Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Four weeks to go and two local by-elections – LAB & CON defenc

SystemSystem Posts: 11,686
edited May 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Four weeks to go and two local by-elections – LAB & CON defences in seats where UKIP did well

Fairstead on King’s Lynn and West Norfolk (Lab defence, death of sitting member) Result of council at last election (2015): Conservatives 50, Labour 10, Independents 2 (Conservative majority of 38) Result of ward at last election (2015): Emboldened denotes elected Labour 753, 727 (39%) United Kingdom Independence Party 599 (31%) Conservatives 593, 469 (31%) EU Referendum Result: REMAIN 28,587 (34%) LEAVE 56,493 (66%) on a turnout of 75% Candidates duly nominated: Rob Colwell (Liberal Democrat), Gary Howman (Labour), Ronald Mortimer (Conservative) and Michael Stone (UKIP) Weather at the close of polls: Clear, 12°C Estimate: Too close to call (Lab 35%, Con 31%, Lib Dem 17%, UKIP 17%)

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477
    Booyah!

First!
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    Con Maj now available at 1.07.

Only £100 but the large amount looking to back at 1.07 earlier has now all gone.

Good poll coming for Lab?
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited May 2017

PoliticsHome✔@politicshome
    EXCL Unite agrees to give up to £4.5m to Labour's election fighting fund http://bit.ly/2r4NhyF

Was that ever in doubt, after all McCluskey got his side kick a nice little safe seat.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    FPT:
    kle4 said:

The problem for the progressive alliance is the following:
    - All of these progressive parties, with the exception of the SNP have awful leadership
    - These parties have no idea what their purpose is in a post-2008, post-coalition world with the exception of the SNP and to a degree the LDs (pro EU/anti-Brexit party)

The progressive alliance was thing and actually worked pre-2010, when at least one of the parties (generally both) had electable leaders, especially in the mid 90s - mid 2000s.

How would you define the progressive alliance as an idea, if I might ask? As I am still struggling with it, you see, given the inclusion of quite extreme parties to potentially defeat moderates, just moderates on the centre-right. Is the idea mostly about social progessiveness, anti-austerity?
    Anti-austerity is very much of a 'now' issue (and tbf will be an issue for the forseeable future), whereas the idea of a progressive alliance goes back some way before 2008 crash - there was a period prior to the coalition and especially during the Charles Kennedy years, during which Labour supporters saw the LDs as their allies.

I'd say the progressive alliance is in the main centres around a common belief in social democracy/liberalism etc. It should avoid including the extreme parties - the most left wing they should go is the Greens really. Social democracy/liberalism is generally the common thread between all of these centre-left parties - Labour, SNP, LDs, Greens etc.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477

PoliticsHome✔@politicshome
    EXCL Unite agrees to give up to £4.5m to Labour's election fighting fund http://bit.ly/2r4NhyF

Was that ever in doubt, after all McCluskey got his side kick a nice little safe seat.
    It was in doubt over last weekend.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    edited May 2017
    Good news for Blundell in Lewes
    Greens not standing

Bad news for Blundell in Lewes
    UKIP not standing either.
  • Options
    TV news ratings are very weak at the moment - of course they fall as we move into summer but even so they may well suggest little interest in the campaign.

eg Last night:

18:00: BBC News at Six - 3.93m (31.5%)
    22:00: BBC News at Ten - 3.31m (21.0%)
    18:30: ITV Evening News - 2.55m (18.4%)
    22:00: ITV News at Ten - 1.95m (12.4%)

Usually BBC 6pm is well over 5m and BBC 10pm is well over 4m.

If the public is ignoring the campaign it makes it less likely that people will change their voting intention.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

TV news ratings are very weak at the moment - of course they fall as we move into summer but even so they may well suggest little interest in the campaign.

eg Last night:

If the public is ignoring the campaign it makes it less likely that people will change their voting intention.

