Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonight’s sonnet like by elections

SystemSystem Posts: 11,722
edited September 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonight’s sonnet like by elections

14 council by-elections tonight. Nine Tory defences, four Labour, one Lib Dem.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

(can't link it as don't have premium access)

Very apt for PB these days...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022
    Fourteen? That seems unusually high.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

• Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

The sad truth is for UK politics Brexit is the only story in town, well that and Mrs May's crapness.

I'm trying to avoid doing many Brexit threads, that's why I've done threads on videos of Donald Trump & urinating prostitutes and a nuclear war on the Korean peninsula being good for Sir Michael Fallon's career.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Fourteen? That seems unusually high.

By my reckoning there were only 12 by elections in the whole of August.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

It's like any divorce. A lifetime of recriminations and both sides poorer, though at least we can have rejoining to look forward to.

• Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

The sad truth is for UK politics Brexit is the only story in town, well that and Mrs May's crapness.

I'm trying to avoid doing many Brexit threads, that's why I've done threads on videos of Donald Trump & urinating prostitutes and a nuclear war on the Korean peninsula being good for Sir Michael Fallon's career.
    Can we have an AV one :-)
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

It's like any divorce. A lifetime of recriminations and both sides poorer, though at least we can have rejoining to look forward to.

The European Union = Richard Burton

Le Royame-Uni = Elizabeth Taylor?
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

On the war front there is some good news:

https://twitter.com/UKDefJournal/status/905808075722039297
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

You're getting two AV threads next week.
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Ambassador, you are really spoiling us...
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

I might even throw in a couple of Scottish Independence threads as well.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,837
    edited September 2017

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

My No 1 prediction for Brexit back in June last year was that people who voted to Leave because they don't like the EU very much and wanted to get shot of it would be very disappointed to find that the EU will feature much more in our lives outside than in and we would never be more beholden to the EU than when we leave.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited September 2017

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

ScottP will explode...Are you ready for half of twitter to be linked in a single thread?
  • Options

England = Zsa-Zsa Gabor
    Scotland = Husband no 1
    Ireland = Husband no 2
    India = Husband no 3
    The EU = Husband no 9
  • Options

England = Zsa-Zsa Gabor
    Scotland = Husband no 1
    Ireland = Husband no 2
    India = Husband no 3
    The EU = Husband no 9
    This has given me an idea for a thread, and my last divorce/Brexit thread enraged so many Leavers.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

You could do a thread on Hurricane Irma, due to hit Florida this weekend. It's the biggest and most powerful storm on record. Hotels up to Nashville are full with retreating Floridians and coastal Georgians.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

You could do a thread on Hurricane Irma, due to hit Florida this weekend. It's the biggest and most powerful storm on record. Hotels up to Nashville are full with retreating Floridians and coastal Georgians.
    I have been thinking about that, if Trump handles it badly, what would be the outcome of that, could he flip Florida and Georgia back to the Dems?
  • Options
    Did I just hear the AV Thread Klaxon?
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

I have been thinking about that, if Trump handles it badly, what would be the outcome of that, could he flip Florida and Georgia back to the Dems?
    Trump got praise from all sides for his handling of Harvey, so he should do fine with Irma.

The only exceptions - predictably - were CNN and MsNBC who said he didn't bring 'empathy'. The folks don't need empathy, they need money.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Perhaps he could build a sea wall and the hurricane will pay for it?

• Options
    RobD said:

Klaxon - is that a Klingon with a speech impediment?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    RobD said:

It will probably be how AV would have resulted in us staying in the EU
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,214

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

With the SNP on the backfoot less interesting, JRM's tip of Tom Tugendhat or even the Kiwi election (NP having already covered the German election the next day) would be more interesting
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Actually something significant in Scotland in the last couple of days. Nicola Sturgeon has realised a decade of "Masterful Inactivity" can look a lot like drift. She has now decided to adopt some policies. (and has done so in a somewhat clever way for a minority government of picking a policy that would please each of the other parties).
  • Options
    NFL football starts tonight! Da Boyz hosting the Giants at Jerry World is the NBC Sunday night game.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Adult Video?? :lol:
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024
    Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Trump got praise from all sides for his handling of Harvey, so he should do fine with Irma.

