Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The trend in the YouGov Brexit tracker edges towards those who

13»

Comments

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,044
    kyf_100 said:

Now isn't Clive Lewis a big drinking buddy with a PBer ?

' Norwich South MP Clive Lewis was filmed on stage at a fringe event in Brighton saying: "Get on your knees, bitch" - the video emerged on social media. '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41697615

Was it consensual? I've said things in BDSM relationships I would never dream of saying to strangers. Taken out of context I would probably be taken out and shot.
    BDSM was my first thought too. It often is...
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,918

stodge said:

Evening all :)

If I have understood this correctly:

The Prime Minister originally offered to pay 20 billion euros as the "exit bill" (which is 20 billion euros more than a number want to pay).

The EU is looking for 60 billion euros and the Prime Minister has indicated we will move beyond 20 billion so that looks like a settlement around 30-40 billion euros in order to move on to phase 2 of the A50 negotiations.

Am I also right in thinking if we refuse to pay the negotiations will effectively come to a halt and we will leave the EU on 29/3/19 with no agreement and it'll be WTO rules (or similar) ?

Politically, what can May "sell" ? Clearly, there will be a significant minority who will baulk at any payment to the EU but vociferous though they may be how significant are they ? Will we see Cabinet resignations over any payment or only if the Prime Minister crosses a line ?

Presumably said 35-40 billion euros is going to have to come from somewhere - additional borrowing, tax rises or a swingeing round of spending cuts ?

Will Cracksman win the Champion Stakes tomorrow ?

As the old song goes "there are more questions than answers".

£35bn = approx 2 years of the alleged '£350m per week' - so only a deferment of all that extra money the NHS is going to get according to the Leave campaign.
    So you cruel Remainers would rather pay Brussels than fund our NHS?
    1. Better to pay Brussels than trash our economy, upon which NHS funding depends.
    2. We all know the £350m extra for the NHS was a malicious fiction.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,214
    Hillary Clinton on Graham Norton now on BBC1.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Thanks for reminding me not to turn over to bbc 1
  • Options
    Clive Lewis makes a bit of a habit of saying offensive things....
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019

Clive Lewis makes a bit of a habit of saying offensive things....

Not the best day for Corbyn allies with Lewis and Lavery disgracing themselves. Goodness knows what would have been said had they been Tories.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

She has been quite interesting so far but I will leave you to it.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380

Pretty consensual, evidently: part of a jovial boozy evening. The bloke (sic) that he said it to says it was all in fun and Clive's a great guy. The woman standing next to him confirms it. It;'s widely felt, though, that nobody should use words commonly used for sexist abuse, and that's why he's apologised. Seems reasonable to move on.

No doubt you'd have been suggesting we all move on had it been Boris Johnson rather than Clive Lewis.

Sure. I expect he's said worse, come to that, and I know others who have. The problem about Boris is not his private langue but his performance as Foreign Minister.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I will stick to doing some work thanks....
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You will be pleased to hear her pre-recorded interview has now finished and it is Jack Whitehall, Gerard Butler and Jeff Goldblum on now.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited October 2017
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You will be pleased to hear her pre-recorded interview has now finished and it is Jack Whitehall, Gerard Butler and Jeff Goldblum on now.
    Christ, put Hillary back on...than have to listen to jack Whitehall.

I have Netflix new original series mindhunter on while doing some coding. It’s very good.

• Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Christ, put Hillary back on...than have to listen to jack Whitehall.

I have Netflix new original series mindhunter on while doing some coding. It’s very good.

I will leave you to enjoy the rest of the your evening then.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,252
    dixiedean said:

kyf_100 said:

' Norwich South MP Clive Lewis was filmed on stage at a fringe event in Brighton saying: "Get on your knees, bitch" - the video emerged on social media. '

Was it consensual? I've said things in BDSM relationships I would never dream of saying to strangers. Taken out of context I would probably be taken out and shot.
    https://twitter.com/markxdavies/status/913039824331968512
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,044
    edited October 2017

dixiedean said:

kyf_100 said:

https://twitter.com/markxdavies/status/913039824331968512
    Mmmm, Brexit sooooo excitng. A relaxing massage by several grateful exotic and hitherto unattached young ladies. Turns out its a supersized strap-on pegging by Angela, a 63 yo divorcee.
    Do you want it hard, mein Liebling?
    Then they bring in the relatively young, suave French newbie.

We'll be sore in the morning.

And begging....mmmmm.
  • Options

stodge said:

The Prime Minister originally offered to pay 20 billion euros as the "exit bill" (which is 20 billion euros more than a number want to pay).

The EU is looking for 60 billion euros and the Prime Minister has indicated we will move beyond 20 billion so that looks like a settlement around 30-40 billion euros in order to move on to phase 2 of the A50 negotiations.

Am I also right in thinking if we refuse to pay the negotiations will effectively come to a halt and we will leave the EU on 29/3/19 with no agreement and it'll be WTO rules (or similar) ?

Politically, what can May "sell" ? Clearly, there will be a significant minority who will baulk at any payment to the EU but vociferous though they may be how significant are they ? Will we see Cabinet resignations over any payment or only if the Prime Minister crosses a line ?

Presumably said 35-40 billion euros is going to have to come from somewhere - additional borrowing, tax rises or a swingeing round of spending cuts ?

£35bn = approx 2 years of the alleged '£350m per week' - so only a deferment of all that extra money the NHS is going to get according to the Leave campaign.
    1. Better to pay Brussels than trash our economy, upon which NHS funding depends.
    Cruel Remainers would rather pay Brussels than fund our NHS!
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312

stodge said:

For "malicious" substitute "Corbynesque"
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,076

kyf_100 said:

Pretty consensual, evidently: part of a jovial boozy evening. The bloke (sic) that he said it to says it was all in fun and Clive's a great guy. The woman standing next to him confirms it. It;'s widely felt, though, that nobody should use words commonly used for sexist abuse, and that's why he's apologised. Seems reasonable to move on.
    A mealy mouthed and shameful exculpation. I was particularly revolted by the introduction of "boozy" into the evidence for the defence.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2017
    If we were to believe the you gov poll released at 10pm on 23 June remain won by 52 to 48.

So if remain is only ahead by 3 now isn't leave really ahead by 5 or 6 per cent - based on their relative inaccuracy based on precedent?

How different things might have been if polls rather than voters determined things.

ED Miliband would have become PM in May 2015
    Hillary Clinton would now be US President
    Mrs Merkel wouldn't still be searching for coalition partners and
    Mrs May would have a 100 seat majority.
  • Options
    archer101auarcher101au Posts: 1,612

stodge said:

Cruel Remainers would rather pay Brussels than fund our NHS!
    So...the Leave promise to spend the 10bn a year we get back from the EU on the NHS was malicious fiction.

But Remainers are perfectly happy to spend 50-60bn paying the EU Brexit bill without telling us who will pay for it. Can I assume we will reduce the NHS budget to balance the books?
This discussion has been closed.