Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The big hope for Trump now is that there will be a polling fai

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited October 2016
    Was the main reason why the Treasury's forecast of the effects of a Leave vote have already proved to be so wrong, due to the fact that unlike their budget forecasts their referendum forecasts were not made by the OBR? Whereas the OBR approved forecast for Q3 made at the start of 2016, proved to be more accurate than the later Treasury Leave vote forecast.
    The OBR may prove to be the wisest decision Osborne ever made.

"In his foreword to the Treasury’s analysis of the short-term effects of a Leave vote – released a month before the referendum – Osborne wrote: “a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession”. There’s no doubt whatsoever that he meant that the economy would enter negative growth immediately after the vote – Table 2.C in the same report predicts growth for this quarter, Q3 2016, of between -0.1 and -1 per cent."
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,965

UKIP not standing in Richmond Park . Unfortunately for Zac they are backing him .

New headline for the Richmond Gazette incoming.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

snip

Can you post a link to this green screen stuff?

Because it has been repudiated as nonsense in the past

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-used-green-screen-to-make-a-fake-crowd-in-nevada/
    snip
    So no evidence, The Times also said it was nonsense too, mind you believed the spam email that Clinton received was actually stuff she sent out, so there's no hope.
    I used my lying eyes - as have others. Golly. Experts and Cameron chums were wrong. How will I ever cope?
    Some of us are staking real money on this election, you posting nonsense on this subject isn't good.
    snip
    Th two individuals, and various ways to throw your vote away.

Agory, Hillary would lose. But she's not up against any of them; she's up against Trump. And for that reason, she'll win.
    Didn't you vote Remain? I've no idea who'll win. I just think it's a whole lot closer than many liberal PBers hope it is.

As in all elections, you're rooting for the racist. Admit it and set yourself free.

Aww - really? I'm a waycist? Shucks. I'm shamed and will now become a Liberal sheep.

Seriously? This has to be one of your daftest posts. Evah.

I'm sure Tyson will pile on along with his little HillBullies gang to cast me as some Untouchable. :smiley:

For a smart guy, you're being so dumb.

EDIT I'm happy to be with Eliot Ness

Given your consistent support for xenophobic, racist candidates and parties across the world, it's pretty clear they appeal to you. What puzzles me is why you can't admit it.

You're having a bad day. Really, just stop digging. It says a great deal more about you, than me.

I'm drinking a beer and scratching my head, whilst laughing.

Of course you are! All I'm doing is stating the obvious.

No, you're having an existential hissy fit and aiming it at me.

I'm most amused - do carry on. :lol:
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,136
    edited October 2016
    Jobabob said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

More on Trump losing texas

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-used-green-screen-to-make-a-fake-crowd-in-nevada/
    And Snopes have been caught out too - I don't believe anyone claiming to fact-check anything from either side. It's become far too partisan. I've watched video with obvious green screening several times and no wide angle. It satisfied me.
    So no evidence, The Times also said it was nonsense too, mind you believed the spam email that Clinton received was actually stuff she sent out, so there's no hope.
    I used my lying eyes - as have others. Golly. Experts and Cameron chums were wrong. How will I ever cope?
    Some of us are staking real money on this election, you posting nonsense on this subject isn't good.
    Aww - DYOR is the perennial, don't try to blame my personal opinion of Hillary appearances for it.
    The election is a choice between two individuals, and various ways to throw your vote away.

Against practically any other GOP candidate from history, Hillary would lose. But she's not up against any of them; she's up against Trump. And for that reason, she'll win.
    Didn't you vote Remain? I've no idea who'll win. I just think it's a whole lot closer than many liberal PBers hope it is.

As in all elections, you're rooting for the racist. Admit it and set yourself free.

Aww - really? I'm a waycist? Shucks. I'm shamed and will now become a Liberal sheep.