The only exceptions - predictably - were CNN and MsNBC who said he didn't bring 'empathy'. The folks don't need empathy, they need money.
    And most of the people on the ground trying to help with the situation hate nothing more than to waste a couple of precious days having to deal with a VVIP and his 747 full of entourage.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,616
    edited September 2017

England = Zsa-Zsa Gabor
    Scotland = Husband no 1
    Ireland = Husband no 2
    India = Husband no 3
    The EU = Husband no 9
    This has given me an idea for a thread, and my last divorce/Brexit thread enraged so many Leavers.
    UK = responsible, hard-working husband

EU = profligate gold-digger.
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

I was in Scotland from Saturday to yesterday.
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

EU = Jennifer Tilly's character in the Jim Carrey movie "Liar Liar" :lol:
  • Options
    What we need is nighthawks back. It is the only place for stories like this.

https://twitter.com/foxinsoxuk/status/905891651201245190
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    FF43 said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

My No 1 prediction for Brexit back in June last year was that people who voted to Leave because they don't like the EU very much and wanted to get shot of it would be very disappointed to find that the EU will feature much more in our lives outside than in and we would never be more beholden to the EU than when we leave.
    So, joining the EU is like going to live in Royston Vazey.?
  • Options

What we need is nighthawks back. It is the only place for stories like this.

https://twitter.com/foxinsoxuk/status/905891651201245190

And this

"The wrath of a hurricane can ruin delicate pieces of liquid history," Gungle said. "Hurricanes Andrew, Katrina and Sandy ruined tens of millions of dollars worth of fine wine."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1BI2A8
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,088
    edited September 2017

England = Zsa-Zsa Gabor
    Scotland = Husband no 1
    Ireland = Husband no 2
    India = Husband no 3
    The EU = Husband no 9
    A few of us remainers hate the whole divorce metaphor nonsense, too.

The AV threads, on the other hand....
    :smile:

And, maybe, the enraging Leavers thing....
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

FF43 said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Brexit is more like the relationship of Steptoe and Son. Dreams of something better dashed by cruel reality.
  • Options

England = Zsa-Zsa Gabor
    Scotland = Husband no 1
    Ireland = Husband no 2
    India = Husband no 3
    The EU = Husband no 9
    'Gabor died at the age of 99 of cardiac arrest at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center,[1] on December 18, 2016, less than two months before she would have become a centenarian.[70] She had been on life support for the previous five years'
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,187

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

No gender fluidity please! You've mixed up the French genders there.
    L'Union Européenne = Elizabeth Taylor
    Le Royaume-Uni = Richard Burton
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

Strange how the old 'the most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help' saw disappears in a puff of smoke at these moments.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited September 2017
    There are a lot of unanswered questions. The BBC headline makes it sound like he went on his holibobs and ended up in prison.

This is the story of Hennessy, who spent three years at school in London and was detained on his way back to Europe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-41195589/migrant-crisis-i-feel-like-a-dead-person
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Sean_F said:

FF43 said:

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

For some people. That group is kind of self-selecting, but got the say over what happens to the rest of us.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,093

There are a lot of unanswered questions. The BBC headline makes it sound like he went on his holibobs and ended up in prison.

This is the story of Hennessy, who spent three years at school in London and was detained on his way back to Europe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-41195589/migrant-crisis-i-feel-like-a-dead-person

One of which is I'm sure I heard his story a few weeks ago.. Oh I did https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/migrant-crisis-a-hackney-schoolboy-s-journey-to-hell-of-a-tripoli-cell-z63p7pmb5
  • Options

Charles said:

Matt nails it, again!

A thread on polling methodology/techniques could be interesting. I was thinking of proposing something but I have not had the time lately.
  • Options
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Theresa May has been accused of “rigging” Parliament to defy the result of the general election and give Tory MPs majority control over all legislation.

