Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » YouGov London poll boost sees even UKIP & CON voters warming t

Comments

• Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

Pulpstar said:

Inevitably Khan is being talked of as a possible future LAB leader.

*Buffs nails*

I did tip him at 33/1 as next Labour leader, I feel content.
    I think 33s is about right. Remember the Lab selectors test first priority is not electability
    I reckon the mother of all shellackings in 2020 might focus minds.
    But he won't be in the HoC after that election. He'll have just been re-elected as Mayor.
    He might choose to be a one term Mayor.

I reckon electing a non white Muslim as Labour leader would appeal to those on the Corbynite left.
    Are there no Russian candidates available?
  • Options

Mortimer said:

I'm sorry, but I entirely disagree. Your approach would last for a news cycle, maybe even a week, before being seen as betrayal by, respectively, a) Tory party activists, who are overwhelmingly leavers, b) Tory party members, who are overwhelmingly in support of Leave, c) Tory party voters, who as a majority support Leave and as a vast majority accept the result of the 23rd June and d) voters in general, who voted for Leave and mostly accept the result as Brexit.

Owning the result and championing it is the only way to:

i) navigate the choppy parliamentary waters - allowing the Govt to brand those troublesome MPs and parties who are questioning the process or the actors as wanting to Leave in name only.
    ii) convince our negotiating adversaries that we're willing to walk away
    iii) which in turn might be the only way to secure a decent deal, if a deal is possible
    iv) which is in turn the best way to go please the majority of the electorate

You're letting your distaste for the result cloud your judgement. You forget that not only are most people now not that bothered that we're leaving, but the majority of voters voted for it and thus want to see it done.

In turn I disagree. The polling evidence suggests an absence of buyers remorse but that Brexit should involve having the cake, eating the cake and the cake costing no more than 50p. A very low price for any cake let alone a magic cake. Leave could promise a magic cake. Leave ceased to exist the morning after. There is no way to be hold Leave to account. Governments are different. Maybe May will deliver the cheap magic cake. In which case she'll be a statesperson and I'll be wrong. If the cake turns out to be expensive and can not be eaten or had then May will now be judged by magic cake standards.
    No, May will be judged according to the standards of other bakers. Opposing baker Corbyn only offers a sugar free cake substitute.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

I doubt I am the only one to have mentioned it but Ihave not yet read the comments. Pray precisely what has Khan actually done since being elected? I cannot think of anything significant.

What did Boris do in eight years as London mayor except fail in his ultimate aim of become PM?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @faisalislam: Mcfadden: "sight of erstwhile defenders of Parliamentary sovereignty, desperately pleading to give executive a blank check.. will not hold"

Indeed...
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Scott_P said:

@MrHarryCole: PA: Pound "hit its lowest point during a speech by Brexit Secretary David Davis. Shortly after Mr Davis sat down, the pound began to rise."

Correlation <> Causation

But you knew that
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

*Buffs nails*

I think 33s is about right. Remember the Lab selectors test first priority is not electability
    But he won't be in the HoC after that election. He'll have just been re-elected as Mayor.

I reckon electing a non white Muslim as Labour leader would appeal to those on the Corbynite left.
    I'm fairly sure he'll have had eye on 2025 not 2020.
    Yes, picking up the pieces in 2020* looks 1997-Hague-like in its appeal; would-be PMs are best advised to wait.

* assuming the Labour Party is still in one piece. Big assumption.
    I might do a thread urging Seumas Milne to become a Labour MP.

I'd have to sedate Mike first, who is clearly a major fan of Mr Milne, before I publish that thread
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763

Pulpstar said:

*Buffs nails*

By 2025 there might not be a Labour Party worth saving.
    Hurrah !
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

Pulpstar said:

*Buffs nails*

Yes, picking up the pieces in 2020* looks 1997-Hague-like in its appeal; would-be PMs are best advised to wait.

