Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The big hope for Trump now is that there will be a polling fai

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,961
    How much does the UK population grow typically in a quarter/year as a % out of interest ?

Also are the growth stats done on the overall economy or a per capita basis.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    619 said:
    1056 of your 1057 "comments" on here have been one-sided stuff about the US election.

Does this mean you'll be fucking off permanently as soon as its all over?

[crosses fingers]
  • Options
    Roger said:

One for Moniker

'In a couple of years, I'll be dating you'
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

TGOHF said:

JackW said:

nunu said:

JackW said:

FPT :

A couple of little nuggets :

1. Mike Pence having been dispatched yesterday to shore up Utah is today off to Omaha to fend off Clinton in NE CD02.

2. Clinton campaign moving resources from Nevada to Arizona as it considers the former is moving comfortably into their column.

With another poll showing him only 3% ahead, Mike should forget Omaha and get down to Texas.
    I expect Trump to hold Texas by 5+. That said a visit by a Clinton surrogate will raise an eyebrow.

Pence having to campaign in Utah and Omaha speaks volumes. You don't send your Veep pick and one of your few competent surrogates there unless there's trouble.
    Tim Kaine, Mrs Clinton's incompetent surrogate, has been spreading the boredom in Pennsylvania. Trouble brewing.
    http://6abc.com/politics/tim-kaine-campaigns-in-bucks-county-allentown/1574677/
    His idea to ban Papists was interesting

http://spinzon.com/tim-kaine-catholic-church-will-change-sex-marriage-stance-will-banned-u-s/

"The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America"
    Hillary must have looked long and hard to find a less attractive Veep candidate than herself. Kaine isn't as nice as he looks.
    I'm a lifelong atheist - but I do respect others with a faith of whatever variety provided it isn't trying to kill me. The Wikileaks emails disparaging Catholics aka Bigots and Evangelicals aka Weirdos astonished me. That the DNC were attempting to overthrow Catholicism from within with liberal values!??!?! They'd two infiltration organisations attempting to do this and funded them.

It's cultural Marxism even I thought was beyond the pale. Apparently not. It's tentacles are everywhere.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    TGOHF said:

JackW said:

nunu said:

JackW said:

FPT :

1. Mike Pence having been dispatched yesterday to shore up Utah is today off to Omaha to fend off Clinton in NE CD02.

2. Clinton campaign moving resources from Nevada to Arizona as it considers the former is moving comfortably into their column.

With another poll showing him only 3% ahead, Mike should forget Omaha and get down to Texas.
    I expect Trump to hold Texas by 5+. That said a visit by a Clinton surrogate will raise an eyebrow.

Pence having to campaign in Utah and Omaha speaks volumes. You don't send your Veep pick and one of your few competent surrogates there unless there's trouble.
    Tim Kaine, Mrs Clinton's incompetent surrogate, has been spreading the boredom in Pennsylvania. Trouble brewing.

http://spinzon.com/tim-kaine-catholic-church-will-change-sex-marriage-stance-will-banned-u-s/

"The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America"
    Hillary Clinton to issue an ultimatum to the Pope and threatening to expel the Catholic Church from the USA? That has to be a spoof, doesn't it?
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    PlatoSaid said:

Allison Pearson
    In more Brexit Bad News, Dutch bank IMG just created 400 new jobs in... the City of London. Don't they know the exodus is about to start?

So, who is IMG? Other than a sports management group.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    PlatoSaid said:

I honestly don't take much notice of the polling - I just glance at the internals and mostly laugh at the skewed samples - like Brexit, they're making the news not reflecting it.

You might not "take much notice of the polling" but the Trump campaign sure does, with Pence off to Utah and Omaha and Donald pulling resources from Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Colorado.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited October 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

TGOHF said:

JackW said:

nunu said:

JackW said:

FPT :

Hillary must have looked long and hard to find a less attractive Veep candidate than herself. Kaine isn't as nice as he looks.
    I'm a lifelong atheist - but I do respect others with a faith of whatever variety provided it isn't trying to kill me. The Wikileaks emails disparaging Catholics aka Bigots and Evangelicals aka Weirdos astonished me. That the DNC were attempting to overthrow Catholicism from within with liberal values!??!?! They'd two infiltration organisations attempting to do this and funded them.

