Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It would appear some Tory MPs are determined to see a British

124»

Comments

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    edited June 2017

It's quite a feat for Labour to steal negative headlines from the Government today. What ineptness.

True. But the brinkmanship of Corbyn, McDonnell, Milne has revealed their hard Brexit stance. So far, they had navigated very skilfully. Many Tory Remainers actually voted Labour to frustrate Brexit.
  • Options
    Off topic!
    Hotels near the O2 Arena and Brixton Academy-Help!

My middle lad has got some unpaid work next Monday and Tuesday at gigs at the above places in that there London. He needs a cheap hotel to stay somewhere with access to both. We're not talking the usual PB standard of hotel, the venues that serve diamond dusted swan poached in Siberian tiger semen, just somewhere where he's not going to get mugged for his camera and video equipment. I don't expect you to give me names, just any ideas of an area he should be looking at that is handy for both, and areas he definitely shouldn't be looking at!

Ta very muchly!
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038

I have to say, it doesn't look good for Corbyn when around 50 MPs rebel against him re Chuka's amendment while May doesn't suffer anywhere near the same.

Corbyn has proved himself an able campaigner during the last few months. However that is a very different set of skills from leading a party, and there is little reason to believe the election campaign has improved his leadership skills one jot.

All it has done is make it harder for the rebels. But as far as I can tell he is doing nothing to reach out to all corners of the party, and he seems to want them to bow to his will. Today shows that he might find they are unwilling to do so.

It will be odd if, after the disastrous election for the Conservatives, they end up more united than the Labour party.
    +1.
    Not odd at all - clinging on to power has a strange unifying force...

And being united is a problem in itself. Until the referendum the Tory Party was a broad church. Then May decided to make it the Brexit Party. This was a ridiculous thing to do, especially as it only garnered an extra 2% of voters at the election. In the medium term I can only see this harming the party. First of all, restricting itself to support from Brexiters will harm its electoral prospects. Secondly, the Ken Clarke wing of the party, even though it's now smaller, is actually now more powerful, and able to hold the bulk of the party to ransom over many issues.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

Clive Lewis the ONLY Mp to miss the vote. Everyone else who makes up the numbers either voted or could not by convention (Various shades of speaker & deputies)

Was there not 2 Tories missing as well?
    I though 1 Tory was missing and 2 Labour.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited June 2017
    GeoffM said:

I'm off to Paris on business later in the year. And it's not the friendly Paris of old.

This app looks really useful. It lets you know if you're entering a No Go Zone and if you're in danger of attack and/or sexual assault in the more violent Islamist gang-run parts..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nogozonefr&hl=fr

One review:
    “It is an indispensable application for anyone who thinks that the cultural ‘enrichment’ of non-natives is not compatible with our way of life.”

There's nowhere you're likely to want to go that'll give you any trouble. I've been a few times lately and though your bag gets searched a lot and they don't let backpacks into anywhere it's still gay Paris the city of love.....

http://www.grazia.it/content/uploads/2013/10/Robert-Doisneau-Parigi-fotografia-Il-Bacio-Il-bacio-dell-Hotel-de-Ville.jpg?889d4c
This discussion has been closed.