Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The great polling divide: CON wins on big broad themes but

124»

Comments

• Options
    MikeK said:

Patrick said:

The central core of our Judeo-Christian heritage and culture is based on something benevolent and kind - and free.

If it took 2,000 years for the benevolence and kindness of Christianity to become the basis of 'our' culture, what sort of timescale do you think Islam should be allowed?
    Well it's had 14 centuries to develop and civilise. They are now regressing. How much longer would you give them, big man?
    Well Christianity in the 14th century of its existence had many centuries of violence and hatred to go. As I say Islam is indeed the problem today but to claim some sort of moral superiority for Christianity is pure hypocrisy.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    I for one am happy to borrow more to train Romanians so our own citizens csn continue to claim benefits.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    tim said:

You'd think even the PB Tories would know all jobs in this country are open to EEA citizens.
    How many apprentices cross borders of course is a different matter

By SurgeP's posts you'd think every job created under the coalition isn't "A job for a Romanian" of course it is, in theory.

Your party was trying to make out local as in british for apprentices,you would have pointed this out if the tories were saying local for apprenticeships about it open to all EU but you for some reason kept Quiet when labour announced it.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    Andy_JS said:

Anyone know if there'll be live streaming of a German election show online for foreign viewers?

Similarly, is there a nice website to see results come in? Not necessarily a video feed, just graphs and maps!
  • Options

How much public money did the Conservatives spend to drag out government legal advisers at a weekend to give an opinion as to whether Labour's scheme is legal or not ?

I quite agree - I hope the Conservative Party is charged for this. Government legal advisers should not be used for party political purposes.

• Options
    TGOHF said:

I for one am happy to borrow more to train Romanians so our own citizens csn continue to claim benefits.

Round me it's the other way round.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    As reported
    Ed Miliband vowed to help squeezed Britons today with a pledge to force firms to hire more apprentices and a hint he'd raise the minimum wage.

The Labour leader said his Government would introduce an Immigration Bill in its first year to get employers to hire local workers for every skilled non-EU migrant they brought into the country.
    What he actually meant

Ed Miliband vowed to help squeezed Britons Romanians/Bulgarians today with a pledge to force firms to hire more apprentices and a hint he'd raise the minimum wage.

The Labour leader said his Government would introduce an Immigration Bill in its first year to get employers to hire local workers from anywhere in the EU for every skilled non-EU migrant they brought into the country.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,665
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

Anyone know if there'll be live streaming of a German election show online for foreign viewers?

Similarly, is there a nice website to see results come in? Not necessarily a video feed, just graphs and maps!
    The main newspapers should provide those: Welt, FAZ, etc.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited September 2013
    TGOHF said:

I for one am happy to borrow more to train Romanians so our own citizens can continue to claim benefits.

All part of Milband’s £27 billion black hole apprenticeship for foreigners omnishambles.

Day one not going quite as expected i'd imagine...!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

As reported

Ed Miliband vowed to help squeezed Britons today with a pledge to force firms to hire more apprentices and a hint he'd raise the minimum wage.

The Labour leader said his Government would introduce an Immigration Bill in its first year to get employers to hire local workers for every skilled non-EU migrant they brought into the country.
    What he actually meant

Ed Miliband vowed to help squeezed Britons Romanians/Bulgarians today with a pledge to force firms to hire more apprentices and a hint he'd raise the minimum wage.

The Labour leader said his Government would introduce an Immigration Bill in its first year to get employers to hire local workers from anywhere in the EU for every skilled non-EU migrant they brought into the country.

Brilliant - lol

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    tim said:

Go and dig out some stats for us on the take up of apprenticeships and how far away from the place of work the young people live

As a farmer, I know you will hire lots of Bulgarian 'locals' to bring in the harvest.

Back in the real World, pretending that Ed meant the entire EU when he said local just makes you look stupid.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Scott_P said:

@ToryTreasury: .@jameskirkup so Ed Miliband is now admitting that, actually, his scheme won't require firms to hire local workers as apprentices?

Nearly as cunning as some of Baldrick's finest plans.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Has Ed's wizard scheme for UCAS to run a nationalised apprentice selection scheme been quietly canned too ??
  • Options
    Nu thread
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm like fox news,fair and balanced ;-) so here goes -

Gracie Samuels @GracieSamuels

@johnprescott Why are the @Conservatives being allowed to get away using public money & Treasury staff to make political points? #lab13

• Options
    MikeK said:

Patrick said:

The central core of our Judeo-Christian heritage and culture is based on something benevolent and kind - and free.

If it took 2,000 years for the benevolence and kindness of Christianity to become the basis of 'our' culture, what sort of timescale do you think Islam should be allowed?
    Well it's had 14 centuries to develop and civilise. They are now regressing. How much longer would you give them, big man?
    It's taken Judeo-Christianity a deal longer that 14 centuries to reach our plateau of civility; on that basis you must think Islam superior in its capacity to evolve, wee man.

This discussion has been closed.