It's cultural Marxism even I thought was beyond the pale. Apparently not. It's tentacles are everywhere.
    @PlatoSaid - that quote attributed to Tim Kaine is FAKE.

I knew the ~KGB had a big share in Wikileaks, but now you've got me wondering how big the Jesuits' share is!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,997
    Mr. Dromedary, bloody Jesuits. First the Thirty Years' War, now this!
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited October 2016
    One for Plato to chew on: Scott Adams comparing women to the mentally handicapped. With that and the support and donations to Prop 8 (on the 'ban-the-gays' side, natch) then man is clearly a reactionary dick.
    http://www.politisink.com/2011/04/scott-adams-melts-down-all-over-the-internet/
    What a guy. <-- ironic
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

PlatoSaid said:

TGOHF said:

JackW said:

nunu said:

JackW said:

FPT :

@PlatoSaid - that quote attributed to Tim Kaine is FAKE.

I knew the ~KGB had a big share in Wikileaks, but now you've got me wondering how big the Jesuits' share is!
    That isn't what I was referring to.

It was this http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/10/14/catholic-bishops-and-campaigners-condemn-ugly-and-anti-catholic-emails-between-clinton-team/
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @BBCSimonJack: Nissan conform Qashqai and X-Trail (new) will be built at Sunderland securing 7,000 jobs after "support and assurances" from UK government
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    619 said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

We all like a horse race, especially a close one. It is possible to scrape around to find reasons why it might be close but in our hearts we know it won't be. Trump is just unelectable. Labour in particular should look on and reflect. Deeply.

First poll this morning from LA Times has Trump ahead, no poll has Corbyn ahead
    I do like your persistence with the least respected poll this cycle.

I respect the poll a lot, their open access data is why people have been able to pick holes with it. They are a paragon of virtue compared to any other pollster.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

619 said:
    1056 of your 1057 "comments" on here have been one-sided stuff about the US election.

[crosses fingers]
    Unecessary comment.

Would you say the same to @Plato , whose view I disagree with but is of value nevertheless.

PB isn't an echo chamber for one view. PBers are perfectly capable of evaluating competing views without resorting to the immature abuse you opined.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@BBCSimonJack: Nissan conform Qashqai and X-Trail (new) will be built at Sunderland securing 7,000 jobs after "support and assurances" from UK government

Underwriting.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    JackW said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

[crosses fingers]
    Unecessary comment.

Would you say the same to @Plato , whose view I disagree with but is of value nevertheless.

PB isn't an echo chamber for one view. PBers are perfectly capable of evaluating competing views without resorting to the immature abuse you opined.
    Are you sure, Mr stinky pants?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Scott_P said:

Looks like you are almost coming around Scott :D
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,278
    PlatoSaid said:

GIN1138 said:

I guess Americans are less shy (more brazen) about supporting right wing candidates than the British?
    I think there's a few things going on - that resemble the Brexit behaviours.

- Shy Trumpers won't know others who feel the same - despite possibly knowing a few who are equally shy.

- Vocal Trumpers who live in areas where Trumpers are in the majority

- Those who feel their workplace or livelihood could be damaged by saying they'd vote Trump [public sector et al]

- People who don't like Trump per se, but want MAGA rather than Continuity Obama/Hillary

- People who don't vote or haven't for decades and now are - impossible to track

I honestly don't take much notice of the polling - I just glance at the internals and mostly laugh at the skewed samples - like Brexit, they're making the news not reflecting it.
    People who haven't voted for decades are not impossible to track. Presumably they haven't been registered for years either and now they have done so.

• Options
    JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

You might not "take much notice of the polling" but the Trump campaign sure does, with Pence off to Utah and Omaha and Donald pulling resources from Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan and Colorado.
    And there is a yawning gap between nitpicking every poll and watching where you've a problem.

Did you watch the Pence video I posted on FPT - I thought Pence was very good. He's much more suited to that demographic - Trump is too brash even without sex story baggage.

