Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Trump goes on the offensive against the media – a sign of the

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071

Alanbrooke

The 'british source' isn't a GCHQ employee. He works for a commercial company, Orbis Intelligence. Obviously, a commercial company doesn't remain in business by letting their staff pursue private, unbilled, activity. They make their profits by acting on behalf of their customers. So, the important question is "Who is on the Orbis customer list, and who paid for this work?" If it happens to include the Democratic Party, George Soros or the Washington Post, the most probable conclusion would be that a dirty tricks operation was outsourced to the UK.

And how did a British diplomat come to be passing this to John McCain?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,755
    edited January 2017
    Roger said:

tyson said:

Roger said:

Roger said:

Jesus Christ! I can't see trump lasting. Too many skeletons and too many news organisations digging for dirt and there will be plenty. He can shout the press down now but it'll be much harder in a couple of weeks when he's standing next to the world's leaders

yadda

youve just become old and stale Roger

think of Trump as living art and youre part of the set

now fill up your bladder and head for the dockside
    There's a subtle difference between being louche and entertaining like Berlusconi and being seedy like Trump. I'd be surprised if many are still being entertained by the American sleazball in a couple of months time
    Roger....Berlusconi is a sleazy, seedy, morally corrupted. He's not as aggressive, as much a bully, and vile as Trump...but he is a disgusting human being all the same.

Trump is completely repellant. At least Berlusconi probably enjoys good food and wine...Trump probably shoves steaks and fizzy drinks into that chasm of a gob
    I know but it's relative and Berlusconi has an engaging smile whereas Trump's is like a crocodile. Happy New Year by the way and let's hope at least one of the good guys gets in this year. I was told tonight that Marine Le Pen wouldn't make the last two which would be a small victory
    Sheesh Roger that;s starting to look like one of your infamous predictions
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    RobD said:

I thought they said in the press conference that money from foreign government people staying at Trump's hotels will be donated to the US Treasury?

Yes they did, but they are also saying those payments aren't emoluments. They have got to say that, because the constitution says that US office-holders must not without congressional consent "accept (...) any (...) emolument (...) of any kind whatever, from any (...) foreign state", not that it's OK to accept them and hand them over later. Got to wonder about Tillerson's position too.
    Sandpit said:

Pulpstar said:

Sandpit said:

Betfair have a market on vote share at the next GE? All I could find were markets on the date and seat totals.

Most seats is a close enough proxy for plurality. I think....
    Possibly not with UKIP though, which is where I assumed Mr @Dromedary was coming from.

Imagine a scenario of a Brexit mess up by the govt forcing an election, where the govt were perceived to be trying to get out of leaving the EU. Take the current polling, give 15 points from the Tories to UKIP and there's a 3 way tie on 26% ish. UKIP might only get a couple of dozen seats, while the Tories end up with 300.
    At the moment it's only UKIP's voteshare I might consider betting on.

Millions of people voted Leave believing that at last they might be listened to. Far more people invested hope in their votes than usually do in any kind of British election. UKIP's results in EU elections grew from 16% (3rd, 2004) to 17% (2nd, 2009) to 27% (1st, 2014). Meanwhile in parliamentary elections their support grew from 2% (2005, a very poor 4th) to 3% (2010, ditto) to 13% (2015, 3rd). It's as if there were two different tracks. Even if Britain stays in the EU, there won't be an EU election until 2019. The more the feeling grows that the government won't listen to people on immigration, the greater the probability that if there is a parliamentary election in the near future UKIP will win a lot of votes, up in the mid-20s or higher. It's the obvious place for the annoyance (and maybe even some hope) to go.

• Options
    D notice total waste of time in the age of the internet.

https://order-order.com/2017/01/11/d-notice-issued-naming-trump-allegations-source/
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Pulpstar said:

Roger said:

Jesus Christ! I can't see trump lasting. Too many skeletons and too many news organisations digging for dirt and there will be plenty. He can shout the press down now but it'll be much harder in a couple of weeks when he's standing next to the world's leaders

Like this titan ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPgiI46FCDU
    Pulps...your recent cheerleading of the vile Trump is growing worrying. Perhaps you should join Plato and MalcolmG for a night of mutual, repellant gloating.