I'm sure Tyson will pile on along with his little HillBullies gang to cast me as some Untouchable. :smiley:

To quote the great TSE:

"The term waycist is a moron detector."
    Or possibly a detector of racist morons.
  • Options

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

'As in all elections, you're rooting for the racist. Admit it and set yourself free.'

What a pathetic & childish comment,must be the Nissan news or the quarterly growth figures that has upset you.
    If I'm not mistaken Plato voted Tory in 2010 & 15 but in your little lefty bubble I guess even Cameron is a racist.

No, but Plato clearly is.
    I support wealth redistribution, so why would I be upset by the government paying Nissan to stay in the UK?
    That is a very nasty smear about Plato.
    Q: Has Hilary made racists statements? The answer is yes. Trump certainly has done the same. They are two awful candidates and in Mrs May we have a better person than those two, although Mrs May is not my choice from the Conservatives!
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

snip

snip
    snip

Agory, Hillary would lose. But she's not up against any of them; she's up against Trump. And for that reason, she'll win.

Given your co and parties across can't admit it.

You're having a bad day. Really, just stop digging. It says a great deal more about you, than me.

OK - in every single election held anywhere in the world if a xenophobe or a racist is standing you lead the cheering for him/her on here.

• Options

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

'As in all elections, you're rooting for the racist. Admit it and set yourself free.'

What a pathetic & childish comment,must be the Nissan news or the quarterly growth figures that has upset you.
    If I'm not mistaken Plato voted Tory in 2010 & 15 but in your little lefty bubble I guess even Cameron is a racist.

I support wealth redistribution, so why would I be upset by the government paying Nissan to stay in the UK?
    Q: Has Hilary made racists statements? The answer is yes. Trump certainly has done the same. They are two awful candidates and in Mrs May we have a better person than those two, although Mrs May is not my choice from the Conservatives!

Not a smear. An evidence-based opinion.

• Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

A crumb of comfort for Trumpton is that in the 10/10 to vote numbers in PA, he leads 48-47.

The independents seem to be breaking his way, if the latest Fox poll is near the mark.
    For some reasons independents tend to vote more-Republican. A comparison with 2012/2008 would be more useful.
  • Options

UKIP not standing in Richmond Park . Unfortunately for Zac they are backing him .

Are UKIP as bad as having Jenny Tong backing the Lib Dem candidate? Does that say anything about the Lib Dem having a person backing them who is so comfortable sitting with anti-semites?
    http://order-order.com/2016/10/27/jews-blamed-holocaust-jenny-tonge-event/
  • Options

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

There was a most amusing video spat between Katie Hopkins and a CNN Lady on Twitter earlier - it all got very heated and Katie replied to one patronising statement with 'look honey' - and the CNN lady went bonkers.

She was desperate to call Hopkins a sexist, but she was the wrong gender - it was hilarious. Neither came out of it well - but it was fun viewing.

The whole thing has lost the plot.
  • Options

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

Has Plato said she is backing Trump? All I have read (as a part time observer) is that she posts links to views contrary to the predicted Clinton surge. Most others post pro-Clinton polls and stories. Since Clinton has very offensive views (deplorables) and uses terms such as n*ggers, presmably you accuse proClinton posts as racist?
  • Options

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

Seriously, you're making an arse of yourself. Just stop - unless you want to continue making my sides ache.

You'll be calling me a homophobe next.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    619 said:

I thought the election apparatus was run by republicans in Texas?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/791625798792974336

This is the problem with localized government: The voters have a hard time keeping track of who's responsible for what, and tend to assume that whoever's in charge of the top level is in charge of the whole thing.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    edited October 2016
    Too long
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

A crumb of comfort for Trumpton is that in the 10/10 to vote numbers in PA, he leads 48-47.

The independents seem to be breaking his way, if the latest Fox poll is near the mark.
    For some reasons independents tend to vote more-Republican. A comparison with 2012/2008 would be more useful.
    In 2008 Obama won the independents, in 2012 Romney did.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/11/13/infographic-obama-lost-the-independent-vote-in-almost-every-swing-state
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

More on Trump losing texas

My biggest problem with Hillary polling leads is the DNC + samples. She's supposedly doing better than Obama. It's just not credible. She's terrible rally turnout numbers, green screen fake voter stuff on TV and the rest. He was everywhere and mobbed.

