Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ipsos MORI has LAB, the traditional party of the working class

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,036

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

I'm agog at all these pbers who are apparently comfortable with incest being legalised.

As long as it's between consenting adults, is it necessarily worse than (for instance) extreme sadomasochism?
    For any offspring it produces absolutely!
    What about if there is no possibility of any offspring though ?
    How frequently is that the case?

Birth control fails and even the infertile can have "miracle babies". Virtually only non-heterosexual [or equivalent] incest would pass that test.
    I think M-F incest simply has to be illegal because as you say birth control can indeed fail.

But should that mean M-M or F-F incest ought to be illegal too ?
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    MTimT said:

I'm agog at all these pbers who are apparently comfortable with incest being legalised.

I presume you are referring to the sex between consenting adults. Did not even think of incest in that context. But how often would incest actually meet both the consenting and adult qualifications in the question?
    There is one live case going though the courts in New Mexico at the moment. and some more historic one in New Zeeland. (half brothers/sisters who married without knowing they where Brother/sister become they had been adopted at birth and maries in the 1970/80s that now the records have been crosschecked have technically had there mirages invalidated nobody is trying to arrest them, but have your marage invalidated is still a bit off in my books.

While I share the yuck feeling with most on hear, my feeling are not sufficient reason to make adult Lovers in to criminals, or split up a family.
  • Options
    BigRich said:

MTimT said:

I presume you are referring to the sex between consenting adults. Did not even think of incest in that context. But how often would incest actually meet both the consenting and adult qualifications in the question?
    There is one live case going though the courts in New Mexico at the moment. and some more historic one in New Zeeland. (half brothers/sisters who married without knowing they where Brother/sister become they had been adopted at birth and maries in the 1970/80s that now the records have been crosschecked have technically had there mirages invalidated nobody is trying to arrest them, but have your marage invalidated is still a bit off in my books.

While I share the yuck feeling with most on hear, my feeling are not sufficient reason to make adult Lovers in to criminals, or split up a family.
    Agreed. "It's icky" is not a sound basis for law, IMHO.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Wikileaks
    RELEASE: CIA espionage orders for the last French presidential election
    https://t.co/ARd8alUjMS #CIAFrance https://t.co/Al9bK4OHZE
  • Options
    The graph on the thread header is misleading.

What MORI should have measured is the graph of satisfaction with Corbyn taken from those who (say they) voted Labour in 2015, rather than taking it from those who say they intend to vote Labour when each poll is taken. Since support for the party has fallen since Corbyn was elected in September 2015, and especially since Brexit in May 2016, none of the opinions of the (net) number abandoning Labour are being measured. And given that they've abandoned Labour, you can probably count the number of those satisfied with Corbyn in single % figures.

So I think the move towards net dissatisfaction with Corbyn is much more stark than even that rather damning graph indicates.

Apologies if the point has already been made far downthread - it is a rather obvious one so I suspect that someone already has.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,543

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

MTimT said:

rcs1000 said:

chestnut said:

rcs1000 said:

chestnut said:

Immediately before the last GE Mori forecast the UK Left triumvirate of Lib/Lab/Green would poll 48. They polled 43. An overstatement of five.

They forecast a Remain vote of 55. Remain polled 48. An overstatement of seven.

Even in today's poll they think that Con/UKIP are on 49 - which means the right have theoretically lost votes since 2015, Corbyn's appointment and the referendum. That defies logic.

By contrast:

Com Res 52
    ICM 54
    Yougov 54
    Opinium 51

In what way is UKIP right wing?
    In the way that they are commonly described as right wing.
    I find left-right to be quite a lazy way of thinking, I prefer authoritarian-libertarian, and I think they come out on the authoritarian (i.e. left wing) end of the scale.
    Is this trolling? Traditionally authoritarianism is seen as orthogonal to the left-right axis, so there are left and right wing authoritarians.
    You need the second axis for this to make sense. So Authoritarian-egalitarian on one axis, and collectivist-libertarian on the other. Unless that is what you were meaning, Robert.
    Here - have some fun with the world's smallest political quiz .....

https://www.libertarianism.com/Quiz
    "Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 40%

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

LEFT (LIBERAL)"

Surely some mistake - I thought I was a Red BNP Knuckledragger....
    Even more alarming, that is exactly the scores I got.
    Welcome to the Labour Party!
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Well, you've worn the badges..
    Oh, that's cruel.
    Since I'm feeling a bit sadistic tonight, not just Lab but SLab.. :)
    Not quite M&S is it? More S&M.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,950
    edited February 2017

It would be interesting to have a poll or something on PB to see what the actual political makeup of the posters on this site is - seeing as there is so much debate BTL about whether it is broadly left/right/far right etc

Well, keep in mind the party you currently vote for doesn't necessarily mean much in terms of whether your are right or left wing.