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
  • Options
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Alanbrooke

The 'british source' isn't a GCHQ employee. He works for a commercial company, Orbis Intelligence. Obviously, a commercial company doesn't remain in business by letting their staff pursue private, unbilled, activity. They make their profits by acting on behalf of their customers. So, the important question is "Who is on the Orbis customer list, and who paid for this work?" If it happens to include the Democratic Party, George Soros or the Washington Post, the most probable conclusion would be that a dirty tricks operation was outsourced to the UK.

Former "Diplomat". He has been freelance for some time.
  • Options
    I have a little personality test for folk out there....those of you who find themselves cheering along Trump, who are drawn to him, like him, admire him, are happy he won.........sadly I think you have a little darkness about you....

The last POTUS, Jesus vs Hitler......

Jesus was a wishy, washy, weak minded, migrant loving, minority fawning, liberal, destroying the values of our country...Hitler will make the USA great again.

I kinda of know which side you Trump lovers would be on.....
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited January 2017
    Roger said:

I know but it's relative and Berlusconi has an engaging smile whereas Trump's is like a crocodile.

Berlusconi can certainly turn on the charm. I watched an interview with him (with subtitles) in which he told a lengthy joke against himself in a very charismatic way, getting the audience to identify with him and laugh with him.

The theme was "they all hate me, and yet I've escaped so many times; eventually they'll have to shoot me".

There was no element of the Trumpian "I'm great" or "I've got enormous assets", even if on other occasions Berlusconi has boasted of his sexual prowess.

Berlusconi is a thug (he once mimed shooting a journalist at a press conference, which might have been explainable as high spirits or showing off to Putin, who was also there, until you learn that by the next day her office had been shut down) and he is doubtless not a man one would want to cross, but still. A charmer. An uber-conman.

• Options
    tyson said:

I have a little personality test for folk out there....those of you who find themselves cheering along Trump, who are drawn to him, like him, admire him, are happy he won.........sadly I think you have a little darkness about you....

Jesus was a wishy, washy, weak minded, migrant loving, minority fawning, liberal, destroying the values of our country...Hitler will make the USA great again.

I reckon most US Jesus lovers voted for Trump
  • Options
    isam said:
    He looks like the character depicted in the Joy of Sex....

• Options
    tyson said:

from your previous posts you dont actually like Jesus .......
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    tyson said:

isam said:

Consistent Corbyn!

... with Diane Abbott?

World's shortest book
  • Options
    isam said:

tyson said:

best break that to rev jesse jackson
  • Options

Alanbrooke

Which makes you wonder why the fuck were our security services bothered about protecting his name? Complete numpties.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    The relaunch, having crashed on take off, is now on fire...

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/819294051782508556
  • Options

isam said:

tyson said:

best break that to rev jesse jackson
    How useful this is, I know not

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/
  • Options

tyson said:

Jesus is one of my philosophical heroes....and I think Pope Francis is the greatest living human in my lifetime. He stands alongside Mandela (denigrated too by the right) and Rabin.

I just don't do supernatural.

Obviously any practicing Christians cannot be drawn to the elitist, corrupted,bullying, racist, divisive, misogyny that Trump embodies.....
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    tlg86 said:
    Doesn't this mean HMG has just confirmed the ex-spook is indeed an ex-spook?
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

Jesus is one of my philosophical heroes....and I think Pope Francis is the greatest living human in my lifetime. He stands alongside Mandela (denigrated too by the right) and Rabin.

Obviously any practicing Christians cannot be drawn to the elitist, corrupted,bullying, racist, divisive, misogyny that Trump embodies.....
    why would they be drawn to the elitist, corrupted, bullying, irreligious, divisive feminism that is Hilary ?

frankly you'd vote for neither
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Roger said:

Roger said:

yadda

There's a subtle difference between being louche and entertaining like Berlusconi and being seedy like Trump. I'd be surprised if many are still being entertained by the American sleazball in a couple of months time
    I suspect the difference is not that subtle :-)

Anyway Jonathan has named the next Oscar winner "Carry on Roger". I suggest a cast as follows

Roger - Kenneth Williams
    TSE - Charles Hawtrey
    Southam Observer - Sid James
    SeanT - Barbara Windsor
    Alistair Meeks - Bernard Breslaw
    malcolmg - Jacob Rees Mogg

best film nailed on
    They don't like it up em.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    tyson said:

