Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On the face of it Vince Cable is taking a risk linking with th

Comments

• Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    AndyJS said:

Why on earth has Sarah Champion had to resign?

She was showing dangerous signs of recognising reality. Obviously, that can't be tolerated in a Corbyn front-bencher.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

AndyJS said:

She was showing dangerous signs of recognising reality. Obviously, that can't be tolerated in a Corbyn front-bencher.
    Oh, okay.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Scott_P said:
    Looking at the bigness of the cheeses on those two bodies, and in view of the implied slight to American manufacturing and its workers, not the cleverest move even if quite amusing at first sight.
    He's had no real option but to disband them, given they were about to disband themselves in light of his recent remarks.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,533

AndyJS said:

She made the tactical mistake of doing so in the Sun.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,110
    Someone on twitter mentioned that he had gone "full Mensch". A bit unfair on Mensch, I think.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

PClipp said:

stodge said:

felix said:

This gets ever funnier - why on earth is Vince or indeed any other LD of this or any other parish jumping on to this, the silliest of bandwagons.

I'll tell you what would be REALLY funny.

Chapman turns up with 10 Conservative MPs all of whom defect to his new Party.

Laugh, we'd have to have a heart of stone not to...
    Even funnier if he turns up with 20 MP defectors from the Tories....

When is the next general election?
    That's an interesting question - if Theresa May loses her majority, but doesn't want to call an election then does it require a 2/3rds majority to bring the Parliament to an end? She might stagger on until it becomes completely untenable for her to continue.
    If TMay loses her majority then LAB could call a vote of no confidence on a simple Commons majority. If that was carried and not rescinded within 14 days then there is a general election.
    SNP abstain, presumably?

DUP would vote with the Govt.

I'd be very surprised if such a motion would pass.
    Presumably SNP would vote against the Tories.

The only ones who might under normal circumstances abstain are the Lib Dems but given the divisions over Europe I'd expect them to vote with Labour too. So there isn't much room for error here.
    Do you think? Latest polls see the SNP losing up to 20 seats and becoming the third party, don't they?
    What polls? There hasn't been a Scotland-only VI poll since the GE.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    James Chapman's tweet rate while he's on holiday is positively Stakhanovite. Never mind the quality, feel the weight.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    Nigelb said:

AndyJS said:

Well the Guardian was hardly going to publish it.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    AndyJS said:

For telling the truth.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,860

James Chapman's tweet rate while he's on holiday is positively Stakhanovite. Never mind the quality, feel the weight.

Stakhanov mined 102 tons of coal. That was at least something useful. When he packed up the furnaces could be fed on what he had done.

Admittedly he had ample help while it is becoming brutally clear Chapman is a political party of one member, albeit a truly colossal member.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    AndyJS said:

"extremely poor choice of words" - specifically, saying "British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls" when what she meant was "British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls".
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    ydoethur said:

Stakhanov mined 102 tons of coal. That was at least something useful. When he packed up the furnaces could be fed on what he had done.

Admittedly he had ample help while it is becoming brutally clear Chapman is a political party of one member, albeit a truly colossal member.
    And did he mine the coal by digging? In a hole?
  • Options
    Was that the longest Corbyn has gone without a shadow cabinet resignation? Abbott excluded, of course.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,068

He's running at about 70 tweets an hour I think, could be more. I wonder if its just him or there are any ghosts involved..
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

He's running at about 70 tweets an hour I think, could be more. I wonder if its just him or there are any ghosts involved..
    Maybe he reallllly doesn't like his wife? :p
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Hmm.. top trolling by Labour.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I'd imagine the feeling's mutual.
  • Options
    I bet the people working in the hospitality industries would have a rather different view.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,089
    Europe may hate tourists, but it loves their money.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,860
    Ishmael_Z said:

ydoethur said:

And did he mine the coal by digging? In a hole?
    Yes. But other people were on hand to shovel it out of his way.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Charles said:

felix said:

Ironically the longer T. May stays in the background the more her opponents start shooting themselves in their feet. Wonder when the next polls are due :)

I'm not sure standing on the deck of Britain's biggest ever warship criticising Trump counts as 'staying in the background':

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40948414
    Doesn't matter in a post truth world. Corbyn's statement will be retweeted by his adoring fans who will believe it. Job done.
    I'm sure potential Islamic terrorists are quaking in their boots over our new £3bn pound boat i'm not over sure what problems in the future it will address. We hardly have enough ships to form a viable battle group to enable it to go into a war zone
  • Options
    Essexit said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Nice avatar.... :D
  • Options
    nichomar said:

