Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If stepping up the rhetoric on welfare was supposed to boos

13»

Comments

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    @Alanbrooke

"Ooh that'll be a real frightener Ed makes a speech. What was the last one about ? Who can remember ? It's all puff and waffle."

I've listened to EdM's last 6 or so speeches - they are vacuums. Written. Like This. To Make Them. Sound Significant.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758
    Plato said:

@Alanbrooke

"Ooh that'll be a real frightener Ed makes a speech. What was the last one about ? Who can remember ? It's all puff and waffle."

I've listened to EdM's last 6 or so speeches - they are vacuums. Written. Like This. To Make Them. Sound Significant.

Ed will go back on the front foot and remind people that he hasn't left the Students Union debate yet. Labour do better when they keep him away from the voters.
  • Options
    redcliffe62redcliffe62 Posts: 342
    edited April 2013

It would appear Better Together are (secretly?) being funded by money from Vitoil, who have an interesting history when it comes to oil sanctions and Iran.
    The chap in question running the show has no association with Scotland.

Well, it's not exactly a secret, since the CEO of Vitol has an article in today's Sunday Herald explaining why he is making the donation. He also describes his association with Scotland which you say doesn't exist.

I am in favour of Scottish independence, but lazy, easily-disprovable posts like yours do not help the cause.
    What is his association? I will not link to the Herald and register for more articles, and give them ad revenue sorry. I got yhe information from another website. And had the information not been leaked would he have admitted it?
    What you do not touch on is the history of Vitol and their interesting history with oil sanctions, using Swiss law as an excuse to do dodgy dealings with Iran.

• Options
    mosesmoses Posts: 45
    Mick_Pork said:

tim said:

But the Tories have made the mistake of having the poster boy of entitlement front their campaign

You mean having a toxic incompetent liability like Osbrowne front this was a mistake?

Hard to believe. ;^)
    MPs' expenses: George Osborne 'must be made to pay' say Lib Dems

George Osborne, the shadow chancellor, is facing demands to “pay back” £55,000 in capital gains tax, which critics say he is morally obliged to pay after “flipping” his designated second property.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5526823/MPs-expenses-George-Osborne-must-be-made-to-pay-say-Lib-Dems.html

I presume this applies also to Darling or are the rules only applied to the right. Then we come to Browns cleaners and Balls main homes?

Why don't you just get a room with wee Timmy and save the waste of pixels day in and out.
    FFS grow up and have an opinion yourself rather than blowing smoke up wee Timmy's ass day in and out.

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,770
    @tim - curiously enough you missed Forsyth's headline:

JAMES FORSYTH: Labour go to war on welfare - but they'll never win

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2305186/JAMES-FORSYTH-Labour-war-welfare--theyll-win.html#
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited April 2013
    moses said:

I presume this applies also to Darling

You presume correctly as Darling will find out soon enough.
    moses said:

Then we come to Browns cleaners and Balls main homes?

And cleaning Cammie's wisteria from the chimney etc. Yes indeed.
    moses said:

Why don't you just get a room with wee Timmy and save the waste of pixels day in and out.
    FFS grow up and have an opinion yourself rather than blowing smoke up wee Timmy's ass day in and out.

Grow a pair and stop whining lest you look even more pitiful and desperate.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,027

malcolmg said:

It would appear Better Together are (secretly?) being funded by money from Vitoil, who have an interesting history when it comes to oil sanctions and Iran.
    Why is this guy allowed to throw money at keeping the Tores in charge of Scotland after 2014 when Cameron said he would not debate Salmond as it is a debate solely for Scotland.
    Hypocrisy from Cameron? Perhaps a PB Tory can respond.
    Feel free to read up about Vitoil first, it makes shocking reading.

Redcliffe, you can expect all sorts of ne'er do well's to be funding the unionist cause and their will be little complaint from the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems. Bet most of their funding will be from outside Scotland as well.
    If the Nats are running short of cash, they could always ask the Pentagon for an advance ;-)
    Alan, as you know well , the SNP have millions in the bank. If you look at the YES campaign they are limiting donations from people outside Scotland to under £500 which is the right thing to do, but as we would expect the unionists will take money from anybody anywhere, no principles as we see on a daily basis other than keeping power and lining their own pockets.
  • Options
    "Why don't you just get a room with wee Timmy and save the waste of pixels day in and out.
    FFS grow up and have an opinion yourself rather than blowing smoke up wee Timmy's ass day in and out."

