Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn is going nowhere – for now

13»

Comments

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    SeanT said:

Chapeau to Stephen Fry. Very witty Bafta intro

Did you like the ken loach political bit ;-)
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Omnium said:

Charles said:

a "normal" economic cycle

The idea is obsolete isn't it?

Economics has changed. The best guess is once again a guess.

Highly paid economists the world over have been oddly reluctant to tell us that everything they've ever told us is wrong, or at least they wouldn't stand by it.

While central bankers behave like morons it is.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options

Emphasis on the Red of course for the Corbyn Drive!

Corbyn Drive?

Multi-pass! (pronounced Mool-ty Pass)

:D:D
    Following on from Thursday's thread, I completed my week in Manchester by doing Victoria to Southport, and the branch from Wigan to Kirkby. Actually went on Southport Pier, but to my disappointment the tram was withdrawn in 2015. Tracks still in situ. But was interesting to be able to pick out the massive Blackpool rollercoaster way in the distance.

Back to work this week...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,228
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

BAFTAs in full scale leftwing luvvie mode at the moment. Fry making cracks at Trump's expense to begin with and now Ken Loach attacking the government on its welfare and refugee policies

Let' em rend their haute couture garments, and gnash their expensive Hollywood teeth

WE WON.
    Indeed, I would imagine 99% of the audience voted for Hillary/Remain depending on which side of the pond they came from
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

Emphasis on the Red of course for the Corbyn Drive!

Corbyn Drive?

Multi-pass! (pronounced Mool-ty Pass)

:D:D
    Following on from Thursday's thread, I completed my week in Manchester by doing Victoria to Southport, and the branch from Wigan to Kirkby. Actually went on Southport Pier, but to my disappointment the tram was withdrawn in 2015. Tracks still in situ. But was interesting to be able to pick out the massive Blackpool rollercoaster way in the distance.

Back to work this week...
    Southport is quaint and distinctly lacking in Take-aways but it has a good boating lake for smaller dinghies.

It sounds like you enjoyed your little jaunt around the NorthWest. :)
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    I just wish that all The Ring Cycle was shown on TV rather than via Iplayer for Seigfried, Die Walkure & Gotterdamerung. Grr. BBC managed to show it in full about 30 years ago.

Still it was worth catching up with it, and is available for 5 months...
This discussion has been closed.