Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB could get squeezed in Witney and end up with a single figu

12346»

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969

Even if he were literally dead, Trump (or his survivors) would have a hard time getting him dropped from a number of state ballots. And "Vote Trump, Get Pence!" as a slogan isn't all that convincing.

So, he'll get sworn into office and the next moment, hand the Speaker of the House a resignation letter? Pence, who just got sworn as Veep, then gets immediately sworn in as President. During those precious few seconds, will said Speaker be technically head of state?

Draft Ivanka? :D
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

twitter.com/Yamiche/status/784564766211727360

twitter.com/Yamiche/status/784565272464064512

Pretty absurd that the party is powerless.
    Still doubting my sources RobD ?
    Wasn't doubting them, just wanted to read it if it was from an article, for example!
    I haven't been banging about Trump needing to resign for some days now out of nowhere.
    Anyone can see he's in a bad place! And you can't blame me for wanting to read up a little more gossip on the matter, can you?

On your edit - How can the RNC act. They are powerless to remove him?
    Lawyers can do a lot with the RNC rules, one opition is to declare him mentally incapacitated.

It can be done, the question is if Trump does a deal to do it voluntarity or not.

The RNC will offer him a deal probably, a pardon plus some other goodies in exchange for him to go voluntary, a golden parachute.

If Trump refuses, then the RNC lawyers take over.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,074
    Speedy said:

RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

Wasn't doubting them, just wanted to read it if it was from an article, for example!
    I haven't been banging about Trump needing to resign for some days now out of nowhere.
    Anyone can see he's in a bad place! And you can't blame me for wanting to read up a little more gossip on the matter, can you?

Lawyers can do a lot with the RNC rules, one opition is to declare him mentally incapacitated.
    That's crazy talk.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

Speedy said:

I'm back because I've heard some more developments are coming regarding Trump.

There are at least 4 more tapes to come out from the same NBC production team, that contain far far far worse stuff that Trump has said.

Basically the cameras and microphones where on all the time during the Apprentice's entire run when not filming, so you can imagine what Trump was saying behind the scenes and was secretly recorded.

It's the Hot Mic of all Hot Mics.

And there is more even worse to come after the tapes.

Hillary's camp is planning to leak them all one by one almost everyday till election day.

I guess that Trump has about till Monday to resign on his own terms, after that it would be so bad the RNC might be forced to move against him.

Where did you read this?
    My sources include, but not limited too, a Mark Halperin.
    Hm, he hasn't made any tweets recently. Care to share your sources?
    I haven't seen anything on Twitter about this from anyone yet
  • Options
    Must say, American politics is a cluster ****.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    Speedy said:

RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

Speedy said:

RobD said:

It can be done, the question is if Trump does a deal to do it voluntarity or not.

The RNC will offer him a deal probably, a pardon plus some other goodies in exchange for him to go voluntary, a golden parachute.

If Trump refuses, then the RNC lawyers take over.
    Can you imagine how the base would react to Trump being bumped from the ticket? The people involved would literally get lynched.
  • Options
    Golly this is a feast of trench warfare now

I've seen oodles of juicy eye-popping stuff so far, and it's only a few hours in.

Wikileaks
    #PodestaEmails: Sanders once wrote that women fantasize about "being raped by three men simultaneously." https://t.co/HqY3q9Dc6I https://t.co/YXqdpwXJpp
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

Even if he were literally dead, Trump (or his survivors) would have a hard time getting him dropped from a number of state ballots.

That's putting it mildly. People are already voting.
  • Options
    Sean Hannity
    @realDonaldTrump words are very inappropriate. Bills BEHAVIOR, and Bill and Hillary smearing of woman is now in play https://t.co/PdOj5esDzW
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Sean Hannity
    @realDonaldTrump words are very inappropriate. Bills BEHAVIOR, and Bill and Hillary smearing of woman is now in play https://t.co/PdOj5esDzW

I don't see how this draws Bill into it. If Hillary had been unfaithful, or talked about grabbing guys by the balls, then fair enough... :p
  • Options
    Kevin_McCandlessKevin_McCandless Posts: 392
    edited October 2016
    Ohio is still close. Florida is still close. Nevada is still close. And the media is flaky. If Trump can pull off a win on points Sunday, their narrative will about his comeback. Or about him changing the national debate back to the economy and e-mails.

So, at any rate, early Monday morning will be interesting....
  • Options
    RobD said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sean Hannity

I don't see how this draws Bill into it. If Hillary had been unfaithful, or talked about grabbing guys by the balls, then fair enough... :p
    Bill inserting cigars is rather putting locker room bragging in perspective.

It's given establishment GOP a good posturing to distance themselves. The media are going bananas and my timeline is full of who cares compared to Hillary wanting open borders?

Two entirely different languages talking.
  • Options
    I've seen this tweeted a lot so far.

It's really quite a WTF - and insultingly funny.

Listen to #HillaryClinton talk about what a SCAM the fake '#refugee' crisis is
    #TrumpTape #PodestaEmails https://t.co/NIJIycTSku
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

RobD said:

PlatoSaid said:

Sean Hannity

Bill inserting cigars is rather putting locker room bragging in perspective.

It's given establishment GOP a good posturing to distance themselves. The media are going bananas and my timeline is full of who cares compared to Hillary wanting open borders?

Two entirely different languages talking.
    Agreed that it would be a shame to decide an election based on what happened 10 years ago than policy, but there you go. A crumb of comfort for the GOP is they may hold the congress.
  • Options
    On Topic

Betting Post

A characteristically canny betting opportunity from OGH, although inevitably the odds to which he refers have shortened as a result of his thread and are now 9/4 against Labour winning 5% - 10% and 12/1 against them winning < 5% 0f the Witney vote.
    By staking 80% on the former and 20% on the latter, an equalised winning return of 1.6/1 is achieved should either element prove successful.
    I'm on!