I'd have to sedate Mike first, who is clearly a major fan of Mr Milne, before I publish that thread
    The Paul Mason rumour is more interesting.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

I think Theresa May is out of her depth on Brexit, What it needs is someone who can smartly navigate the shark infested waters. Someone with a sharp, agile mind; charm melded with a ruthless focus on the end goal. Instead we have an unimaginative, charmless, process-driven administrator.

Anyone would be out of their depth. This isn't just any Brexit. It's an entirely unplanned and accidental Brexit framed by the promises of the postmodern Leave Campaign. In the future everyone will take back control for 15 minutes. In the circumstances the British deep state ( who May personifies ) has done fantastically well so far. ( Criticism of Carney is also unfair. He activated the air bag ) All we had is the necessary devaluation in a relatively orderly manner with a couple of big picture policy choices to give the impression of a plan. None of which means the quicksand's won't consume May in the end. It's just it's implausible to argue anyone else would be doing better. I'm just bemused why she's so categorically taken ownership of the original car crash.
  • Options
    nunu said:

I doubt I am the only one to have mentioned it but Ihave not yet read the comments. Pray precisely what has Khan actually done since being elected? I cannot think of anything significant.

What did Boris do in eight years as London mayor except fail in his ultimate aim of become PM?
    He's FM now. Major also was an FM.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

*Buffs nails*

We cannot be that lucky. We hit the jackpot when Corbyn became leader.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,013
    Mr. Submarine, Cameron had every opportunity (and duty) to do some of the groundwork before the vote.
  • Options
    Oh Moeen...Moeen...Moeen....shakes head.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,148
    FF43 said:

I think Theresa May is out of her depth on Brexit, What it needs is someone who can smartly navigate the shark infested waters. Someone with a sharp, agile mind; charm melded with a ruthless focus on the end goal. Instead we have an unimaginative, charmless, process-driven administrator.

I don't think Mandelson would do it though. :)
  • Options

Mortimer said:

I'm sorry, but I entirely disagree. Your approach would last for a news cycle, maybe even a week, before being seen as betrayal by, respectively, a) Tory party activists, who are overwhelmingly leavers, b) Tory party members, who are overwhelmingly in support of Leave, c) Tory party voters, who as a majority support Leave and as a vast majority accept the result of the 23rd June and d) voters in general, who voted for Leave and mostly accept the result as Brexit.

Owning the result and championing it is the only way to:

i) navigate the choppy parliamentary waters - allowing the Govt to brand those troublesome MPs and parties who are questioning the process or the actors as wanting to Leave in name only.
    ii) convince our negotiating adversaries that we're willing to walk away
    iii) which in turn might be the only way to secure a decent deal, if a deal is possible
    iv) which is in turn the best way to go please the majority of the electorate

You're letting your distaste for the result cloud your judgement. You forget that not only are most people now not that bothered that we're leaving, but the majority of voters voted for it and thus want to see it done.

In turn I disagree. The polling evidence suggests an absence of buyers remorse but that Brexit should involve having the cake, eating the cake and the cake costing no more than 50p. A very low price for any cake let alone a magic cake. Leave could promise a magic cake. Leave ceased to exist the morning after. There is no way to be hold Leave to account. Governments are different. Maybe May will deliver the cheap magic cake. In which case she'll be a statesperson and I'll be wrong. If the cake turns out to be expensive and can not be eaten or had then May will now be judged by magic cake standards.
    No, May will be judged according to the standards of other bakers. Opposing baker Corbyn only offers a sugar free cake substitute.
    Yes. She can't lose to Corbyn. She can only lose to the 1922 Committee.
  • Options
    @WalkTheLinesLDN: Norman St John-Stevas was once accused of name-dropping. 'The Queen said the same to me only yesterday,' he replied.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

*Buffs nails*

We cannot be that lucky. We hit the jackpot when Corbyn became leader.
    Nonsense, the Tories hit the jackpot when Osborne got sacked.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Speedy said:

On topic.

Khan will never win the Labour selectorate.
    It's very Pro-Corbyn, and Khan has nailed his colours on the anti-Corbyn faction.

On Previous topic.

