Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Dramatic developments in the White House Race as FBI announces

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    Andrew said:

So, emails not written by Clinton, discovered in the Weiner case.

How does this damage Clinton directly? Maybe one of the aides gets charged?

There were some revelations about Huma Abedin's role in the Clintons' money making activities in the last few days. If she goes down it will be very damaging to Clinton.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Looks like the emails in question may have come from Anthony Weiner and (separated) wife Huma Abedin.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

I see pb.com is overreacting again. Any other GOP candidate would be able to capitalise on this story, but trump will mess even this up.

Video of Clinton comatose being dragged into a van. Dynamite - should have won Trump the election .

News that Clinton has emails. Damp squid. So far.
    SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

Sorry, it's a bugbare of mine.

;)
    Bugbear surely while you are correcting Pong.......

But squid is rather yummy when its moist and not rubbery. I eat seafood and squid is one of my luxuries.....
    The vegetarian who tucks into an animal with 3 hearts and 1000 chromosones :o !
    I think molluscs may reasonably be counted as vegetables!

I once went to a Braai in South Africa where the boers put some chicken on as a vegetable.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    edited October 2016
    Will Hilary finish up the first POTUS to be put in the Clink? :smiley:
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited October 2016

MP_SE said:

How amusing. Sexual predator Anthony Weiner's inability to control his disgusting urges could torpedo Clinton's chances at becoming president.

A chance for Trump to reprise one of his funniest moments of the campaign?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10sm-Cf5MG4
    I think Trump is an idiot but he does come out with some amusing stuff:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/326793109189062657
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

I see pb.com is overreacting again. Any other GOP candidate would be able to capitalise on this story, but trump will mess even this up.

Video of Clinton comatose being dragged into a van. Dynamite - should have won Trump the election .

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

But squid is rather yummy when its moist and not rubbery. I eat seafood and squid is one of my luxuries.....
    Well thank you very friggin much Pulps...I already have a very restricted diet for moral reasons (I would love to eat a bacon butty), and now you have just turned me against one of my favourite dishes and made me feel very guilty......
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Amazon is selling The Ice Twins for $1.99 as one of its Kindle Deals of the Day.

Is it a Clintonian plot to divert attention from the FBI potentially re-opening its Clinton email investigation?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Tim_B said:

Looks like the emails in question may have come from Anthony Weiner and (separated) wife Huma Abedin.

Abedin belongs to Trump's favourite Abrahamic religion I see ;)
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,554
    Tim_B said:

I hope the agents examining Weiner's email are well paid.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

How amusing. Sexual predator Anthony Weiner's inability to control his disgusting urges could torpedo Clinton's chances at becoming president.

I think Trump is an idiot but he does come out with some amusing stuff:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/326793109189062657
    Reduces the competition for Trump, I guess. Or is only blood relatives?
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Amazon is selling The Ice Twins for $1.99 as one of its Kindle Deals of the Day.

Is this a hot deal alert or a moment of Schadenfreude?

https://web.cs.dal.ca/~johnston/poetry/bookofmyenemy.html
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)
    This couldn't be much more relevant:
    https://youtu.be/XnXKVY-_i2c
  • Options

Dromedary said:

Does anyone still think Trump isn't in with a chance? He's even donned a tie that's similar to an Old Etonian one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVpKuUKHNoE

tyson said:

If Theresa May has the skill, intelligence, temperament and ability to chart the choppy waters ahead I will be amazed......my tip is that she will fall faster than a whore's drawers when it all comes to crap, but I may be wrong....

She and Johnson will be gone by the end of next year at the latest. They will be a footnote: "remember the crazy year when that pair were in office and some people even thought they were competent?"

You are just being silly and prejudiced.

Interesting that in Northern Ireland today the Courts ruled that TM can invoke A50 under perogative. powers. It is being appealed and of course there are cases going through in the UK but by Xmas it is more than likely that TM will be given the all clear to serve A50 by the end of March 2017 as she has said
    The judgment actually said that Britain's international obligations under the Anglo-Irish agreement did not prevent Britain from leaving the EU, nor require a vote in parliament. There may of course be other reasons it requires a vote, just not those ones.