Millions of happy-clappers in the US would beg to disagree (this is not a defence of the man, merely a statement of fact.) Multiply this by ten once several social conservative justices have been appointed to the Supreme Court and Roe vs Wade is overturned.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    tyson said:

Since Jesus is 'God the Son' you can say the migrant lover has killed

Egyptians
    Amelekites
    Aradies
    Midianites
    Anakim
    Caananites
    Perrizites
    Moabites
    Philistines
    Ammonites
    Ephraimites
    Amelikites (again)
    Philistines (again)
    Moabites (including prisoners in breach of the Geneva convention)
    Moabites (again)
    Ethiopians

How many has Trump killed?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Loool - what times we live in
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,008
    Roger said:

tyson said:

Roger said:

Roger said:

yadda

Roger....Berlusconi is a sleazy, seedy, morally corrupted. He's not as aggressive, as much a bully, and vile as Trump...but he is a disgusting human being all the same.

Trump is completely repellant. At least Berlusconi probably enjoys good food and wine...Trump probably shoves steaks and fizzy drinks into that chasm of a gob
    I know but it's relative and Berlusconi has an engaging smile whereas Trump's is like a crocodile. Happy New Year by the way and let's hope at least one of the good guys gets in this year. I was told tonight that Marine Le Pen wouldn't make the last two which would be a small victory
    Given the latest poll has Le Pen leading round 1 that may be a little optimistic
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Floater said:

Loool - what times we live in
    It is indeed a boon for the popcorn industry.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    tyson said:

tyson said:

Love your enemies Tyson - even if they are tories :-)
  • Options
    rpjs said:

tlg86 said:
    Yes, not particularly smart. I suspect this is more to do with not wanting this to have anything to do with Britain. Too late.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    isam said:

tyson said:

isam said:

Consistent Corbyn!

... with Diane Abbott?

World's shortest book
    I dunno, at night all cats are grey, and who looks at the mantlepiece while poking the fire?

Though watersports are rather lost on me in terms of appeal. Anyone care to make a case for them?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

rpjs said:

tlg86 said:
    Yes, not particularly smart. I suspect this is more to do with not wanting this to have anything to do with Britain. Too late.
    Well it's nothing to do with HMG.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited January 2017
    tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

Which makes you wonder why the fuck were our security services bothered about protecting his name? Complete numpties.
    It's a standard measure for all ex-members of the intelligence services. At least in part to protect our families.

As people may have noticed, they're not really fit for purpose any longer.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

isam said:

tyson said:

isam said:

Consistent Corbyn!

... with Diane Abbott?

World's shortest book
    I dunno, at night all cats are grey, and who looks at the mantlepiece while poking the fire?

Though watersports are rather lost on me in terms of appeal. Anyone care to make a case for them?
    Very hygienic compared to many other paraphilias.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

tyson said:

tyson said:

why would they be drawn to the elitist, corrupted, bullying, irreligious, divisive feminism that is Hilary ?

frankly you'd vote for neither
    That's probably right. I was thankful not to be involved in that choice.

Good evening, everyone.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Roger said:

Lots of those skeletons are of the 'Piltdown Man' variety and will only be believed by those who want to believe in them.
  • Options
    John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

It's a standard measure for all ex-members of the intelligence services. At least in part to protect our families.
    Well they've kind of made things worse by confirming that it was an ex-member who is behind the report. Or is revealing that a D notice has been issued an offence in itself?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    weejonnie said:

tyson said:

Since Jesus is 'God the Son' you can say the migrant lover has killed

Egyptians
    Amelekites
    Aradies
    Midianites
    Anakim
    Caananites
    Perrizites
    Moabites
    Philistines
    Ammonites
    Ephraimites
    Amelikites (again)
    Philistines (again)
    Moabites (including prisoners in breach of the Geneva convention)
    Moabites (again)
    Ethiopians

How many has Trump killed?
    God the Son is very different to God the Father.

At no point does Jesus advocate violence or support others in acts of violence. The only possible exception is throwing the money changers out of the Temple, and that seemed to be injury to pride not person

The Old Testament is best understood as an evolving understanding of the nature of God, from the vengeful and partial tribal God of Genesis to the more remote and loving God of the later prophets. For example Jonah objected that God wanted him to warn the hated people of Nineveh, and when they were finally warned and repented of violence went into a sulk.

