Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Now the speculation is that these could be TMay’s final days a

Comments

• Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Mortimer said:

EPG said:

Do you think smearing the demonstrators as a communist terrorist mob is part of the non-empathy story explaining why you guys are losing to, of all people, Jeremy Corbyn?

Smearing? Chortle.

Remind me of the votes/seats split of last week's election?
    A lot of it is a genuine protest at the lack of affordable housing for the working classes, but there is a nasty element in there as proven by the signs. They are being kept on the margins so far as nothing has kicked off.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,226
    Ave_it said:

Utter bollocks Mike as per usual from you, just because the party you support lost again!

Theresa will be here in 5 years hope this site might have grown up by then!

Ave it, you've 'ad it... Labour take Kensington!!!!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,012
    EPG said:

Do you think smearing the demonstrators as a communist terrorist mob is part of the non-empathy story explaining why you guys are losing to, of all people, Jeremy Corbyn?

Yes, I am still trying to get over how PM Jeremy Corbyn won his landslide victory last Thursday, Tories obviously did not reach out enough to the SWP!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,960
    Phil said:

tlg86 said:

kyf_100 said:

tlg86 said:

But why put something on the flats that could be hazardous? It smacks of politicians wanting to do something to make themselves feel better about those poor people who have to live in those ghastly flats.

Ghastly? Yours for £1712 per calendar month...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-59885887.html
    Crikey! So does that mean it was a mix of private and social tenants?

It's interesting, because when you see tower blocks you assume they're not particularly special on the inside.
    It is worth actually looking at who made the decisions to have these renovations.

The building was controlled by the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation.

Who are they?

Well according to their website they are the 4,500 people who actually live in these council properties. Their board is made up of eight elected tenant and leaseholder members, four appointed Councillor members and three independent appointed other members. They are a non profit organisation and the board do not get paid for their work. Nor are they allowed to have any financial interest in any company that does work for them.

This is not some company setting out to profit from the council tenants. This IS the council tenants, or at least their representatives.

These are the people who decided to take over the running of their own homes so they could apply for grants to bring the properties up to the Decent Homes Standard.

Someone has made a big mistake here. No one denies that. But to try and claim this is anything to do with inequality or a lack of care is simply wrong and is very, very dumb.
    So why do the BBC and Sky not report that. It is their duty to be balanced and not conduct a witch hunt as has been evidenced over the last few days
    I have no idea. All the information is freely available on the KCTMO website. I guess the media find facts get in the way of a good story.
    If the KCTMO is so wonderfully representative of their tenants, then why did the Grenfall Action Group even exist?
    Local politics? Who knows. Bottom line is that the people who made the decisions were tenants themselves who were not getting paid for what they did and were trying to make life better for the people living in those flats.

So where is your class war now?
  • Options
    saddosaddo Posts: 534

tlg86 said:

kyf_100 said:

tlg86 said:

But why put something on the flats that could be hazardous? It smacks of politicians wanting to do something to make themselves feel better about those poor people who have to live in those ghastly flats.

Ghastly? Yours for £1712 per calendar month...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-59885887.html
    Crikey! So does that mean it was a mix of private and social tenants?

It's interesting, because when you see tower blocks you assume they're not particularly special on the inside.
    It is worth actually looking at who made the decisions to have these renovations.

The building was controlled by the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation.

Who are they?

Well according to their website they are the 4,500 people who actually live in these council properties. Their board is made up of eight elected tenant and leaseholder members, four appointed Councillor members and three independent appointed other members. They are a non profit organisation and the board do not get paid for their work. Nor are they allowed to have any financial interest in any company that does work for them.

This is not some company setting out to profit from the council tenants. This IS the council tenants, or at least their representatives.

These are the people who decided to take over the running of their own homes so they could apply for grants to bring the properties up to the Decent Homes Standard.

Someone has made a big mistake here. No one denies that. But to try and claim this is anything to do with inequality or a lack of care is simply wrong and is very, very dumb.
    So why do the BBC and Sky not report that. It is their duty to be balanced and not conduct a witch hunt as has been evidenced over the last few days
    I have no idea. All the information is freely available on the KCTMO website. I guess the media find facts get in the way of a good story.
    To some extent I understand it as BBC, Channel 4 and Sky news coverage is left biased and except for Andrew Neil, pro Labour.

What I don't understand is how they haven't picked up on the media control elements in Corbyn's manifesto where he want totalitarian style control to be introduced.