I mean, despite being branded a "PB Tory" for ten years on here, I've just come out as left-liberal on the political compass.

A lot of people would have voted Tory in 2010 and 2015 and will be doing so again in 2020 because they alternative is so terrible. I know speaking for myself (and I suspect there's a lot like me) if the Opposition got it's act together there's no reason I couldn't be persuaded to vote Labour (or indeed Lib-Dem) depending on the circumstances at the time - After all I have voted both Lab and Lib in general elections in the past.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

It would be interesting to have a poll or something on PB to see what the actual political makeup of the posters on this site is - seeing as there is so much debate BTL about whether it is broadly left/right/far right etc

Well, keep in mind the party you currently vote for doesn't necessarily mean much in terms of whether your are right or left wing.

I mean, despite being branded a "PB Tory" for ten years on here, I've just come out as left-liberal on the political compass.

A lot of people would have voted Tory in 2015 and will be doing so again in 2015 because they opposition is so terrible. I know speaking for myself (and I suspect there's a lot like me) if the Opposition got it's act together there's no reason I couldn't be persuaded to vote Labour (or indeed Lib-Dem) depending on the circumstances at the time - After all I have voted both Lab and Lib in general elections in the past.
    I think what these charts show us is that you can be fairly right wing in the UK and still be a lily livered liberal lefty in the States.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,118
    edited February 2017

And the more detailed quiz at https://www.politicalcompass.org/test/ (takes about 5 minutes)

gives

hps://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.13&soc=-5.13

which puts me near Gandhi on their chart :D:D

It would appear I have become a little more libertarian than the last time I took that test, though still moderately on the left.
  • Options
    Animal_pb said:

BigRich said:

MTimT said:

Agreed. "It's icky" is not a sound basis for law, IMHO.
    Thanks Animal,
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

I'm Liberal/Left.

Seriously?

Who believes these charts anyway.

• Options
    Looking at the detailed MORI tables, the most damning statistic against Corbyn is this:

Amongst those who voted Labour in 2015 ONLY:
    "Are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way Theresa May/Jeremy Corbyn is doing their job as PM/Leader of the Labour Party"
    May: Satisfied 33% Dissatisfied 56%
    Corbyn: Satisfied 32% Dissatisfied 57%
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,307
    DavidL said:

I think what these charts show us is that you can be fairly right wing in the UK and still be a lily livered liberal lefty in the States.

Many of the people in that category also harbour the strange belief that the UK has more in common with the States than with the EU.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    DavidL said:

Exactly!

And on that note I have to go and wup up a chinese mini-banquet. Goodnight all ...
  • Options

DavidL said:

Many of the people in that category also harbour the strange belief that the UK has more in common with the States than with the EU.
    If you are going to start talking about the EU again I am going home. Laters.
  • Options

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.13&soc=-5.13

which puts me near Gandhi on their chart :D:D

How do they manage to get Thatcher so far towards the authoritarian end of the scale? That doesn't seem right to me.
  • Options

I'm Liberal/Left.

Seriously?

Personally I do think its perfectly possible for someone to be more liberal/left/conservative/right than they think, because as labels they are often widely interpreted, not even taking into account the different standards within different countries as to what are liberal or conservative positions. We know this to be true because it is very easy to find people supporting a policy until they find out which party is proposing it, then they change their mind, or condemning something their opponent does supposedly on ideological grounds when its discovered their side once did the same thing. People often seem to vote or belong to the tribe they think they are supposed to, based on an image of that tribe that might be out of date or just plain false.

That's not to say most of these tests are much good of course. My favourite was one put up around a GE, which rated against parties and had me within 5% on four of them. Either they really are very similar, or I am very confused politically.

