Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A cartoon ahead of tomorrow’s historic Trump-May meeting in Wa

Comments

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @thelatebron: I have been thinking more about who will pay for the wall in #Somerset, and probably it is going to be #Dorset.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,168
    May praises GOP for their victory and the hope that builds of a strong America. Criticises nations who fail to pay their way on defence but also says despite leaving the EU will still seek to co operate with it but the vote was for restored sovereignty and control of borders and a new internationalist role.

Meanwhile Trump reported to 've imposing a 20% tax on Mexican imports to pay for the wall
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 5,018
    Jobabob said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

Sean_F said:

Essexit said:

Ukip being favourites in Stoke is barmy, right? It seems like there's been a monumental over-reaction to the Labour Leave voodoo poll.

It's crazy but probably Labour canvassers or private polling.

But I'm absolutely laying UKIP at odds on.
    Stoke is a Labour hold, for the time being.
    Why do you think Stoke is a Labour hold? I think they could lose it while holding Copeland.
    It's very hard for the Opposition to lose a by-election, unless a third party is running rampant. UKIP aren't. Their efforts may still result in a decent vote share, but no more. It's not a seat that's amenable to the Lib Dems, either.
    Ideally Labour will lose both byelections. Any Labour footsoldiers with any sense and care for the future of the party should be working hard to ensure a brace of defeats.
    I don't actually follow the PB consensus. I think they'll hold Stoke but lose Copeland to the Tories (and largely because of a big increase in the LD share).
  • Options
    @BBCKimGhattas: 20% tax hike on imports from Mexico= wide range of products becoming more expensive for US consumer. 1/2 ustr.gov/countries-regi…

@BBCKimGhattas: 2/2 Tax hike on imports from Mexico also impacts supply chain for US manufacturing, for ex, some parts made in Mexico, car assembled in US

So Trump would be doing us a favour if he previews Brexit for us...
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

Scott_P said:

@SkyNewsBreak: White House says President Trump wants to pay for a wall along the Mexican border with a tax that would be part of a reform package

Presumably a tax to be levied on Mexicans only?
    Tarrifs on manufactured goods from Mexico probably.
    Why doesn't Trumpton just charge an entry toll on the wall, a la the Severn Bridge? Let em all in!
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    RobD said:

Trump is going to run out of campaign promises to keep at this rate.

Yes, it is surprising just how much he has signed off on in such a short period!
    That may be because he is not bothering about the details. President Trump just seems to be telling Congress to get on with it and hoping they'll come up with something. What would be funny is if once he has signed an executive order for every single pledge, he resigns to go back to his old job. Four days left in January!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@BBCKimGhattas: 20% tax hike on imports from Mexico= wide range of products becoming more expensive for US consumer. 1/2 ustr.gov/countries-regi…

@BBCKimGhattas: 2/2 Tax hike on imports from Mexico also impacts supply chain for US manufacturing, for ex, some parts made in Mexico, car assembled in US

Too many retweets .
    Do us a favour and go to bed.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,413

ydoethur said:

Even if Labour does lose both Copeland and Stoke Central (and I can't believe they are) they still won't have matched their achievement between 1970 and 1974 when they lost THREE seats in byelections while being in Opposition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_by-election,_1972

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_by-election,_1973

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Govan_by-election,_1973

And they still went on to win the following general election.

But those were lost to parties other than the government.

In the vanishingly unlikely scenario that Labour lose both these seats to TM, that will be the first time a party of opposition has ceded two seats to the government (especially in a second term) since Gaitskell's attempts to hold the party together during a bitter civil war in the early 1960s.

It should also be noted that one of those by-election defeats - Bristol South-East - Labour actually won the vote but the candidate was ineligible for the seat so his rival was declared the winner.
    That Labour civil war was shortly followed by Labour winning the 1964, 1966, narrowly losing 1970, and winning both the 1974 elections.

Indeed the prognosis looks good if both are lost!
    It took the death of the Labour leader, a major sex and spy scandal, the disastrous collapse of the cabinet, a brace of economic crises and the appointment of a peer as PM for those very narrow victories (aside from 1966) to come about. And 1966 was Labour's only really resounding victory from 1945 to 1997.

Is that sequence really what you expect to happen before Labour become barely electable again, and is that abysmal electoral performance the outcome you would wish for?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

They can buy more American and more from countries other than Mexico maybe even from the UK
  • Options

Too many retweets .

I haven't retweeted any of these...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    Scott_P said:

Too many retweets .

