Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Some sobering polling for the Corbynites

13»

Comments

• Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    Moses_ said:

Oh dear.....This is not going to end well for the juniors.........

"Senior Doctors Condemn Strikes By Junior Colleagues

Britain's top medics attack plans by junior colleagues to stage a series of five-day strikes, describing them as disproportionate."

http://news.sky.com/story/junior-doctors-announce-15-more-days-of-strikes-10561762

I'm not sure going on strike, citing concern about patient safety, and then actually putting patient safety at risk is a good tactic.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    MTimT said:

MTimT said:

AnneJGP said:

FPT @HurstLlama

No, I have never played Backgammon. A quick google - seems complicated.

I learned to play Mahjong solitaire quite recently though.

Backgammon is to dice games what poker is to card games. Yes, there is chance, but it's all about calculating the odds and adjusting them as new data (new rolls of the dice) comes in.
    Utter tripe. Poker is about psychology and bluffing. Backgammon is just boring old probabilities.
    The psychology and the bluffing are built on the probabilities.
    SJ Simon said that a poker player will make more money than a bridge player.playing for the same stakes.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

Mortimer said:

Fpt:

Mortimer said:

Interesting to see a May intervention about the Docs strikes on telly - I wonder if she has seen at first hand how Cameron (and Blair) overdid the PR 'trust me to resolve this' peice to camera and realised that it works better the less it is used.

Interesting to see that even the BBC are highlighting the significance of the five day strike..

Headlines in the papers are bad for the doctors with even the Guardian expressing concern and highlighting how the doctors are at war with each other.

Irrespective of the dispute how can any doctor agree to such recklessness with peoples lives. My wife is furious with them and cannot even start to comprehend how callous they have become.

I am waiting for surgery on a bilateral hernia and am unlikely to receive treatment for six months here in Wales and understand that NHS Wales are using the private sector to try to stem the lengthening waiting lists.

This is not going to end well for the doctors if they do not call off this ill advised and highly political action
    How, exactly, is it not going to end well for the doctors? Why do you think the waiting lists are lengthening? What do you think will happen to the waiting lists if fed up doctors piss off to New Zealand?
    New Zealand has a population about the size of Wales. They can't all go there.
    New Zealand's population is about 50% bigger than Wales. 4.5 million v. 3 million
    how many football pitches is that?
    how many sheep is that?
  • Options

MTimT said:

AnneJGP said:

FPT @HurstLlama

No, I have never played Backgammon. A quick google - seems complicated.

I learned to play Mahjong solitaire quite recently though.

Backgammon is to dice games what poker is to card games. Yes, there is chance, but it's all about calculating the odds and adjusting them as new data (new rolls of the dice) comes in.
    Utter tripe. Poker is about psychology and bluffing. Backgammon is just boring old probabilities.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2100101-how-winning-at-cards-can-help-you-win-at-life/
    psychology has no place in modern high stakes poker...it all game theory & by extension probabilities, as is backgammon.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    RobD said:

Anyone with any doubt that Brexit was a good thing can read this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/01/victory-for-the-entente-cordiale-winston-churchills-favourite-fr/

:D

A great bit of journalism and marketing of course, but surely there was nothing stopping them offering a pint bottle before and simply labelling it in mls?
This discussion has been closed.