I love Utah and SLC.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Uk government, not Brussels. How refreshing to be back in control.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Government propping up car manufacturing.

Cos that's NEVER gone wrong before...
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Ah the good old days. I hear the new model, the Nissan Allegro. will be built in Sunderland.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    Alistair said:

619 said:

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

We all like a horse race, especially a close one. It is possible to scrape around to find reasons why it might be close but in our hearts we know it won't be. Trump is just unelectable. Labour in particular should look on and reflect. Deeply.

First poll this morning from LA Times has Trump ahead, no poll has Corbyn ahead
    I do like your persistence with the least respected poll this cycle.

I respect the poll a lot, their open access data is why people have been able to pick holes with it. They are a paragon of virtue compared to any other pollster.
    Maybe respected isn't the right word, but it certianly has massive flaws. ( Weighing the one black Trump voter times 30). It's not something i would pin all my hopes on like the trumpers are. Open access data is a good thing though.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

JackW said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

[crosses fingers]
    Unecessary comment.

Are you sure, Mr stinky pants?
    Shut it, Corbynite.

Ok, I accept that was a step too far. Sorry.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Ah the good old days. I hear the new model, the Nissan Allegro. will be built in Sunderland.

:smiley:
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

You suggesting that Nissan hasn't had any support from the govt up to this point ?
  • Options
    Ryan Bourne
    That awkward moment when Patrick Minford's forecast outperforms the "macroeconomic consensus". Again.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

And there is a yawning gap between nitpicking every poll and watching where you've a problem.

Did you watch the Pence video I posted on FPT - I thought Pence was very good. He's much more suited to that demographic - Trump is too brash even without sex story baggage.

I love Utah and SLC.
    I agree. Pence would have been a considerable challenge for Clinton. Unfortunately he has found himself defending Trump in the most difficult of circumstances.

Pence has placed himself in a solid position for 2020.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited October 2016
    Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

Looks like Sunderland knew what she was doing in voting for magnificent Brexit. I hear the ad men and corporate lawyers are terribly upset.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,850
    Scott_P said:

That's nice.

Loads of good news this morning!
  • Options
    JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

I love Utah and SLC.
    I agree. Pence would have been a considerable challenge for Clinton. Unfortunately he has found himself defending Trump in the most difficult of circumstances.

He's got all the right credentials - son's a Marine, uncle's a cop, comes across as very solid and presidential trustworthy great dad character.

If Trump wins - I expect Pence to be a serious VP - not bored window dressing guy. If Hillary gets it - I've no idea about Kaine. He's made no impression on me bar being irritating.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

@BBCPhilipSim: David Mundell being pressed on free movement post-Brexit; he says there is "no intention to stop people coming, completely, from the EU"

Economy booming. Manufacturing assured. Free movement of people

It's almost like we are members of the EU...
  • Options
    JackW said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

[crosses fingers]
    Unecessary comment.

Not unnecessary at all. And no I wouldn't say that to Plato because that would be ridiculous.

Plato has a wide variety of interests, knowledge and life experiences to draw on, shaping her commentary across multiple topics.

619 appears during the life cycle of a single election campaign and comments only on that campaign. If it were a domestic one we'd be assuming a paid astroturfer.

Of course you can see the difference between those two posters and it's rather poor trolling on your part. C- Must Try Harder
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    PlatoSaid said:

The blind-eyeing of the media to Hillary's low profile/green screen speeches is amazing. She did another one with graphics worthy of 80s Dr Who - and no one is pointing them out.

Go on, gives us a link to the crazy rabbit hole of Hilary's green screen CG rallies.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

That's nice.

I've added more bubble bath to my soak in Remoaner tears.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

Given the the Nissan Factory and the Honda factory (soon to be one of the Honda Global Manufacturing Centres) were only built here because of government assistance and inducements, what point are you trying to make?
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

I love Utah and SLC.

He's got all the right credentials - son's a Marine, uncle's a cop, comes across as very solid and presidential trustworthy great dad character.