Kaine rallies are akin to Owen Something - there's no passion here. My disbelief metre is red-lining.

Perhaps a Hillary fan can help me with her policy stance on anything. Trump has a boat load as I posted earlier.

And Snopes have been caught out too - I don't believe anyone claiming to fact-check anything from either side. It's become far too partisan. I've watched video with obvious green screening several times and no wide angle. It satisfied me.
    Aww - DYOR is the perennial, don't try to blame my personal opinion of Hillary appearances for it.
    The election is a choice between two individuals, and various ways to throw your vote away.

Against practically any other GOP candidate from history, Hillary would lose. But she's not up against any of them; she's up against Trump. And for that reason, she'll win.

Ouch! - but so true.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

snip

snip
    snip
    Agory, Hillary would lose. But she's not up against any of them; she's up against Trump...
    Didn't you vote Remain?....

OK - in every single election held anywhere in the world if a xenophobe or a racist is standing you lead the cheering for him/her on here.
    In the Batley & Spen by election there were some very unpleasant parties standing - I do not recall Plato backing one of them. So your claim is false and you should withdraw it if a gentleman?
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

There was a most amusing video spat between Katie Hopkins and a CNN Lady on Twitter earlier - it all got very heated and Katie replied to one patronising statement with 'look honey' - and the CNN lady went bonkers.
    She was desperate to call Hopkins a sexist, but she was the wrong gender - it was hilarious. Neither came out of it well - but it was fun viewing.
    DM
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

snip

snip
    snip
    Agory, Hillary would lose. But she's not up against any of them; she's up against Trump...

In the Batley & Spen by election there were some very unpleasant parties standing - I do not recall Plato backing one of them. So your claim is false and you should withdraw it if a gentleman?
    I honestly think it's a weird mid-life crisis thing. It's beyond rationale and guys don't have a menopause.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596

ooh, is there going to be a duel?
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    edited October 2016
    Edit
  • Options

ooh, is there going to be a duel?
    No , just trying to appeal to his better side.
  • Options
    YellowSubmarineYellowSubmarine Posts: 2,740
    edited October 2016

Was the main reason why the Treasury's forecast of the effects of a Leave vote have already proved to be so wrong, due to the fact that unlike their budget forecasts their referendum forecasts were not made by the OBR? Whereas the OBR approved forecast for Q3 made at the start of 2016, proved to be more accurate than the later Treasury Leave vote forecast.

"In his foreword to the Treasury’s analysis of the short-term effects of a Leave vote – released a month before the referendum – Osborne wrote: “a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession”. There’s no doubt whatsoever that he meant that the economy would enter negative growth immediately after the vote – Table 2.C in the same report predicts growth for this quarter, Q3 2016, of between -0.1 and -1 per cent."

The growth aspect of the " economic shock " prediction has proved wrong because consumers have kept spending in spectacular fashion. The You Gov numbers down thread suggest why. We were just completely wrong about the immeadiate aspect of that. However the £ Devaluation is already greater than severe shock forecast. And us paying Nissan to stay is a sign of economic shock. We'll see what the inflationary wave that's coming does to consumer spending.
  • Options
    Roger said:

PlatoSaid said:

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

Seriously, you're making an arse of yourself. Just stop - unless you want to continue making my sides ache.
    What about a misogynist?
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

DM
    Nothing this end on Vanilla
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,965

PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/11/13/infographic-obama-lost-the-independent-vote-in-almost-every-swing-state
    Odd how in the USA you "register" as either a Democrat, Republican or Independent voter.

Personally I think I'd register as a republican seeing as how their primaries are always much more fun, then vote Democrat anyway.
  • Options
    Chris said:

76.4% of people who deny they are racists are in fact racists - FACT!