Shit I am on 63+% turnout lol
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

4 weeks to go yet. Suspect people will tune in more closer to the day, give it a week.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

Low Turnout means serious SCon gains
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    nunu said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

4 weeks to go yet. Suspect people will tune in more closer to the day, give it a week.
    Or out if it's a foregone conclusion.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    nunu said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

Probably why the Tories are keeping a low profile at the moment. Wait until the last 10 days and then throw the kitchen sink at Corbyn and McDonnell.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

I've got the Tory ramper turnout cheatsheet handy:

Low turnout = Labour voters have stayed at home.
    High turnout = Brexiteers have come out for the big one for Theresa May.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,782
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

Could be true.
  • Options
    Thank you. My dad will be pleased, he won't have to vote Tory in Woking.
  • Options
    DisraeliDisraeli Posts: 1,106
    Someone mentioned Bob Crow on the previous thread as being a suitable negotiator with the EU.
    Well as a strong opponent of the EU he would certainly have put his heart into it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LTMO0-YGI4
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Kipper standing in Leicester West. Good for Liz Kendall.
  • Options
    RestharrowRestharrow Posts: 233
    Why don't they just put it on Betfair so we can all have a share? The many, not the few etc etc
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

Scottish locals turnout up 7.3% compared to 2012.
    Scotland bucking the trend since 2014
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Have discovered from fascinating SOPN data that Ukip have graciously decided to help my local Conservative candidate by standing down in his favour, allowing him to survive the onslaught of the (fatally divided) forces of the Progressive Alliance™!

Hanging on by the skin of his teeth, with a pathetic majority of just 19,080 votes, I am sure that Sir Oliver will be relieved to have gained this welcome measure of assistance.
  • Options
    RestharrowRestharrow Posts: 233

FPT:

kle4 said:

The problem for the progressive alliance is the following:
    - All of these progressive parties, with the exception of the SNP have awful leadership
    - These parties have no idea what their purpose is in a post-2008, post-coalition world with the exception of the SNP and to a degree the LDs (pro EU/anti-Brexit party)

The progressive alliance was thing and actually worked pre-2010, when at least one of the parties (generally both) had electable leaders, especially in the mid 90s - mid 2000s.

How would you define the progressive alliance as an idea, if I might ask? As I am still struggling with it, you see, given the inclusion of quite extreme parties to potentially defeat moderates, just moderates on the centre-right. Is the idea mostly about social progessiveness, anti-austerity?
    Anti-austerity is very much of a 'now' issue (and tbf will be an issue for the forseeable future), whereas the idea of a progressive alliance goes back some way before 2008 crash - there was a period prior to the coalition and especially during the Charles Kennedy years, during which Labour supporters saw the LDs as their allies.

I'd say the progressive alliance is in the main centres around a common belief in social democracy/liberalism etc. It should avoid including the extreme parties - the most left wing they should go is the Greens really. Social democracy/liberalism is generally the common thread between all of these centre-left parties - Labour, SNP, LDs, Greens etc.
    "How would you define the progressive alliance?" A group of people determined to make history happen even faster than commonly anticipated.
  • Options

And no Green. Also good for Liz.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

Average turnout could be the killer for Labour then!
  • Options
    Disraeli said:

Mel Gould is standing for Greens, and there is an independent too.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, in Westmorland & Lonsdale, the full list of contenders is confirmed as Airey (Con,) Aldridge (Lab,) Farron (Lib Dem,) and Fishfinger (Ind.)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

Klaxon on standby.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    That's £50 spent for each voter.