If Trump wins - I expect Pence to be a serious VP - not bored window dressing guy. If Hillary gets it - I've no idea about Kaine. He's made no impression on me bar being irritating.
    If Trump wins, Pence will be the most important vice-president since, well forever. I can't see Trump bothering with any of the boring day to day stuff, Pence's role will be massive I reckon.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Mr P,

Just returned from three days in Brexit Central (Boston). Lovely weather (even the cabbages are sparkling in the sunshine) and all very cheerful. It's nice to discover that everyone over 25 (unless they're wearing a top hat and monocle) is a Leave voter.

A new dawn is breaking.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

@BBCPhilipSim: David Mundell being pressed on free movement post-Brexit; he says there is "no intention to stop people coming, completely, from the EU"

The key is in the word "completely".

Nobody ever said we didn't want ANY people coming from the EU (or elsewhere) just that we wanted to take back control on who comes and how many.

But you knew that anyway... Keep creating those strawmen.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

Given the the Nissan Factory and the Honda factory (soon to be one of the Honda Global Manufacturing Centres) were only built here because of government assistance and inducements, what point are you trying to make?
    Inside the EU govt support is good and Brexit govt support is bad ?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

Gove on Sky says there should be principle that all UK immigrants are subject to the same rules regardless of the country they are from.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,785
    DavidL said:

TOPPING said:

DavidL said:

TOPPING said:

Andrew Neil ✔ @afneil
    Case for Bank of England cutting interest rates 2nd time has probably evaporated. Not clear it was necessary they did it post-June 23rd

He was saying "look we've got this covered". Much worse not to have cut, signalled that the BoE was in the slipstream rather than in control, and then any economic shock would have required a catching-up.

The quantum of cut was such that it was neither here nor there, but it said "we're all over this".
    Nah, it was a mistake and probably contributed to the fall in sterling. While that is welcome that is not the sort of thing central banks should be encouraging in a time of uncertainty.

But it was a small mistake in the overall scheme of things which will hopefully be reversed quite soon.
    In our current global near-zero and negative interest rate environment a small cut in rates sent sterling down by 10%? Not 100% sure that flies. "Contributed to"? Perhaps. Not much though.
    It was a signal from the BoE that they saw trouble ahead and were negative on the UK economy as a result of the vote. That is what contributed to the fall. It was the wrong message and the wrong assessment of where we were. But, as I said, it was a small mistake and easily rectified.
    I suspect it was an overabundance of caution - heck, he might have even believed Osborn'e Treasury forecasts predicting today's quarterly figure would be between -0.1% and -1.0%......
  • Options
    CD13 said:

everyone over 25 (unless they're wearing a top hat and monocle) is a Leave voter.

https://twitter.com/yougov/status/791581962662281217
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

Looks like Sunderland knew what she was doing in voting for magnificent Brexit. I hear the ad men and corporate lawyers are terribly upset.
    Why would the ad men and lawyers be upset?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,760
    Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

ROFLMAO

the biggest prop ever has been to banking, the industry you still want to subsidise

• Options
    Ms Plato,

"I've added more bubble bath to my soak in Remoaner tears."

Cruel but accurate - but only for the bitter few.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

I love Utah and SLC.

If Trump wins, Pence will be the most important vice-president since, well forever. I can't see Trump bothering with any of the boring day to day stuff, Pence's role will be massive I reckon.
    From the first moment I saw Pence - I was WOW. He's got it all - just needed a rocket ship character like Trump to ride on. Trump is like Boris - Pence is the insider who gets things done and reassures the base.

I hope they do it. Pence has taken a leap from business as usual GOP and burned his bridges.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

Gove on Sky says there should be principle that all UK immigrants are subject to the same rules regardless of the country they are from.
    Only a racist could disagree with that.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

ROFLMAO

the biggest prop ever has been to banking, the industry you still want to subsidise

You mean all those banks and bankers that brought the country to complete ruins in 2008 and rather being allowed to go bust and being put in jail were rewarded by having tax payers money bail them out?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

Don't be silly. I disagree with that, and I'm pretty sure I'm not a racist.

I think reciprocal free-movement arrangements with countries that share our values and are economically similar are a wonderful idea. If not for me so much, then certainly for the sake of my children.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,042
    PlatoSaid said:

Allison Pearson
    In more Brexit Bad News, Dutch bank IMG just created 400 new jobs in... the City of London. Don't they know the exodus is about to start?