Actually, I'd guess if you have to spend a disproportionate amount of time denying you're something, there probably is an above average chance that you are that thing.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

snip

snip
    snip
    Th two individuals, and various ways to throw your vote away....

I honestly think it's a weird mid-life crisis thing. It's beyond rationale and guys don't have a menopause.
    Just those stages.
    1. Lose the GE.
    2. Lose the Labour leadership to Corbyn (twice)
    3. Lose the referendum
    It is a lot of losing to bear. Worse than supporting Spurs.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Pulpstar said:

PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

Odd how in the USA you "register" as either a Democrat, Republican or Independent voter.

Personally I think I'd register as a republican seeing as how their primaries are always much more fun, then vote Democrat anyway.
    Similarly I'd register as UKIP here, just for the hilarity.
  • Options

619 said:

I thought the election apparatus was run by republicans in Texas?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/791625798792974336

This is the problem with localized government: The voters have a hard time keeping track of who's responsible for what, and tend to assume that whoever's in charge of the top level is in charge of the whole thing.
    Or in this case, the presidential candidate has a hard time doing that.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Have a lie down, Southam.

I feel free. I have spent far too long not saying what I believe to be true.

• Options

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

snip

snip
    I used cope?
    snip

I am not sure we want to revisit Plato's reactions to Jo Cox's murder.

• Options

SeanT said:

Come and start a political party with me Southam. That's not a euphemism by the way.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

I UK?

Why would I do that?

• Options

Chris said:

Actually, I'd guess if you have to spend a disproportionate amount of time denying you're something, there probably is an above average chance that you are that thing.
    Or perhaps not so much denying it, as implying that anyone who complains about racism is being babyish. A sign that the users of that term have a lot of growing up to do themselves.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Come and start a political party with me Southam. That's not a euphemism by the way.

I am with you brother. We can call it The Pushing the Boulder up the Hill party :-)

• Options
    SeanT said:

Chris said:

Nats like you are constantly accused of being whiny, boring, xenophobic, grievance-mongering titwanks, so clearly you are exactly that.
    Can you score me some Benzos ? After today I want to develop a habit. *Weeps*
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

snip
    Th two individuals, and various ways to throw your vote away....

Just those stages.
    1. Lose the GE.
    3. Lose the referendum
    And paying to be a full Labour member - coughing up again to be a Supporter and it still thwarted.

That's a lot of dosh for naught.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    PlatoSaid said:

john_zims said:

@SouthamObserver

No, just unemployable.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    Plato/Southam, can we consider the spat closed? I was having a very pleasant day what with the GDP figures and Nissan news.

Who cares who people support in an election in which they have no vote?
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited October 2016

The growth aspect of the " economic shock " prediction has proved wrong because consumers have kept spending in spectacular fashion. The You Gov numbers down thread suggest why. We were just completely wrong about the immeadiate aspect of that. However the £ Devaluation is already greater than severe shock forecast. And us paying Nissan to stay is a sign of economic shock. We'll see what the inflationary wave that's coming does to consumer spending.
    The inflationary wave depends upon how long the £ stays down below a level of USA1.30. If it recovers above that the inflation will be marginal.
    On your point about consumer confidence, that is a surprise when set against the backdrop of being blitzed via the main theme in the broadcast media (BBC/ITV/C4/SKY) line of an economic slump.
  • Options

The inflationary wave depends upon how long the £ stays down below a level of USA1.30. If it recovers above that the inflation will be marginal.
    On your point about consumer confidence, that is a surprise when set against the backdrop of being blitzed via the main theme in the broadcast media (BBC/ITV/C4/SKY) line of an economic slump.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

justin124 said:

619 said:

snip

snip
    I used cope?
    snip

I am not sure we want to revisit Plato's reactions to Jo Cox's murder.

That I thought it was nonsense sentimentality by people who knew her as someone at work? They weren't her family.

