disagree totally and find that view as a conservative member insane
    Canada is what polls show most Tory members and voters want but it cannot be delivered while the DUP holds the balance of power.
    Members yes - voters no - and Amber Rudd with the DUP collapsed it today
    No, a Canada Deal is also the most popular choice with voters as a whole

https://order-order.com/page/2/
    Up against Remain in binary ref 2 Canada gets slaughtered. So maybe not THE most popular choice in Britain today.

All very silent in brexit and politics today. Just before the roaring wave comes in and everything disappears, is this the bit the sea disappears, and it goes eerily quiet?
    No it doesn't, Canada has a higher net approval rating than Remain
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Tbf he was doing OK before. Tomkinsons Schooldays was on last night...:).
  • Options

Scott_P said:

And the EU and the DUP over the backstop.

No Deal almost guarantees a second referendum passes Parliament sooner or later
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

Uxbridge is Labour's 83rd target seat, Johnson could hold Uxbridge even if Corbyn won a majority
    There is the negative personal vote to consider!
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907
    There is only one Micheal Murray.

Ohhh Jeremy Corbyn.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

Uxbridge is in Hillingdon which voted 56% Leave, Boris did better than the London average Tory voteshare in 2017, he has more of a positive vote than a negative and in fact increased the Tory voteshare in the seat in both 2015 and 2017
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Scott_P said:

His North Korea programme is really well done. Plenty left unsaid, like by the farming family that he visited.
  • Options
    So Labour have let Hatton back in - and have suspended Lee Jasper (again) - for his GayKKK remarks, I imagine.

What a f*cking shambles
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited September 2018
    HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

He has gone into Ed Balls territory now....please just don't like him. I would say it depends if Labour pick some mad Maomentumer, but it didn't stop some getting elected last time.
  • Options

So Labour have let Hatton back in - and have suspended Lee Jasper (again) - for his GayKKK remarks, I imagine.

What a f*cking shambles

All the talk today is about a 1982 calendar....its all back to the future stuff...
  • Options
    AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487
    Indeed
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

Indeed. Boris is unliked and unlikeable. Even many of those who agree with his politics loathe the man.
  • Options
    Anazina said:

Indeed

Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

Indeed. Boris is unliked and unlikeable. Even many of those who agree with his politics loathe the man.
    No Remainers loathe Boris, Leavers love Boris, he is the classic marmite candidate
  • Options

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

He has gone into Ed Balls territory now....please just don't like him. I would say it depends if Labour pick some mad Maomentumer, but it didn't stop some getting elected last time.
    Ed Balls had a majority of 1,101 in 2015 in Morley and Outwood and lost by 422 votes. Boris has a majority of 5,034 so would comfortably hold his seat even on the same swing against him Balls got
  • Options
    Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

Scott_P said:

His North Korea programme is really well done. Plenty left unsaid, like by the farming family that he visited.
    From what has emerged from the Child Abuse enquiry so far, Tomkinsons Schooldays was a documentary which left plenty unsaid too.
  • Options
    Labour really are not doing well at actual elections...
  • Options
    8% swing. Still the Lichfield result to come, which might be a fair bit tougher judging by the preview.
    https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1045444768795426822
  • Options

8% swing. Still the Lichfield result to come, which might be a fair bit tougher judging by the preview.
    https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1045444768795426822

I know it’s only one ward, but so much for uniting the left
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Clifton? Clifton Nottingham goes Tory?

Bloody hell...

Unless there are local factors this is a massive warning alarm to Labour.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    Just watched Question Time - JRM seems to be incredibly popular in "the north" ? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:
    Boris Johnson = clown!

Ed Balls had a majority of 1,101 in 2015 in Morley and Outwood and lost by 422 votes. Boris has a majority of 5,034 so would comfortably hold his seat even on the same swing against him Balls got
    Arent the boundaries about to be changed?
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Bloody hell...

Quick description of the area for the uninitiated?
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907
    Mortimer said:

The UKIP blue wave dampens Labours momentum.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,899
    kle4 said:

He still might be PM.
    BJWNBPM
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Just watched Question Time - JRM seems to be incredibly popular in "the north" ? :open_mouth:

By, they do like to doff their cap, as the masters walk on by.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    Clifton North voted to LEAVE

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/how-your-area-nottingham-vote-151795

Maybe "Sir" Kier Starmer disrespecting democracy cost Labour this seat?
  • Options

Foxy said:

Well if you Google devil's triangle this 10 year old definition comes up: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Devils Triangle

No drinking games do.
    You had to look it up???
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Mortimer said:

The UKIP blue wave dampens Labours momentum.
    A united right rarely loses.

This is something that the europhile wing of the party rarely understands
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    He's looking good for 70. Clearly being a complete c*nt keeps one young.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

Bloody hell...

It has a Tram station :)
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

I'm sure there are individual local elections which show them doing just fine as well.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

Bloody hell...

Maybe I am out of touch, but iirc it is a solid working class, post-war expansion of nottingham, complete with masses of council housing and tower blocks.

I think the local uni has expanded their campus out there, which should actually make it even more Labour these days.

• Options

Mortimer said:

Bloody hell...

Midlands is dreadful for Labour. Highest Brexit vote.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Portillo suggesting that May maybe switches to Canada at the end of the Tory party conference.

Sounds sensible to me.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:
    Could be a small Tory majority on those figures which would help Canada deal backers
    The poll indicates improved public approval for Chequers
    Given the EU have rejected Chequers that is irrelevant and even now Canada is still far preferred by the public to Chequers
    Canada is dead - it died in the last 24 hours
    Canada is not dead, just the EU will only apply it to GB which is unacceptable to the DUP
    What died was the prospect of May reverting to a Canada-style negotiating position. Yet with a majority of the Cabinet now reported as being in favour of the option she is rejecting, what is far from dead is the prospect of the decision being taken out of her hands.
    A no confidence vote by November is a possibility
    What makes you think so, HYUFD ? My assumption has been the tory terror of an election.
    On current polls the Tories should have no terror of am early general election, better to seek a Canada deal and maybe fall short but remain largest party and leave Corbyn to navigate Brexit than stay in power with No Deal
    I disagree totally and find that view as a conservative member insane
    Canada is what polls show most Tory members and voters want but it cannot be delivered while the DUP holds the balance of power.
    Members yes - voters no - and Amber Rudd with the DUP collapsed it today
    No, a Canada Deal is also the most popular choice with voters as a whole

https://order-order.com/page/2/
    Up against Remain in binary ref 2 Canada gets slaughtered. So maybe not THE most popular choice in Britain today.

All very silent in brexit and politics today. Just before the roaring wave comes in and everything disappears, is this the bit the sea disappears, and it goes eerily quiet?
    No it doesn't, Canada has a higher net approval rating than Remain
    From a technical perspective, the two aren't contradictory. It's perfectly possible that Canada has higher net favourables than Remain, but that Remain wins in a forced choice run off.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Mortimer said:

Bloody hell...

Midlands is dreadful for Labour. Highest Brexit vote.
    Yeh, but Jezza has spent months trying to straddle the fence.
This discussion has been closed.