DYOR
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Can you imagine how the base would react to Trump being bumped from the ticket? The people involved would literally get lynched.

Actually with all these scandals and with more to come, and with Trump getting crushed in the polls, and getting crushed in the debates, the GOP base is already begging for Pence to replace Trump.

I look at that Morning Consult poll and I see Trump at only 13% among GOP voters for a 2020 primary and I see there won't be much resistence to it.

This is the difference between early August and now, back then there was still hope that Trump could recover and could win with the debates at least.
    But now Trump is seen as a loser with his supporters and they would prefer Pence, especially since Pence won his debate.

Back in August there would have been an uproar, now they would accept it as salvation, this time the base wants Trump replaced.

This has been a long night, so goodnight.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,702
    RobD said:

It almost makes Labour look disciplined and well organised. Almost
  • Options
    Fancy seeing you here at this hour, Peter!
  • Options

RobD said:

I think HM should intervene and appoint an interim Governor.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    Betfair midprices:

Clinton 1.355
    Sanders 190
    Biden 265
    Kaine 730

Trump 4.5
    Pence 105
    Ryan 130

Implied probability of neither Clinton nor Trump: 4.0%.

I think someone has to reach 50 to get onto Michael Dent's graph at betdata.io. Pence may make it soon!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited October 2016
    RobD said:

RobD said:

I think HM should intervene and appoint an interim Governor.
    Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is facing a row over his new shadow cabinet, after the chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party said he was not informed about the reshuffle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37594424

Queeny twitter like Matt right on the money.

https://twitter.com/Queen_UK/status/779653615757758464
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,702
    Bagehot on May:

No one can accuse the prime minister of being vague about the course she wants Britain to take. At the very least, opponents must rise to the same standard—and offer an alternative.

http://www.economist.com/node/21708223
  • Options

You can tell when these type of scandals are been carefully coordinated. If a normal story breaks, all the editors send out their reports to dig the dirt and scoop the rivals asap, and you get this messy set of stories all appearing at the same time, often outlets talking over one another with similar story or incomplete story with a different angle on it.

When you get story, with each day a little bit being added, then just as it has died, another angle appears, and always just a single source has it...you know their has been planning and coordination.

Smashing Trump into the ground a month before the election would be a dangerous game for the Clinton campaign, if you are implying that they're calling the shots. He walks out and he's OK being out of politics - he's probably richer than OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson, he can tell himself a "quitter" isn't a "loser", and he'll find someone to blame - but as for Clinton, her line drops below Pence's and he wins practically by a walkover.
  • Options
    RobD said:

I won't be staying long .... just adding my two penn'orth to Mike's excellent betting spot.
  • Options

RobD said:

I won't be staying long .... just adding my two penn'orth to Mike's excellent betting spot.
    Lulling me into a false sense of security.... how convenient :p
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Is Clinton losing her good sense? Regarding her alleged query about droning Assange, "It would have been a joke if it had been said, but I don't recall that." A "joke" about murdering someone.

@Kelly O'Donnell: "NEW Sources tell me @realDonaldTrump has recorded an on camera video so he can be 'sole messenger' to further apologize for lewd comments"

I thought he'd only said he was sorry if someone was offended and declared that Bill Clinton said things that were worse. That's an apology?
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    Dromedary said:

Is Clinton losing her good sense? Regarding her alleged query about droning Assange, "It would have been a joke if it had been said, but I don't recall that." A "joke" about murdering someone.

@Kelly O'Donnell: "NEW Sources tell me @realDonaldTrump has recorded an on camera video so he can be 'sole messenger' to further apologize for lewd comments"

I thought he'd only said he was sorry if someone was offended and declared that Bill Clinton said things that were worse. That's an apology?

It sounds bad, but also plausible.
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

Has she been taking lessons about excuses from McMao?
  • Options
    FREE MONEY ***** FREE MONEY ***** FREE MONEY

At present, it's possible to back Mike Pence to be the next POTUS at 200/1 with Wm. Hill and lay him at 139/1 (excl 5% comm'n) with Betfair,
  • Options
    edited October 2016

And "Vote Trump, Get Pence!" as a slogan isn't all that convincing.

"Vote Weiss, Get Nadler" worked fine in the 2004 congressional election in New York after Ted Weiss died on 14 September, too late for his name to get taken off the ballots.
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited October 2016
    Nothing in the British newspapers so far as I can see, concerning Trump's alleged indiscetions. The Times, amongst others, appear more concerned about Labour's newly appointed Shadow Home Secretary.
  • Options
    New thread... (sorry Peter!)
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

AndyJS said:

619 said:

CNN: NYT to report shortly that Miss Utah, 1997, says Trump kissed her on the lips, unsolicited. She was stunned.

I wonder how long they've had this information.
    Clinton's are a well oiled, well funded, political machine. Team Clinton have never really broken up, they have bounced between White House and Clinton Foundation payrolls. Just going through the gears now.

With Trump standing, it is less of the dusting down the files from the correct filing cabinet, more having to sort through the rooms full of dirt to decide which to use.

It has clearly been carefully coordinated. The Clinton hand grenade at the end of the debate...crow barred in out of nowhere (I actually think she forgot and then went shit shit shit need to get this in)...then the daily drip drip drip of harmless stories all carefully coming out in a nice steady stream.
    The Miss Universe thing going at the very end was entirely deliberate. By making it the last thing it made it the thing Trump would remember from the debate.

Masterful goading.

I think Clinton will soft pedal the coming debate.
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    Lib Dems did so well at Eastleight? They lost 15% of their vote. Not a good guide.
This discussion has been closed.