Leading Republicans rejoin Trump:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/786216079479537664

As I said yesterday, a lot of 360 degree turns will occur since Friday.

Things couldn't be going more prefectly for the Dems. These 360 Republicans have managed to alienate a fraction of the NeverTrump and a fraction of the TrueTrump believers. If they turn into DNVs then we could be looking at a wave.

It's almost like Clinton read my pre debate advice.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,608
    edited October 2016

FF43 said:

We need a government of national unity to deal with Brexit.

Ken Clarke as PM

George Osborne as Chancellor

The Lord Mandelson as Brexit & International Trade Secretary

Hilary Benn as Foreign Secretary
  • Options

Reasons Im glad we are leaving #94.0

Germany pushes to force the EU to BAN petrol and diesel cars by 2030

http://dailym.ai/2efSQIs
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

Boris Johnson can't complain about not getting the credit for the night tube. He was entirely happy to have the bikes (inherited from Ken Livingstone) named after him.

Correct. And so mismanaged was Boris' announcement on the Night Tube (hopelessly premature, poorly organised, uncollegiate) that he deserved to lose the credit to Sadiq.

It was an easy win of perception for Khan but such is politics –blundering Boris was the architect of his own demise on that particular policy I am afraid.
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

we could get them nice offices in France

Vichy looks good
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,148

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

Not bad except I'd replace Benn with Nick Clegg.
  • Options

chortle

they've made such a success of diesel it was inevitable
  • Options
    @Pulpstar

Can I suggest we add: "It would be hilarious if [insert something unlikely and awful here]" happened" is added to the PB Verboten list?
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

Mr. Submarine, Cameron had every opportunity (and duty) to do some of the groundwork before the vote.

Groundwork for what? Some Leavers wanted EEA no customs union, some customs union only, some full WTO, and some full free trade with no external tariffs. What exact ground work would you have wanted and trusted since you clearly didn't trust the modelling work the treasury did on the different options?
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

Vichy looks good
    Tsk, are you calling Remainers collaborators?
  • Options

Well it gives VW plenty of time to work out how to hide their engines...
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

Vichy looks good
    certainly not.

I'm calling them French
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

There are two potential Brexit majorities in the current HoC. One is a blocking majority on leaving the Single Market. The other is for complete immigration control. Putting either together will involve lots of cross party and probably contra whip voting. The only alternative is an early election.
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

Vichy looks good
    certainly not.

I'm calling them French
    That's defamatory.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,576

FF43 said:

Nor do I. Too busy with his duties as Chair of the shit political failure society. Sudden influx of new members.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

Give the guy a chance? He's had less than 5 months, including the summer.
    If you had read the head e r you would have realized it was in response to OGH saying voters thought he was doing well ... g having done approx Zippo so far.
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

There are two potential Brexit majorities in the current HoC. One is a blocking majority on leaving the Single Market. The other is for complete immigration control. Putting either together will involve lots of cross party and probably contra whip voting. The only alternative is an early election.
    We're leaving the EU and the single market, there should be no blocking or delaying of that. The people have spoken, the bastards

What there should be is a comprehensive debate on what that all means, so for posterity we know who the guilty men and women are if Brexit turns out to be an economic disaster, and plus we get the very best trying to get a good deal for the post Brexit world to ensure we get a good deal.
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

Vichy looks good
    certainly not.

I'm calling them French
    That's defamatory.
    at least collaborators has a sense of self respect
  • Options

If you had read the head e r you would have realized it was in response to OGH saying voters thought he was doing well ... g having done approx Zippo so far.
    Except deliver the small matter of the Night Tube – yes it was Boris's project but so badly mismanaged was his launch it was eventually actually delivered under Sadiq. And the new mayor has won the credit of the public for bringing it forward.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

On Khan: he has banned images of healthy women in bikinis from ads on the Tube.

Not a fan of that. During the burkini ban fracas he was all in favour of women wearing what they want.

