Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The August 2017 silly season continues – Ladbrokes now taking

124»

Comments

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952

isam said:

SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Paris. Jesus Christ.

If this is a terror attack, then enough. Time to expel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4790308/One-dead-seven-hurt-car-rams-Paris-pizzeria.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline#ixzz4plIYu5jh

How can you slowly drive a car, carefully and deliberately, at a restaurant terrace, killing an eight year old girl? And potentially others?

This is a worldwide mental illness.

Expel who? How do you decide who needs to be expelled? And to where?
    That Nadiya can piss off. She nearly gave me diabetes just watching her Great British food tour.
    Forgive me, et of shit.
    No, you are misrepresenting me.

This conversation is now closed

Why? He's lying.

Because I say so and it is my site.

each day dies with sleep.

I shall go and not return.
    Un po di calma, Sean. You are one of the good things here. But it is Mike's site and repetitious arguments between posters are no good for anyone.

BTW I enjoyed your article in the Times about Ticino though - as a financial investigator - I have a rather jaundiced view of what goes on in its financial institutions.
    Whatever, who gives a tiny atomic fuck, I post here once a month, now. This site is DEADIO. All the fun posters have either been banned or have fallen off cliffs, or - like me - actually and properly flounced.

I shall make my very very last comment, rather fittingly, in the form of a vulgar boast. I am now officially as famous, or at least equivalent, to Charlotte Bronte and J K Rowling (according to The Times)

https://twitter.com/thomasknox/status/897187420348841989

Yay! And with that I bid PB, and all its fine upstanding members, and Our Genial Host, a fond but very terminal farewell.
    Thank fuck! Goodbye and good riddance you old bigot!
    Maybe he'll be allowed back under another name to let him save face
    I thought it was a self-imposed flounce, not a ban.
    Who said it wasn't?
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,726
    edited August 2017

Scott_P said:
    It is not up to our cabinet. Such a transition deal is subject to the EU27 finding it suit their purposes.

As a great goalkeeper once said " Everything is made more complicated by the presence of the opposing team"
    Great quote!

In this instance, not only is there an opposing team but a complete lack of 'our team'
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited August 2017

Scott_P said:
    It is not up to our cabinet. Such a transition deal is subject to the EU27 finding it suit their purposes.

As a great goalkeeper once said " Everything is made more complicated by the presence of the opposing team"
    Great quote!

In this instance, not only is there an opposing team but a complete lack of 'our team'
    Just checked. I misattributed it to Albert Camus in my head, but actually it was Sartre. I don't know whether he ever played in goal...
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:
    Expel who? How do you decide who needs to be expelled? And to where?
    That Nadiya can piss off. She nearly gave me diabetes just watching her Great British food tour.
    Forgive me, et of shit.
    No, you are misrepresenting me.

This conversation is now closed

Why? He's lying.

Because I say so and it is my site.

each day dies with sleep.

Un po di calma, Sean. You are one of the good things here. But it is Mike's site and repetitious arguments between posters are no good for anyone.

BTW I enjoyed your article in the Times about Ticino though - as a financial investigator - I have a rather jaundiced view of what goes on in its financial institutions.
    Whatever, who gives a tiny atomic fuck, I post here once a month, now. This site is DEADIO. All the fun posters have either been banned or have fallen off cliffs, or - like me - actually and properly flounced.

I shall make my very very last comment, rather fittingly, in the form of a vulgar boast. I am now officially as famous, or at least equivalent, to Charlotte Bronte and J K Rowling (according to The Times)

https://twitter.com/thomasknox/status/897187420348841989

Yay! And with that I bid PB, and all its fine upstanding members, and Our Genial Host, a fond but very terminal farewell.
    Thank fuck! Goodbye and good riddance you old bigot!
    Maybe he'll be allowed back under another name to let him save face
    I thought it was a self-imposed flounce, not a ban.
    Who said it wasn't?
    Ah yes - I see what you mean.

Anyway, I'm flouncing off to bed now, safe in the knowledge that we will/won't be in a/the custom union for an indeterminate transition period.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Great quote!

Just checked. I misattributed it to Albert Camus in my head, but actually it was Satre. I don't know whether he ever played in goal...
    Maybe in that Brazilian team that also had Sócrates?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Scott_P said:
    You're right. Faisal doesn't understand what he's talking about.