Lol- bring back the like button!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB

Could welfare be like Dave's January EU referendum pledge that was the magic bullet that'd change the CON fortunes? pic.twitter.com/xLJEa94L

We all remember how 'excitable' that made the PB tories.

*chortle*
  • Options
    scampi said:

Lol- bring back the like button!

LOL Unspoofable.

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Horror stories? The old ones are the best...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmBkK7N3Hhc
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    After this comedy classic it appears Maria Hutchings has found her voice and strangely enough it's the kippers getting the brunt of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVnWLRVJkwM
    Maria Hutchings ‏@MariaHutchings 1h

@AmpersUK @rockybelt @darrenrutland Legislation has to be passed thru parliament but not enough votes. #insania

@MariaHutchings @AmpersUK @DarrenRutland Let them introduce it. We'll vote out the traitor MP's who vote against it.

@rockybelt @ampersuk @darrenrutland So that you can get more lib-lab pro EU MPs in?

@MariaHutchings @AmpersUK @DarrenRutland Tell me one place where the tories and lib-lab differ.

Maria Hutchings Maria Hutchings ‏@MariaHutchings 1h

@rockybelt @ampersuk @darrenrutland EU referendum, sound economic policies to start with. You like lab/libs offer everything but how to pay!

Alex Williams Alex Williams ‏@HollowPoint

@MariaHutchings @rockybelt @AmpersUK @DarrenRutland EU referendum? The one in 1975? I don't see an EU referendum, I see yet another promise.
    A taste of things to come as the Eurosceptics and tory backbenchers belatedly realise they have been sold yet another cast iron pup from Cammie.

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,770
    Alex Salmond speech from Princeton:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Speeches/PrincetonUniversity2013

Good on Adam Smith et al, tho he does duck the question of why on devolved matters like health and education are still leading to unequal outcomes (nowt tae dae wi me!) and simply has a pop at the 'bedroom tax'....
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited April 2013
    @Plato
    Zombies leave me cold. Hehe! The only genuine scary movie that I have ever seen was a mid 1940's film called Dragonwyck, a dark and forbidding place with eerie and spooky mood music. Mind you I was 12 at the time. :-)
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,027

Alex Salmond speech from Princeton:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Speeches/PrincetonUniversity2013

Good on Adam Smith et al, tho he does duck the question of why on devolved matters like health and education are still leading to unequal outcomes (nowt tae dae wi me!) and simply has a pop at the 'bedroom tax'....

Excellent speech and whilst I doubt he would be perfect as a leader of the government on Independence, it is very hard to believe that he could do worse than the current lot, a malevolent troika devoid of principles with only their own interests and pockets at heart. A small political elite feasting at the trough, soon they will not even want us to have cake. Something drastic is needed in the UK and Scotland will not see any improvement till it is running its own affairs , away from the dead hand of Westminster.
  • Options
    Edin_RokzEdin_Rokz Posts: 516
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Why is this guy allowed to throw money at keeping the Tores in charge of Scotland after 2014 when Cameron said he would not debate Salmond as it is a debate solely for Scotland.
    Hypocrisy from Cameron? Perhaps a PB Tory can respond.
    Feel free to read up about Vitoil first, it makes shocking reading.

Redcliffe, you can expect all sorts of ne'er do well's to be funding the unionist cause and their will be little complaint from the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems. Bet most of their funding will be from outside Scotland as well.
    If the Nats are running short of cash, they could always ask the Pentagon for an advance ;-)
    Alan, as you know well , the SNP have millions in the bank. If you look at the YES campaign they are limiting donations from people outside Scotland to under £500 which is the right thing to do, but as we would expect the unionists will take money from anybody anywhere, no principles as we see on a daily basis other than keeping power and lining their own pockets.
    What is amusing is where the SNP millions came from! 1 mil came from Euro million lottery winners and the other million came from investments outside of Scotland via the will of Edwin Morgan.

Since then, the value of funds incoming into the SNP has dropped to virtually Nil in comparison!

And the SNP want donations into the different campaigns from outside Scotland to be less than £500

Er! Yes! Kettles and Pots come to mind, except that the kettle has a steaming spout.

This discussion has been closed.