Analysis provided by D. Abbot.
  • Options

Disraeli said:

Ah Thanks! I checked this website and missed the green because of the font colour and the fact that there was no picture available. http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/general-election-2017-who-are-the-candidates-in-leicester-west/story-30326578-detail/story.html

That will teach me to speed read!
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Disraeli said:

Someone mentioned Bob Crow on the previous thread as being a suitable negotiator with the EU.
    Well as a strong opponent of the EU he would certainly have put his heart into it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LTMO0-YGI4

As a Millwall supporter, he really didn't care who didn't like him.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
  • Options

Disraeli said:

According to the helpfully provided SOPN link, that Green lives at an address on Letchworth Road. I'm originally from there! Letchworth, that is, not Letchworth Road. Or Leicester. Would've thought Letchworth was far too little to merit having a road named after it in somewhere as far away as Leicester. You learn a new thing every day.
  • Options
    woody662woody662 Posts: 255
    I voted in one of those by-elections today. If the Conservatives win Woodville by one, I did it.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Have discovered from fascinating SOPN data that Ukip have graciously decided to help my local Conservative candidate by standing down in his favour, allowing him to survive the onslaught of the (fatally divided) forces of the Progressive Alliance™!

Hanging on by the skin of his teeth, with a pathetic majority of just 19,080 votes, I am sure that Sir Oliver will be relieved to have gained this welcome measure of assistance.
    Heald??
  • Options
    O/T Man U are SO boring to watch, I've swapped to the Lyon game.
  • Options
    GarethoftheVale2GarethoftheVale2 Posts: 1,997
    12 candidates facing off against Tezzy, although only 4/13 actually live in the constituency.
  • Options
    and Lyon score to make it 3-1 with 10 mins left... good move Mr. Scrap.
  • Options
    Fat_SteveFat_Steve Posts: 361
    MikeL said:

Con Maj now available at 1.07.

Only £100 but the large amount looking to back at 1.07 earlier has now all gone.

Good poll coming for Lab?

Hah. I wonder
    I predict that at some point during the campaign, there'll be a poll - even 2 polls in succession - that appears temporarily to turn the picture upside down. And there will be joy on the left and gloom on the right. Then normality will reassert itself.
  • Options

Game on in Lyon.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Disraeli said:

According to the helpfully provided SOPN link, that Green lives at an address on Letchworth Road. I'm originally from there! Letchworth, that is, not Letchworth Road. Or Leicester. Would've thought Letchworth was far too little to merit having a road named after it in somewhere as far away as Leicester. You learn a new thing every day.
    The nearest road to where I was born was called Lebanon Road, and that was in Wandsworth SW18. Road naming conventions are not always the same.
  • Options
    OUT said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

But like Holyrood, which had turnout up 5% on 2011, that turnout boost was mostly captured by the SCons.

In the last 2 elections SCons have been the most motivated voters and if the same happens again then SCon are poised for serious surge.

If Turnout is 64%-68% Then SCon are in for a good night. If it's over 70% then the SNP will see off SCon rises north of the Border seats I think.
  • Options
    More news of the Amazing Vanishing Greens

https://twitter.com/ElectCalculus/status/862687485356277761
  • Options
    My model has 100% UKIP to SCon switching baked in so it will interesting to see the seats.
  • Options

Meanwhile, in Westmorland & Lonsdale, the full list of contenders is confirmed as Airey (Con,) Aldridge (Lab,) Farron (Lib Dem,) and Fishfinger (Ind.)

I hope that Mr Farron wins in W & L and that Mr Fishfinger donates his outfit to him as a memento.
    Then we can have the headline:
    "Farron gets the finger in his constituency"

After this Mrs May could sack her chancellor so we can get the headline:
    "Hammond removed from the organs of the Conservative party"
  • Options
    Ajax down to 10
  • Options
    Ajax had a man sent off now too...
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Swap back, Celta have scored.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @JBeattieMirror: Very interesting @ComRes poll coming on Labour's manifesto pledges. See @DailyMirror website from 10pm #GE2017
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Scott_P said:

@JBeattieMirror: Very interesting @ComRes poll coming on Labour's manifesto pledges. See @DailyMirror website from 10pm #GE2017

We all know what it'll say - they will all be popular.

But will poll include voting intention?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

A hyped poll is a boring poll (unless it's from Scotland). :p
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    deleted due to duplication
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Alistair said:

OUT said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

eg Last night:

But like Holyrood, which had turnout up 5% on 2011, that turnout boost was mostly captured by the SCons.

