Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The LD demand for a 2nd referendum could have the same potency

1235»

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    October: "We will trigger Article 50 before the end of March "
    November: "We stand ready to trigger Article 50 by end of March"
    #brexitology

Ready, unwilling and disabled.
  • Options

It will matter if we are fully out. Unless you believe that it is doomed before 2019.

We were fully out for hundreds of years. It didn't stop us from being embroiled in European wars and revolutions and it wouldn't in the future.
    Still infinitely less damaging to be embroiled from the outside than being captured and involved in the inside. As much as we suffered in the World Wars etc those on the continent suffered much worse. Same if the EU collapses we will be infinitely better off outside and caught in the aftermath than inside and part of the implosion.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

I fail to see a difference. Those are synonymous.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

Good job Dozy Dave triggered it on June 24th as he promised.
  • Options

It will matter if we are fully out. Unless you believe that it is doomed before 2019.

We were fully out for hundreds of years. It didn't stop us from being embroiled in European wars and revolutions and it wouldn't in the future.
    Still infinitely less damaging to be embroiled from the outside than being captured and involved in the inside. As much as we suffered in the World Wars etc those on the continent suffered much worse. Same if the EU collapses we will be infinitely better off outside and caught in the aftermath than inside and part of the implosion.
    In the EU or out of it, the English Channel will still be there.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

From Brendan O'Neill

As fun as it is to watch those anti-Trump demos on which white people carry placards slagging off white people, and to read white columnists raging against white rage, and to see white women in the press tearing their hair out over white women who voted for Trump, it’s time to take down the modern left’s obsession with white people.

For following Trump’s shock ascendancy to the White House – another WHITE institution – it’s become clear what all this ‘white people’ talk really represents. It’s not a radical, post-racist attempt to expose where power lies in society and discuss how it might be challenged. On the contrary, it’s a racially charged, dehumanising expression of class contempt by well-connected white people, and some non-whites, for the wrong kind of white people: bad whites; unthinking whites; the dim or undeserving poor; or what used to be known, in times when vile elitism at least had the decency to be honest, as ‘the underclass’.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/everyone-needs-to-stop-talking-about-white-people-trump/19008#.WC8MiFmnxTf

e's got a lot of words, ol. brendan. many of them self contradictory. as long as he's keeping you entertained
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    edited November 2016
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

Hang on, I don't get it. Has something has changed. That can't be right.

Obviously we must have complete and total trust in the government. We must never ask questions lest we damage the negotiating position.

But it's almost as if that things might not be totally super. I don't get it.

... If they now stand ready, were they sitting down before?

• Options
    Jonathan said:

FF43 said:

What is it with Brexiteers arse crawling the US Right?

https://twitter.com/DanielJHannan/status/799595434331095040

He's looking for a new job. Flattery doesn't get you everywhere, but it helps.
    Is there any point whatsoever talking to Ted Cruz? He'd be better off talking to Nigel.
    Yes of course there is. Any trade deal will need to be ratified by the Senate.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

i don't know the context, but as presented the meaning is quite different
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    This is so out of control

"22-year-old Michael Banerian, one of Michigan’s 16 Electoral College voters, told the Detroit News that he has received a deluge of hateful messages from leftists, including numerous death threats.

“I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive,” said Banerian, adding that he has been labeled a “hateful bigot” by the same people who are violently threatening him.

The Detroit News verified that in one of the emails, a Hillary supporter vowed to “put a bullet” in his mouth, while Michigan Republican Party spokeswoman Sarah Anderson said that other electors “are also receiving threats”.

http://www.infowars.com/anti-trump-protesters-threaten-to-put-a-bullet-in-the-brain-of-michigan-elector/
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    PlatoSaid said:

"22-year-old Michael Banerian, one of Michigan’s 16 Electoral College voters, told the Detroit News that he has received a deluge of hateful messages from leftists, including numerous death threats.

“I’ve had people talk about shoving a gun in my mouth and blowing my brains out. And I’ve received dozens and dozens of those emails. Even the non-threatening-my-life emails are very aggressive,” said Banerian, adding that he has been labeled a “hateful bigot” by the same people who are violently threatening him.