Others sometimes suggest my closest party march is Plaid Cymru, which is no bloody good as I cannot vote for them even if I wanted.
  • Options
    OK, well I see all these fancy graphs. But given the audience on PB, I think one's outlook politically can actually best be summarised by the achieved ending to The Witcher 3.
  • Options

How do they manage to get Thatcher so far towards the authoritarian end of the scale? That doesn't seem right to me.

It must be because she imposed the legalisation of gay sex on the Scots.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

As long as it's between consenting adults, is it necessarily worse than (for instance) extreme sadomasochism?

Birth control fails and even the infertile can have "miracle babies". Virtually only non-heterosexual [or equivalent] incest would pass that test.
    I think M-F incest simply has to be illegal because as you say birth control can indeed fail.

If you are going to outlaw M-F incest on the basis that it poses a risk to potential children - does the logic not follow that those with inheritable disabilities should also be banned from sex?
  • Options
    So Trump is saying it is all fake news, meanwhile his Defence Sec confirms Russians has interfered, or attempted to interfere, in a number of elections in democracies.
  • Options

OK, well I see all these fancy graphs. But given the audience on PB, I think one's outlook politically can actually best be summarised by the achieved ending to The Witcher 3.

Requires a lot more time to complete that as far as analyses go, admittedly.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,233
    Sean_F said:

stodge said:

DavidL said:

This is bizarre. Basically Labour are reliant on public sector middle managers worried about their pensions and "retirement packages". There really is no one else left.

No, it's feeble-minded prejudice-addled analysis from you.

Where's this nonsense about "public sector middle managers" come from ? Do you know one, are you one, would you like to be one ?

I just wonder how many public sector middle managers make up Stephen Timms' 35,000 majority here in East Ham ? In my experience, there are plenty of Conservative supporters among the public sector.

Clearly, Corbyn has a bedrock of support which may be disproportionately in some areas, age groups and social groups. My only observation is that a poll among the supposedly-educated (those with a Degree) shows less support for the Conservatives. I don't draw any conclusions from that but I do observe it.

By the way, Baxter Lab 35, Con 32, LD 21 and the only winner is Nicola S.

A Corbyn-led Labour Party may well take push up its vote in London, university cities, and some centres of government, while falling back everywhere else.
    Unlikely, the Tories won graduates at the last election and I expect Corbyn to do worse than Miliband with the university educated through losses to the LDs
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    edited February 2017

There are times I feel very ignorant. This is one of them. I'm dimly aware that The Witcher 3 is a video game...
  • Options

Your UK Political Compass
    Economic Left/Right: 8.0
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Suppressed I come out as such a moderate!
  • Options
    Trump live press conference on-going. "I am best President ever" - I paraphrase only slightly.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

stodge said:

DavidL said:

This is bizarre. Basically Labour are reliant on public sector middle managers worried about their pensions and "retirement packages". There really is no one else left.

No, it's feeble-minded prejudice-addled analysis from you.

Where's this nonsense about "public sector middle managers" come from ? Do you know one, are you one, would you like to be one ?

I just wonder how many public sector middle managers make up Stephen Timms' 35,000 majority here in East Ham ? In my experience, there are plenty of Conservative supporters among the public sector.

Clearly, Corbyn has a bedrock of support which may be disproportionately in some areas, age groups and social groups. My only observation is that a poll among the supposedly-educated (those with a Degree) shows less support for the Conservatives. I don't draw any conclusions from that but I do observe it.

By the way, Baxter Lab 35, Con 32, LD 21 and the only winner is Nicola S.

A Corbyn-led Labour Party may well take push up its vote in London, university cities, and some centres of government, while falling back everywhere else.
    Unlikely, the Tories won graduates at the last election and I expect Corbyn to do worse than Miliband with the university educated through losses to the LDs
    The Tories may have won graduates but not necessarily university cities. The two are not the same thing at all.

I find there's a major political divide between graduates who go and get a job in the "real world" who will be spread across the country and those who remain in academia (concentrated in the uni cities).
  • Options
    Trump now attacking media again. Press is "so dishonest". We need to find out what's going on.
  • Options
    So, this draining the swamp thing actually meant destroying a free press.
  • Options
    If you can't get to a TV -WH live feed

https://youtu.be/uVVTb3nZssQ
  • Options

Hey, if people no longer hear about the swamp, that's like its drained, right? Just like how stopping people complaining about it is the same as making the trains run on time.
  • Options
    Eventually, unless he truly does shake things up and sees an improvement in effective and reasonable government, Trump's ramblings will cease working even on his supporters, right? Might not be for awhile, but if he doesn't deliver his schtick will stop working, surely?
  • Options
    #TeamYen
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

In the most cases where there has been M-F incest, it is between Half brothers/sisters, this may still feel, icky, but in terms of DNA cross over for any offspring it is the same amount 25% duplication as first cousins. which I would think nobody on hear wants to make illegal.