In the last 2 elections SCons have been the most motivated voters and if the same happens again then SCon are poised for serious surge.

If Turnout is 64%-68% Then SCon are in for a good night. If it's over 70% then the SNP will see off SCon rises north of the Border seats I think.
    Yep 71% turnout in 15 seems to bear that out.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

My model has 100% UKIP to SCon switching baked in so it will interesting to see the seats.
    No doubt! Don't mess up my hopes for a reasonable unionist revival UKIP, goddamn you.
  • Options

Disraeli said:

The nearest road to where I was born was called Lebanon Road, and that was in Wandsworth SW18. Road naming conventions are not always the same.
    Builders often name streets eccentrically. Next to Filbert St in Leicester are Brazil St, and Walnut st, and a couple of other nuts.

I used to live in a flat on Walnut st with a view of half the pitch at the old Filbert st...
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

I guarantee you that it shows many of their pledges are quite popular. When we know many of Labour's plans can be regarded as popular already, but see the overreaction.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Swap back, Celta have scored.
    FFS and 2 sent off
  • Options

In fairness they'd have taken 7 with eagerness at the start of the campaign.
  • Options
    philiph said:

Heald??
    Correct. Previously pensioned off with a knighthood by Cameron, now no.2 at the MoJ and rumoured to be one of the front-runners to replace Liz Truss, should May be looking at using a post-election reshuffle to make a few little adjustments. Slings and arrows and all that.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,307
    edited May 2017
    Scott_P said:

I'm getting ready to re-enact PB.com at around this time in 2005:

Wibbly wobbly Tory bottoms!

Cameron. Pledge a referendum on EU membership. NOW!

Osborne has to go.

That Michael Crick really is a...
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited May 2017
    Scott_P said:

Who doesn't like sweeties....lots of them...
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Can we add in East Lothian for Labour to that lot, pretty please ?
  • Options
    RobinWiggsRobinWiggs Posts: 621

Disraeli said:

It could have been named after this chap instead:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Pryor_Letchworth

• Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

philiph said:

Heald??
    Correct. Previously pensioned off with a knighthood by Cameron, now no.2 at the MoJ and rumoured to be one of the front-runners to replace Liz Truss, should May be looking at using a post-election reshuffle to make a few little adjustments. Slings and arrows and all that.
    My MP, since he took over from Ian Stewart too many years ago. I've just moved out the the constituency this year.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Can we add in East Lothian for Labour to that lot, pretty please ?
    The more the merrier, SCON, SLD, SLAB. Though its rough knowing, apparently, lower turnout helps, as I never wish for lower turnout.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Scott_P said:

I'm getting ready to re-enact PB.com at around this time in 2005:

Wibbly wobbly Tory bottoms!

Cameron. Pledge a referendum on EU membership. NOW!

Osborne has to go.

That Michael Crick really is a...
    You sure that was 2005?
  • Options
    woody662 said:

I voted in one of those by-elections today. If the Conservatives win Woodville by one, I did it.

I don't wish to be a pedant, but actually if they win by one, the greater credit probably lies with the last person to vote Conservative. Although numerically the responsibility lies with every one of them.

(I'll get my coat).

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,871

Scott_P said:

You
  • Options

woody662 said:

I don't wish to be a pedant, but actually if they win by one, the greater credit probably lies with the last person to vote Conservative. Although numerically the responsibility lies with every one of them.

(I'll get my coat).

Also they could still win by 0 votes, if a tiebreaker is used.

(grab my coat while you are at it)
  • Options

Scott_P said:

You
    I was going to say Mrs May because of her diabetes....
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I think they'd have been very pleased with 3 prior to those local elections. 7 would've been viewed as beyond their wildest dreams.