And what may I say a load of utter b*******ks the claimant's case was.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    glw said:

Tim_B said:

I pity them; he is one sick puppy.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

Well thank you very friggin much Pulps...I already have a very restricted diet for moral reasons (I would love to eat a bacon butty), and now you have just turned me against one of my favourite dishes and made me feel very guilty......
    Herring. It's a swimming carrot.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

I once went to a Braai in South Africa where the boers put some chicken on as a vegetable.
    That was like my recently departed mum, bless her...she just couldn't comprehend the fact that I didn't eat meat. Everytime I saw her in those last years she had cooked and put chicken somewhere.

But squid.... it doesn't take much to convince me that eating something is wrong...
  • Options
    matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

Oi! Carrots have feelings too!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,167
    edited October 2016
    This news reminds me of the 'drunk drive' charge which emerged on George W Bush days before the 2000 election, he went from a narrow lead to losing the popular vote to Al Gore as a result. A Trump popular vote win and Hillary electoral college win must not now be completely beyond the bounds of possibility
  • Options

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

What's orange and goes 70mph underground?

-an E Type carrot..... schoolboy humor from the 60s.
  • Options

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

You are Prince Charles and and I claim my republicanism is good argument.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

That was like my recently departed mum, bless her...she just couldn't comprehend the fact that I didn't eat meat. Everytime I saw her in those last years she had cooked and put chicken somewhere.

But squid.... it doesn't take much to convince me that eating something is wrong...
    Didn't some country declare vegetarianism a mental illness?
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    Pulpstar said:

Tim_B said:

Abedin belongs to Trump's favourite Abrahamic religion I see ;)
    Well they wouldn't allow a christian arab...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

glw said:

Tim_B said:

I don't have much sympathy for him, but he's plainly got some sort of compulsion that results in him doing the same stupid shit again and again. Wikipedia has a page for his sexting scandals, he's been caught three times now.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    Hardly news - she usually travels with Hillary.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

Didn't some country declare vegetarianism a mental illness?
    Meat is murder according to a prominent Brexiteer.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

glw said:

Tim_B said:

You would have to assume the e-mails - even if they are only three and come from Humi Abdein / Weiner - have some sort of relevance. There is no way that the FBI Director would have written to Congress and this close to an election if it was a case of "Well, we found these three e-mails, probably nothing but we thought we had better be hyper-cautious".

If there are three e-mails. they would have worked out the content and the relevance very quickly. If they were lame as some at the NYT are stating, then Comey is putting his head on the line for nothing.

Sounds like we should be focusing less on the "just" three e-mails and the Anthony Weiner and more on what exactly could be in those texts - asking for a pardon for Weiner / the investigation into him to be stopped.....?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited October 2016
    Tim_B said:

hi what was your feeling whilst waiting to vote in line in Geordia yesterday. Thanx.

Don't think this will sink Clinton, the media will be obsessed with sex part of the story.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

In the war, Magdalen College (supposedly) classified the deer of its famous deer park as vegetables, so as to avoid being required to hand them over to the Ministry of Food.
  • Options
    glw said:

rcs1000 said:

glw said:

Tim_B said:

I don't have much sympathy for him, but he's plainly got some sort of compulsion that results in him doing the same stupid shit again and again. Wikipedia has a page for his sexting scandals, he's been caught three times now.
    He put wifi in his underpants - they're called wi fronts :wink:
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,593
    rcs1000 said:

glw said:

Tim_B said:

Can they just lock him up in a Super Max somewhere? Please?
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,727
    Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

And 'What's green and goes 70 mph underground?
    - a Lettuce Elan.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,563
    Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited October 2016
    Freggles said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)
    This couldn't be much more relevant:
    https://youtu.be/XnXKVY-_i2c
    Glad a few people on here appreciate my sense of humour

Works better when scripted ;)
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,453
    "Nissan got a sweetheart deal. Under hard Brexit, everyone will want one" - Simon Jenkins

"The idea that industry minister Greg Clark could have got away with “just trust me” is ludicrous. Clark’s reported guarantee of continuing “competitiveness”, plus subsidies for training and other forms of job support, must have been expressed in bankable terms."

"Ever since the industrial revolution, free trade has been one of the greatest boons that politics has brought to mankind. The idea that it should start to unravel within the European cradle of that revolution is appalling. Soft Brexit is a no-brainer. Britain has to trade openly with Europe and Europe with Britain."
  • Options

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?
    All squids are damp.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    IanB2 said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?
    All squids are damp.
    A bit more wet than damp. Especially in Tyson's world!
  • Options
    nunu said:

Tim_B said:

hi what was your feeling whilst waiting to vote in line in Geordia yesterday. Thanx.