I haven't retweeted any of these...
    Technically correct... the best kind.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

They can buy more American and more from countries other than Mexico maybe even from the UK

@BBCKimGhattas: Mexico is US 2nd largest supplier of goods, includes fruit and veg which are already rather expensive in US. ustr.gov/countries-regi…
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited January 2017
    Scott_P said:

Presumably you will both be highlighting the tariffs we have to pay on the goods we bring in from all the places outside the EU, and how much cheaper they would all be for us if we didn't have these EU taxes.

It's a matter of time before these taxes get highlighted in Britain.

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Even if Labour does lose both Copeland and Stoke Central (and I can't believe they are) they still won't have matched their achievement between 1970 and 1974 when they lost THREE seats in byelections while being in Opposition:

In the vanishingly unlikely scenario that Labour lose both these seats to TM, that will be the first time a party of opposition has ceded two seats to the government (especially in a second term) since Gaitskell's attempts to hold the party together during a bitter civil war in the early 1960s.

It should also be noted that one of those by-election defeats - Bristol South-East - Labour actually won the vote but the candidate was ineligible for the seat so his rival was declared the winner.
    That Labour civil war was shortly followed by Labour winning the 1964, 1966, narrowly losing 1970, and winning both the 1974 elections.

It took the death of the Labour leader, a major sex and spy scandal, the disastrous collapse of the cabinet, a brace of economic crises and the appointment of a peer as PM for those very narrow victories (aside from 1966) to come about. And 1966 was Labour's only really resounding victory from 1945 to 1997.

Is that sequence really what you expect to happen before Labour become barely electable again, and is that abysmal electoral performance the outcome you would wish for?
    Nope. Just pointing out that there are "events dear boy" and a week is a long time in politics, particularly in such febrile times.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

It's a matter of time before these taxes get highlighted in Britain.

Tax hike on imports from Mexico also impacts supply chain for US manufacturing, for ex, some parts made in Mexico, car assembled in US

I agree. the impact on car manufacturing of leaving the customs union will be highlighted in Britain for sure.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,207
    Scott_P said:

HYUFD said:

@BBCKimGhattas: Mexico is US 2nd largest supplier of goods, includes fruit and veg which are already rather expensive in US. ustr.gov/countries-regi…
    Americans eat fruit and veg?
  • Options

Jobabob said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

Sean_F said:

Essexit said:

Ukip being favourites in Stoke is barmy, right? It seems like there's been a monumental over-reaction to the Labour Leave voodoo poll.

Why do you think Stoke is a Labour hold? I think they could lose it while holding Copeland.
    It's very hard for the Opposition to lose a by-election, unless a third party is running rampant. UKIP aren't. Their efforts may still result in a decent vote share, but no more. It's not a seat that's amenable to the Lib Dems, either.
    Ideally Labour will lose both byelections. Any Labour footsoldiers with any sense and care for the future of the party should be working hard to ensure a brace of defeats.
    I don't actually follow the PB consensus. I think they'll hold Stoke but lose Copeland to the Tories (and largely because of a big increase in the LD share).
    Agree, because Ukip are perennially lousy at winning elections even when you want them to do everyone a favour and be good. I haven't lost hope - ideally Snell will take one for the team and bang on about Europe for weeks so the natives lend their vote to the Scouse Nutter.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Jobabob said:

Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

Sean_F said:

Essexit said:

Snap :-)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

HYUFD said:

Americans can ship around and if they have to buy Mexican they can console themselves with the fact they are paying for the wall by doing so
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:

HYUFD said:

Only the rich ones!
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:

HYUFD said:

Not Trumps voters.. Just pantywaist Democrats.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,413

Nope. Just pointing out that there are "events dear boy" and a week is a long time in politics, particularly in such febrile times.

Events are all well and good and the times are uncertain. But as long as the hard left holds Labour to ransom as it does currently, Labour have no chance of winning.

Getting rid of Corbyn might improve things a little, but it isn't him personally so much as his policies and associates that are destroying Labour's working-class electoral base. The real problem is that even if he goes, they will almost certainly remain, in which case one electoral victory in fifty years may be optimistic.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,147
    Does she not know she's in Pennsylvania? Cringe...
  • Options
    I always find some food costs in US bizarre eg milk is stupidly expensive. Obviously I am well aware of the massive corn subsidiaries but why should mill be expensive? Loads of land, etc etc etc .
  • Options
    Immensely proud of Theresa May.