I think that most of us can agree that there's potential for a number of Conservative gains in Scotland, but I haven't sat down and thought about their likely extent in the same way as I've spent time looking at Ukip to Con swing effects, or thinking about the Liberal Democrats. My own guesstimate at the outcome of the election as a whole, made on May 1st, has the SNP on 48 seats - which would imply a Tory result in Scotland of somewhere around... 7 seats. We shall see.
  • Options
    They could have paid me £30k and I'd have told them that.....
  • Options
    So ManU get to the Europa league final...but will Ajax take them to the cleaners! :wink:
  • Options

***** BETTING POST *****

Is THE value bet of the 2017 GE the prospect of the Tories winning Brighton Pavilion from the Greens, for which those nice folk at BetFred, Laddies & Corals are offering very tasty odds of 7/1?
    At first glance this seems most unlikely, particularly by reference to the GE result in 2015, when the Tory came home in a very poor 3rd place with 12.5k votes, that's 2.5k votes behind Labour and a socking great 10.4k votes behind the Greens.

So what's changed? Well first and foremost of course is the fact that the Tories' national share of the vote has increased sharply since 2015, from 36.8% of the UK vote then to around 45% currently, whilst the Greens' share has fallen to 3% or less of the UK share.

Baxter is currently showing the Tories as having a surprisingly high 56% chance of winning this seat, compared with the Greens with a 24% chance and Labour bringing up the rear on just 19%. Putting that another way, the Tories are considered more than twice as likely as the Greens to win this seat and three times more likely than Labour.

Nothing, absolutely nothing would give me greater delight in the early hours of 9th June than to see Caroline Lucas chucked out at Brighton Pavilion. My level of joy and delight would exceed even that of witnessing St.Vince failing in his attempt to recapture Twickenham.

The sheer received wisdom that the Greens essentially "own" this seat has dissuaded me from opposing them to any significant monetary extent and I've therefore limited myself to investing a modest tenner on the Blue Team.
    As ever, DYOR.

• Options
    Interesting from Macron's candidates I see

All [10 of 428]of the outgoing MPs chosen to run come from the Socialist Party of departing President François Hollande.

Mr Ferrand confirmed that Mr Macron's ex-cabinet colleague Manuel Valls - the former prime minister who has now burned his boats with his Socialists - had not been selected.

He said that he did "not meet the criteria" because he had already served three parliamentary terms.

But the party will not be running a candidate against him in his constituency in Essonne, south of Paris.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39881266
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,463
    Labour have never had a problem with putting out popular policies. The issue is with selling them as deliverable and affordable.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    You what...I wasn't aware the Tories had even starting running a campaign yet.

Asked which party is running the best election campaign 42% said the Tories, 20% Labour, 5% Lib Dems and 2% UKIP.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    The big question (and potential for Labour to surprise on the upside) is whether people end up treating this like a byelection.

If they think May is guaranteed to stay in office regardless, then they may feel safe voting Labour in order to "send a message" that they want some of the things they're talking about, even if they don't want them to provide the PM.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

I guarantee you that it shows many of their pledges are quite popular. When we know many of Labour's plans can be regarded as popular already, but see the overreaction.
    People like the ideas, but don't really believe they would work or could be enacted. It would take Attlee being cloned and somehow getting past Momentum to be Labour leader again to get people to believe in mass state intervention.
  • Options

The sheer received wisdom that the Greens essentially "own" this seat has dissuaded me from opposing them to any significant monetary extent and I've therefore limited myself to investing a modest tenner on the Blue Team.

I don't like how people seem to be helping out or advocating helping because its nice Caroline Lucas, with no thought about why then should you fight hard when she stands down, the Greens will make the case they have the best shot next time too. Might as well go for it big now, if she holds on that's great, if she loses its one seat among 650, and maybe the Greens get written out of the chances next time.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    its still only a 1/3 of the unions Political Fund. Most PBers will be aware unions con only give to political party's and/or spend on political companies themselves, money that has been given by members directly in to a Political Fund. there are 14 Trade Unions that have political funds. 14 unions are have politicale funds and are affiliated to the Labout Party, according to there latest reports, mostly form April 2016. the unions had the following amounts in their funds:

