Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Heathrow expansion to go ahead: Zac Goldsmith to make a statem

1235»

Comments

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Pulpstar said:

IanB2 said:

Howard Davies saying 2026 the most likely year for the demolitiom to start building the runway to start.

What an absolute joke.
    What???? Just to start it ? A joke surely, why is Goldsmith bothering to resign he would have retired by the time its built anyway. Sheesh.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,979
    edited October 2016
    DavidL said:

RobD said:

Do any of our legal bods on here know on what grounds there could be legal challenges to the Heathrow decision?

Well the most obvious one is that the decision is incompatible with the Government's legal obligations in respect of air quality. As is the current airport of course.
    Could the courts close the entire arirport? :p

Seriously though, I suppose the government could simply change the law in that regards.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    RobD said:

Do any of our legal bods on here know on what grounds there could be legal challenges to the Heathrow decision?

"Insufficient consultation period"
    "Not consulted properly"

If any Gov't readies go towards it (Which they will) Gatwick has a potential case there too.

Manchester not allowed into the process.

Probably more.

It doesn't matter how long the consultation process is, some lawyer somewhere will stand up and argue it was too short, poorly done or otherwise misconstrued.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

As an aside, how well does the Chiltern Hundreds pay?

Chiltern Squillions.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Great news.

I really do not want to see a Lib Dem running on a stop Brexit ticket winning.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    ToryJim said:

Shame. We could have given Richmond a proper Conservative to vote for not just an ego in a suit.
    Send the bugger a bill for wasting voters time. Twat.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,907
    edited October 2016
    DavidL said:

RobD said:

Well the most obvious one is that the decision is incompatible with the Government's legal obligations in respect of air quality. As is the current airport of course.
    Plus all the equality and diversity bollocks introduced since 1997. There's plenty of reasons for those who wish to see such a project delayed to get an audience before a judge, they hope they can find enough reasons, enough protestors and enough judges to delay the implementation of the decision indefinitely.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,203

ToryJim said:

Shame. We could have given Richmond a proper Conservative to vote for not just an ego in a suit.
    Send the bugger a bill for wasting voters time. Twat.
    Well, hopefully that's what the electorate will do. The libs will make it all about hard brexit - send a message to May, Liam Fox and David Davis will be the content of every focus newsletter.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    edited October 2016

PlatoSaid said:

taffys said:

I don;t know if anyone follows Zero hedge but they are running a report on possible voting irregularities in Texas

One tweeter posted over 100 documented reports of voter fraud - its endemic. Check out MicroSpookyLeaks https://twitter.com/wdfx2eu7
    Philadelphia's the most outrageous site of Dem electoral corruption. In many voting districts in 2012 Obama got 100 % of the vote to Romney's 0 %. Makes Tower Hamlets and North Korea look honest. I can see Hillary hitting 125 % in some neighborhoods.
    Dear Lord, every US election since Bush vs Gore both sides have accused each other of electoral fraud/fiddling the vote machines/intimidation etc. It's as big a tradition as Thanksgiving and Halloween. You're beginning to sound as tinfoilhatty as Ms P.
    100% to 0 % is in grotesque bad taste. You must agree to that, whatsoever your nonchalance to electoral fraud.
    I would fancy I know Philadelphia passingly well. I've visited the city many times and both my wife and her sister were educated there. I find it wholly unremarkable that there might be some polling districts there where not a single vote was cast for for a candidate like Romney, especially when his opponent was black.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited October 2016
    MaxPB said:

Carney says MPC will take Sterling depreciation into account at next meeting. Chances of a further interest rate cut are pretty close to nil in that case. Also rules out negative rates, saying there is something "unnatural" about them. Very sensible.

Reuters were reporting a couple of interesting side effects today of sterling's moves.

Tata are believed to be turning an operating profit of £10m pcm at Port Talbot now, while the British Steel pension deficit of £700m has nearly been wiped out, standing at just £50m now.

A reduction of over 90% since March.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited October 2016
    !
This discussion has been closed.