The Detroit News verified that in one of the emails, a Hillary supporter vowed to “put a bullet” in his mouth, while Michigan Republican Party spokeswoman Sarah Anderson said that other electors “are also receiving threats”.

http://www.infowars.com/anti-trump-protesters-threaten-to-put-a-bullet-in-the-brain-of-michigan-elector/

False flag.
  • Options
    There's a tiny difference between those statements. Only someone who considers a 0.1% rise a spike in inflation would consider the meaning to be dissimilar.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,069

There's a tiny difference between those statements. Only someone who considers a 0.1% rise a spike in inflation would consider the meaning to be dissimilar.

I hate people who say "the inflation rate doubled", when they mean it ticked up an almost infinitesimal amount.
  • Options
    TonyETonyE Posts: 938
    Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

False flag.
    Why are you so sure?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Off topic - Betfair mobile seems to be incredibly difficult to use for anything other than horses or football betting
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

False flag.
    There has been a campaign by Clinton voters to try and get electoral college voters to back Clinton. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of them were a bit crazy. Look at the videos of people abusing Trump voters.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@smashmorePH: MPs vote 253 to 37 on second reading Pat Glass' Private Member's Bill, designed to reverse the Govt's boundary changes

Labour on a 3 line whip apparently

On a Private Member's bill? Not an opposition day motion?
  • Options
    TonyE said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

False flag.
    Why are you so sure?
    We live in a post fact world now. I can say anything and it has to be taken as true otherwise I go in a huff.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:
    And yet Anthony Weiner is not on the list.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

False flag.
    There has been a campaign by Clinton voters to try and get electoral college voters to back Clinton. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of them were a bit crazy. Look at the videos of people abusing Trump voters.
    The enthusiasts on both sides come across equally badly. Although I find the overseas enthusiasts, particularly those lacking votes, a significantly stranger breed.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

Pasty Scott re-pasting tweets from his oracle, Faisal.
  • Options
    Mr. 1000, a few years ago ITV News ran a story with rising inflation (think it was 3% then), saying it was at a two year high. Moments later the newsreader said prices were 'rising like never before'.

No, goldfish-brain. Rising like two years ago.

Mind you, that's not as facepalmtastic as when Sky News claimed a terrorist attack had seen the first beheading in France's history.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:
    Clinton faked the moon landings, was behind the grassy knoll and shot Arch Duke Ferdinand. FACT!
  • Options
    matt said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

False flag.
    The enthusiasts on both sides come across equally badly. Although I find the overseas enthusiasts, particularly those lacking votes, a significantly stranger breed.
    Very strange. At least with 619 one gathers he was being paid for it.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    rcs1000 said:

I hate people who say "the inflation rate doubled", when they mean it ticked up an almost infinitesimal amount.
    It is very frustrating. When I used to work in retail consulting I heard some great stories about overreliance on %s in marking decisions on margins, profits etc
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,369

Mortimer said:

Justin - do you canvass or talk politics in the street? The reason I ask is that the general reaction to the Labour Party is laughter, outside of big cities.

No it isn't - not in the WWC East Midlands division where I'm canvassing, at least. Perhaps we're all projecting our own contact circles - do you do much canvassing?

As I said the other day, though, quite a few people who usually lean Labour nonetheless think May has been not too bad so far - Brexit but not bonkers - though they do wonder what she'll deliver.
    You need to get out and talk to the WWC.. mention Corbyn and you'll understand. The WWC I come into contact with think Corbyn is a joke. They wont vote Labour whilst he is leader. That's why the 33% figure for Labour VI is a joke.
    If you knew Eastwood you'd know it's overwhelmingly WWC, and they're the people I'm talking to - got back from several hours there this morning. You're mostly mistaken as far as they're concerned (not entirely, but 90% - conversely people attracted because of him are also infrequent in the division). Quite possibly the people you talk to feel differently. It's a mistake to lump all WWC voters into one basket - they vary, just like every other ethnic group.

But we don't have to convince each other, eh?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

I just had to explain to a friend that the tax rate wouldn't need to double for the amount of tax paid to double.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Clinton stabbed Caesar FACT!
    Escariot translated into English is Clinton FACT!
    The snake in the Garden of Eden came from Whitewater petting zoo, run by the Clintons FACT!
    PlatoSaid said:
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,715

Mortimer said:

Justin - do you canvass or talk politics in the street? The reason I ask is that the general reaction to the Labour Party is laughter, outside of big cities.

No it isn't - not in the WWC East Midlands division where I'm canvassing, at least. Perhaps we're all projecting our own contact circles - do you do much canvassing?

