Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Has Clegg told Cameron when he’ll stand down?

13»

Comments

• SP..I reckon the Russians and the Yanks have never ever considered that, nor any of their intelligence gathering networks..good job you are around to point it out to them.
  • JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

JonathanD said:

I lived and worked in Boulder during the first three months of 2011. My apartment block was just a few yards from Boulder Creek.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24068804

Did you enjoy Colorado as somewhere to live? And how did the interview go?
    Yes I thought it was great. Still have fond memories walking up into the hills overlooking the town and taking pictures. Denver was a one-hour bus ride away (free travel for University workers!). Managed to "do" Denver's light rail network, though never got round to riding on the Amtrak to Chicago or LA!

Thanks for asking but interviews are next week, Monday and Wednesday.

I visited Chicago a few years ago but I never thought of taking the L Train round the centre. I did manage to go by Greyhound from Philadelphia to Detroit so I felt I had at least one 'american' experience.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,235
    Clive Palmer's margin in Fairfax is down to 502 votes:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2013/guide/fair/

• Thanks for asking but interviews are next week, Monday and Wednesday.

Good luck! Are they bioscience related, or are you branching out?
  • AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    edited September 2013
    tim said:
    Fraser Nelson is running the risk of looking as much a numpty on the housing market as Ed Conman at Sky.

Why, why oh, can't journalists look at the statistics before spouting prejudices unfounded in fact. It just makes them look complete fools.

Here is Fraser's recommendation (via Sam Fleming of The Times) to the BoE (I assume the PRA and FCA) on how to regulate the mortgage market to reduce the risk of a Brownian early noughties bubble repeating:

Fleming proposes that Mark Carney, the new BoE Governor, seeks the powers to impose caps on loan-to-value mortgages – regionally, if needs be.

If Fleming had only bothered to look at the latest BoE MLAR report he would have discovered that this is exactly what lenders and their regulators have been doing:

[to be continued with chart in following post]

• AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    edited September 2013
    [...continued]

Here is an analysis of changes in the proportions of 'high risk' loans between the days of Brownian folly and the current climate of Osborne oversight:
    BoE MLAR Report: September 2013                                  
    2007 | 2013 | Change
    Q1 | Q1 |
    --------------------------------------|-------------|------------
    LTV | |
    < = 75% 48.63% | 67.02% | + 18.39%
    Over 75 < = 90% 37.24% | 30.90% | - 6.34%
    Over 90 < = 95% 8.52% | 1.62% | - 6.90%
    Over 95% 5.62% | 0.46% | - 5.16%
    Total 100.00% | 100.00% | - 0.00%
    | |
    LTV and Income multiple | |
    Over 90 < = 95% | |
    Single: 3.50 x or more 1.90% | 0.23% | - 1.67%
    Joint : 2.75 x or more 3.41% | 0.79% | - 2.62%
    Total HIM 5.31% | 1.02% | - 4.29%
    | |
    Over 95% | |
    Single: 3.50 x or more 1.21% | 0.16% | - 1.05%
    Joint : 2.75 x or more 2.26% | 0.09% | - 2.17%
    Total HIM 3.47% | 0.25% | - 3.22%
    | |
    High LTV (All over 90%) | |
    Single: 3.50 x or more 3.11% | 0.39% | - 2.72%
    Joint : 2.75 x or more 5.67% | 0.88% | - 4.79%
    Total HIM 8.78% | 1.27% | - 7.51%
    Duh, Fraser! Time to up your game! Mark Carney already has the powers to do what your friend Sam Fleming is recommending and, what's more, Carney (and his predessors) have been prudentially exercising those powers.

Note: LTV = Loan to Value

• Thanks for asking but interviews are next week, Monday and Wednesday.

Good luck! Are they bioscience related, or are you branching out?
    Thanks - yes both are bioscience jobs!
  • Everything's black and white - can't believe Obama on the day of the 9/11 Commemoration spoke of effectively backing people allied to those who sent the hijackers to wreak havoc in New York and DC.

I still think of war as Clausewitzian "diplomacy by other means", not sure our leaders do.

• NextNext Posts: 826
    NEW THREAT
  • @SMukesh – “The RSPCA were attacked by the government because they filmed Cameron`s local hunt and managed to successfully prosecute two people for killing foxes.”

Wrong on both accounts I’m afraid, but please don't let facts get in the way.

For a start, it was a cross-party group of MPs and peers that accused the Trustees of the RSPCA of braking charity rules.

This is how they described the £326,000 cost of bringing the private prosecution -“We believe that this 'staggering’ expenditure constitutes a clear breach of the 'duty of prudence’ by the trustees of the RSPCA in that it cannot possibly be argued that charitable funds and assets have been used reasonably.”

The group, which included Simon Hart, the Conservative MP, Kate Hoey, the Labour MP, Mark Williams, the Liberal Democrat MP, and Baroness Mallalieu, told the watchdog that they had “concerns about the motivation for bringing this prosecution”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9761645/RSPCA-trustees-broke-charity-rules-over-David-Cameron-hunt-prosecution.html
This discussion has been closed.