Isn't that news about three weeks old? They are closing their Brussels trading floor, iirc, and sending half the employees to London, and the other half to Amsterdam
  • Options
    matt said:

PlatoSaid said:

Allison Pearson

IMG is ING?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

You don't understand racism, do you?

• Options
    @faisalislam: Greg Clark visited Japan to give assurances - deal done on presumption tariffs highly unlikely, either way Nissan won't be worse off

Yup, no problem there, at all.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Scott_P said:

Why would the ad men and lawyers be upset?
    Ask them.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Mr P,

Just returned from three days in Brexit Central (Boston). Lovely weather (even the cabbages are sparkling in the sunshine) and all very cheerful. It's nice to discover that everyone over 25 (unless they're wearing a top hat and monocle) is a Leave voter.

A new dawn is breaking.

Mr.13, I spent the last two days in and around Lincoln, and had a few beers in Newark whilst waiting for the train (Virgin East Coast, £32.50 each way first class, lovely staff, free food, and as much free booze as I could drink - brilliant). All the people I met, in city, village and airbase, were very cheerful. No idea how they voted though, the subject never came up in conversation.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

ROFLMAO

You mean all those banks and bankers that brought the country to complete ruins in 2008 and rather being allowed to go bust and being put in jail were rewarded by having tax payers money bail them out?
    yes that one.

Scott's a big fan of their business model
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Allison Pearson

Isn't that news about three weeks old? They are closing their Brussels trading floor, iirc, and sending half the employees to London, and the other half to Amsterdam
    I've just spoken to an ING analyst and the news was announced on the 12th of October. Derivatives desks are being moved out of Brussels and Amsterdam, and to London, while commodities trading is being consolidated in Amsterdam. Net net, Brussels will lose jobs, while Amsterdam and London will gain.
  • Options
    New University of North Florida poll of Florida:

Clinton 43
    Trump 39
    Johnson 6
    Stein 3

https://t.co/oMNGv4W6oo
  • Options

Scott's a big fan of their business model

Link?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

I do wonder if its yet dawned on Team Hillary that since her 'deplorables' speech - she's totally destroyed the main shame attack lines. She nuked a whole bunch of -isms in a few minutes, whilst thinking how clever she was.

And the Right are now using the Left's tactics at rallies - something we're entirely unused to. Up to now, the Right were mostly turn-the-other-cheek sorts who didn't play that game. Now the gloves are off and Bill Is A Rapist hecklers turn up to DNC events.

I don't like it from either side - but it must be a shock for Lefties to get a taste of their own medicine for once.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

The key is in the word "completely".

Nobody ever said we didn't want ANY people coming from the EU (or elsewhere) just that we wanted to take back control on who comes and how many.

But you knew that anyway... Keep creating those strawmen.
    Usual weasel words from the SNP. Worse than SLab. The same fate awaits them.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam: Greg Clark visited Japan to give assurances - deal done on presumption tariffs highly unlikely, either way Nissan won't be worse off

so having spent 10 months telling us Nissan will definitely close ( despite obvious signs to the contrary ) you're now sulking because they're staying and expanding ?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

So we are not going to have any preferential treatment for anyone? No working holiday visas for Australians and New Zealanders?
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

matt said:

PlatoSaid said:

Allison Pearson

IMG is ING?
    Yes. Always useful to check your ramping is accurate, though. Otherwise one might think that it's thoughtless, ignorant cut and paste. [and as RCS1000 says, it's hardly new]
  • Options

Scott_P said:

so having spent 10 months telling us Nissan will definitely close ( despite obvious signs to the contrary ) you're now sulking because they're staying and expanding ?
    I'll don't think anyone - not even Scott - would claim that Nissan would leave behind £2bn of invested capital.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

I do wonder if its yet dawned on Team Hillary that since her 'deplorables' speech - she's totally destroyed the main shame attack lines. She nuked a whole bunch of -isms in a few minutes, whilst thinking how clever she was.