Charles said:

felix said:

Ironically the longer T. May stays in the background the more her opponents start shooting themselves in their feet. Wonder when the next polls are due :)

I'm not sure standing on the deck of Britain's biggest ever warship criticising Trump counts as 'staying in the background':

Doesn't matter in a post truth world. Corbyn's statement will be retweeted by his adoring fans who will believe it. Job done.
    I'm sure potential Islamic terrorists are quaking in their boots over our new £3bn pound boat i'm not over sure what problems in the future it will address. We hardly have enough ships to form a viable battle group to enable it to go into a war zone
    What are the terrorists going to do about it? :)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Essexit said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Nice avatar.... :D
  • Options
    RobD said:

nichomar said:

Charles said:

felix said:

Think "thank goodnes they spent thier money on that"
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,505
    edited August 2017
    Anticipated delay in Brexit talks due to lack of sufficient progress:

Sky sources have indicated that the challenge and timing of agreeing a new German government after federal elections at the end of September has meant a "more formal" engagement from Berlin than had been anticipated.

What a joke. Do they expect Merkel invite them for an informal chat to do a deal after the election?

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/897883293043085312
  • Options

Anticipated delay in Brexit talks due to lack of sufficient progress:

Sky sources have indicated that the challenge and timing of agreeing a new German government after federal elections at the end of September has meant a "more formal" engagement from Berlin than had been anticipated.

What a joke. Do they expect Merkel invite them for an informal chat to do a deal after the election?

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/897883293043085312

Well David Davis thought that.

https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/735770073822961664
  • Options
    nichomar said:

RobD said:

nichomar said:

Charles said:

felix said:

As it sits in the Med launching air strikes against them?
  • Options
    On topic, it is amusing, but if Ken Clarke can happily remain a Tory then I'm no expecting any defections to The Democrats.

Plus, as I noted earlier, on the 9th of September, The Manchester Arena re-opens with truly great artists performing, such as Rick Astley, so that's going to be the dominant news story that day.

Honestly, we should be focusing on the Nazi enabler in the White House, this is what it means to be Jewish in America in 2017, almost like being a Jew in 1930s Germany.

https://twitter.com/Masters_JamesD/status/897736925968203776
  • Options
    RobD said:

nichomar said:

RobD said:

nichomar said:

Charles said:

felix said:

Its the home grown ones that are the problem, have air strikes solved any conflict in the ME?

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,505

Plus, as I noted earlier, on the 9th of September, The Manchester Arena re-opens with truly great artists performing, such as Rick Astley, so that's going to be the dominant news story that day.

Never gonna give EU up will be the order of the day then.
  • Options
    AllanAllan Posts: 262
    Sean_F said:

Europe may hate tourists, but it loves their money.
    Greece was very welcoming to us in June. Greeks we know reiterated that point and said how welcome Brits were. Germans were less welcome due to WW2 and the Banks.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Essexit said:

Nigelb said:

AndyJS said:

They do cover the issue, and also this very interesting victims story:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/29/-sp-untold-story-culture-of-shame-ruzwana-bashir

I will stop there, as I promised Mike not to discuss this topic again on PB.
  • Options

Never gonna give EU up will be the order of the day then.
    Post of the day :)
  • Options

On topic, it is amusing, but if Ken Clarke can happily remain a Tory then I'm no expecting any defections to The Democrats.

Honestly, we should be focusing on the Nazi enabler in the White House, this is what it means to be Jewish in America in 2017, almost like being a Jew in 1930s Germany.

Christopher Cantley is furious that Trump "surrendered his daughter to a Jew." it makes him very angry "to see that bastard Kushner walking round with such a beautiful girl.". For good measure, he wants a President who is "more racist than Trump."
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

AndyJS said:

"extremely poor choice of words" - specifically, saying "British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls" when what she meant was "British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls".
    This development today is very disturbing. Sacked for speaking truth to the power inside the Labour party.