If he ever gets in power, we are all in serious deep shit.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    Ave_it said:

Utter bollocks Mike as per usual from you, just because the party you support lost again!

Ave It!!!!!!

I thought you'd left until 2022? ;)
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    Mortimer said:

There is the stench of desperation on this thread.

Indeed. Those who lost the election are trying to politicise a terrible tragedy. For shame.
    The lefties have accepted Corbyns defeat easier than the referendum result. Get irate and carry on

https://twitter.com/guidofawkes/status/875767442752106500
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Lol agree there is a stench all about this. Labour's conduct over this has been absolutely diabolical they are scum! Good job theresa is acting in a statesman like way labour are c*nts
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Ave_it said:

Lol agree there is a stench all about this. Labour's conduct over this has been absolutely diabolical they are scum! Good job theresa is acting in a statesman like way labour are c*nts

good luck in the Brexit negotiations next week
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Ave_it said:

That just demonstrates why society is so divided you belong on order order not here
  • Options
    Gin probably I'll
    GIN1138 said:

Ave_it said:

Ave It!!!!!!

I thought you'd left until 2022? ;)
    Probably will be now ☺
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

There is the stench of desperation on this thread.

Can I have my 3 quid back now :) ?
  • Options
    Nichomar I have been here since 2005 so fack off ☺
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946
    nichomar said:

Ave_it said:

That just demonstrates why society is so divided you belong on order order not here
    Ave_it has been around long before you appeared - and will be here long after you've flounced off, I suspect.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    edited June 2017
    saddo said:

Channel 4 and Sky news coverage is left biased and except for Andrew Neil, pro Labour.

The BBC at least try. Not easy for them when most of the news team are Guardian types, but they make an effort, and that deserves credit.

Channel 4 have been pretty blatant recently though.
  • Options
    It was a shock but I'm coming to terms with the incoming Corbyn government. I'm not particularly rich or poor so no need to worry :)
  • Options
    Mortimer = poster of the year ☺
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

It was a shock but I'm coming to terms with the incoming Corbyn government. I'm not particularly rich or poor so no need to worry :)

A Corbyn government would be the most leftwing in our history, we would all have reason to worry. Though I think a Sanders presidency may come first
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

A Corbyn government would be the most leftwing in our history, we would all have reason to worry. Though I think a Sanders presidency may come first
    Sanders is just a regular social democrat in European terms though
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

nichomar said:

Ave_it said:

Ave_it has been around long before you appeared - and will be here long after you've flounced off, I suspect.
    Sorry was here from 2008 if not before, had to change email address so unless i die first i might just outlive him, its not only the language but the complete ignorance in that specific post that adds nothing to a civalised debare
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    I reckon PB will be shut down if Corbyn comes to power.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Nichomar I have been here since 2005 so fack off ☺

Keep going you just reinforce my views
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    tlg86 said:

there will be no need for elections after the revolution - so what need a political betting forum?
  • Options
    Nichomar you add nothing at all so fack off! And I am being polite! I have Ave it since 05 were you twat head previously? ☺
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited June 2017
    Pulpstar said:

First they came for the bankers and I did not speak out because I wasn't a banker.....
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    tlg86 said:

Will the last PBer not in Monaco, Geneva, Singapore, Abu Dhabi or the Bahamas once Corbyn and McDonnell have taken office please turn out the lights!
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders would be too right wing for the Labour Party. Obama and Clinton would fit the Tories.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders is certainly left of Macron, if he became President he would be the most leftwing President the US has ever had, just as Corbyn would be the most leftwing PM we have ever had
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Nichomar you add nothing at all so fack off! And I am being polite! I have Ave it since 05 were you twat head previously? ☺

Goodnight i hope you sleep well
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946
    Ave_it said:

Mortimer = poster of the year ☺

Hehe. Definitely a minority view. Not sure I'd vote for myself, presently, to be honest...
  • Options
    Nichomar goodnight hope you don't post on here again ✋
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Me thinks Ave_it has been at the cooking sherry ..... again .... :smiley:
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders is certainly left of Macron, if he became President he would be the most leftwing President the US has ever had, just as Corbyn would be the most leftwing PM we have ever had
    On many issues Clinton is to the right of May.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,134
    HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