As I said the other day, though, quite a few people who usually lean Labour nonetheless think May has been not too bad so far - Brexit but not bonkers - though they do wonder what she'll deliver.
    You need to get out and talk to the WWC.. mention Corbyn and you'll understand. The WWC I come into contact with think Corbyn is a joke. They wont vote Labour whilst he is leader. That's why the 33% figure for Labour VI is a joke.
    If you knew Eastwood you'd know it's overwhelmingly WWC, and they're the people I'm talking to - got back from several hours there this morning. You're mostly mistaken as far as they're concerned (not entirely, but 90% - conversely people attracted because of him are also infrequent in the division). Quite possibly the people you talk to feel differently. It's a mistake to lump all WWC voters into one basket - they vary, just like every other ethnic group.

Nick - surely most WWC voters are at work on a Friday morning? Weren't you speaking to the Underclass?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:
    Not yet.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:
    Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:
    I doubt if he's long for this world. He'll vanish in an acid bath in the Yellowstone National Park.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Jonathan said:

PlatoSaid said:
    Clinton faked the moon landings, was behind the grassy knoll and shot Arch Duke Ferdinand. FACT!
    I'd still rather open a tomb in the Valley of the Kings than be in the Clinton Circle....
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Mr. 1000, a few years ago ITV News ran a story with rising inflation (think it was 3% then), saying it was at a two year high. Moments later the newsreader said prices were 'rising like never before'.

No, goldfish-brain. Rising like two years ago.

Mind you, that's not as facepalmtastic as when Sky News claimed a terrorist attack had seen the first beheading in France's history.

One 'blooper' I heard was when one of the Kennedys was lost at sea in a plane. it was the format.

"Jackie Kennedy speaking about her unspeakable loss."
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Richard Nixon said once "The rate of increase in inflation is decreasing". Which as someone commented was the first time a 4th differential had been used in politics.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

Obviously we must have complete and total trust in the government. We must never ask questions lest we damage the negotiating position.

You are advocating they should ignore the courts if the judgement goes against them?
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Jonathan said:

The snake in the Garden of Eden came from Whitewater petting zoo, run by the Clintons FACT!

PlatoSaid said:
    I guess this explains why you champion Gordon Brown, the worst PM in living memory, if not ever.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

PlatoSaid said:
    I guess this explains why you champion Gordon Brown, the worst PM in living memory, if not ever.
    Your sarcasm is so dead pan. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

No - they now have a cunning plan.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

@smashmorePH: MPs vote 253 to 37 on second reading Pat Glass' Private Member's Bill, designed to reverse the Govt's boundary changes

The votes against give a good indication of how seriously the government's taking it. One way or another, it'll never be law.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    PlatoSaid said:
    In all seriousness, Kanye West is an immensely successful businessman/celebrity, polarising, charismatic - not a world apart from Trump himself, so I can see why he would prefer him. Kanye4Prez2024 is the one to watch!
  • Options

Kanye4Prez2024 is the one to watch!

Saying in effect that the people were right shows he has some political antennae.
  • Options
    Watched Sarah Champion on the BBC earlier talking about the Child Abuse Inquiry. She managed to get Alexis Jay, Amber Rudd and Orgreave all in the same sentence. I see other Labour MPs touring the media knifing Alexis Jay.

I fully expect the name Michael Mansfield QC to be mentioned by Labour, if it hasn't already. So much for the faux outrage about "survivors." They just never learn.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

@faisalislam:
    #brexitology

You are advocating they should ignore the courts if the judgement goes against them?
    Are you sympathetic to the Peter Hitchens view that the only (legitimate) way to get out of the EU is to elect a parliament that is committed to doing so?
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

rcs1000 said:

Richard Nixon said once "The rate of increase in inflation is decreasing". Which as someone commented was the first time a 4th differential had been used in politics.
    I make that a third differential

Price
    1st: Inflation
    2nd: Inflation increasing
    3rd: Rate of increase of inflation
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,736

Scott_P said:

The votes against give a good indication of how seriously the government's taking it. One way or another, it'll never be law.
    You mean that the new boundaries will be zombie-fied again, or that the private members bill will fail (and thus the new boundaries will go through)
  • Options

Watched Sarah Champion on the BBC earlier talking about the Child Abuse Inquiry. She managed to get Alexis Jay, Amber Rudd and Orgreave all in the same sentence. I see other Labour MPs touring the media knifing Alexis Jay.