And the Right are now using the Left's tactics at rallies - something we're entirely unused to. Up to now, the Right were mostly turn-the-other-cheek sorts who didn't play that game. Now the gloves are off and Bill Is A Rapist hecklers turn up to DNC events.

I don't like it from either side - but it must be a shock for Lefties to get a taste of their own medicine for once.
    I dunno, Trump being a racist tax cheat who boasts about grabbing women by the pussy without their permission is definitely a message which broke through.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

JackW said:

PlatoSaid said:

I love Utah and SLC.

Worth watching the Obama Whitehouse series on BBC2. Pence was always in the background.
  • Options

so having spent 10 months telling us Nissan will definitely close

Link?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:

so having spent 10 months telling us Nissan will definitely close

Link?
    www.politcalbetting.com

try reading through what you post some time
  • Options

www.politcalbetting.com

So no link. You just made it up.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

I think reciprocal free-movement arrangements with countries that share our values and are economically similar are a wonderful idea. If not for me so much, then certainly for the sake of my children.
    I am never keen on widespread use of the phrase "our values". That's usually code for your values that you think I should share.
  • Options
    619 said:

PlatoSaid said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

I dunno, Trump being a racist tax cheat who boasts about grabbing women by the pussy without their permission is definitely a message which broke through.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

www.politcalbetting.com

Ive given you the link

one year of endless scaremongering and horse shit

try being a bit more discerning before you post
  • Options
    Kyle Cheney and Katie Glueck of "Politico" report on disquiet in Texas GOP ranks as Clinton puts the state within competitive range :

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-clinton-texas-red-state-230368
  • Options
    Mr Llama,

"No idea how they voted though, the subject never came up in conversation."

I go regularly to visit family as I was born and brought up there. They are predominantly Leave voters but the Remainers have come to terms now and accept it's a done deal.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I've mentioned Stefan Molyneux before on here - he's a little rich for my blood, but makes some excellent polemical points from a Rightist political philosophy POV - and entertaining with it.

He did a video podcast with Jim Hoft of Gateway Pundit yesterday and there's some great GOP observations, uncomfortable truths and fun nuggets in there. He's c500k YouTube subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLv2gV1nbvk
  • Options
    ScottP more ridiculous this morning than when he gave us his wisdom on the montie hall problem.
  • Options

horse shit

accurately describes this post

"having spent 10 months telling us Nissan will definitely close "

You made it up
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

horse shit

You made it up
    sorry was it twelve ?
  • Options

sorry was it twelve ?

You are a liar. You made it up
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Scott_P said:

horse shit

You made it up
    sorry was it twelve ?
    Come on dude, you engaged in a little bit of exaggeration. Let it go.
  • Options

LIBERAL DEMOCRAT VOICE

In the mayoral election, why did Zac Goldsmith get such a low vote in his own backyard?

By Lester Holloway |

Zac Goldsmith’s bid to become London mayor was memorably described as a “dog whistle campaign in a city with no dogs.” And few places in the capital demonstrate that better than Richmond Park itself.

As the local MP you would have thought his personal vote would make it a walkover. First preference mayoral votes, a good indicator of popularity, in Richmond Park shows that Boris Johnson won his second term in 2012 by a greater share in all but one of the constituency’s eleven wards compared to Zac in 2016.

The differences by ward are Coombe Vale (-3), South Richmond, North Richmond, Mortlake & Barnes (all -4), Ham & Petersham, East Sheen, Kew, Barnes (all -5), Canbury (-6), Coombe Hill (-8), and on the plus side for Zac, Tudor ward (+0.04).

The chances are the memory of the mayoral campaign is still fresh in the minds of disappointed Richmond Park voters. Equally in this post-Brexit era Goldsmith’s anti-Europe stance will jar even more with constituents in one of the most pro-EU areas in Britain. And with the likelihood that all by-election candidates will oppose the third runway, this contest is shaping up not so much as a referendum on Heathrow as a referendum on Zac Goldsmith.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/in-the-mayoral-election-why-did-zac-goldsmith-get-such-a-low-vote-in-his-own-backyard-52282.html
  • Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/obama-campaign-trail-230365

Obama will be hitting the campaign Trail hard. Good for Clinton.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,031

CD13 said:

Mr P,

A new dawn is breaking.