Will the last PBer not in Monaco, Geneva, Singapore or the Bahamas once Corbyn and McDonnell have taken office please turn out the lights!
    Interesting contemporary version of "My country! How I leave my country!"
  • Options
    Jack W ✋
  • Options
    glw said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders would be too right wing for the Labour Party. Obama and Clinton would fit the Tories.
    No, Sanders is well to the left of the likes of Kendall and Cooper, let alone Blair (indeed Bernie Sanders' own brother is a Green councillor in Oxford and Sanders endorsed Corbyn in the election). Obama would never be a Tory, LD at best, Clinton is New Labour, at most she would be a Cameroon, she was certainly anti Brexit
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,313
    edited June 2017
    Ave_it said:

Nichomar goodnight hope you don't post on here again ✋

What the fuck's up with you? You are not enhancing your supposedly legendary PB status.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

glw said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

No, Sanders is well to the left of the likes of Kendall and Cooper, let alone Blair (indeed Bernie Sanders' own brother is a Green councillor in Oxford and Sanders endorsed Corbyn in the election). Obama would never be a Tory, LD at best, Clinton is New Labour, at most she would be a Cameroon, she was certainly anti Brexit
    What's difficult to decide is whether Trump would be UKIP or Official Monster Raving Loony.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    The DUP have confirmed they'll vote for the QS.
  • Options
    nunu said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Clinton is left of May on immigration certainly and Brexit and civil liberties
  • Options
    PhilPhil Posts: 1,942

Phil said:

If the KCTMO is so wonderfully representative of their tenants, then why did the Grenfall Action Group even exist?

Local politics? Who knows. Bottom line is that the people who made the decisions were tenants themselves who were not getting paid for what they did and were trying to make life better for the people living in those flats.

So where is your class war now?
    Search me! It was an honest question though: clearly the management ctte were not *that* representative of their tenants needs, whatever the website might say.

NB I did look up that Ken Clarke quote, but unfortunately Christopher Storey just drops it in without giving a reference, so it’s completely unsourced. (Man, reading back issues of International Currency Review was a trip back to the 90s. John Major on one cover, Helmut Kohl the next...)
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Jack W ✋

Cross my palm with silver sonny ....
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

The DUP have confirmed they'll vote for the QS.

Go Tezza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
  • Options
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

Will the last PBer not in Monaco, Geneva, Singapore or the Bahamas once Corbyn and McDonnell have taken office please turn out the lights!
    Interesting contemporary version of "My country! How I leave my country!"
    Pitt did not have to worry about universal suffrage!
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    The Ave it tonight was the ave it when I first came to PB,you have been missed my friend ;-)
  • Options
    Is my red hand of ulster emoji working?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Its been mentioned on here before that there is a rather unpleasant underbelly to the Corbyn/McDonnell leadership.

I don't think the public will be fooled long term, clearly not enough of them were on election day as it is. If there is a parallel but connected Labour leadership led or condoned campaign between the street protest operation and the parliamentary electoral process, people will catch on.

I did say that the pre-vote story about Corbyn's file with the Intelligence services wasn't a Conservative inspired leak, which should tell you all you need to know.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

glw said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

What's difficult to decide is whether Trump would be UKIP or Official Monster Raving Loony.
    Trump would be UKIP, if the next US election is Sanders v Trump it would basically be the equivalent of Corbyn v Farage. You can imagine McCain or Romney or Bush Snr in the Tories but not Trump
  • Options
    DUP facking yes!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    agingjbagingjb Posts: 76
    Two thoughts: riots would enable Theresa May, while she remained PM, to trigger the Civil Contigencies Acts, and run the country as she wished.

And, given the possibility of Corbyn becoming PM and himself triggering that Act, would the Armed Forces and Police make it clear that he would be rapidly stopped if he tried it.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    agingjb said:

Two thoughts: riots would enable Theresa May, while she remained PM, to trigger the Civil Contigencies Acts, and run the country as she wished.

And, given the possibility of Corbyn becoming PM and himself triggering that Act, would the Armed Forces and Police make it clear that he would be rapidly stopped if he tried it.

OK.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

nunu said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

It is easy for a US politician to take a position on Brexit as it is not about their own country and economy. Much harder to say how they would react if they were an equivalent UK politician.