I realise this still does not fully address your issue, but anyway I don't feel I have the right to tell any consenting adult who they can or can not have sex with.
  • Options
    Amongst those who voted Labour in 2015 ONLY:
    "Are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way Jeremy Corbyn is doing his job as Leader of the Labour Party"
    Feb 2017: Satisfied 32% Dissatisfied 57%
    Oct 2015: Satisfied 54% Dissatisfied 25%

A much bigger turnaround then than the graph at the top of this thread suggests.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    DavidL said:

LMAO. Some PBTories really seem to think everyone who works in the private sector are working for Pricewaterhouse Coopers or something similar.

I work in "the private sector" (a small shop), and most of the people we work with have about as Labourish opinions on the NHS, taxing the rich, banks, etc. as you can get. (Admittedly they are not much enamoured of Corbyn himself.)
  • Options
    Your Political Compass
    Economic Left/Right: 0.0
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.0

Oh dear, I appear to be depressingly dripish...
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

DavidL said:

LMAO. Some PBTories really seem to think everyone who works in the private sector are working for Pricewaterhouse Coopers or something similar.

I work in "the private sector" (a small shop), and most of the people we work with have about as Labourish opinions on the NHS, taxing the rich, banks, etc. as you can get. (Admittedly they are not much enamoured of Corbyn himself.)
    Further to this: that same IPSOS-MORI poll says Labour trails the Tories by "only" 8% among private sector workers (not dramatically different to a 1% Labour lead with public-sector workers). Much of the Tories' lead seems to come from a walloping lead with the retired.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Hey, if people no longer hear about the swamp, that's like its drained, right? Just like how stopping people complaining about it is the same as making the trains run on time.
    He's mad. Downright mad. Just rambling on to himself.
  • Options
    BigRich said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

In the most cases where there has been M-F incest, it is between Half brothers/sisters, this may still feel, icky, but in terms of DNA cross over for any offspring it is the same amount 25% duplication as first cousins. which I would think nobody on hear wants to make illegal.

I realise this still does not fully address your issue, but anyway I don't feel I have the right to tell any consenting adult who they can or can not have sex with.
    I thought first cousin incest was illegal and I'm OK with it being so.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @KateEMcCann: Trump is literally pissed off because people are "finding out what took place" via THE PRESS reporting when he speaks to foreign leaders.

@jessicaelgot: Donald Trump is accusing newspapers of committing journalism
  • Options
    (((Dan Hodges))) ‏@DPJHodges 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    I genuinely don't see how Congress allows this man to remain President of the United States for the next 4 years.
  • Options
    Mr. Thompson, first cousin marriage/sex is legal.

A problem with that is the commonplace marriage of first cousins among Pakistani Muslims, which is leading to an increase in children (particularly boys) born with learning difficulties.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Mattis may go down as the greatest Defence Secretary in history

https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/832220746034380802
  • Options
    Mr. Alistair, if Trump thinks he's being disloyal, he may also be the one with the briefest tenure.

Interesting position, though.
  • Options

A problem with that is the commonplace marriage of first cousins among Pakistani Muslims, which is leading to an increase in children (particularly boys) born with learning difficulties.

Seems like evidence enough to change the law and make it illegal then.
  • Options

More
    I genuinely don't see how Congress allows this man to remain President of the United States for the next 4 years.

They shall find a way, somehow.
  • Options
    Mr. Thompson, *raises an eyebrow*

Using evidence as grounds for changing the law?