I fully expect the name Michael Mansfield QC to be mentioned by Labour, if it hasn't already. So much for the faux outrage about "survivors." They just never learn.

If there hadn't been the ridiculous outcry about Fiona Woolf being an acquaintance of Leon Brittan we'd be in a much better place.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Scott_P said:

Good to see someone in Labour still knows how to panic about something worth panicking about....
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

If there hadn't been the ridiculous outcry about Fiona Woolf being an acquaintance of Leon Brittan we'd be in a much better place.
    Or the ridiculous outcry about Baroness Butler-Shloss being Lord Havers's sister. But the whole process was ridiculous from the start.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited November 2016
    Young Tim Farron was moved by the screening of Cathy Come Home. (four years before he was born).

https://twitter.com/timfarron/status/798919423214178304

Almost as good as Blair watching Milburn scoring those goals.

• Options
    dr_spyn said:

Young Tim Farron was moved by the screening of Cathy Come Home.

It motivated him to be born unto this earth.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    Lennon said:

Scott_P said:

You mean that the new boundaries will be zombie-fied again, or that the private members bill will fail (and thus the new boundaries will go through)
    There will probably be a three line govt whip on the third reading.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Young Tim Farron was moved by the screening of Cathy Come Home. (four years before he was born).

If only there was a way we could see programmes which had already been aired.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b007492r/the-wednesday-play-cathy-come-home
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

It is an incontrovertible fact, known to all Guardianistas, that Cathy Come Home was about the Thatcher years.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

My memory of Cathy film was that it was re-shown a couple of times by BBC when I was just about old enough to see it in the 1970s. According to wikipedia it was rebroadcast 11 August 1976. So Farron would be too young.

But, it was shown again by Ch4 in 1990s as part of a season on homelessness.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited November 2016

dr_spyn said:

My memory of Cathy film was that it was re-shown a couple of times by BBC when I was just about old enough to see it in the 1970s. According to wikipedia it was rebroadcast 11 August 1976. So Farron would be too young.

It has been shown many times. Tim Farron didn't say he watched it when it was first broadcast.
  • Options

As Brittan has now been cleared, can't she be reappointed?
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    dr_spyn said:

Not the first time he's mentioned this.

"What made you go into politics?
    I joined Shelter after watching a repeat of Cathy Come Home on TV."

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2012/04/mp-interview-tim-farron

"After the first transmission in 1966, the play was repeated on BBC1 on 11 January 1967, 13 November 1968 and again on BBC2 on 11 August 1976. It was also screened by Channel 4 on 31 March 1993 as part of a season of programmes on homelessness, and by BBC Four in a season on the same subject in 2006. BBC Four also aired this drama on 5 and 11 June 2003 (shown as part of Time Shift). On 31 July 2016 it was repeated on BBC Four as part of a retrospective on 1966 & repeated again on BBC Four on 13 November 2016."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Come_Home
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Wasn't he home secretary at the time that Geoffrey Dickens was supposed to have handed in his dossier? That would probably be enough to get her thrown out again.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,075

dr_spyn said:

My primary school (private) played it to us, along with the excellent 'Kes' and a couple of others (I think "A Day in the Death of Joe Egg" was one, and p'haps 'The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner').

Kes really stuck with me. The others... less so.
  • Options

Would she even want the gig now? I can't imagine it was a pleasant experience for her.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    François Fillon is now in to 4.5 (midprice) at Betfair.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002

weejonnie said:

rcs1000 said:

Price
    Inflation
    Increase in inflation
    Rate of increase in inflation
    Decrease in rate ?
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,505

dr_spyn said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b007492r/the-wednesday-play-cathy-come-home
    This illustrates one of the problems with Twitter. In an essay, Tim would probably tell us the circumstances in which he first watched it. But in 140 characters, he misses these details out and so sounds like a dick.
    It's very difficult to convey anything other than the rawly factual (a la Britain elects) in a single tweet and NOT risk sounding like a dick.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Would she even want the gig now? I can't imagine it was a pleasant experience for her.
    Probably not. Given the reaction of the Shirley Oaks group, you do wonder whether there's any value in the thing at all. They seem happy enough just publishing their own 'report'.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Pulpstar said:

weejonnie said:

rcs1000 said:

Price
    Inflation
    Increase in inflation
    Decrease in rate ?
    Depends if he meant that the rate of increase in inflation was decreasing at an increasing rate? Or merely that it (the rate of increase of inflation) was negative.
  • Options
    New thread
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

weejonnie said:

rcs1000 said:

Price
    Inflation
    Increase in inflation
    Decrease in rate ?
    That's just a negative number, not another differential.

