Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Betting on will Boris Johnson’s tenure as Foreign Secretary

SystemSystem Posts: 11,705
edited July 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Betting on will Boris Johnson’s tenure as Foreign Secretary will end

Like many I suspect Boris thought his ambition to be Prime Minister was over after Michael Gove’s transformation into Frank Underwood, but Gove is now looking more like Frank Spencer than Frank Underwood whilst Boris is now Foreign Secretary.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,207
    First!
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Would have been but got that ID thing again. Second
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,602
    So I've managed to namecheck Frank Underwood, Frank Spencer, and Robert Boothby in the same thread header, my work here is done.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    What is this about ? A Boris cult ? The man is a buffoon.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Lib Dems Winning Here!
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,453

So I've managed to namecheck Frank Underwood, Frank Spencer, and Robert Boothby in the same thread header, my work here is done.

Tedious Tory Twat :)

(only kidding!)
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146

No one needs to own it now although the Commonwealth will come to be its foremost institute in time.

You think the USA will join the Commonwealth or that the Commonwealth will surpass it?

What political framework will the Commonwealth use?
  • Options

No one needs to own it now although the Commonwealth will come to be its foremost institute in time.

You think the USA will join the Commonwealth or that the Commonwealth will surpass it?

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts will take over the world !
  • Options

There are plenty of Republics in the Commonwealth, like India.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,472
    "Knuckled down" is not how I would describe Boris's time as London Mayor. He was hardly ever on the job, and when he was there he treated the whole thing as some kind of joke.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,207
    IanB2 said:

"Knuckled down" is not how I would describe Boris's time as London Mayor. He was hardly ever on the job, and when he was there he treated the whole thing as some kind of joke.

Well, to be fair, Mayor of London is a bit of joke.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    IanB2 said:

Evidence?

• Options
    Paul_BedfordshirePaul_Bedfordshire Posts: 3,632
    edited July 2016

And it wont become something like the EU, more like ICANN and the Anglosphere will be like the internet (and the current Commonwealth) nobody will really own it.

That will make it incredibly successful. An alliance of free trading sovereign democracies sharing common values with the Queen or King as its titular head - much as the Statute of Westminster intended.

And yes, I suspect both the USA and Ireland will eventually join it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Johnson insisted that there was no chance of the Brexit vote being reversed. “The British have decided to leave. It is like cricket – when the umpire tells you you are out, you are out,” he said. “It is curious how effective that metaphor is.”

Actually not. Replays can decide otherwise.
  • Options
    The most likely reason for Boris to leave the Foreign Office will be as the result of a Cabinet re-shuffle approx 12-18 months before the scheduled May 2020 General Election.
    Consequently, not only is 2019 the most likely year, it's also inexplicably the most generously priced at 10/1. Accordingly, I've invested a pint's worth of Old Speckled Hen.

DYOR.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    The Boris bet is also about Theresa May. We know David Cameron hated reshuffles but we don't know the same is true of our new Prime Minister. No bet for me.
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494
    Pulpstar said:
    Gadaffi fan also supports Trump? That's really not going to help.
  • Options

And it wont become something like the EU, more like ICANN and the Anglosphere will be like the internet (and the current Commonwealth) nobody will really own it.

That will make it incredibly successful. An alliance of free trading sovereign democracies sharing common values with the Queen or King as its titular head - much as the Statute of Westminster intended.

George Washington, Benjamin Franklin................they are just spinning in their graves right now !
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Johnson insisted that there was no chance of the Brexit vote being reversed. “The British have decided to leave. It is like cricket – when the umpire tells you you are out, you are out,” he said. “It is curious how effective that metaphor is.”

52% LEAVE
    48% REMAIN
  • Options

If only the Statute had applied to the non-white colonies (as were) in 1931!
  • Options

surbiton said:

52% LEAVE
    48% REMAIN
    As long as the Brexiters leave it to Parliament to decide the final settlement, I am onside. We will get what we want.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

An alliance of free trading sovereign democracies sharing common values with the Queen or King as its titular head - much as the Statute of Westminster intended.

I suspect you're a sandwich short of a picnic. ;)
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,472

IanB2 said:

Evidence?