... I thought you were British. Your cover is blown, Agent Thomski! No true Briton would make that mistake.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Mattis may go down as the greatest Defence Secretary in history

https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/832220746034380802

The Trumpers were saying that anyway when he was first appointed, weren't they? I'm sure they'll stay consistent on this one.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Danny565 said:

DavidL said:

Further to this: that same IPSOS-MORI poll says Labour trails the Tories by "only" 8% among private sector workers (not dramatically different to a 1% Labour lead with public-sector workers). Much of the Tories' lead seems to come from a walloping lead with the retired.
    Yeah, but they vote.
  • Options

Danny565 said:

Danny565 said:

DavidL said:

Yeah, but they vote.
    Sure, but it still goes against the idea that no-one except "public sector middle-managers" has any sympathy with Labour, since IPSOS says their support with private-sector workers is about the same as its national average.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    edited February 2017
    In other news, ASLEF members have voted to keep making innocent Southern passengers' lives miserable for no good reason.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38994965
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,845
    Scott_P said:

@KateEMcCann: Trump is literally pissed off because people are "finding out what took place" via THE PRESS reporting when he speaks to foreign leaders.

@jessicaelgot: Donald Trump is accusing newspapers of committing journalism

Well, a British government had an MP arrested for aiding & abetting the commission of journalism embarrassing to The State...
  • Options
    This press conference is off the charts brilliant.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

@mehdirhasan: "The leaks are real but the news is fake," Trump just claimed.
    Come back George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. All is forgiven.
  • Options

BigRich said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

Mr Thompson,

I normally agree with most of your comments on hear, so hope you don't feel rebuffed by this, but I think you are incorrect on what this the Legal status of Cousin Marge in the UK is at the moment, and disagree about what it should be.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

More

Tbh, strange and paranoid rants at the media feels quite tolerable in comparison to him stoking up hate against minorities, declaring war on countries because someone insulted his tan, striking awful trade deals that screw over other countries like the UK, etc.
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276

The problem is amplified by people being related in multiple ways. First cousins share 25%, but if their parents were also related, the numbers snowball.

It's also the same with Jews. When doing DNA testing with commercial companies people often get shared dna figures that indicate 2nd cousin when the truth is they are 4th or 5th cousins, but many times overs in various ways.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

If you are going to outlaw M-F incest on the basis that it poses a risk to potential children - does the logic not follow that those with inheritable disabilities should also be banned from sex?
    It would depend on who they plan to have sex with.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

I'm Liberal/Left.

Seriously?

I think this quiz seriously misses the fact that many on the right economically are vehemently against corporate welfarism.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,322
    If you live / work in PA / MI / WI, how relevant is all of this to you?

It's all about him.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited February 2017

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

Only with people with the same inheritable disability! No reason to bar a Cystic Fibrosis sufferer having children with a Sickle cell sufferer.

Incest is not just about genetics (and I agree cousanguity should be barred) but also about abusive power relationships in families, and I would consider cousanguinous arranged marriages as part of abusive power relations witbin patriarchal families.
  • Options

It was the legalisation of incest that made me answer Disagree.

Admittedly, a great deal of incest is non-consensual.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,667

There are times I feel very ignorant. This is one of them. I'm dimly aware that The Witcher 3 is a video game...
    Based on books that are seriously good. Another plug for them! Everyone who is even slightly inclined to read fantasy or enjoys Game of Thrones should read them.
  • Options
    These asides : "And I do have great ratings by the way"
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
    This Donald Trump news conference is unlike anything I've ever seen. Obsessed with ratings, rambling away against the press.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

I'm Liberal/Left.

Seriously?

I think this quiz seriously misses the fact that many on the right economically are vehemently against corporate welfarism.
    I scored 90/50 because my answer to all the questions in the economic section was "well, it depends".
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The other day Trump tweeted that Fox News was brilliant and the others were fakes.

He just got fact-checked, mid-presser, by Fox News...

EDIT: Fake News apparently
  • Options

This Donald Trump news conference is unlike anything I've ever seen. Obsessed with ratings, rambling away against the press.

Sky have ditched their schedule to keep covering it
  • Options
    MTimT said:

I'm Liberal/Left.

Seriously?

I would have thought That everybody on the 'right economically' opposes corporate welfarism, if not then they are not on the right economically?
  • Options
    Trump rambling and ranting at a Press conference and says he is not ranting!
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Based on books that are seriously good. Another plug for them! Everyone who is even slightly inclined to read fantasy or enjoys Game of Thrones should read them.
    Once I've read A Kingdom Asunder, I'll start on Blood of Elves (is that the best book to start with, or should I start with short stories?)
  • Options

BigRich said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Animal_pb said:

For England and Wales, I don't see first cousins listed:

"Sex with an adult who is related as parent (including adoptive parent), grandparent, child (including adopted child), grandchild, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece, is illegal"
  • Options
    Mr. Johnstone, sounds a bit like the royal problem from a few centuries ago.