Let's say inflation

0.1%, 0.4%, 0.6%, 0.7%

Increase in inflation

0.3%, 0.2%, 0.1%

Thus the rate of increase in inflation is decreasing.

I assume what Nixon meant was that although the inflation rate was still rising, at least it was rising slower.

• Options
    JonathanD said:

dr_spyn said:

"After the first transmission in 1966, the play was repeated on BBC1 on 11 January 1967, 13 November 1968 and again on BBC2 on 11 August 1976. It was also screened by Channel 4 on 31 March 1993 as part of a season of programmes on homelessness, and by BBC Four in a season on the same subject in 2006. BBC Four also aired this drama on 5 and 11 June 2003 (shown as part of Time Shift). On 31 July 2016 it was repeated on BBC Four as part of a retrospective on 1966 & repeated again on BBC Four on 13 November 2016."

According to wikipedia Farron claims to have joined the LibDems at age 16, so that would be 1986.

So, when was Cathy screened in around 1985 or 86 such that he was fired up to join Shelter and then LibDems?

He says it was on TV and therefore not a repeat shown at school as Mr Jessop mentions.

• Options
    Cookie said:

This illustrates one of the problems with Twitter. In an essay, Tim would probably tell us the circumstances in which he first watched it. But in 140 characters, he misses these details out and so sounds like a dick.
    It's very difficult to convey anything other than the rawly factual (a la Britain elects) in a single tweet and NOT risk sounding like a dick.

The only people who seem to have mastered Twitter stylistically are Donald Trump and Rupert Murdoch.
  • Options

New thread

From the man himself!
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    Cookie said:

dr_spyn said:

Let's face it - with or without twitter - Tim Farron is a dick!
  • Options

JonathanD said:

dr_spyn said:

According to wikipedia Farron claims to have joined the LibDems at age 16, so that would be 1986.

So, when was Cathy screened in around 1985 or 86 such that he was fired up to join Shelter and then LibDems?

He says it was on TV and therefore not a repeat shown at school as Mr Jessop mentions.
    I wouldn't be so sure... 'on TV' could be a TV pulled into the classroom. That's different from 'Live TV'.

That makes me wonder: I would have seen them in the 1979 to 1982 timeframe - i.e. before VHS (I think). What would they have played them off?
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

dr_spyn said:

My primary school (private) played it to us, along with the excellent 'Kes' and a couple of others (I think "A Day in the Death of Joe Egg" was one, and p'haps 'The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner').

Golly, your primary school must have been posh. At mine we had a piece of classical music on the gramophone at morning assembly (followed by an explanation as to the composer and why that piece was significant) and that was it in terms of external audio-visual content.

That said I was probably a couple of decades before you.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Nick - surely most WWC voters are at work on a Friday morning? Weren't you speaking to the Underclass?
    I don't want to get all prolier-than-thou - but many WWC work hours other than Mon-Fri 9-5.30. In fact, there's probably an argument that work patterns are a better indication of class nowadays than income.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Golly, your primary school must have been posh. At mine we had a piece of classical music on the gramophone at morning assembly (followed by an explanation as to the composer and why that piece was significant) and that was it in terms of external audio-visual content.

I'd never go to a *posh* school Mr L. I am a pleb, after all ... ;)
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Messrs Palmer and Rentool,

"Nick - surely most WWC voters are at work on a Friday morning? Weren't you speaking to the Underclass?"

I suspect we all live in our own bubble. But judging by my Face Book friends, there are a few Jezzarites - and they also tend to be strong Brexiteers.

But when push comes to shove, the Brexit bit is the strongest. I also suspect that's why Kinnock Jr and John McDonnell have begun to get the message - they're pedalling back as fast as they can on blocking Article 50.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

dr_spyn said:

My primary school was not in the least bit posh - I'd go as far as to say it was terrible (this was the early 80s and uselessness was very much in vogue in teaching) -,and yet telly played quite a large part in the weekly pattern of school life. probably because it let the teachers off having to do any teaching for half an hour or so.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

weejonnie said:

rcs1000 said:

Price
    We are seeing a moderation in the rate at which the increase in inflation is decelerating?
This discussion has been closed.