• Options
    tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

Well they've kind of made things worse by confirming that it was an ex-member who is behind the report. Or is revealing that a D notice has been issued an offence in itself?
    Back in the day, D-notices were classified in and of themselves. I don't know the current position.
  • Options
    John_M said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

Back in the day, D-notices were classified in and of themselves. I don't know the current position.
    Well Guido doesn't seem too bothered. Personally if this guy has ever done anything specific that might make him a target then he'd have been best retiring or moving into a low profile field rather than trying to earn a buck in the private investigation field.
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

What did Mandela actually do, ever, except lend his name to countless undergraduate common rooms?

What he didn't do was utter a word of protest while his wife practised and preached her campaign of necklacing her (poor, black) political opponents. On average a necklacing victim takes 20 minutes to die.

I am against torturing poor black people to death. Are you?
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited January 2017

isam said:

tyson said:

isam said:

Consistent Corbyn!

... with Diane Abbott?

World's shortest book

I was pondering the same. All I can think of is that it's about exerting power, or being in someone else's power by allowing them to perform (or performing) degrading acts. S&M with less pain and more cleaning bills.

Ick. Weird how the internet makes you feel odd by being the 'boring one' right up until the moment you realise that 99% of people are pretty boring too, and perfectly happy with it :)
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

Well Guido doesn't seem too bothered. Personally if this guy has ever done anything specific that might make him a target then he'd have been best retiring or moving into a low profile field rather than trying to earn a buck in the private investigation field.
    He needs either extraditing and prosecuting under the OSA, or polishing off by the double 0 branch, surely?
  • Options
    I see Shadsy has "totally false" and "fake news" in his Trump buzzword bingo at 5 and 6/1 respectively.

No price on "golden shower" "watersports" or "Putin's prostitutes" alas.
  • Options

the important question is "Who is on the Orbis customer list, and who paid for this work?"

Claims about a Russian blackmail tape were made in one of a series of reports written by a former British intelligence agent. As a member of MI6, he had been posted to the UK’s embassy in Moscow and now runs a consultancy giving advice on doing business in Russia. He spoke to a number of his old contacts in the FSB, the successor to the KGB, paying some of them for information. The Washington political research company that commissioned his report showed it to me during the final week of the election campaign... The opposition research firm that commissioned the report had worked first for a superPAC (political action committee) supporting Jeb Bush during the Republican primaries. Then during the general election, they were funded by an anonymous Democratic Party supporter.
    (per Paul Wood)

• Options
    edited January 2017
    tlg86 said:

rpjs said:

tlg86 said:
    Is it conceivable that HMG has been getting too close to the loony wing of the Republicans (again) and believing that Trump would be impeached in short order?
  • Options
    isam said:
    I wonder given situations like this is they should be able to nominate somebody to sit for them on their behalf. Not being able to turn up for work for 6+ months in most jobs, you would hire somebody to do that job in the meantime.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Ishmael_Z said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

He needs either extraditing and prosecuting under the OSA, or polishing off by the double 0 branch, surely?
    Has he broken the OSA? It sounds as if he was involved in private enterprise.

Not sure that death squads and extra judicial executions are the way to go post-Brexit. This is not the Philipines.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/29/philippines-duterte-threatens-throw-corrupt-officials-helicopter/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwjM-saMjbvRAhXMK8AKHb2tAFYQFghIMAU&usg=AFQjCNGPTMXKROvr7f0-vc2nVODbaYww_w&sig2=bVhNDGzPvdzBzoEYb77DHg
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. If Chris Steele plays his cards right he could get himself onto I'm a celebrity get me out of here
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    The release of this report is indirect fire: non intelligence agency source, non American.

Its the direct agency information, which knows plenty more Trump and his associations that Donald should be worried about.

He is though, worried, because he can guess at the possibility of a rolling campaign.

Remember he is all, in something goes badly wrong here its not only the job, its probably his businesses too.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

The release of this report is indirect fire: non intelligence agency source, non American.

Its the direct agency information, which knows plenty more Trump and his associations that Donald should be worried about.

He is though, worried, because he can guess at the possibility of a rolling campaign.

Remember he is all, in something goes badly wrong here its not only the job, its probably his businesses too.