Blame sjw's for that.
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

We're leaving the EU and the single market, there should be no blocking or delaying of that. The people have spoken, the bastards

What there should be is a comprehensive debate on what that all means, so for posterity we know who the guilty men and women are if Brexit turns out to be an economic disaster, and plus we get the very best trying to get a good deal for the post Brexit world to ensure we get a good deal.
    how the hell will we get a good deal if Osbornes involved ? The pied piper of Hinckley is just a faecal Midas.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341

Sounds very sensible, what's the problem? Hopefully the first autonomous cars will be making an appearance by then.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Except deliver the small matter of the Night Tube – yes it was Boris's project but so badly mismanaged was his launch it was eventually actually delivered under Sadiq. And the new mayor has won the credit of the public for bringing it forward.
    out here in bumpkin land we still all think Sadiq is a wanker who's done nothing for us.

Public credit = zero
  • Options
    Has Hollande just thrown in the towel ?

first he puts Marianne in a burka now he says he'll vote Sarkozy in the second round

http://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/le-scan/2016/10/11/25001-20161011ARTFIG00389-2017-hollande-pret-a-voter-pour-sarkozy-au-second-tour-face-a-le-pen.php
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    If Parliament want to play silly b's and try and force a substantive vote on Brexit then all May hast to do is link it to a vote of no confidence and win the subsequent GE by a land slide
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

I'm sympathetic to lots of that. Certainly the government is doing everything in it's power to signal we're leaving the Single Market other than selling the words " we're leaving the Single Market ". I can't see the debate going much further until they choose or are forced to say that out loud. The danger is our options collapse one by one and we are left with the Brexit that's left not a Brexit we actively choose. As for the ' all the talents ' issue well in an ideal world yes. But this is politics. So many people are psychologically and politically invested in it being either a triumph or a disaster. Who will selflessly do the grind ? Only Hammond seems to be playing this role as far as I can see. And he's already engulfed in a briefing war to the death with the Three Brexiteers.
  • Options

Jobabob said:

out here in bumpkin land we still all think Sadiq is a wanker who's done nothing for us.

Public credit = zero
    Why would he do anything for you, given that he is mayor of London?
  • Options

Who will selflessly do the grind ? Only Hammond seems to be playing this role as far as I can see. And he's already engulfed in a briefing war to the death with the Three Brexiteers.

Of the people Tezza did not needlessly sack, Hammond is our best hope, and if he can't beat the 3 Brexiteers then we really are up the suwanee...
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

All three London Mayor's todate have understood the job.

Playing with a train set.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Public credit = zero
    Why would he do anything for you, given that he is mayor of London?
    London does nothing for us either.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Jobabob said:

Deliver it.. it was only delayed.. what input did he actually hsve??
  • Options
    chestnut said:

A train set with nearly 700 stations!!

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-rail-and-tube-services-map.pdf
  • Options
    @faisalislam: Former UK Attorney General Dominic Grieve warns the Commons in Brexit debate that the Repeal process will "jeopardise the rule of law"
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam: Former UK Attorney General Dominic Grieve warns the Commons in Brexit debate that the Repeal process will "jeopardise the rule of law"

You seem to have developed bunny boiler tendencies towards Faisal Islam.
  • Options

FF43 said:

Ken Clarke as PM

Were you typing with one hand? :lol:
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    PM Cameron said he wouldn't resign if he lost the referendum

I guess it rubbed off
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Scott_P said:

You seem to have developed bunny boiler tendencies towards Faisal Islam.
    Scott_P is Faisal Islam?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,841

Sounds very sensible, what's the problem? Hopefully the first autonomous cars will be making an appearance by then.
    There will probably be an exemption for old classic cars - which will be the only ones you'll be able to get anyway, by 2030.
  • Options
    Mr. P, Grieve's coming across as the sort of chap who lies back and thinks of Brussels.
  • Options
    In person early voting starts in Ohio today. Low energy, unenthused Hilary voters slink to the polls. #anecdote #clintonintrouble

https://twitter.com/jaymplant/status/786164542728507392
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Alistair said:

In person early voting starts in Ohio today. Low energy, unenthused Hilary voters slink to the polls. #anecdote #clintonintrouble

Shy Trumpeteers surely!