Don't think this will sink Clinton, the media will be obsessed with sex part of the story.
    There was no line. Had to wait a couple of minutes.

The 'sex' part of the story has gone away, because Trump has stopped talking about it. This FBI story has crowded everything else off the air. Also for the first time both the NY Times and Wall Street Journal had front page stories yesterday on the corruption at the Clinton Foundation. The Foundation and the FBI story are dominating the news.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

The boers were just taking the mickey it that light of touch manner so common to them :-)

It was a magnificent braai in a mountain hut in Malawi. We cooked over an open fire, below the Southern Cross looking up at the milky way, talking theology and politics. Then got up before dawn the next day to climb the mountain in the dark over slippery rocks, to watch the dawn break. SeanT with his five star flunkies has no idea of the real joys of travel.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

- a Lettuce Elan.
    I'd forgotten that one!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    IanB2 said:

"Nissan got a sweetheart deal. Under hard Brexit, everyone will want one" - Simon Jenkins

"The idea that industry minister Greg Clark could have got away with “just trust me” is ludicrous. Clark’s reported guarantee of continuing “competitiveness”, plus subsidies for training and other forms of job support, must have been expressed in bankable terms."

"Ever since the industrial revolution, free trade has been one of the greatest boons that politics has brought to mankind. The idea that it should start to unravel within the European cradle of that revolution is appalling. Soft Brexit is a no-brainer. Britain has to trade openly with Europe and Europe with Britain."

You make me struggle. Reasonable argument but Jenkins is one of the most intellectually overrated journalists of this age. The Times had its nadir under his editorship. I can only assume that he has the negatives.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,422
    matt said:

Charles said:

A less hysterical take:
    https://thinkprogress.org/the-fbi-directors-letter-about-the-clinton-emails-says-a-lot-less-than-the-media-wants-you-to-aa61e81e5a97#.4bp93pcpp
    But it doesn't matter. It's the coverage that counts. Hillary could just have lost this now.

Trump supporters chanting 'lock her up, lock her up'

In future years there will be a whole masters course on 'politics 2015-2016'

This and TSE's below re. the most bizarre election: it really is the most extraordinary election.

2016: the most extraordinary year in US-UK politics ever?
    1812-1815 might be more extraordinary.

We set the White House on fire.
    No we didn't

Edit: goodnight. The white house was named for the whitewash used to cover the smoke damage. Technically we set fire to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. /pedant
    We set the Presidential Mansion on fire. Or is it a different hair that you're splitting?

Edit: I see you've acknowledged the hairs....
    That's an urban myth.

It was called the White House prior to the firing as the stone used to construct it is porous and needed whitewashing in order to seal it.
  • Options

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?
    I think we're over the squid....thanks to Pulps I'm going to have to desist in the future, even though Fox tried to equivocate squid to a vegetable. I've wiki'd it....you can't.

But, on other pressing matters...I've given up rice crispies completely, but what about wheetabix? I find myself tucking into one and a half most nights.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    I've got a £100 WH prize to spend on a bet. With this latest turn of events do you think a plunge on Donald would pay dividends?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

and there speaks a remainer though your last sentence is correct and is the reason European Governments will agree free trade with us even as we exit the EU and establish our sovereignty
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

nunu said:

Tim_B said:

There was no line. Had to wait a couple of minutes.

The 'sex' part of the story has gone away, because Trump has stopped talking about it. This FBI story has crowded everything else off the air. Also for the first time both the NY Times and Wall Street Journal had front page stories yesterday on the corruption at the Clinton Foundation. The Foundation and the FBI story are dominating the news.
    Yes, the ABC front page is also interesting - it is giving a lot of prominence to Erica Garner blasting the Clinton campaign for using her father's death

http://abcnews.go.com/
  • Options

MP_SE said:

My personal favourite ;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGiZT-MnI4
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,006

Always best to wait and see on these stories. So much spin takes time to wade through.