With Trump only days away from taking office, why aren't they dropping the hammer on him? What are they waiting for?
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

Have you gamed what happens assuming none of it is true (which Trump would obviously know)?
  • Options
    By the way, before someone attempts to trash Chris Steele and they will try.
    He is considered, genuinely, a decent operator. I would suspect a little salesmanship on the number of people he knows directly on the SVR, GRU & FSB fulltime with pension rights payroll.

Some info I suspect was gleaned from people who no longer work in that business and possibly don't live in Russia anymore. That doesn't mean its not legit but it is of note.
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

Not sure that death squads and extra judicial executions are the way to go post-Brexit. This is not the Philipines.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/29/philippines-duterte-threatens-throw-corrupt-officials-helicopter/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwjM-saMjbvRAhXMK8AKHb2tAFYQFghIMAU&usg=AFQjCNGPTMXKROvr7f0-vc2nVODbaYww_w&sig2=bVhNDGzPvdzBzoEYb77DHg
    I am assuming that he used information to which he had been privy as a government employee, to find out whatever he has found out.
  • Options

Y0kel said:

With Trump only days away from taking office, why aren't they dropping the hammer on him? What are they waiting for?
    Because they are cautious and this is serious stakes. This is impeach or run out of office stuff, it has to be right and it has to be as laundered from source as Semion Mogilevich's money through a casino..like maybe one of Trump's casinos.

Other casinos are available.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

I am assuming that he used information to which he had been privy as a government employee, to find out whatever he has found out.
    I'm sure the spooks are looking into it. A trial might be too much publicity though.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Bloody hotel has a filter so I've had to purchase VPN time.

Otherwise, she said yes! Obviously there's no rush and I haven't even bought a proper ring, I explained that the one I proposed with is just silver and CZ before she realised and thought I'd taken leave of my senses.

Fiji is paradise. If you can wangle a trip here @SeanT then I heartily recommend it.

Haven't really kept up with the rest of the world, we're so isolated here. I watched BBC news for the first time since we got here and apparently Trump pissed on some hookers, but then it turned out to be fake news. Clearly not a lot has changed.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Because they are cautious and this is serious stakes. This is impeach or run out of office stuff, it has to be right and it has to be as laundered from source as Semion Mogilevich's money through a casino..like maybe one of Trump's casinos.

Other casinos are available.
    they have to get the timing right aswell. Wait untill he's in office and things have quiten down.
  • Options

Y0kel said:

Have you gamed what happens assuming none of it is true (which Trump would obviously know)?
    As it stands, Trump has an even chance of getting through with damage but still in the seat for four years. Second best result for his opponents is they neuter him as a threat to national security and get him to take care of his own country's interests first.

The chances of finishing him off are actually higher than neutering him but leaving him in place.

• Options
    MaxPB said:

Otherwise, she said yes! Obviously there's no rush and I haven't even bought a proper ring, I explained that the one I proposed with is just silver and CZ before she realised and thought I'd taken leave of my senses.

Fiji is paradise. If you can wangle a trip here @SeanT then I heartily recommend it.

Haven't really kept up with the rest of the world, we're so isolated here. I watched BBC news for the first time since we got here and apparently Trump pissed on some hookers, but then it turned out to be fake news. Clearly not a lot has changed.

Purchase VPN Time? Yearly subs to good VPNs are cheap as chips these days. $30-35.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,943
    Congrats Max.

Your forecasting powers proved right again. Huzzah!
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

I do not see how it can go badly wrong. Trump is 10 days away from the most powerful position in the world, ever. He has one hundred times as much power as any previous POTUS because they all had internal limits to the abuse of their position in the form of a conscience, a sense of shame, decency, or at least enough hypocrisy to behave as if those internal limits existed. Trump seems to have no sense of shame, and is therefore as powerful as a god. If credible HD footage now emerged of him outraging a goat and then killing, cooking and eating a newborn child, so what? It might not look too good for him, but what can anyone do about it? he just has to say "fake news" for another 10 days, and then he can do a Ford-Nixon deal and stand down on the promise of a pardon. The days of believing in the essential decency of the political classes are truly behind us.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    What are the odds on Pence becoming POTUS ?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

Alanbrooke

The 'british source' isn't a GCHQ employee. He works for a commercial .

I'm sure the spooks are looking into it. A trial might be too much publicity though.
    He seems to have left official employment by the government in 2009.