This is a brutal rejection of Trump's foreign policy approach.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    More of the same.
  • Options
    If Tessie ever gets a £250k an hr speaking gig we will definitely know it wasn't for the quality and entertainment of said speech.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
    ...this is an impressive speech by May. Can't remember Cameron making a similar one.
  • Options

Hopefully it shows she won't be afraid of disagreeing with Trump on issues in public as well as private. Torture, for example.
  • Options
    The Press pack seem to like the speech
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:

HYUFD said:

I forecast to my (very Trump fearful) poker group the other night that Trump will be a LOL president who will do sod all of global note, and be a figure of fun from Day One. I have seen nothing so far to dissuade me from this prediction. The guy is a clown.
  • Options

Does she not know she's in Pennsylvania? Cringe...

The audience is not full of Pennsylvanians though, is it? :D
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Hated the hairstyle, loved the speech. She did us proud. Let's hope the Trumpster was paying attention. Still think the joint presser is going to be excruciating.
  • Options

Did she book a return ticket for this evening as the orange one won't like what he is hearing (presuming he is listening and not on Twitter)
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,593
    edited January 2017

I always find some food costs in US bizarre eg milk is stupidly expensive. Obviously I am well aware of the massive corn subsidiaries but why should mill be expensive? Loads of land, etc etc etc .

Think their version of CAP - there is lots of farm support stuff
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Was it? She was tough on Iran, pro India but tough on China, tough on border control, tough on radical Islamism and tough on Putin, if anything Republicans liked it even more than Trump
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

The problem is that they all watch the Simpsons and take literally the instructions from Bart Simpson, and so they "Don't have a cow, man".

The result is less milk and higher prices.

#alternativefacts

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,005
    edited January 2017
    Scott_P said:
    Hallelujah.

Bad news for warmongers, good news for civilians
  • Options

The pink dyed artificially strawberry flavoured version is cheaper
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Scott_P said:

Tax hike on imports from Mexico also impacts supply chain for US manufacturing, for ex, some parts made in Mexico, car assembled in US

I agree. the impact on car manufacturing of leaving the customs union will be highlighted in Britain for sure.

It will make not a lot of difference at all in the UK as any revenue raised in tariffs will enable the government to cut other taxes. Our net trading position makes us the likely winner in that game. £8bn was the number, I recall.

Meanwhile, we have an American president who will happily sideline the likes of Mexico if he gets a sniff of a deal that he can sell as good for the US.

We offer him a portion of the 'deficit' we have with the EU in return for improved trading access to the US.

We get freer US trade without unlimited immigration - he gets a reduced US deficit - the Germans have to try to trade with the Mexicans.
  • Options

Told you she would be terrific. Think there are many on here no matter who they support should just realise her vision and get behind her in her crusade to take this Country into a lead role in the World.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

if anything Republicans liked it even more than Trump

She's dangerously close to interfering in US domestic political debate and needs to be careful she doesn't go away with Trump thinking she's an enemy.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Mortimer said:

Trump is going to run out of campaign promises to keep at this rate.

'Lock her up'?

I really can't see that one happening...
    :lol:
  • Options
    chestnut said:

It will make not a lot of difference at all in the UK as any revenue raised in tariffs

It's not about tariffs...

It's about the integrated supply chain.

/Repeat, to fade...
  • Options

HYUFD said:

She's dangerously close to interfering in US domestic political debate and needs to be careful she doesn't go away with Trump thinking she's an enemy.
    I must have missed the domestic policy discussion.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    One of my favourites scenes! Brilliant
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Some think that Gaitskell would have won more decisively in 1964.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    HYUFD said:

Was it? She was tough on Iran, pro India but tough on China, tough on border control, tough on radical Islamism and tough on Putin, if anything Republicans liked it even more than Trump
    May was pro-NATO, she advocated the continued existence of the EU, she advised constructive engagement but caution w.r.t. Putin, and she was positive about the Iranian nuclear deal. A number of themes where she was far more in tune with Congressional Republican opinion than the views advanced by Trump.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Scott_P said:

It's not about tariffs...

It's about the integrated supply chain.

/Repeat, to fade...

Which will move and adjust as the individual businesses see fit. The EU provide precious little that cannot be obtained elsewhere.