I stand by it entirely. I knew people who dropped dead in meetings and didn't need grief counselling or days off to grieve. It was twaddle then and now.

You accused me of virtue signalling for saying I went back to work the day after my mother died because I did what I thought she'd want. Urgh.

Look at yourself. You'll score a cheap point at any level.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

Just those stages.
    1. Lose the GE.
    3. Lose the referendum

Lol.

Top trolling.

Possibly beats Will Straw when it comes to backing losers.

Must be pretty confusing to be so out of touch with the UK on so many issues.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @TCPoliticalBetting

Just those stages.
    1. Lose the GE.
    3. Lose the referendum

To-day's growth figures,the Nissan news & the 400 new jobs in the city were the tipping point.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Chris said:

Nats like you are constantly accused of being whiny, boring, xenophobic, grievance-mongering titwanks, so clearly you are exactly that.
    Not usually all at the same time, but thanks!
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    The remoaners turning nasty - lol
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Comments were raised about Rubio doing much better than Trump in the relative opinion polls (in Florida) and it was argued that this was an anti-Trump position.

But Trump WON Florida over Rubio in the primaries.
  • Options

... We can call it The Pushing the Boulder up the Hill party :-)

Or the Sisyphusians for short.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

It may be what you believe to be true, it is also boring, offensive, repetitive and largely irrelevant, and makes you sound like some tedious Corbynite with their shrill and Maoist accusations of unsound thinking.

Oh well.

• Options

The remoaners turning nasty - lol

I caught up on posts earlier and did :lol: at your mirth.

It's most amusing. I've scrolled by 80% of posts arguing partisan stuff for days and yours caught my eye.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    SeanT said:

The last couple of days have been unquestionably good for Leavers.

@faisalislam: Smart Brexiteers might perhaps ask: "what has the PM and Greg Clark promised to Nissan? What is the impact for customs union/SM exit?"
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Just for Nunu

Jared Wyand
    Trump cared about blacks even 30 years ago We can put the money into Harlem https://t.co/wpkG9xcSqx

The Wyzer
    @WDFx2EU7 But that was when he was a Democrat. Now that he is a Republican, it some how undoes everything good he ever did.
  • Options
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Wikileaks Email: Clinton Operative Thinks “Black Voters Are Stupid” - https://t.co/mdp7BiAd3p #PodestaEmails20 https://t.co/ruVBDUye4E
  • Options
    SkyNews
    West Midlands Police says a 32-year-old man from Coventry has been arrested at Birmingham Airport on suspicion of funding terrorism
  • Options
    The Daily Caller
    POLL: 74 Percent Of Hillary’s Own Supporters Admit The Media’s Totally Biased For Her https://t.co/LZzvRcQwxf https://t.co/Yni9OhjZ0A
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    PlatoSaid said:

Just for Nunu

Jared Wyand
    Trump cared about blacks even 30 years ago We can put the money into Harlem https://t.co/wpkG9xcSqx

The Wyzer
    @WDFx2EU7 But that was when he was a Democrat. Now that he is a Republican, it some how undoes everything good he ever did.

He discriminated against a black woman for housing and was birther in chief for five years. Pull the other one.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    PlatoSaid said:

That I thought it was nonsense sentimentality by people who knew her as someone at work? They weren't her family.

I stand by it entirely. I knew people who dropped dead in meetings and didn't need grief counselling or days off to grieve. It was twaddle then and now.

You accused me of virtue signalling for saying I went back to work the day after my mother died because I did what I thought she'd want. Urgh.

Look at yourself. You'll score a cheap point at any level.

Not wishing to get drawn into a private spat, but can I say I agree with you on the grief counselling and going back to work issues. I have lost both parents, a sister and all too many friends and have never felt the need for counselling. Death is part of life, so at the appropriate time raise a glass (or three) to them, treasure the memories you have of them and get on with life. That seems a much healthier attitude than making a big song and dance about someone's death and seeking help to deal with one's feelings.
This discussion has been closed.