Given the penal policies imposed during the Clinton presidency, they were not always terribly liberal - so I wouldn't be certain of her civil liberties credentials. There is a lot in the family record that doesn't mark them down as always being liberal on such matters.
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274

An interesting weekend of choices ahead for Tory MPs:

1. Leave May in place. Arlene Foster and various Tories find they have better places to be than back May. Labour force a confidence motion on Wednesday, the government falls
    2. Remove May. No time for a leadership election, so a quick coronation of yet another unelected PM. Enough factional fall-out from her fall to make people abstain, no deal for Arlene to back, the government falls

OR

3. Remove May. A coronation. Everyone pulls together to get the QS through. Government finds itself without a programme of government it can get through parliament or a version of Brexit that anyone supports. Government survives for now, but Brexit negotiations are swift and brutal - no deal
    4. Leave May in place. Scrapes through the QS, and she goes off to Brussels to again be given a brutally swift reality check from the EU. And we are left with a Zombie PM only there because her running from residents in Kensington is the least worst option facing Tory MPs

Its going to be a fascinating weekend. There are going to be significant acres of coverage of Tory MPs saying this can't go on. If the Tories aren't unanimously backing May, the DUP won't rescue her. I think the QS is going ahead because the deal is dead.

1. No Tory will vote against the QS.

2. The DUP (&Sylvia Hermon) will never vote to put in Corbyn

3. Sinn Fein will never take their seats.

4. May will be gone by the party conference.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Everyone should consider, that if the PM falls over this, then MOB RULE wins.

There's always the possibility they'll make a better job of it
  • Options
    UK crazy time. Long time mate of mine who sold his agency for mega millions has been filling my personal Facebook feed with Corbynite bile. De friend time for him. Must be worth £5mat least, yet labour muppet.
  • Options
    agingjb said:

I might have to watch A Very British Coup again...
  • Options
    saddo said:

UK crazy time. Long time mate of mine who sold his agency for mega millions has been filling my personal Facebook feed with Corbynite bile. De friend time for him. Must be worth £5mat least, yet labour muppet.

I am sure his money is safely tucked away where Corbyn can't get at it.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,250
    DUP confirm they'll vote for the QS. So they're either stacking themselves to the zombie in exchange for enough cash to sink the peace process, or they've been given assurances she's gone.

Either way, you've got to love politics...

• Options
    Ave_it said:

DUP facking yes!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a genuine pleasure to see you on here again
  • Options

saddo said:

I am sure his money is safely tucked away where Corbyn can't get at it.
    I know. He's pretty smart so no Gary Lineker Ingenious schemes for him
  • Options
    Come on Arlene! Goodnight all x
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Is my red hand of ulster emoji working?

It's working as brilliantly as the government presently .... :smiley:
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

DUP confirm they'll vote for the QS. So they're either stacking themselves to the zombie in exchange for enough cash to sink the peace process, or they've been given assurances she's gone.

A non-choice. Everyone knew they would never vote down May's QS - it's all a bit personal for Foster, given Corbyn's chums tried to blow her up when she was a child.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

nunu said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

It is easy for a US politician to take a position on Brexit as it is not about their own country and economy. Much harder to say how they would react if they were an equivalent UK politician.

Given the penal policies imposed during the Clinton presidency, they were not always terribly liberal - so I wouldn't be certain of her civil liberties credentials. There is a lot in the family record that doesn't mark them down as always being liberal on such matters.
    Even left wing Americans advocate penal policies that I, a very right winger, think are appalling.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

nunu said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Hillary even defended a child rapist, she has always believed in civil liberties for everyone
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    SeanT said:

Matthew Parris is right here (and I find his recent journalism loathsome)

She has to go. This is too cruel, now.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b5d21a3c-52a9-11e7-8136-9a70942ceadd

She will go well before the next election, of course Major took over from Thatcher 3/5 of the way through the 1987-1992 Parliament and still won in 1992 despite the downfall she suffered over the poll tax and the riots that ensued from that. Hammond in many respects is John Major 2, May seems to have jumped from Thatcher 1983 to Thatcher 1990 in the space of a few weeks
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2017

Either way, you've got to love politics...

13,959,529 people voted for either the Conservatives or the DUP 8 days ago (according to Wikipedia).
  • Options
    Andrew said:

A non-choice. Everyone knew they would never vote down May's QS - it's all a bit personal for Foster, given Corbyn's chums tried to blow her up when she was a child.
    One of the most charming comments I read on Facebook was the suggestion that killing Arlene Foster as a child would have been like killing a young Hitler.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Roger said:

Have you offered any of your mansion's to the homeless of Grenfell Roge? ;)
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    nichomar said:

Ave_it said:

Goodnight i hope you sleep well
    Tantrums and nastiness by the righties have become a bit of a feature since Mrs May's spectacular nose dive last week.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    saddo said:

The head of maomentum is seriously loaded. I am sure unlike the plebs he has secured his money.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited June 2017
    I see Corbo is still pretty good at selecting broadly supported populist lines

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/875746994379255808

Take out the Don't Knows for a headline figure at that's a revolutions worth of support.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Alistair said:

Take out the Don't Knows for a headline figure at that's a revolutions worth of support.