Labour longlist out for Copeland btw. Holliday or Troughton, I reckon.

http://labourlist.org/2017/01/exclusive-labours-longlist-for-copeland-by-election-revealed/
  • Options
    surbiton said:

What are the odds on Pence becoming POTUS ?

Trump to leave office via impeachment or resignation before end of 1st term: 11/10 with Ladbrokes.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Mortimer said:

Congrats Max.

Your forecasting powers proved right again. Huzzah!

Thanks! After almost 8 years together I almost felt ashamed for making her wait this long and being a bridesmaid at three weddings in the last two years. Almost.

MaxPB said:

Purchase VPN Time? Yearly subs to good VPNs are cheap as chips these days. $30-35.
    $4 for a week. Not bad tbh, I can get on all the betting websites now at least.
  • Options
    Just bear in mind, Orbis' work sets the hare running.

There is more detail and supporting info on Trumps relationship with the Russians, information held directly by Western agencies. Anyone thinks that they have just some stuff about his leisure pursuits in Moscow ..once...is like watching a film trailer and thinking the rest of the film will be as brilliant.

I did mention, twice on here if I recall correctly, that there was a rumour that an ostensibly friendly agency put out a buy request on the compromising material they believed was in someone's vault.

Doesn't sound so outlandish now, does it.

• Options
    Y0kel said:

He is considered, genuinely, a decent operator. I would suspect a little salesmanship on the number of people he knows directly on the SVR, GRU & FSB fulltime with pension rights payroll.

Some info I suspect was gleaned from people who no longer work in that business and possibly don't live in Russia anymore. That doesn't mean its not legit but it is of note.

Given the extent to which he has dropped his country into the cesspit for money, I think "was considered, genuinely, a decent operator" is nearer the mark.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Y0kel said:

Given the extent to which he has dropped his country into the cesspit for money, I think "was considered, genuinely, a decent operator" is nearer the mark.
    What has he done to damage Britain?

Damage Russia or Trumpistan possibly, but not Britain.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited January 2017
    re: Trump - did anyone ever find those photos of Dave with Miss Piggy?

A fledgling pattern of allegations when the Right win?
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Y0kel said:

There is more detail and supporting info on Trumps relationship with the Russians, information held directly by Western agencies. Anyone thinks that they have just some stuff about his leisure pursuits in Moscow ..once...is like watching a film trailer and thinking the rest of the film will be as brilliant.

I did mention, twice on here if I recall correctly, that there was a rumour that an ostensibly friendly agency put out a buy request on the compromising material they believed was in someone's vault.

Y0kel I respect you and you have posted a lot of useful stuff here. But I am having difficulty getting fully on board with this one. I'll wait until something truly concrete drops before deciding to get on board.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Y0kel said:

You talking about Trump?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    More interesting news for Labour:

https://twitter.com/MattSingh_/status/819305148304474112

How terrible. My heart bleeds.
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

Y0kel said:

Trumpistan = the USA, I am afraid, and Trump is POTUS in 10 days time. Gertting Trump pissed off with the UK is not necessarily in our best interest.

The fact that Trump is to be POTUS in 10 days time sadly outweighs by about a billion trillionfold the fact that we as pseudonymous commentators on a minority interest UK website think he is a vulgar buffoon with funny hair.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Y0kel said:

You talking about Trump?
    Steele.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited January 2017

Tories 14 points up with pensioners and level-ish with men.

Labour dependent on younger Welsh women.

(note: YG don't bother with Lib Dems any more - stuck in with the Greens, BNP and Bus Pass Elvis Party)
  • Options
    chestnut said:

re: Trump - did anyone ever find those photos of Dave with Miss Piggy?

A fledgling pattern of allegations when the Right win?

The Cameron Porcine Revalations were from Ascroft as I recal, not from a left wing source.

Orbis is hardly pinko territory either.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel I respect you and you have posted a lot of useful stuff here. But I am having difficulty getting fully on board with this one. I'll wait until something truly concrete drops before deciding to get on board.
    Based on the info so far, I get that, lot of dust going up around it.

Intelligence agencies trying to drop a president in it, they aren't going to just release it all. They can't. What does become clear is that certainly the GOP hierarchy was warned off about Trump by US agencies, which is possibly what triggered some of their number paying up to look into it and this now released report.