Mr.13, I spent the last two days in and around Lincoln, and had a few beers in Newark whilst waiting for the train (Virgin East Coast, £32.50 each way first class, lovely staff, free food, and as much free booze as I could drink - brilliant). All the people I met, in city, village and airbase, were very cheerful. No idea how they voted though, the subject never came up in conversation.
    " free food, and as much free booze as I could drink "

That's impressive!! LOL.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited October 2016

Scott_P said:

www.politcalbetting.com

Ive given you the link

If you make statements like that you do need to be prepared to provide a specific link when challenged. Otherwise you're just trolling.
  • Options
    Can I ask the Leavers to go easy on Scott P.

One of my nephews in Boston actually voted Remain but we've forgiven him - he's only 24.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,866
    rcs1000 said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

So we are not going to have any preferential treatment for anyone? No working holiday visas for Australians and New Zealanders?
    Or FOM with Ireland?

Yeh. Totally racist.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,278

CD13 said:

Mr P,

A new dawn is breaking.

Presumably Mr 13 didn't speak to any EU migrants whilst in Boston.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Scott_P said:

CD13 said:

everyone over 25 (unless they're wearing a top hat and monocle) is a Leave voter.

https://twitter.com/yougov/status/791581962662281217
    Remain voters really are negative! Not a healthy option to live with the stress of negativity.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

horse shit

You made it up
    sorry was it twelve ?
    Come on Brookey, don't be ornery, admit it, it is thanks to George Osborne's magnificent stewardship of the economy that has made us so resilient to the Brexit shocks and why Nissan don't want to leave.

Not even Gordon Brown could screw up Osborne's golden legacy.
  • Options
    619 said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/obama-campaign-trail-230365

Obama will be hitting the campaign Trail hard. Good for Clinton.

Obamacare's unravelling. He should stick to his favourite golf courses.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Scott_P said:

horse shit

You made it up
    sorry was it twelve ?
    Come on dude, you engaged in a little bit of exaggeration. Let it go.
    Happy to Robert, and yes like most people in this dire campaign I had a go as we went,
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    619 said:

PlatoSaid said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

Well a racist tax cheat who boasts about grabbing women might have policies that would help the 300 million Americans much better than a sick, demented, woman who spent her time at the Whitehouse in clamping down on Bill Clinton's sexual conquests and doesn't know of the meaning of the word classified.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,785
    Scott_P said:

sorry was it twelve ?

You are a liar. You made it up
    Bit like Mr Ghosn then......Nissan will quit UK if it doesn't join the Euro Leaves the EU

Another one we can add to the list......
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    GIN1138 said:

619 said:

PlatoSaid said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

I just wonder sometimes what alternate universe Plato lives in

• Options
    edited October 2016
    GeoffM said:

Anorak said:

GeoffM said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

I am never keen on widespread use of the phrase "our values". That's usually code for your values that you think I should share.
    I know what you mean - and this is not 'purge the impure', SJW value set!

I'll try and lay out what I meant by it - you can let me know which parts (if any) make you uneasy.

I use it as a fairly broad term which covers culture (in general) and legal system (in general). Broad things which have characterised the UK for decades, such as respect for the views and beliefs of others, gender equality, free speech, democracy, free press, a lack of corruption, etc.

It's not meant to be a liberal manifesto, but (to me) describes a generally tolerant and open society. Similar countries don't have to be a total match - I disagree with the US death penalty for example, but would welcome freedom of movement between our countries.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

horse shit

You made it up
    sorry was it twelve ?
    Come on Brookey, don't be ornery, admit it, it is thanks to George Osborne's magnificent stewardship of the economy that has made us so resilient to the Brexit shocks and why Nissan don't want to leave.

Not even Gordon Brown could screw up Osborne's golden legacy.
    You miss him dont you ?
  • Options
    Pong said:

Scott_P said:

www.politcalbetting.com

Ive given you the link

If you make statements like that you do need to be prepared to provide a specific link when challenged. Otherwise you're just trolling.
    No I dont, I'm quite happy to follow that old PB tradition of FK off and look it up yourself.
This discussion has been closed.