If the Lib Dems and Conservatives were not so dominated by political correctness they would be attacking the Labour party on this.
  • Options
    RobD said:

nichomar said:

RobD said:

nichomar said:

Charles said:

felix said:

Which problems in the ME have been solved by air strikes? On a lighter note £3bn would have paid for 3,000,000 police man according to Diane Abbott!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,230
    A sensible and balanced commentary on the US divide, in the Guardian of all places.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/16/donald-trump-supporters-liberals-sneer
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    Trump is a jerk, or worse. But to say

"Honestly, we should be focusing on the Nazi enabler in the White House, this is what it means to be Jewish in America in 2017, almost like being a Jew in 1930s Germany."

is, to my best belief & knowledge, (sorry) a mite hysterical.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,964

I thought you lefties didnt like jews ?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

PClipp said:

stodge said:

felix said:

This gets ever funnier - why on earth is Vince or indeed any other LD of this or any other parish jumping on to this, the silliest of bandwagons.

That's an interesting question - if Theresa May loses her majority, but doesn't want to call an election then does it require a 2/3rds majority to bring the Parliament to an end? She might stagger on until it becomes completely untenable for her to continue.
    If TMay loses her majority then LAB could call a vote of no confidence on a simple Commons majority. If that was carried and not rescinded within 14 days then there is a general election.
    SNP abstain, presumably?

The only ones who might under normal circumstances abstain are the Lib Dems but given the divisions over Europe I'd expect them to vote with Labour too. So there isn't much room for error here.
    Do you think? Latest polls see the SNP losing up to 20 seats and becoming the third party, don't they?
    Abstaining would end the SNP.
  • Options
    Toms said:

"Honestly, we should be focusing on the Nazi enabler in the White House, this is what it means to be Jewish in America in 2017, almost like being a Jew in 1930s Germany."

Am only paraphrasing what a Holocaust survivor said today.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977
    Alistair said:

Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

PClipp said:

stodge said:

felix said:

SNP abstain, presumably?

Abstaining would end the SNP.
    So might an election...
  • Options

Leftie? Me? Don't be silly.

You're the lefty, when you nearly let in Ed Miliband as Prime Minister in 2015.
  • Options

Both sides etc etc.

I note, as well, that the counter protestors had a permit for their demonstration (two in fact) so that's another Nazis apologist talking point blown out of the water.
  • Options

Toms said:

can we have a post on what it's like being christian in Iraq or dont they count ?
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited August 2017

Toms said:

Accepted, but you might consider checking with the other six million. I think I'm going to stay off this now. But suffice it to say that Jewish friendship and collaboration have been have been a wonderful part of my personal and professional life.
  • Options

Toms said:

can we have a post on what it's like being christian in Iraq or dont they count ?
    Whataboutery at its finest.

Purest vintage.
  • Options

Toms said:

Ironically it was great for them when Saddam was in power.
  • Options

Toms said:

Sadly true. Apart from Lebanon, UAE and Oman I'm not sure there's any Christian churches left in the whole Middle East region now.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Toms said:

Purest vintage.
    Really

people there are actually being murdered, ethnically cleansed and communities destroyed

your shitting yourself about a statue because you dont like Trump

warped values
  • Options
    Unless we solve the problems facing people within the "WWC" we will continue to have this attraction of the ultra right. They believe thier problems are a direct result of imigration but that doesn't explain the under performance at school. I've no idea what the solution isbut the underlying problems would still be there without immigrants. Is it the schools, the lack of role models or what but it needs to be resolved.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

AndyJS said:

Too many votes at risk.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,777
    Alistair said:

Toms said:

Purest vintage.
    I agree.

An awful prior post also.
  • Options

"Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi" - discuss.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

Unless we solve the problems facing people within the "WWC" we will continue to have this attraction of the ultra right. They believe thier problems are a direct result of imigration but that doesn't explain the under performance at school. I've no idea what the solution isbut the underlying problems would still be there without immigrants. Is it the schools, the lack of role models or what but it needs to be resolved.

err yes thats the key message on Brexit and GE17

but remainers think its all about bus painting
  • Options

"Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi" - discuss.
    Hitler was an amateur, Mao the true professional
  • Options

nichomar said:

I don't see either providing a solution only a reaction to how life is percieved.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

I don't see either providing a solution only a reaction to how life is percieved.
    neither does

both are stong protest votes that politics isnt delivering

the people who have been getting filthy rich a la peter mandelson have been put on notice

until politics reconnects with a major slice of the electorate this will continue, shutting down dissent has failed
  • Options

Alistair said:

Toms said:

Purest vintage.
    Really

people there are actually being murdered, ethnically cleansed and communities destroyed

warped values
    I don't think that is the point. Someone posted about a threat to Jews in a particular incident and your response was, what about Christians in Iraq (and that was after a jibe about lefties hating Jews).

Can someone not highlight an unpleasant incident because you can identify a more horrific incident?