Based on what I've researched, the US has a president in a hostile nation's pocket, thats about it.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Single teenage mothers in Merthyr Tydfil for Labour?
  • Options
    Just read The Times article on all this Trump rubbish. Their suggestion at the end of the article sounds like the most logical, that the Russians have released it, but it's all a bunch of nothing they can deny they've released, but it will whip up a frenzy about the incoming POTUS and weaken America. Buzzfeed look like a right bunch of idiots for taking the bait. I don't think any British paper would print such allegations based on a single source report, neither would any of the proper news papers in the US. I'm sure that is why the Russians targeted Buzzfeed which is clearly run by morons and simpletons who are easy to manipulate. As a book I'm reading likes to say, they thought they were looking at the sky, but in fact they were looking at the stars reflected in a lake.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    edited January 2017
    Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

Intelligence agencies trying to drop a president in it, they aren't going to just release it all. They can't. What does become clear is that certainly the GOP hierarchy was warned off about Trump by US agencies, which is possibly what triggered some of their number paying up to look into it and this now released report.

Based on what I've researched, the US has a president in a hostile nation's pocket, thats about it.
    Rather perversely, Trump doesn't give an angels fart in damnation about accusations, rumour or published facts. He will bluster, rebuff and ignore.

Edit.I an trying to say: He is so compromised he can't be compromised
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

If the intelligence community wanted to sabotage a detente with Russia, isn't this the kind of thing they'd fabricate?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    chestnut said:

(note: YG don't bother with Lib Dems any more - stuck in with the Greens, BNP and Bus Pass Elvis Party)
    The Bus Pass Elvis Party is no more. Straws in the wind for the LibDems?
  • Options
    Well the broadcast media have had a collective meltdown tonight over Trump's press conference.

He is a very different politician to anyone I can recall and on the one hand his rebellion against the establishment will attract many and even become a cult figure but on the other hand he does leave an impression of someone who could do serious damage both at home and abroad.

I do have a very uneasy feeling about him
  • Options

Ishmael_Z said:

Y0kel said:

He gives the impression of being a silly venal dirty-minded gossip. Embarrassing the British intelligence should have employed such a gullible clown.
  • Options
    philiph said:

Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

Thank you. That puts the situation in a very elegant nutshell.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

My God, Trump is hilarious.

Scary, but hilarious.

The one thing the story has done is to completely eclipse Obama's farewell speech
  • Options

Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

If the intelligence community wanted to sabotage a detente with Russia, isn't this the kind of thing they'd fabricate?
    Why fabricate whats already there?
  • Options
    philiph said:

Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

Rather perversely, Trump doesn't give an angels fart in damnation about accusations, rumour or published facts. He will bluster, rebuff and ignore.

That only works if he is in control of his own destiny. With anyone, if enough shit piles up they loser that ability to decide, others take it.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    tyson said:

Jesus certainly wasn't weak minded (apart from a few hours on one night) whatever you might think.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

philiph said:

Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

That only works if he is in control of his own destiny. With anyone, if enough shit piles up they loser that ability to decide, others take it.
    Corbyn seems to defy that logic
  • Options

Y0kel said:

philiph said:

Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

Corbyn seems to defy that logic
    Corbyn is a small time waster, he can defy whatever, doesn't change the fundamental.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

philiph said:

Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

You are right, unless the rules have been changed, which I think ma have happened.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Scary, but hilarious.

The one thing the story has done is to completely eclipse Obama's farewell speech
    A little bit of me slightly admires Trump for telling parts of the media to simply F off. And part of me slightly thrills to his taboo-breaking.

A larger part of me is worried he might start a nuclear war. Hey ho.
    The only other proper nuclear power is Russia though.

And he is besties with Putin.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

philiph said:

Y0kel said:

MTimT said:

Y0kel said:

Thank you. That puts the situation in a very elegant nutshell.
    Pleased to be of service.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Scary, but hilarious.

A little bit of me slightly admires Trump for telling parts of the media to simply F off. And part of me slightly thrills to his taboo-breaking.

A larger part of me is worried he might start a nuclear war. Hey ho.
    Nuclear release procedures do take into account that the initiator might have become unhinged in one way or another. You can't just rock up to the office and press the button because someone burnt your porridge. I'm sure you're not really worried, but others might be!
This discussion has been closed.