It's arguable that our most important partner in Europe is Norway.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

She could not win with you no matter what she said. Just accept that that was one terrific speech and did our Country proud and in particular the Baltic states will be elated
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Domestic debate, not domestic policy. To take a clear position on questions which are hugely controversial within the GOP at the moment could be seen as provocative.
  • Options
    isam said:

Scott_P said:
    One of my favourites scenes! Brilliant
    On the history of Marshall documentary last week apparently they made amps for Rick parafitt that went up to 11 on the back of that movie.
  • Options

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Domestic debate, not domestic policy. To take a clear position on questions which are hugely controversial within the GOP at the moment could be seen as provocative.
    Why did they invite her to tak if they didn't want to hear her views?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

HYUFD said:

May was pro-NATO, she advocated the continued existence of the EU, she advised constructive engagement but caution w.r.t. Putin, and she was positive about the Iranian nuclear deal. A number of themes where she was far more in tune with Congressional Republican opinion than the views advanced by Trump.
    Trump has to govern with Congress too of course but other than her comments on Putin there was little real difference between most of what she said and Trump has been saying
  • Options

HYUFD said:

She could not win with you no matter what she said. Just accept that that was one terrific speech and did our Country proud and in particular the Baltic states will be elated
    May's biggest fan (ahem) TSE was chuffed. :D
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,207
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

You mean you missed the passage where she defended abortion?
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Which will move and adjust as the individual businesses see fit. The EU provide precious little that cannot be obtained elsewhere.

LOL

We are talking about car manufacturing. Norway is just about the only country with no involvement
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Even Gordon Brown had an occasional good day
  • Options
    edited January 2017

HYUFD said:

Her comments on border control, China, Iran, radical Islam etc all echoed Trump's own views on the whole
  • Options

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Even Gordon Brown had an occasional good day
    Broken clock etc. Fair enough!
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

The GOP will lap it up obviously - she's telling them what they want to hear. I'm thinking more about the personal relationship with Trump. He could easily see her as part of the machine he's trying to overturn and if he feels no goodwill will happily sell her down the river when it comes to more important international negotiations.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

The GOP will lap it up obviously - she's telling them what they want to hear. I'm thinking more about the personal relationship with Trump. He could easily see her as part of the machine he's trying to overturn and if he feels no goodwill will happily sell her down the river when it comes to more important international negotiations.
    Don't worry, Farage (of Trump's ear) approved. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Labours Stoke candidate was an enthusiastic supporter of overthrowing his leader and replacing him with a man who wanted to wreck brexit and have a 2nd referendum

Ukip should mention this at every opportunity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37877608
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

https://twitter.com/nigel_farage/status/824728866375790592
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

She is probably closer to Trump than any other current G20 leader apart from Putin and longer term she will be more of a reliable and needed ally for Trump than Putin is
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Scott_P said:

chestnut said:

LOL

We are talking about car manufacturing. Norway is just about the only country with no involvement
    I'm talking the whole trading relationship. Apologies, I didn't realise you were stuck on the minutiae.
  • Options
    Here's a bit of the speech they liked

@tnewtondunn: And another Theresa warning to Trump on getting too cosy with Russia... "With President Putin, my advice is to engage but beware”.

@DPJHodges: Whatever you think of May's speech, she's not sucking up to Trump. Sticking it to him over Putin.

Now we will see how the relationship between Tezza and Trump works out

@FabricePothier: DC sources say that Trump admin has an executive order ready to lift Russia sanctions. @POTUS to talk to Merkel and then Putin on Saturday
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:

HYUFD said:

I forecast to my (very Trump fearful) poker group the other night that Trump will be a LOL president who will do sod all of global note, and be a figure of fun from Day One. I have seen nothing so far to dissuade me from this prediction. The guy is a clown.
    The worrying thing is you've never called anything right!
  • Options
    isam said:

Labours Stoke candidate was an enthusiastic supporter of overthrowing his leader and replacing him with a man who wanted to wreck brexit and have a 2nd referendum

I dont know don't, that might go down quite well in stoke.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Here's a bit of the speech they liked

@tnewtondunn: And another Theresa warning to Trump on getting too cosy with Russia... "With President Putin, my advice is to engage but beware”.

@DPJHodges: Whatever you think of May's speech, she's not sucking up to Trump. Sticking it to him over Putin.

Now we will see how the relationship between Tezza and Trump works out

@FabricePothier: DC sources say that Trump admin has an executive order ready to lift Russia sanctions. @POTUS to talk to Merkel and then Putin on Saturday

'Engage but beware' doesn't seem inconsistent with the lifting of sanctions. In fact, it probably fulfills the former.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    Scott_P said:
    Not before time!