Testimony of people who work at city hall and personal experience
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    more people believe it was an islmaic attack then just a shooting rampage.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    nunu said:

more people believe it was an islmaic attack then just a shooting rampage.
    Boris and the phrase, "shooting from the hip" should not be used in the same sentence. Geddit?
  • Options
    DisraeliDisraeli Posts: 1,106
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

52% LEAVE
    48% REMAIN
    As long as the Brexiters leave it to Parliament to decide the final settlement, I am onside. We will get what we want.
    A thousand pardons for being thick - but I am tired and struggling against sleep. This is a genuinely friendly question because I am unsure what you mean. :smile:

When you say "We will get what we want." .....

Who is "we", and what is "what we want"?

• Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited July 2016
    OT I was reading around the case for (and against!) Hinckley-C.

Decided to have a look back at the last nuclear power station that we built, Sizewell-B. It just confirms that we're crap at planning and making decisions. It was originally envisaged in 1969(!). Design decision for an AGR was announced in 1980. the public enquiry took over three years. Ground was broken in 1987 and it entered service in 1995.

We have got to be more decisive as a country.
  • Options

If only the Statute had applied to the non-white colonies (as were) in 1931!
    Most of them didn't have the governance infrastructure in place - you would I fear have ended up with twenty or thirty Rhodesias..

But India did and it was a disaster that they were not included, had they been partition might have been avoided.
  • Options
    Police in Germany have arrested another teenager in connection with the 'lone wolf' shooting in Munich.
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    surbiton said:

What happens in a cricket match if one side breaks all the rules? It maks a nonsense of the whole thing, and certainly you would not be "out" if the game were played properly.

Similarly with a Referendum or an election. When one side goes in for downright lies and promises that it knows cannot be implemented, that also makes nonsense of the result.

Our political system depends on respect for the rules. With his dishonesty and buffoonery, Boris Johnson runs the risk of bringing down our whole democratic system. I have no respect for the result of the referendum, nor for this government.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

surbiton said:

What happens in a cricket match if one side breaks all the rules? It maks a nonsense of the whole thing, and certainly you would not be "out" if the game were played properly.

Similarly with a Referendum or an election. When one side goes in for downright lies and promises that it knows cannot be implemented, that also makes nonsense of the result.

Our political system depends on respect for the rules. With his dishonesty and buffoonery, Boris Johnson runs the risk of bringing down our whole democratic system. I have no respect for the result of the referendum, nor for this government.
    Yawn. Brexit won, get over it.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,324
    I can't imagine Boris resigning of his own volition. However, I bet at some point there's going to be a nasty bust-up involving Boris, Fox and DD. Fox or DD will flounce off amid fireworks, probably claiming that May and her acolytes are sabotaging their Brexit agenda, and Boris will be brought down in the ensuing mayhem. This is the Tory euro-sceptic hard-right we're talking about. It's bound to happen.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    I agree with TSE, the 6/4 should be 4/6 or maybe evens. But across the time period, there's no point.
  • Options

PClipp said:

surbiton said:

Says the person who hasn't got over the American War of Independence.
  • Options
    If Hillary Clinton is blaming the Russians for leaking DNC emails, why did she decide to have an unauthorised private email server while Secretary of State?
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Mr Surbiton,

"Actually not. Replays can decide otherwise."

It's a replay of what has already occurred, not a re-run. So by all means have a recount. I suspect you'll find that Leave wins no matter how many times you count the ballot papers.

Rejoice Surby, the people have spoken and the verdict is clear.
  • Options
    John_M said:

Decided to have a look back at the last nuclear power station that we built, Sizewell-B. It just confirms that we're crap at planning and making decisions. It was originally envisaged in 1969(!). Design decision for an AGR was announced in 1980. the public enquiry took over three years. Ground was broken in 1987 and it entered service in 1995.

Yup agree.

Probably do it quicker as well if they didn't keep finding rare species on the site that are not even domicile or haven't been seen in the area for centuries but just happen to "reappear" right st the point the planning is being considered.

Swampy up a tree doesn't help either.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    PClipp said:

surbiton said:

Not in any legal sense, as far as I'm aware, unless they are direct lies about one's specific opponent. Making promises in a manifesto and immediately dropping them after victyory is not against the rules for instance.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,999
    FPT

viewcode said:

...Britain still has a vast cultural empire covering about a third of the worlds surface...[reply excised...we created it and are still a big player in it, we made up the rules they run on to this day...

If by "it" you mean the Anglosphere, we don't own it and are not the sole creators of it.

[EDIT: unnest blockquotes]

I never said we were.

We don't need to own it because we created it.