Unite 14,132,000
    Unison 9,964,000
    GMB 848,000
    USDAW 568,000
    CWU 1,184,895
    Community 52,000
    FBU 680,791
    UCAT -54,000
    ASLEF 5,400
    TSSA 6,155
    Musitans Union 7,931
    BFAW 6,660
    BECTU 37,611
    NUM 60,314
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    One other point, like budget reactions, opinions often shift when people start to hear the detail, some potential problems (in Labour's sweetie shop manifesto, it is more what isn't a problem) and have a bit of a think.
  • Options

***** BETTING POST *****

Is THE value bet of the 2017 GE the prospect of the Tories winning Brighton Pavilion from the Greens, for which those nice folk at BetFred, Laddies & Corals are offering very tasty odds of 7/1?
    At first glance this seems most unlikely, particularly by reference to the GE result in 2015, when the Tory came home in a very poor 3rd place with 12.5k votes, that's 2.5k votes behind Labour and a socking great 10.4k votes behind the Greens.

So what's changed? Well first and foremost of course is the fact that the Tories' national share of the vote has increased sharply since 2015, from 36.8% of the UK vote then to around 45% currently, whilst the Greens' share has fallen to 3% or less of the UK share.

Baxter is currently showing the Tories as having a surprisingly high 56% chance of winning this seat, compared with the Greens with a 24% chance and Labour bringing up the rear on just 19%. Putting that another way, the Tories are considered more than twice as likely as the Greens to win this seat and three times more likely than Labour.

Nothing, absolutely nothing would give me greater delight in the early hours of 9th June than to see Caroline Lucas chucked out at Brighton Pavilion. My level of joy and delight would exceed even that of witnessing St.Vince failing in his attempt to recapture Twickenham.

As ever, DYOR.

It is Remania central though, hence the odds presumably.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    HaroldO said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

People like the ideas, but don't really believe they would work or could be enacted. It would take Attlee being cloned and somehow getting past Momentum to be Labour leader again to get people to believe in mass state intervention.
    Well I don't know if it would take quite as much as that, but the general point that people will probably say they like it but may not trust Corbyn to do it is, I have no doubt, sound.

Edit - Knew it.

I sense a New Thread incoming.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Mirror Poll.

"Asked which party is running the best election campaign 42% said the Tories, 20% Labour, 5% Lib Dems and 2% UKIP."

Wow! The Tories are hardly even running a campaign.

EDIT: Snap!
  • Options
    Disraeli said:

Mirror Poll.

"Asked which party is running the best election campaign 42% said the Tories, 20% Labour, 5% Lib Dems and 2% UKIP."

Oi stop nicking my gags....Some bloody economic quoted in the Mail has nicked my Magic Money Forest.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Disraeli said:

Mirror Poll.

The virtue of standing still whilst everyone else goes backwards​ I guess.
  • Options
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Disraeli said:

Mirror Poll.

Yeah I have not been impressed at all by the tory campaign so far.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Disraeli said:

Mirror Poll.

EDIT: Snap!

The Guardian were accusing Corbyn of virtue signalling earlier. The Guardian.
  • Options

You what...I wasn't aware the Tories had even starting running a campaign yet.

Asked which party is running the best election campaign 42% said the Tories, 20% Labour, 5% Lib Dems and 2% UKIP.

I presume a lot of people treat the question as 'who do you like?' more than anything else.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315
    edited May 2017
    The Mirror poll tonight confirms that Corbyn is the problem and always was.

His prevarification and incoherrance over immigration, Brexit and defence will show up on polling day, especially in the North

• Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    MaxPB said:

Disraeli said:

Mirror Poll.

The virtue of standing still whilst everyone else goes backwards​ I guess.
    Yeah considering how low key the Tory campaign is to come top with a large lead more or less implies that the Labour campaign is a net negative for the Labour Party.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Mike Smithson‏ @MSmithsonPB

By 78% to 12% ComRes/Mirror poll finds voters support keeping ban on fox-hunting. TMay wants to lift the ban.
This discussion has been closed.