It came over as very unpleasant.
  • Options

Toms said:

we could always celebrate 70 happy years of Pakistan

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,027
    edited August 2017

Toms said:

A country I know little about, I've spent more days of my life in France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, America, Spain, and a few other countries.

I think I've spent 20 days of my life in Pakistan, 15 of those when I was 2.
  • Options
    kjh said:

Alistair said:

Toms said:

Purest vintage.
    Really

warped values
    I don't think that is the point. Someone posted about a threat to Jews in a particular incident and your response was, what about Christians in Iraq (and that was after a jibe about lefties hating Jews).

Can someone not highlight an unpleasant incident because you can identify a more horrific incident?

its meant to be unpleasant

the nonsensical singling out of events in the US just becasue people dont like Trump doesnt excuse the bigger crimes elsewhere, which those purporting to have a humanitarian concern studiously ignore

if the retort makes you feel uncomfortable at least your have the advantage of humanity in asking why, politicos on the board dont actually give a shit. Some lives are more equal than others it seems
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Lib Dems inhouse website denies that Cable is supporting new party launch. But "I think that we need to be careful about rushing to judgement about what is going on. Something is clearly not right. " Caron Lindsay, LD editor.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/no-vince-cable-will-not-be-launching-new-antibrexit-party-with-former-mail-political-editor-55080.html

But if they turn up at the event they will be associating themselves with the erratic Chapman. No one can be a little bit pregnant.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    O/T

Must watch TV programme on tonight at 9pm on BBC4 about the history of Milton Keynes.
  • Options

Toms said:

A country I know little about, I've spent more days of my life in France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, America, Spain, and a few other countries.

And what ?

Is there not oppression there too, is it not studiously ignored why do western values only apply to politicians you dont like ?
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

To have a go at answering my own question.
    Stop providing flats for single teenage mothers, further restrict benefits unless seriously looking for work, invest heavily in education in deprived areas, work seriously on the drug issue even if it means legalising some. Increase the number of post 16 technical training but what do I know in reality I have had a privaledged middle class upbringing and have no idea what life is like outside that environment.. I just know it's a problem ignored by all political parties
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

Is there not oppression there too, is it not studiously ignored why do western values only apply to politicians you dont like ?
    That's not what I said.

Clearly you're pissed and as a wise man once told me, never argue with a drunk or a pig.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,943
    Wow! When Chappers does his book it is either, going be a total eye-opener or pulped due to lawyers:

https://twitter.com/jameschappers/status/897885864675737600
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Stop providing flats for single teenage mothers, further restrict benefits unless seriously looking for work, invest heavily in education in deprived areas, work seriously on the drug issue even if it means legalising some. Increase the number of post 16 technical training but what do I know in reality I have had a privaledged middle class upbringing and have no idea what life is like outside that environment.. I just know it's a problem ignored by all political parties
    I can agree with all of that but for it to work we have to slaughter some sacred cows

I'm afarid I was pessimistic at the unemployment figures today since once again we are importing low cost labour instead of upskilling and pushing for the productivity that brings wealth

great news today for CEOs shit for the rest of us
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

Clearly you're pissed and as a wise man once told me, never argue with a drunk or a pig.
    as sober as an imam TSE

if youre uncomfortable facing the issues then maybe you should ask why
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

as sober as an imam TSE

I'm happy to discuss them once you're not engaging in whataboutery.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    PR Industry's main mag, PR Week highlights the attention that Chapman is drawing to Bell Pottinger.
    "It will be an unwanted distraction for the embattled agency, which faces questions over its very future ahead of a hearing with the PRCA on Friday over its activities with a controversial South African client."
    http://www.prweek.com/article/1442130/thedemocrats-extraordinary-rant-bell-pottinger-partner-james-chapman-grabs-headlines
    I can see him getting released by BP.
  • Options

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

I can agree with all of that but for it to work we have to slaughter some sacred cows

I'm afarid I was pessimistic at the unemployment figures today since once again we are importing low cost labour instead of upskilling and pushing for the productivity that brings wealth

Is the problem though that a lot of the group we are talking about have made themseves unemployable by thier attitude to education and the belief the world is against them?
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

as sober as an imam TSE

poor excuse

whataboutery started with a daft post claiming the USA is the same as Nazi Germany

it isnt
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,472
    AndyJS said:

O/T

Must watch TV programme on tonight at 9pm on BBC4 about the history of Milton Keynes.

A highly successful development, although flawed.