In what Labour called “an unprecedented power grab”, the Government is trying to give itself the power to dominate every bill committee from now until 2022.

A controversial new motion tabled by Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom seeks to ensure that Conservatives have a majority on all standing committees that are the powerhouses of all prospective laws.

The Tories lost their majority in the election after Labour’s ‘Corbyn surge’, but the attempted reform would give unprecedented power to a minority government for the first time.

The motion, which has been seen by HuffPost UK but is not formally published until Friday, would mean the PM could control her legislative agenda even without the aid of the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP).

With May already under fire over plans to use the EU (Withdrawal) Bill to give ministers sweeping powers beyond the scrutiny of MPs and peers, the latest move has sparked a furious backlash from Labour.

The motion, tabled by Leadsom on Thursday for a vote next Tuesday, states that Commons rules will be changed so that “where a committee has an odd number of members, the Government shall have a majority”.

And “where a committee has an even number of members, the number of Government and Opposition members shall be equal, but this instruction shall not apply to the nomination of any public bill committee [which hammers out the guts of legislation]”.

The move effectively creates a back-door way around the Committee of Selection, the body that is the traditional way of choosing MPs for each standing and select committee.

It also ensures that the Tories will have a majority to rule on Statutory Instruments included in the EU (Withdrawal) Bill, and avoid attempts to amend their Brexit plans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-rigging-parliament-committee-of-selection-standing-committees_uk_59b1a514e4b0dfaafcf68a04?8bo
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

Theresa May has been accused of “rigging” Parliament to defy the result of the general election and give Tory MPs majority control over all legislation.

In what Labour called “an unprecedented power grab”, the Government is trying to give itself the power to dominate every bill committee from now until 2022.

A controversial new motion tabled by Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom seeks to ensure that Conservatives have a majority on all standing committees that are the powerhouses of all prospective laws.

The Tories lost their majority in the election after Labour’s ‘Corbyn surge’, but the attempted reform would give unprecedented power to a minority government for the first time.

The motion, which has been seen by HuffPost UK but is not formally published until Friday, would mean the PM could control her legislative agenda even without the aid of the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP).

With May already under fire over plans to use the EU (Withdrawal) Bill to give ministers sweeping powers beyond the scrutiny of MPs and peers, the latest move has sparked a furious backlash from Labour.

The motion, tabled by Leadsom on Thursday for a vote next Tuesday, states that Commons rules will be changed so that “where a committee has an odd number of members, the Government shall have a majority”.

And “where a committee has an even number of members, the number of Government and Opposition members shall be equal, but this instruction shall not apply to the nomination of any public bill committee [which hammers out the guts of legislation]”.

The move effectively creates a back-door way around the Committee of Selection, the body that is the traditional way of choosing MPs for each standing and select committee.

It also ensures that the Tories will have a majority to rule on Statutory Instruments included in the EU (Withdrawal) Bill, and avoid attempts to amend their Brexit plans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-rigging-parliament-committee-of-selection-standing-committees_uk_59b1a514e4b0dfaafcf68a04?8bo

Mrs May is not a democrat. And obviously the Tory MPs who proclaim their faith in the will of the people will back her. The hypocrisy is rank and utterly predictable. Party before country every single time.

• Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

Mrs May is not a democrat. And obviously the Tory MPs who proclaim their faith in the will of the people will back her. The hypocrisy is rank and utterly predictable. Party before country every single time.

We're doing this to ensure Parliament is sovereign Leavers have gone curiously quiet.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,255
    edited September 2017

We're doing this to ensure Parliament is sovereign Leavers have gone curiously quiet.

It gives parliamentary sovereignty in 'a very real way'.
    https://twitter.com/johnredwood/status/905373104423276544
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

Is it too much to hope there are some Tories out there who do genuinely believe in respecting the will of the people? Will all of them really be so supine, so anti-democratic as to wave this through?

• Options

Ah yes, the thick as mince John Redwood who said Brexit would be quick and easy.
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

I am sure that the Tories will be just as supportive when Jezza has the same power over these comittees and executive authority over Henry VIII powers.

• Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

The Brexit Jacobins ?

• Options

Ah yes, the thick as mince John Redwood who said Brexit would be quick and easy.
    Surely Redwood is a Vulcan, it is David Davis who is as thick as mince?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,691
    edited September 2017

Sic semper tyrannis.

Is it too much to hope there are some Tories out there who do genuinely believe in respecting the will of the people? Will all of them really be so supine, so anti-democratic as to wave this through?

Enough to stop this obscenity.

Can't see Dominic Grieve, Ken Clarke, nor Anna Soubry voting for this, so we need only four other Tory MPs to back democracy.
  • Options

Surely Redwood is a Vulcan, it is David Davis who is as thick as mince?
    John Redwood's a Romulan.
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

I am sure that the Tories will be just as supportive when Jezza has the same power over these comittees and executive authority over Henry VIII powers.

How likely is it he becomes PM before 2019?
  • Options

Hypothetically, if you wanted to offer Gibraltar as part of the divorce settlement, Henry VIII powers might be quite useful.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,044

Sic semper tyrannis.

That is disturbing if true. Needs to be opposed by decent right-minded Conservatives.
  • Options

Hypothetically, if you wanted to offer Gibraltar as part of the divorce settlement, Henry VIII powers might be quite useful.
    I want whatever you are on :p
  • Options
    RobD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Collapse of the government is quite possible, extension of the deadline too, or merely an incoming government deciding that precedent allows them to reintroduce the powers.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Given the way Mrs May is behaving, quite likely.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Sic semper tyrannis.

The people who voted 52% Leave in June 2016 and gave the Tories a majority of the seats in GB in June 2017 you mean?
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

Can't see Dominic Grieve, Ken Clarke, nor Anna Soubry voting for this, so we need only four other Tory MPs to back democracy.

In all seriousness, this is a genuine test of how committed to Parliamentary democracy the Conservative party under Theresa May really is. If the Tories vote this through it will demonstrate unequivocally they have no respect for the will of the people as expressed through the ballot box. It'll certainly turn me Corbynista!!

• Options
    IDS on Newsnight regarding Juncker's comments about David Davis... "a few drinks, and away you go..."
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

In all seriousness, this is a genuine test of how committed to Parliamentary democracy the Conservative party under Theresa May really is. If the Tories vote this through it will demonstrate unequivocally they have no respect for the will of the people as expressed through the ballot box. It'll certainly turn me Corbynista!!

Why is it not respecting the will of the people if Labour insist on holding up the Brexit the people voted for? The committees will still scrutinise the repeal process
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

LEAVE 52%
    REMAIN 48%

:innocent:
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

Loonies for Corbyn.

The people voted for Brexit and then for the present Commons. Live with it.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,986
    edited September 2017
    HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

The people who voted 52% Leave in June 2016 and gave the Tories a majority of the seats in GB in June 2017 you mean?

I'll put you down as an anti-democrat then.

The Tories did not get a majority of seats in June. That's kind of the point.

• Options

RobD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

I expect more voters support reducing low skilled immigration for the foreseeable future than could care less about the precise composition of standing and select committees
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

But this is a United Kingdom Parliament. not a GB Parliament.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

That is disturbing if true. Needs to be opposed by decent right-minded Conservatives.

Good stuff - so that's two Tory democrats on here!

• Options

RobD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Indeed, it speeds up the triumph of Corbynism no end.

Though actually corbyn would probably use the executive powers wisely. He has a natural sympathy for grass roots democracy, that May simply cannot tolerate.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Actually the Tories did get a majority of seats in England, Scotland and Wales combined just not a majority once you included Northern Ireland, as the EU has indicated today it intends to do a separate Brexit deal with NI anyway so the Tories do have a majority to implement Brexit for the rest of the UK
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Actually the Tories did get a majority of seats in England, Scotland and Wales combined just not a majority once you included Northern Ireland, as the EU has indicated today it intends to do a separate Brexit deal with NI anyway so the Tories do have a majority to implement Brexit for the rest of the UK

The anti-democrat is struggling. It's the UK parliament.