Yes - but the story and the Betfair movement really spooked me and I got out of my Hillary position (nearly £1000) pdq. Now I'm just barely green on them both (and quids in on Pence, Kaine etc). Better for my blood pressure.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

I've got a £100 WH prize to spend on a bet. With this latest turn of events do you think a plunge on Donald would pay dividends?

Why not ;)
  • Options

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

The boers were just taking the mickey it that light of touch manner so common to them :-)

It was a magnificent braai in a mountain hut in Malawi. We cooked over an open fire, below the Southern Cross looking up at the milky way, talking theology and politics. Then got up before dawn the next day to climb the mountain in the dark over slippery rocks, to watch the dawn break. SeanT with his five star flunkies has no idea of the real joys of travel.
    I'd rather not mention seanT...he was rather bragging about his antics last night...I couldn't help but feel sorry for said girl who was young enough to possibly be his grandchild....at a stretch...... The thought of some lecherous fifty something or other clambering on top of them is all just too sad and depressing. I was going to post I hope she was paid enough...but I don't think you can be paid enough to be honest... so I didn't bother.

On a positive note (and to cleanse one's brain) your trip seems quite majestic.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

I don't think so.

Trump takes Ohio would be my tip at 5/6 with WH,

Or if you are really convinced: 9/2 Trump takes Pennsylvania.

Its your money though!

• Options
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Always best to wait and see on these stories. So much spin takes time to wade through.

Yes - but the story and the Betfair movement really spooked me and I got out of my Hillary position (nearly £1000) pdq. Now I'm just barely green on them both (and quids in on Pence, Kaine etc). Better for my blood pressure.
    Something tells me....I do not know what it is.....but you are not really a gambler are you? I think that is better for your blood pressure......
  • Options
    http://observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio-emerges-of-hillary-clinton-proposing-rigging-palestine-election/

Hillary on elections in Palestine:

“I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,” said Sen. Clinton. “And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The FT comment above is incorrect - this is NOT a new investigation. It will re-open the existing investigation if relevant new information comes to light.

Before we go nuts on this, the FBI only reopens investigations if new evidence comes to light, the quality of that evidence is significant, and it is of direct relevance to the investigation.

The Comey letter to Congressional leaders was essentially amending his congressional testimony.

Potentially this is HUGE, but at present it's only potentially. It may not turn out to be so.

All we know so far is that the evidence came from someone 'well outside' the US government.
  • Options
    BBC in panic mode over Clinton's e mails and trying like mad to play it all down
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,715
    tyson said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

I'd rather not mention seanT...he was rather bragging about his antics last night...I couldn't help but feel sorry for said girl who was young enough to possibly be his grandchild....at a stretch...... The thought of some lecherous fifty something or other clambering on top of them is all just too sad and depressing. I was going to post I hope she was paid enough...but I don't think you can be paid enough to be honest... so I didn't bother.

I think we all get to shout "Crossover!" the first time one of Mr T's partners is younger than his daughters.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

The FT comment above is incorrect - this is NOT a new investigation. It will re-open the existing investigation if relevant new information comes to light.

Before we go nuts on this, the FBI only reopens investigations if new evidence comes to light, the quality of that evidence is significant, and it is of direct relevance to the investigation.

The Comey letter to Congressional leaders was essentially amending his congressional testimony.

Potentially this is HUGE, but at present it's only potentially. It may not turn out to be so.

Would agree with all that but it looks awful.
  • Options

BBC in panic mode over Clinton's e mails and trying like mad to play it all down

During the POTUS debate coverage on BBC World Service they interrupted it on the hour and half hour for program promos and news bulletins.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

- a Lettuce Elan.
    What's yellow and goes 70mph underground?

Hillary Clinton.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?
    I think we're over the squid....thanks to Pulps I'm going to have to desist in the future, even though Fox tried to equivocate squid to a vegetable. I've wiki'd it....you can't.

But, on other pressing matters...I've given up rice crispies completely, but what about wheetabix? I find myself tucking into one and a half most nights.
    Can I suggest Oatibix? Much better for you.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941

tyson said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

I think we all get to shout "Crossover!" the first time one of Mr T's partners is younger than his daughters.
    LOL! Another eight or nine years to wait for that one I suspect.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

- a Lettuce Elan.

Hillary Clinton.
    Only if someone else is driving. She has not driven a car - by her own admission - since 1996.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

Very unlikely the BBC is in panic mode about anything (except Cliff Richard) and roightly so).. Lots of people tying to birther a story that has no proof of having any legs whatsoever..