In other news, during my run today I saw geotechnical bods starting work in a newly-harvested field ready for Cambourne West, the latest extension of my 'rural village'.

I look forward to seeing changes over the next few years,
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,943
    https://twitter.com/jameschappers/status/897899971688706052

No holding back after an evening in Greece.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,472

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

as sober as an imam TSE

poor excuse

whataboutery started with a daft post claiming the USA is the same as Nazi Germany

it isnt
    The anecdote in his original post was very powerful. It stands on its own, without any of your unnecessary deflections.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Is the problem though that a lot of the group we are talking about have made themseves unemployable by thier attitude to education and the belief the world is against them?
    there is some element of that, but I'd say the bigger issue is our managerial classes have pardoned themselves from the older duty of making society as a whole better off and have moved more to a fill yer boots mentality

they dont train, they dont onvest they dont do R&D they just squeeze cash
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Thankyou for the debate am off to bed as another day beckons and I've run out of fags and don't want to open another bottle. Let's see what tomorrow brings!
  • Options

He's just the total Fruitloop that Brexiteers need leading the Remoan charge.

Carry On Loopy.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

That's a good start, but it's going to be a very slow process involving lots of carrots and sticks.

Possibly some sort of national service for those who drop out, a serious look at the drugs issue (either Portugal or Singapore, not some silly wish washy middle way that only benefits the gangs), kids growing up with no fathers and with no-one around them working. I'd also bring back the Catholic adoption agencies that got shut down a few years ago, who placed babies with good homes.
  • Options

Toms said:

Muslim-Occupied India :)

(only kidding, TSE!)
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

as sober as an imam TSE

poor excuse

it isnt
    Correct. It is more like the Weimar Republic at present...

https://youtu.be/29Mg6Gfh9Co
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

as sober as an imam TSE

poor excuse

it isnt
    The anecdote in his original post was very powerful. It stands on its own, without any of your unnecessary deflections.
    really its not
  • Options

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

there is some element of that, but I'd say the bigger issue is our managerial classes have pardoned themselves from the older duty of making society as a whole better off and have moved more to a fill yer boots mentality

Have to agree very short sighted
  • Options

Toms said:

"The Brits partitioned my country, too, you know!"
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

as sober as an imam TSE

poor excuse

it isnt

oh dear we're wheeling the old chestnuts out tonight
  • Options

Toms said:

"The Brits partitioned my country, too, you know!"
    you can have Gerry Adams if you want him
  • Options

kjh said:

Alistair said:

Toms said:

Purest vintage.
    Really

warped values

its meant to be unpleasant

the nonsensical singling out of events in the US just becasue people dont like Trump doesnt excuse the bigger crimes elsewhere, which those purporting to have a humanitarian concern studiously ignore

if the retort makes you feel uncomfortable at least your have the advantage of humanity in asking why, politicos on the board dont actually give a shit. Some lives are more equal than others it seems

It doesn't make me feel uncomfortable; I wasn't part of the original discussion. I also agree with the point you are making now. Sadly that is the way news is reported and discussed and we focus more on home incidents and then 1st world incidents and then 3rd world incidents, even those latter ones may involve 10s or 100s or 1000s more deaths for instance. Sad I agree.

However it definitely came over as the classic response well described as whataboutery and following the lefties hating Jews remark sounded racist and angry. I can see from your comments above it wasn't the former and I can understand and sympathise with the latter.
  • Options

Joking aside. I think he is having a genuine nervous breakdown.
  • Options

he's probably been following PB Brexit threads
  • Options

Toms said:

And what ?

That's not what I said.

as sober as an imam TSE

poor excuse

it isnt

oh dear we're wheeling the old chestnuts out tonight
    It is an increasingly divided society, with dangerous trends and loads of guns.

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/888904322326638592
  • Options

Essexit said:

Nigelb said:

AndyJS said:

They do cover the issue, and also this very interesting victims story:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/29/-sp-untold-story-culture-of-shame-ruzwana-bashir

I will stop there, as I promised Mike not to discuss this topic again on PB.
    Interesting article - thanks.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,720

That's been my assumption. Even by recent standards of political behaviour, these tweets are deranged.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

nichomar said:

Mervyn King agrees with your point on training.
    This is only because they can bring in cheap labour. When that is severely curbed, then they will have to train and pay more.

• Options
    Are we still retwatting every utterance of some guy who appears to be trying to outdo trump when it comes to spreading tonnes of horseshit ?
This discussion has been closed.