• Options

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

A UK Parliament where the largest party in Northern Ireland have backed the Tories anyway

• Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

Loonies for Corbyn.

The people voted for Brexit and then for the present Commons. Live with it.

Another in the anti-democrat column. You may not have noticed, but the people chose not to give any party a majority in the Commons.

• Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Not that the EU seems that bothered about that given there moves for a separate NI deal and of course the Brexit backing DUP won most seats in NI and backed the Tories anyway
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

A UK Parliament where the largest party in Northern Ireland have backed the Tories anyway

Exactly. There is a TORY DUP majority in seats.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Indeed and the DUP backed Brexit even when the then Tory leader was leading the Remain campaign last June
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Not that the EU seems that bothered about that given there moves for a separate NI deal and of course the Brexit backing DUP won most seats in NI and backed the Tories anyway

It has nothing to do with the EU, I'm afraid. This is a Tory government seeking to undermine the will of the British people as expressed through the ballot box.

• Options
    I think I liked Nick P's suggestion of a cross-party committee to oversee the use of any executive power relating to the act until the powers expire on exit day. I'm not sure there is sufficient time on the Parliamentary calendar for everything tonne done via act.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

It has nothing to do with the EU, I'm afraid. This is a Tory government seeking to undermine the will of the British people as expressed through the ballot box.

Every government since the war has done that. :p
  • Options
    edited September 2017

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

No this is hardcore Remainers like you attempting to portray yourself as 'democrats' while yet again pushing to frustrate and undermine the vote of 17 million people for Brexit
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Brexit was expressed in 2016.

And at the 2017 GE leaving the single market too.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380

A Friends Reunited moment! :)
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Yeah... those voters didn't vote for Labour's current policy (whatever that is).
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

No this is hardcore Remainers like you attempting to portray yourself as 'democrats' while yet again pushing to frustrate and undermine the vote of 17 million people for Brexit

Nope. You do not believe in democracy. The people voted in June. The result was that no party received a majority. The Tory government now seeks to undermine the verdict they delivered. It has nothing to do with me, the EU, Leave or Remain.

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,255
    edited September 2017
    IDS thinks Mutti will save us, even if she denies it and even if she does nothing publicly. Mutti is omnipresent...
    https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/905911364375506949
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,044

dixiedean said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Not a Tory. However, I have faith that there are decent, right-thinking Conservatives. We will see how many...
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

And that has nothing to do with the Tories giving themselves majorities on committees that the will of the people did not deliver to them.

• Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

But you believe in elected dictatorship - who's the hypocrite now?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,911
    edited September 2017
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Indeed and the DUP backed Brexit even when the then Tory leader was leading the Remain campaign last June
    And MLP could still win in France.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,691
    edited September 2017

IDS thinks Mutti will save us, even if she denies it and even if she does nothing publicly. Mutti is omnipresent...
    https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/905911364375506949

Chancellor Merkel's re-election is the new German car manufacturers will force the EU to give us a good deal isn't it?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Not a Tory. However, I have faith that there are decent, right-thinking Conservatives. We will see how many...

Apologies. We will see. I hope that there are enough Torirs in the Commons who can see beyond partisanship. It's a genuine test for them.

• Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

Nope. You do not believe in democracy. The people voted in June.

June 2016?

LEAVE 52%
    REMAIN 48%

:innocent:
  • Options

Sic semper tyrannis.

But you believe in elected dictatorship - who's the hypocrite now?
    You miss the salient part of my plan.

I want to be the country's first Directly Elected Dictator, I will ask the people to give me those powers, then, and only then, will I assert those powers.

Mrs May is usurping power without a mandate to do so, where was this in her manifesto?
  • Options

Chancellor Merkel's re-election is the new German car manufacturers will force the EU to give is a good deal isn't it?

Then after the election it will be: "As soon as her coalition negotiations are out of the way, she'll have more freedom."
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sic semper tyrannis.

And MLP could still win in France.
    She did win most departements and regions in round 1
This discussion has been closed.