Unforgivable really when it might move markets.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

- a Lettuce Elan.

Hillary Clinton.
    My favorite schoolboy joke - what do you get if you cross a parrot with a tiger?

- I don't know, but when it talks you'd better listen.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941

Very unlikely the BBC is in panic mode about anything (except Cliff Richard) and roightly so).. Lots of people tying to birther a story that has no proof of having any legs whatsoever..

Hopefully they're absolutely shitting themselves about Cliff Richard - he's going to take them for millions, and deservedly so.
  • Options

Lots of people tying to birther a story that has no proof of having any legs whatsoever..

That is a silly comment when it is the FBI that is giving it legs. They would likely prefer to stay right out of it.
  • Options
    From what I can gather the FBI appear to have discovered thousands of emails.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    glw said:

Lots of people tying to birther a story that has no proof of having any legs whatsoever..

That is a silly comment when it is the FBI that is giving it legs. They would likely prefer to stay right out of it.

NOI its those with no information trying to give it legs.. Ask Cliff Richard if being mentioned has any relevance.. I believe nothing until there is solid evidence.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    glw said:

Interestingly the White House, Democratic Party, State Department and Clinton Campaign were all taken by surprise at the FBI announcement. Quite a change
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

glw said:

Interestingly the White House, Democratic Party and Clinton Campaign were all taken by surprise at the FBI announcement. Quite a change
    How was the voting looking in GA ?
  • Options

NOI its those with no information trying to give it legs.. Ask Cliff Richard if being mentioned has any relevance.. I believe nothing until there is solid evidence.

It is awfully poor luck that the FBI should make such a statement days before the election if it really is nothing.

• Options

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

I eat them to control chloresterol (LdL) - also high EPA EFAs for HdL (which doubled my level in about 5 months)
  • Options
    glw said:

It is awfully poor luck that the FBI should make such a statement days before the election if it really is nothing.

It's NOT nothing. If it was then Comey wouldn't be writing to Congress amending his testimony.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,167
    Dixie said:
    Except in 2000 when Gore won the popular vote but not the presidency, I have just put a small bet on the winner of the EC losing the popular vote
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Tim_B said:

glw said:

Interestingly the White House, Democratic Party and Clinton Campaign were all taken by surprise at the FBI announcement. Quite a change
    600k people have already voted in person, and at my polling station 6k people had voted by noon, when I got there.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

I'll look for Oatibix (where do you find it?)....it does sound like it should be healthy. I cannot get into porridge in the morning....my weak point is nights...I have never got over my student munchies.... Last night I got up at 4.00 am and ate three oranges and drank a small bottle of coke...I woke up this morning with a sensation akin to churning battery acid.
  • Options
    glw said:

The FBI could have delayed this for two weeks. So why didn't they?

The funny thing is - the more crimes you may commit the unluckier you may be when news about them comes out.
  • Options
    Dixie said:
    The thing is, there is such a limited data set (30 years is something like seven or eight elections), with only two outcomes. And a large number of these (Clinton 96, Reagan 84) were complete such walkovers that everyone saw them coming irrespective of system.

So, there are going to be a lot of people's systems that got the the last four or five competitive races right, even if just by random chance. This chap may be right, and he may be wrong, but the data set is simply too small to know.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

weejonnie said:

Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

- a Lettuce Elan.

Hillary Clinton.
    Only if someone else is driving. She has not driven a car - by her own admission - since 1996.
    Or in a train?
  • Options
    (Trump continues to drift out - betters taking advantage of better Clinton odds?)
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

I eat them to control chloresterol (LdL) - also high EPA EFAs for HdL (which doubled my level in about 5 months)
    Where do you get it?

• Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    rcs1000 said:

Dixie said:
    The thing is, there is such a limited data set (30 years is something like seven or eight elections), with only two outcomes. And a large number of these (Clinton 96, Reagan 84) were complete such walkovers that everyone saw them coming irrespective of system.

