Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Local By-Election Review 2016

13»

Comments

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Poor William Glenn - still very much in denial I see.

We will be leaving, deal with it.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,039
    Copeland has the highest salaries outside of London yet you can get a 3 bed terrace there for £60k.

It sounds like it gets buggery all in terms of investment, despite what must be an objectively very high income tax take per capita (See the mean wage). I suspect the median wage is quite a way off the mean.

And it must contain objectively the most polluted place in England as well as some of the most stunning countryside.

What a weird constituency.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,543
    Still subsiding the EU instead Alastair. I appreciate that it is frustrating. But we will get there eventually.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865

@Moses - If Obama is merely playing silly buggers Trump can easily sort it out. We'll see.

Unfortunately it won't be as easy as that. Trump if he follows through on this will end up in a stand off with Russia and even questioning his own election and this in the opening days of his administration.

Alternatively he can simply reverse the decision by reinstating the diplomats and everyone then shouts he is in the pocket of Putin.

Obama knows that very well as I am sure you also do.......
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,039
    Yaysus I hope 2049 doesn't do to Bladerunner what Crystal Skull has to Indiana Jones
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Still subsiding the EU instead Alastair. I appreciate that it is frustrating. But we will get there eventually.
    I think the standard answer is "we haven't left yet" :wink:
  • Options
    @Moses - It will depend on how Congress reacts. As both houses are under GOP control Trump will be fine if it's just a case of Obama playing silly buggers.

As the Olympic doping scandal shows, though, Russian denials are meaningless.
  • Options

@Moses - It will depend on how Congress reacts. As both houses are under GOP control Trump will be fine if it's just a case of Obama playing silly buggers.

As the Olympic doping scandal shows, though, Russian denials are meaningless.

Media and democrats combined you know it and I know it.

I am also surprised or perhaps not so surprised that those most vocal in their complaints about the Iraq 45 minute claim are now more than happy to accept anything that same agency says about Trump. Where's the proof? It Obama has it he should tell us particularly as this action was taken in the fag end days of his administration and seriously compromises the next administration as well as damages it by calling it into question.

Another leader did a similar trick in 2010 by hiking the highest rate of tax to 50%. It cost the country revenue yet every time the Coalition tried to reduce it Labour screamed Tories for the rich. Of course it had been 40% for the entire 3 Labour governments up until the last few days when Labour knew they were going to lose.

At least Obama has not reduced the POTUS salary by 25 % from day of his departure ......still time I guess?
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    The Russian Foreign Ministry site in Maryland is a genuine full-on intelligence gathering hub.

Obama for once isn't playing games, should have been done ages ago. The reason why it wasn't was Obama himself. who spent his time trying to ignore rampant Russian operations on his own patch, so as not to offend Russia. He will go down as one of the worst foreign policy presidents in US history but the damage is done now.

There are rules to the spying game and a community organiser from Illinois who thought he was a Nobel prize winner first and President second didn't get it.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited December 2016
    I love how PB thinks that Russia didn't hack the DNC/infer in the election, and that this concern among everyone is all down to Donald Trump winning and nothing else. There really are none so blind as those that will not see.

Yes the media, Democrats, CIA, and FBI (and some GOP senators) are all lying. They are all clearly wrong, and the one who we should all believe is Donald Trump/Russia. As one of the most unpopular incoming presidents in living memory, somehow I doubt many others will see it that way though.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

I love how PB thinks that Russia didn't hack the election, and that this concern among everyone is all down to Donald Trump winning and nothing else. There really are none so blind as those that will not see.

Yes the media, Democrats, CIA, and FBI (and some GOP senators) are all lying. They are all clearly wrong, and the one who we should all believe is Donald Trump/Russia. As one of the most unpopular incoming presidents in living memory, somehow I doubt many others will see it that way though.

"Hack the election"?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    RobD said:

I love how PB thinks that Russia didn't hack the election, and that this concern among everyone is all down to Donald Trump winning and nothing else. There really are none so blind as those that will not see.