I remember reading somewhere (maybe when I was at university) that a certain proportion of people find the 'exotic' much more attractive than the average, the reasoning (or evolutionary basis, to be more precise) being that it helped introduce new genes and reduce the risk of in-breeding.
  • Options

Sounds like the Chavez and Correa types in South America, who have their own weekly tv shows where they ramble on for hours and whinge about criticism of even the most petty nature.
  • Options
    Ruthy has reverted to 'whoreson obscene greasy tallow-catch' Trump mode.

https://twitter.com/HolyroodDaily/status/832294446343544832

Theresa better start playing catch up doublequick.

• Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,941
    Just back from Stoke - so a brief update. The Lib Dem HQ is in a pub - just like old times! You couldn't move for the media - BBC and Sky doing filming while I was there. But a different picture out on the streets. Lots of Labour posters around the union office in Shelton but very little elsewhere. Quite a few Ali posters in the small shops on the A53 - probably the Kashmiri community. No sign of any Conservative or UKIP activity.
  • Options
    Trump says security leaks are real but the news is fake.

Press man asks how reporting the real leaks can be fake.

Trump rambles.
  • Options
    "He's putting out fake fires."
  • Options
    Mr. F, by chance, Blood of Elves is one of the first books on the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" for Kingdom Asunder.

As is Best Served Cold, by Joe Abercrombie, and The Dragonbone Chair, by Tad Williams.

Not read any of The Witcher books. May give them a look, wallet/time permitting, when my to-read pile has diminished. Almost finished The Darkness That Comes Before, by R. Scott Bakker.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Aaah. Takes me back. Had many a meeting with HE Mohammed as Sahaf in lovely downtown Baghdad, back in the day.
  • Options

Trump says security leaks are real but the news is fake.

Press man asks how reporting the real leaks can be fake.

Trump rambles.

Any PB Trumpers willing to defend the twat?
  • Options
    Oh my GOD, this section on the Hillary reset.... :D
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

He's total box office gold
  • Options
    @IvisonJ: Nuclear holocaust would be like no other, says Trump. He learned this in an intelligence briefing.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,237
    Off-topic:

Elon Musk is crazy. But sometimes he's my sort of crazy:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-02-16/global-infrastructure-partners-gets-big-returns-in-sleepy-sector

He's a modern day Fred Dibnah (who, near the end of his life, started digging a coal mine in his back garden. Just for LOLs.)
  • Options
    It gets more and more surreal.
  • Options
    Insulting the BBC, now.
  • Options
    LOL "BBC, that's another beauty"
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@IvisonJ: Nuclear holocaust would be like no other, says Trump. He learned this in an intelligence briefing.

Keep that suitcase away from him....
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited February 2017
    LOL: 'I expect you've got a transcript of my call with Putin, it's classified so I guess you've all read it"
  • Options
    Trump is just amazing - I have never seen the MSM so comprehensively put in their box. Trump to Sopel of the BBC. Trump - Where are you from - Sopel - the BBC - Trump - here's another beauty - Sopel impartial free and fair -Trump just like CNN.

Box office
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

For better and worse. It's hard to take your eyes of this guy when he gets going, and he is capable of being genuinely and intentionally funny. But the rest of it...

• Options

Trump is just amazing - I have never seen the MSM so comprehensively put in their box. Trump to Sopel of the BBC. Trump - Where are you from - Sopel - the BBC - Trump - here's another beauty - Sopel impartial free and fair -Trump just like CNN.

Box office

In the sense that "Downfall" was box office?
  • Options
    Did he just say "Betanyahu".....
  • Options
    kle4 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

For better and worse. It's hard to take your eyes of this guy when he gets going, and he is capable of being genuinely and intentionally funny. But the rest of it...

The faces on the journalists are a joy to behold
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Insulting the BBC, now.

It needs to be done every now and then, keeps em on their toes. :lol:
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Oh my GOD, this section on the Hillary reset.... :D

I was giggling - that reset button
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sudCmrAsF4
This discussion has been closed.