So, there are going to be a lot of people's systems that got the the last four or five competitive races right, even if just by random chance. This chap may be right, and he may be wrong, but the data set is simply too small to know.
    I do agree. I like to look back after elections and piece together the views of the opinion polls. Clearly, some pollsters will always be wrong, some will be right. Most said Tories wouldn't get a majority in 2015. Most said Remain would win. IE, Trump has a chance. The Media is often wrong as are pollsters.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

weejonnie said:

Tim_B said:

matt said:

tyson said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Pong said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

SQUIB

DAMP SQUIB.

;)

- a Lettuce Elan.

Hillary Clinton.
    Or in a train?
    Ah yes - Hillary in a train...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-MXTOObls
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Tim_B said:

glw said:

Interestingly the White House, Democratic Party, State Department and Clinton Campaign were all taken by surprise at the FBI announcement. Quite a change
    Didn’t the state department put pressure on the FBI to close the E-Mail investigation down?

If so, it would appear the FBI are now off the Clinton leash. - Could be awkward
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Sandpit said:

Hopefully they're absolutely shitting themselves about Cliff Richard - he's going to take them for millions, and deservedly so.
    Loose change for the Beeb. They'll just show a few extra repeats.

And then blame it all on the Government for not being generous enough with the licence fee.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @IanB

'Soft Brexit is a no-brainer. Britain has to trade openly with Europe and Europe with Britain.'

By Soft Brexit do you mean EU Lite, staying in the single market with no control of our borders, subject to Brussels laws & European court ?
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

I'll look for Oatibix (where do you find it?)....it does sound like it should be healthy. I cannot get into porridge in the morning....my weak point is nights...I have never got over my student munchies.... Last night I got up at 4.00 am and ate three oranges and drank a small bottle of coke...I woke up this morning with a sensation akin to churning battery acid.
    I get them from Sainsbury's or Tesco- larger stores only though.
  • Options
    john_zims said:

@IanB

'Soft Brexit is a no-brainer. Britain has to trade openly with Europe and Europe with Britain.'

By Soft Brexit do you mean EU Lite, staying in the single market with no control of our borders, subject to Brussels laws & European court ?

And with no say in the EU laws we are to be subject to?
  • Options
    tyson said:

weejonnie said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

Where do you get it?

Oatibix is a generally available breakfast cereal - I buy mine at M******ns as the nearest convenient store. (The EFAs aren't in Oatibix - but didn't want to brand them)

They were out of bix a couple of weeks ago and I had to buy flakes. I blame it on Brexit.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

tyson said:

weejonnie said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

Where do you get it?

Oatibix is a generally available breakfast cereal - I buy mine at M******ns as the nearest convenient store. (The EFAs aren't in Oatibix - but didn't want to brand them)

They were out of bix a couple of weeks ago and I had to buy flakes. I blame it on Brexit.
    Don't buy Oatiflakes! Full of added crap that isn't in the Bix.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

tyson said:

weejonnie said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

Where do you get it?

Thanks for the advice. Oatabix........I don't have cholesterol issues....but for the future. The HDL scores sound fantastic.
  • Options

tyson said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

I get them from Sainsbury's or Tesco- larger stores only though.
    Thanks...alot. We're going back to the UK soon.....I will really look out for them.

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Tim_B said:

Pulpstar said:

Tim_B said:

glw said:

600k people have already voted in person, and at my polling station 6k people had voted by noon, when I got there.
    She has to win your county big to have a chance in GA right. What do u think can she pull it off assuming this story today doesn't have legs.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

tyson said:

weejonnie said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

Where do you get it?

Why is the name censored? Seems odd to have one brand name and not the retailers one.
  • Options
    For anyone planning to replace any kitchen appliances, the price of those imported from Germany (Bosch, Neff, Siemens etc.) will be going up by about 15% from mid-November.
  • Options
    tyson said:

weejonnie said:

tyson said:

weejonnie said:

tyson said:

Alistair said:

nunu said:

Squid?

Where do you get it?

Thanks for the advice. Oatabix........I don't have cholesterol issues....but for the future. The HDL scores sound fantastic.
    They are OK, but don't have the texture and crunch of Wheetabix.

• Options
    john_zims said:

@IanB

What do you mean "no control of our borders"?

There is very little correlation between "control of borders" and control of illegal immigration. Switzerland voted in a referendum to join Schengen, and has next to no illegal immigration. The US has a huge border patrol operation, fences, interviews for people arriving, etc., and has tens of millions of illegal immigrants.
This discussion has been closed.