Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn now Betfair favourite to be PM after TMay

124»

Comments

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,241

heads need to roll and some people should be doing jailtime over this.

Even if the building was built to building standards requirements?
    Yes, then whoever put those requirements in place has a part to play in this. The requirements were inadequate.
    IMV it's up to the architects to specify materials, and the people doing the work to use the material specified in the manner shown on the plans. The architect should have designed and specified everything to code. Any changes should be passed by the architect.

However it doesn't always work that way: architects can mis-specify things (e.g. by misinterpreting regulations), or the people doing the work can substitute other materials, either to cut corners or to react to problems found as work progresses. Or the supplier supplies shoddy materials that do not match the specification, and this is not detected.

Many accidents have happened because of all of these. But it's perfectly possible for none of these to happen and there still to be a disaster, as the building codes everyone is working to are not fit for purpose.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,596
    SeanT said:

My Corbynista girlfriend thinks the Grenfell fire was the explicit fault of the Tory government and evil capitalist landlords.

By contrast, she has suspicions about the Manchester attack, and wonders if it might have been a false flag, or some kind of hoax.

She probably has an IQ of 140 and studies Hindi and Anthropology at SOAS.

Were we this mad at 21? Have the younger generation replaced drugs and booze with conspiracy theories and mass psychosis? I am genuinely bewildered.

As a student in the 1980s we blamed everything on the Tory government.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,543
    SeanT said:
    Oh he's not missing is he? And clearly the professionals on the team who were ignored by these over promoted prats are looking to protect their own reputations as well.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    SeanT said:

My Corbynista girlfriend thinks the Grenfell fire was the explicit fault of the Tory government and evil capitalist landlords.

By contrast, she has suspicions about the Manchester attack, and wonders if it might have been a false flag, or some kind of hoax.

Were we this mad at 21? Have the younger generation replaced drugs and booze with conspiracy theories and mass psychosis? I am genuinely bewildered.

Time to get rid sean ;-)
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

SeanT said:

As a student in the 1980s we blamed everything on the Tory government.
    I still do.
This discussion has been closed.