There's a difference between temporary membership of *the* customs union and permanent membership of a *temporary* customs union
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Fake News...

https://twitter.com/gdnpolitics/status/897221576399085568

Brexit is easy. There will be no chaos. Project Fear is dead...
  • Options

Kent & East Sussex done today - longest standard gauge heritage railway in the South East.

Is that the one that goes to Bodiam, along the Rother valley? I used to go fishing there as a kid.

Will they ever re-open up the connection to Robertsbridge?
    They just got the planning permission a few months ago. Sadly, had to make do with stopping at Bodiam today!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Scott_P said:

Great quote!

Just checked. I misattributed it to Albert Camus in my head, but actually it was Satre. I don't know whether he ever played in goal...
    Maybe in that Brazilian team that also had Sócrates?
    In Monty Python Socrates plays for Greece:

"There’s Archimedes, and I think he’s had an idea! “Eureka!” Archimedes, out to Socrates. Socrates back to Archimedes. Archimedes out to Heraclitus who beats Hegel. Heraclitus a little flick. Here he comes, on the far post. Socrates is there! Socrates heads it in! Socrates has scored! The Greeks are going mad! The Greeks are going mad! Socrates scores! But a beautiful cross from Archimedes. The Germans are disputing it! Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a prioriadjunct of non-naturalistic ethics. Kant, via the categorical imperative, is holding that ontologic exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming that it was offside." International Philosophy Match, Germany v Greece, Olympic Stadium Munich"
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031
    Charles said:

Scott_P said:

There's a difference between temporary membership of *the* customs union and permanent membership of a *temporary* customs union
    There's also a difference between The Customs Union, that comprises all EU states, Andorra, San Marino, Monaco and Vatican City, and A Customs Union between the EU and AN Other (i.e. Turkey).
  • Options
    isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:
    Surely the jury should be allowed to read into it whatever they like? Just as if I wished to wear a balaclava to court.
    I was more concerned over how gangs of Muslims seem to want to commit terror attacks against U.K. Institutions all the time, but everyone has their priorities!
    Their impact is negligible. Let it go.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952
    edited August 2017
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:
    Surely the jury should be allowed to read into it whatever they like? Just as if I wished to wear a balaclava to court.
    I was more concerned over how gangs of Muslims seem to want to commit terror attacks against U.K. Institutions all the time, but everyone has their priorities!
    Thats the attitude that's got us where we are.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

Scott_P said:

There's also a difference between The Customs Union, that comprises all EU states, Andorra, San Marino, Monaco and Vatican City, and A Customs Union between the EU and AN Other (i.e. Turkey).
    Yes, a temporary Turkish style arrangement seems sensible. How is LA? Am back in SoCal Friday through Monday if I can tempt you down to the OC
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352
    SeanT always had two stocks in trade - the outrageous shock jock contributor, adopting a variety of extreme positions in turn and swearing at anyone who disagreed, and the mild appreciator of the good life, laid back about politics and delighting in glorious views, food and wine. In between he could be an interesting interlocutor.

The problem lately is that his rhetoric has lost its edge and the appreciation shades into narcissism. It's a pity, as he was usually good fun, and still is sometimes - but he's right to put enjoyment before posting if he's bored. Thanks for years of entertaining company and good luck.
  • Options
    isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:
    Thats the attitude that's got us where we are.
    One of the richest countries on earth, with negligible unemployment. Sure, there are things that could be better.

But 99.9% of people on planet earth would love your life, and would love the life of the average Brit.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,101
    edited August 2017
    Scott_P said:

Fake News...

Brexit is easy. There will be no chaos. Project Fear is dead...

So they're ruling out a 'lengthy transition deal' and proposing an 'indefinite interim deal'. No doubt there's a Cabinet war about whether to instead push for an 'unlimited implementation period'.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    I've just finished reading "The Ice Twins" by S.K. Tremayne. I won't tweet or comment anything about the story (so as not to spoil it for others) but suffice it to say that the author is obviously a twisted and devious cow.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    JohnLoony said:

I've just finished reading "The Ice Twins" by S.K. Tremayne. I won't tweet or comment anything about the story (so as not to spoil it for others) but suffice it to say that the author is obviously a twisted and devious cow.

If the author is indeed a twisted and devious cow, that probably reflects in some way on those of us who really enjoyed the book!
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,015
    SeanT said:

See you next week.
This discussion has been closed.