Legal system and common law - check.

Language - check.

Parliamentary system - check, even for USA which has an elected Georgian Monarch.

Thats the framework. No one needs to own it now although the Commonwealth will come to be its foremost institute in time.
    If you didn't intend to say that we owned the Anglosphere, then your use of the word "has" in the statement "...Britain still has a vast cultural empire..." was ill-chosen

We did not create the legal system of the United States (although we are recognised as a source).

We did not create the Parliamentary system: from memory, parliaments (in the sense of people coming together to discuss problems - hence "parlement", from the Old French) existed prior to England.

We did create the Westminster System, but the USA does not use it: in fact they specifically rejected it after the Revolution. The Australians also use a variation (the "Washminster Mutation") which no longer easily maps to it.

Stating that we created the Anglosphere is like the middle guy in a relay race saying he created the win, or like saying one man wrote a Wikipedia article. People before us developed principles, we developed them further and included different sources, people after us developed them further still. We are not the progenitor nor owner of it.
  • Options
    Debbie Wasserman Schultz has announced she's resigning after the Democratic convention.

We should expect some fireworks this week.
  • Options

PClipp said:

surbiton said:

23rd June is our Independence Day!

*crowd cheers*
  • Options

Police in Germany have arrested another teenager in connection with the 'lone wolf' shooting in Munich.

cover up incoming............
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

I can't imagine Boris resigning of his own volition. However, I bet at some point there's going to be a nasty bust-up involving Boris, Fox and DD. Fox or DD will flounce off amid fireworks, probably claiming that May and her acolytes are sabotaging their Brexit agenda, and Boris will be brought down in the ensuing mayhem. This is the Tory euro-sceptic hard-right we're talking about. It's bound to happen.

I agree.

He has a lot of potential enemies on the right of the party who see him as a useful idiot that should be disposed of asap.
  • Options
    DisraeliDisraeli Posts: 1,106
    PClipp said:

surbiton said:

Mr PClipp, we were originally taken into the EU (or "EEC" as it was known at the time) with some of the biggest political lies ever told - larger than anything told by the LEAVE or REMAIN side in the recent referendum. These lies were repeated in the 1975 referendum, which I lived through as an adult.

So don't preach to me about lies and the EU. I've had a bellyfull from the europhiles over the years - the worst culprits being the LibDems.
  • Options
    Mr Clipp,

"I have no respect for the result of the referendum."

Oh, the horror. I'll never sleep peacefully again.

Diddums.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

PClipp said:

surbiton said:

Not in any legal sense, as far as I'm aware, unless they are direct lies about one's specific opponent. Making promises in a manifesto and immediately dropping them after victyory is not against the rules for instance.
    I believe you can restate manifesto commitments as 'ambitions' and then 'beliefs'. The problem for His Imperial Majesty's Remainer holdouts is that their campaign told some absolute whoppers. Exhibit A: George Osborne's £4,300 per household cost for Brexit. Even the IFS called him on it.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669

Debbie Wasserman Schultz has announced she's resigning after the Democratic convention.

We should expect some fireworks this week.

It wasn't voluntary. She will gavel the convention in and out and be gone. CNN correspondent and Democratic activist Donna Brazile will serve out the balance of Schultz' term.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

surbiton said:

Ahhh bless......what a shame...... never mind heh?
  • Options
    nunu said:

16 year old Afghani national, according to Munich Police official Twitter feed.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Mr Disraeli,

"So don't preach to me about lies and the EU. I've had a bellyfull from the europhiles over the years."

The sulky Remainers tend to be those of tender years - the "Snowflake generation." All their childhood dreams have died in a burst of reality. Tread softly with them.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

PClipp said:

surbiton said:

Labours referendum promise for example.
  • Options

PClipp said:

surbiton said:

23rd June is our Independence Day!

*crowd cheers*
    We'll celebrate the anniversary each year by placing bets on when Article 50 will be triggered.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292

nunu said:

"locally known as Derek"?
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Mr Disraeli,

"So don't preach to me about lies and the EU. I've had a bellyfull from the europhiles over the years."

The sulky Remainers tend to be those of tender years - the "Snowflake generation." All their childhood dreams have died in a burst of reality. Tread softly with them.