I think TM might just go down as one of those once in a generation PM's that are actually really good.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    So that's Farage and Corbyn both fully behind May's approach.

Government of national unity almost ?
  • Options

isam said:

What ignoring the vote, trying to keep free movement and having another referendum? Doubt it
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Approved is putting it mildly!
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

What ignoring the vote, trying to keep free movement and having another referendum? Doubt it
    I just meant the overthrowing corbyn bit!
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Approved is putting it mildly!
    Is this a rapprochement between the two of them? Lord Farage incoming! :D
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,072
    "Trump said to eye 20% border tax on Mexican imports to pay for wall" - says the FT

That - obviously - fails the "non-discriminatory" requirement of the WTO Treaties. The whole point about the WTO is that it establishes a common set of rules and prevents the big from bullying the little. I cannot see how the US remains a signatory to the treaties if it goes down this route.

We will all lose from the end of the age of free trade.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

"Trump said to eye 20% border tax on Mexican imports to pay for wall" - says the FT

That - obviously - fails the "non-discriminatory" requirement of the WTO Treaties. The whole point about the WTO is that it establishes a common set of rules and prevents the big from bullying the little. I cannot see how the US remains a signatory to the treaties if it goes down this route.

@PeterAlexander: BREAKING: Spicer tells me 20% tax on Mexican imports is NOT a policy proposal, but example of options how to pay for wall.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

I just meant the overthrowing corbyn bit!
    Ah maybe that bit... just call him a democracy hater!
  • Options

Milk costs about $2.50 a gallon here.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

"

That's probably what's going to happen though isn't it?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

So that's Farage and Corbyn both fully behind May's approach.

Government of national unity almost ?

The poor forgotten SNP...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

You and your alternative facts!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Surely the whips have to resign :p ?

To vote against your own whip is utterly preposterous.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Surely the whips have to resign :p ?

To vote against your own whip is utterly preposterous.
    Quite apart from it being a three-line whip, you can't have a whip whose public view is so out of line.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    rcs1000 said:

You can't have a common set of rules on tariffs etc, without common rules on minimum wages, labour regulations, business and property taxes etc etc.

The playing field isn't level.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

isam said:
    Obama is someone who was well thought of before he had power and will be well thought after he has had power but not when he did have power.

People like the concept of Obama but not the reality.
    Didn't Obama have 60% approval when he left office, compared to the incoming Trump on 40%?
    Yes and Obamacare has the highest approval rating. I think when people realise what they have i.e Obamacare they will fight like shit to keep it.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

rcs1000 said:

"

There are many ways this could possibly play out.

But if I was Mexico, and I was being bullied in this way, I would probably be falling into the arms of China.

I'm not going to deny being somewhat scared.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

GIN1138 said:

rcs1000 said:

"

But if I was Mexico, and I was being bullied in this way, I would probably be falling into the arms of China.

I don't think we're at the stage of another Zimmermann telegram yet so things could be worse...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

GIN1138 said:

rcs1000 said:

"

I'm not scared but I am concerned....
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
  • Options
    chestnut said:

rcs1000 said:

You can't have a common set of rules on tariffs etc, without common rules on minimum wages, labour regulations, business and property taxes etc etc.

The playing field isn't level.
    So, the UK shouldn't have free trade deals with anywhere poorer than them.
    And nobody richer than the UK should have a free trade deal with us.

It's very simple. Government policy that increases my freedom to make my own choices is good. Free trade deals do that.
  • Options
    nunu said:

isam said:
    Obama is someone who was well thought of before he had power and will be well thought after he has had power but not when he did have power.

People like the concept of Obama but not the reality.
    Didn't Obama have 60% approval when he left office, compared to the incoming Trump on 40%?
    Yes and Obamacare has the highest approval rating. I think when people realise what they have i.e Obamacare they will fight like shit to keep it.
    Approximately 2/3 of those who applied for Obamacare coverage (those needing major premium subsidies) were dumped into Medicaid. I doubt you'd fight too hard for that.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    PlatoSaid said:
    CNN didn't carry it, going to "The Lead with Jake Tapper"
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

GIN1138 said:

rcs1000 said:

"

Mexico is a lovely country for a road trip. I Drove from Nogales on the Mexican border, right down to Puerto Vallarta once, with a side rail trip to the Copper Canyon. The border is rather tacky, the Sonora desert spectacular. I woudn't fancy it as gringo now, though even then the locals were noticeably more friendly when they learnt that we were from Europe.
This discussion has been closed.