Note the subtle dropping of the word 'luxury' from the headline but used in the question...
  • Options
    Alistair said:

The British people have gone mad!
  • Options
    Alistair said:

I thought we all agreed that populism is bad?

And the fact that Corbyn's plan is illegal wasn't mentioned in the question - so the responses are pretty meaningless - other than as a symbol of envy
  • Options
    Alistair said:

twitter.com/YouGov/status/875746994379255808

The country is officially bonkers.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315
    I do believe that when Theresa May stands down Brexit as wanted by UKIP will be gone for good
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Yougov also had voters wanting to restore the death penalty too in their last poll on the subject, though I doubt Corbyn's populism will reach as far as that!

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/08/13/capital-punishment-50-years-favoured/
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,250

I do believe that when Theresa May stands down Brexit as wanted by UKIP will be gone for good

Apparently she isn't standing down. The DUP will save her or something
  • Options
    Alistair said:

It depends how the question is asked.

In any case, it's irrelevant. People can be rehoused without confiscating property.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    HYUFD said:

Yougov also had voters wanting to restore the death penalty too in their last poll on the subject, though I doubt Corbyn's populism will reach as far as that!

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/08/13/capital-punishment-50-years-favoured/

Maybe if it only applies to posh people and Tories?
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

Matthew Parris is right here (and I find his recent journalism loathsome)

She has to go. This is too cruel, now.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b5d21a3c-52a9-11e7-8136-9a70942ceadd

She will go well before the next election, of course Major took over from Thatcher 3/5 of the way through the 1987-1992 Parliament and still won in 1992 despite the downfall she suffered over the poll tax and the riots that ensued from that. Hammond in many respects is John Major 2, May seems to have jumped from Thatcher 1983 to Thatcher 1990 in the space of a few weeks
    History may rhyme but it does not repeat. There is surely no need to look for precise parallels.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I remember Noel Gallagher at the height of britpop saying he could record himself taking a shit and it would still sell bucket loads....It appears the country has gone just as crazy over corbyn, but unlike oasis he has the opportunity to totally ruin the country rather than assault my eardrums with beattles knock offs.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    It was okay when it was right wing populism, now it's a disaster when it's left wing populism....
  • Options

Alistair said:

I thought we all agreed that populism is bad?
    I think you all agree that populism is bad when it's done by the other side. And particularly when it really is popular.
  • Options

It was okay when it was right wing populism, now it's a disaster when it's left wing populism....

I don't think many on here thought trump and Le pen had good policies.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Blair and Hague in 'Last Leg' C4 sketch now
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,479

Brexit and Corbynism are two cheeks of the same arse,
  • Options
    Also aspects of left wing populism - nationalisation, tax the rich - have been popular for sometime. Some PBers act as if only right wing polices have been popular.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315

Apparently she isn't standing down. The DUP will save her or something
    She will in time for the next GE whenever that is. The next interesting question will be whether the SNP and the Lib Dems decide to vote for or against or abstain on the QS
  • Options

I don't think many on here thought trump and Le pen had good policies.
    Brexit?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Last Leg has been absolutely brilliant tonight.

It has honestly made me believe, that despite everything, we'll be okay as a country.

McDonnell with the pathetic us vs them mentality he is trying to stir up, will hate this.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,955

Would that make Brexit, Corbyn, Trump and Macron a four-arse-cheek-clover?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    GIN1138 said:

Roger said:

Have you offered any of your mansion's to the homeless of Grenfell Roge? ;)
    Nah Yvette Cooper will make room for em all - after all she never actually took the Syrians she promised did she.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185

I concur, they both assume that there are easy short cuts to the land of milk and honey.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,479
    kyf_100 said:

Would that make Brexit, Corbyn, Trump and Macron a four-arse-cheek-clover?
    Yeah.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Alistair said:

It depends how the question is asked.

In any case, it's irrelevant. People can be rehoused without confiscating property.
    You'd think by now Corbyn's opponents would be giving him a bit more credit, even if they looked on it as just low animal cunning. What he said was that empty property should be requisitioned if necessary. Put that way, in order to disagree, you'd have to be saying that even if requisitioning were necessary in order to rehouse these poor victims, you would refuse to do it. That sounds pretty hard-hearted, doesn't it?
This discussion has been closed.