It says so on www.tinfoiltrumper.org
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,475

Mr. P, Grieve's coming across as the sort of chap who lies back and thinks of Brussels.

Mr Dancer - Grieve is a lawyer, I suspect EU laws have been good for trade.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Masterly inactivity accounts for Mrs May's good marks too.
  • Options
    Mr. Jim, I agree entirely, although Grieve does seem wet generally.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Jobabob said:

@Pulpstar

Can I suggest we add: "It would be hilarious if [insert something unlikely and awful here]" happened" is added to the PB Verboten list?

#ok
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/786247938791972865

this explains the ridiculous la times poll minority shares
  • Options

Oh he is, I was at a Conference fringe event a few years ago where he spent the entire evening agreeing with the newly minted Shadow AG.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,208
    I see this Stephen Phillips is the MP for Sleaford and North Hykeham. I'm sure his constituents aren't too bothered about immigration. I'm also sure he told the absolute truth during the selection process to become the Tory candidate.
  • Options
    Mr. Jim, an interesting anecdote, cheers.
  • Options
    Thai king in unstable medical condition:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37634077
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

Oh he is, I was at a Conference fringe event a few years ago where he spent the entire evening agreeing with the newly minted Shadow AG.
    So did David Davis at another event.

Lest we forget, Andy Burnham had to apologise for smearing both David Davis & Lady Chakrabati

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/jun/19/andyburnham.daviddavis
  • Options

ToryJim said:

So did David Davis at another event.

Lest we forget, Andy Burnham had to apologise for smearing both David Davis & Lady Chakrabati

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/jun/19/andyburnham.daviddavis
    in baby oil ?
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,230
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man etc......

Khan hasn't said or done so far anything silly as Mayor (though he was very silly to nominate Corbyn). So obviously he looks like a Titan compared to the Labour front bench. Plus he's no longer an MP so can avoid for now all the shenanigans that have afflicted the PLP over the last year.

But - when it comes to it - will any of this be an asset to the Labour electorate, which very much does not consist of Tories and Lib Dems and, increasingly, doesn't even consist of Labour people?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Trump UA energising minority voters in a way Obama never could.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn
    Why did Clinton surge in the LAT/USC poll today? One 19 year old black Trump supporter dropped out of the sample http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/upshot/how-one-19-year-old-illinois-man-is-distorting-national-polling-averages.html?_r=0

Ive already seen 610 post this, but it is so ridiculous that I'm posting it again.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited October 2016
    619 said:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/786247938791972865

this explains the ridiculous la times poll minority shares

Its YouGov flawed panel demographics all over again, where those that like Ant are Communists and those that like Dec are fascists.
  • Options
    ROFL

just watching Ed Cleggy and Claire Perry trying to look relevant
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Jobabob

'Except deliver the small matter of the Night Tube – yes it was Boris's project but so badly mismanaged was his launch it was eventually actually delivered under Sadiq.'

The RMT union that was blocking it recommended acceptance of pay & conditions in February this year.

Khan did nothing. .
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,208

ROFL

just watching Ed Cleggy and Claire Perry trying to look relevant

It's a shame Ms Perry is no longer Rail Minister. We had a long running joke of referring to her as Katy Perry.
  • Options

Thai king in unstable medical condition:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37634077

I think it's pretty clear that he is drifting towards his end, which could cause problems given his successor isn't as well regarded etc.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Missouri - Monmouth Uni - Sample 406 - 9-11 Oct

Clinton 41 .. Trump 46

http://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_MO_101216/
  • Options
    Anyway, time to go and indulge the joys of proofreading. And also play Tomb Raider. But mostly proofreading.
  • Options
    I am simultaneously android delighted and annoyed by this.

Delighted because it is an excellent description of what was happening. Pissed of because I was in the middle of requesting the data to analyse myself to find this out.