"Hack the election"?
    Fine, hack the DNC. It was an allusion to their interference in the election.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,684

Uh?
  • Options

RobD said:

"Hack the election"?
    A tiny difference between the two! And I thought the FBI was less sure?

Anyway, the DNC only have themselves to blame. Lax security, and damaging emails!
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Y0kel said:

The Russian Foreign Ministry site in Maryland is a genuine full-on intelligence gathering hub.

Obama for once isn't playing games, should have been done ages ago. The reason why it wasn't was Obama himself. who spent his time trying to ignore rampant Russian operations on his own patch, so as not to offend Russia. He will go down as one of the worst foreign policy presidents in US history but the damage is done now.

There are rules to the spying game and a community organiser from Illinois who thought he was a Nobel prize winner first and President second didn't get it.

Everyone seems to forget what came before Obama. Bush fecked up on foreign policy and we still seeing his mistakes having an effect today.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    RobD said:

RobD said:

"Hack the election"?
    A tiny difference between the two! And I thought the FBI was less sure?

Anyway, the DNC only have themselves to blame. Lax security, and damaging emails!
    It's 12:49 at night. You're not going to get perfect posts at this time (especially with alcohol in my system).
    The DNC may well have themselves to blame, but it doesn't really justify Russia's actions.

Re the FBI: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/12/29/joint-dhs-odni-fbi-statement-russian-malicious-cyber-activity
  • Options
    nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Everyone seems to forget what came before Obama. Bush fecked up on foreign policy and we still seeing his mistakes having an effect today.
    Exactly. US Foreign policy has been a mess since Bush. I wonder why PB, are so keen to point out the Obama foreign policy mistakes, but not so keen to acknowledge Bush as a terrible foreign policy President?
  • Options

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Exactly. US Foreign policy has been a mess since Bush. I wonder why PB, are so keen to point out the Obama foreign policy mistakes, but not so keen to acknowledge Bush as a terrible foreign policy President?
    Because he left office eight years ago?
  • Options
    RobD said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

That doesn't stop people from talking about past figures on the left. It's particularly odd that Bush isn't mentioned, as nunu's stated the effects of his foreign policy are still being felt.
  • Options

RobD said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

That doesn't stop people from talking about past figures on the left. It's particularly odd that Bush isn't mentioned, as nunu's stated the effects of his foreign policy are still being felt.
    Past figures on the right are often mentioned too!
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    edited December 2016
    Nunu

That is plain balls.

Obama makes his own calls, he is the boss. He failed to make a firm call on anything. It took him about four goes to sanction the hit on Osama Bin Laden.

I've said it on here before, the Kremlin despises him because they see him as weak, indecisive and completely incapable of harnessing the US's power. Was Russian activity this high and this overt under Bush?

No, it wasn't.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Past figures on the right are often mentioned too!
    Yep, they are. And I hope we all continue to examine the legacies of figures from both the left and right as they effect us all.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,188
    Pulpstar said:

Yaysus I hope 2049 doesn't do to Bladerunner what Crystal Skull has to Indiana Jones

I am the only person I know who *likes* Crystal Skull. However I do hope Bladerunner 2049 has as little Harrison Ford as possible: he really is too old to do anything that involves standing or moving.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Yes, strange that, isn't it? Every time the 'even if you dare vote to leave economic armageddon will be unleashed' failure to materialise is mentioned, Remoaners chime in with 'we haven't left yet'......yet curiously forget that most other times.....
  • Options
    I used to be on the Cumbria LEP. There is a recognition that Cumbria's planned industrial expansion will need more workers than it will be able to provide from home grown sources. The conventional wisdom is that we need to up-skill our locals to take the best jobs and fill in the jobs at the bottom with immigrants (from home or abroad)
    But of course the public mood is exactly the other way around. Immigrants are accepted when they take the top jobs, yet resented when they do the menial ones.
    Go figure.
This discussion has been closed.