Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Spain’s government largely created the Catalan crisis and may

124»

Comments

• Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,950
    Scott_P said:

Although not totally infallible everybody really should be using 2FA these days and a VPN for public WiFi.

https://www.yubico.com

I got my whole family these for Christmas. They were well chuffed...
    Yes, those are good. My only worry is that the company could go bust and cause a nightmare of re-authentication problems. Corporates have been using RSA keys for decades though, and they are definitely a good thing if they’d offer them to the general public.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Sandpit said:

Yes, those are good. My only worry is that the company could go bust and cause a nightmare of re-authentication problems. Corporates have been using RSA keys for decades though, and they are definitely a good thing if they’d offer them to the general public.

They support open standards. If you are using 2FA for google, for example, you can buy hardware from other vendors that supports the same standard.

Although they are crap compared to the Yubikeys

They also do a Symantec VIP version which I use for PayPal, but of course there is a phone variant if I lose the key
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    edited November 2017
    VA State races.

Over the weekend, all 9 published polls went for Dem Northam over GOP Gillespie, but by margins of just 1% to 6%, with one outlier at 9%.

I think this makes it too close to call and I do not think that looking at past voter performances helps that much either. Each election seems to be sui generis these days. But I think the case for this one being more equal than the others is strong - we frankly have never had an election with a sitting President like Trump, and with so many incidents involving white on black killings featured prominently in the media over a very prolonged period. So traditional wisdom that low voter turnout favours the GOP may well be wrong (though it still may be right), as there are some reports that the black community in VA is extremely fired up about voting.

Consequently, I will be surprised neither by Gillespie winning against the odds, nor by a Northam landslide, with a huge black turnout.
This discussion has been closed.