The way the Black vote jumped in such a huge digital step up and down had made me very suspicious of the weighting and number if African Americans in the poll.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

chestnut said:

Y
    chestnut said:

Its a glorified county council.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,880
    edited October 2016
    So in the "awkward" squad we have:

Ken Clarke
    Anna Soubry
    Dominic Grieve
    Claire Perry
    Chris Philp
    Nicky Morgan
    Stephen Phillips

If it came to a vote, that leaves a working majority of just 2.

Yes I know, Philips voted to Leave, and I haven't factored in the DUP -- but it's tight all the same.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,442

Ken Clarke
    Anna Soubry
    Dominic Grieve
    Claire Perry
    Chris Philp
    Nicky Morgan
    Stephen Phillips

Yes I know, Philips voted to Leave, and I haven't factored in the DUP -- but it's right all the same.

Except Labour MPs wont all be in one direction on this surely?
  • Options

Ken Clarke
    Anna Soubry
    Dominic Grieve
    Claire Perry
    Chris Philp
    Nicky Morgan
    Stephen Phillips

Yes I know, Philips voted to Leave, and I haven't factored in the DUP -- but it's right all the same.

I doubt it, the Police are on the look out for creepy clowns, it's only a matter of time until they're picked up.
  • Options

I doubt it, the Police are on the look out for creepy clowns, it's only a matter of time until they're picked up.

https://twitter.com/brookestimes/status/786178606221316097
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    edited October 2016
    Alistair said:

I am simultaneously android delighted and annoyed by this.

Just be careful you don't burst into flames.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,880
    If May can hold on, perhaps immigration will actually go down naturally in response to a falling pound and uncertainties over residency status:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/12/number-of-eu-workers-coming-to-britain-to-fall-sharply-before-br/
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Who will spare us from the horror of a democratic verdict being acted upon? *swoon*
  • Options
    Essexit said:

Who will spare us from the horror of a democratic verdict being acted upon? *swoon*

Parliament.

That's what you wanted, right? Parliamentary Sovereignty.

You won. Suck it up...
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Essexit said:

Parliament.

You won. Suck it up...
    Yes, we the people won:

LEAVE 52%
    REMAIN 48%

• Options
    edited October 2016
    @ITVJoel: Unilever told Tesco it wanted to up its prices by 10% due to weak £. Tesco refused and so, as of today, Unilever is not supplying them.

@PaulBrandITV: Brexit just got real. No more Hellmans Mayo or Marmite in Tesco! twitter.com/itvjoel/status…

@PaulBrandITV: Or online at least - still in stores
  • Options

Ken Clarke
    Anna Soubry
    Dominic Grieve
    Claire Perry
    Chris Philp
    Nicky Morgan
    Stephen Phillips

Yes I know, Philips voted to Leave, and I haven't factored in the DUP -- but it's tight all the same.

Nicholas Soames, George Osborne and others too. People will be calculating when to stand up and speak out. There will be Labour MPs going the other way, of course. And at some stage Corbyn and McDonnell are going to want to sabotage the whole Labour effort.

• Options
    Scott_P said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbC_HNHQ9JY
  • Options
    @JoannaPartridge: I've been told #Tesco isn't the only major retailer which has been approached by #Unilever, who are demanding 10% price rises across board
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@ITVJoel: Unilever told Tesco it wanted to up its prices by 10% due to weak £. Tesco refused and so, as of today, Unilever is not supplying them.

@PaulBrandITV: Brexit just got real. No more Hellmans Mayo or Marmite in Tesco! twitter.com/itvjoel/status…

@PaulBrandITV: Or online at least - still in stores

who will it hurt more Unilever or Tesco ?

few people go to a supermarket just for one product
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@JoannaPartridge: I've been told #Tesco isn't the only major retailer which has been approached by #Unilever, who are demanding 10% price rises across board

sell Unilever
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Essexit said:

Parliament.

You won. Suck it up...
    Thanks for the admission that you want Parliament to block Brexit!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 1,614
    Is there a current price anywhere for the UK NOT to leave the EU? It's got to be a value bet now. If Jeremy Corbyn is landing blows over Brexit, it's dead in the water.
This discussion has been closed.