I've discovered here that saying that a glorious future in the Anglosphere-Commonwealth now awaits us really gets under the skin of remainers.
  • Options
    Michael "no big sodas for the peasants" Bloomberg to endorse Hilary Clinton.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    edited July 2016
    John_M said:

kle4 said:

PClipp said:

surbiton said:

Simi

I believe you can restate manifesto commitments as 'ambitions' and then 'beliefs'. The problem for His Imperial Majesty's Remainer holdouts is that their campaign told some absolute whoppers. Exhibit A: George Osborne's £4,300 per household cost for Brexit. Even the IFS called him on it.
    The main problem with the 'lies were told' argument is not even that - it's that each side pointed out what it said were the lies of its opponents, very vocally, and people still voted the way they did knowing that, or willfully ignoring the warnings. I was angry about Leave peddling the Turkey nonsense for instance, but Remain pointed out the problems with it, and someone out there may still have decided to vote Leave on that basis regardless.

It's all very well being angry about lies or misleading statements made - they were definitely made - but people who heard them and were affected by them were given the 'truth' from the other side and made their own judgement to ignore it. People vote for stupid reasons all the time, we cannot know precisely which stupid reason they voted for, so you cannot exactly screen out the votes or invalidate the contest because of stupid claims made during the campaign, and the same applies to lies - tell people reason x they voted was a lie, and most, if they believe it, will say they voted for another reason.

But let's pretend we live in a world where only one side ever tells lies, that we know exactly why people voted as they did en masse, and that despite the claims being countered publicly and apparently ignored, that it is fair to overturn it. Let's pretend similar claims like because old people won't experience the aftermath as much, they shouldn't get to vote on certain matters (presumably if life expectancy is within 5 years of death at an election they should be disqualified). This is all terribly helpful in figuring out the next step.

Mr Clipp and others - the fight for the best possible Brexit terms is still on. Plenty of Leavers and Remainers may now have common cause. But it is also possible they don't work together and Harder Brexiteers will win the day. Is that better?
  • Options

nunu said:

Is it too soon to say '16 years old, my arse?'
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,070
    IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Evidence?

From what I hear, Boris was a very effective delegator, who surrounded himself with good people, and let them do their jobs. (Albeit, he liked to be front and centre of any successes.)

I don't know how well that skill set moves to the role of Foreign Secretary.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    John_M said:

nunu said:

Why have all these Germans got English and Welsh names?

What is wrong with Helmut Hans and A....
  • Options

CD13 said:

Mr Disraeli,

I've discovered here that saying that a glorious future in the Anglosphere-Commonwealth now awaits us really gets under the skin of remainers.
    I think it's all part of a nefarious scheme to get the Americans to play cricket.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Evidence?

From what I hear, Boris was a very effective delegator, who surrounded himself with good people, and let them do their jobs. (Albeit, he liked to be front and centre of any successes.)

They'll love him in Cheltenham.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292

John_M said:

nunu said:

Why have all these Germans got English names?
    More importantly why was David S known as Dave when his real name was Rodney!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Evidence?

Depends how much say in choosing his team he has.
  • Options
    Mr4,

Indeed. Lies are the conversation of politics and your definition of lie depends on whether it's said by your side or the other side. When people mature, they begin to realise this. Hence I try not to be too unkind to those young people who have problems facing reality.

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Evidence?

He will wholeheartedly thrust himself deeply into foreign affairs......
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Tim_B said:

CD13 said:

Mr Disraeli,

I think it's all part of a nefarious scheme to get the Americans to play cricket.
    They do play Cricket. The first first class international was US v Canada. Indeed the only reason that the first first class England international was against Australia was due to the civil war making a tour of the US impossible.

Said civil war also resulted in baseball eclipsing it because it was easier to set up baseball.

Fortunately immigrants from India are doing good work in helping to revive it in US and Canada.
  • Options

To be more accurate, it was the inaccuracies in the statements you made, and your presentation of a desired future as a prediction.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    viewcode said:

To be more accurate, it was the inaccuracies in the statements you made, and your presentation of a desired future as a prediction.

They were broad sweep statements, not detailed tracts to try and satisfy legalists and liberals. It will happen.
  • Options
    John_M said:

Indecisiveness will hopefully save us a fortune as regards to Hinckley-C.

In the old days, the electricity generation model (predict and provision), was based around getting a bunch of baseload (inflexibly, high capital cost, low marginal cost) that constantly provided the minimum electricity levels for the country. So, you'd look to fill (say) 60% of minimum demand with nuclear, and another 50% or so with coal. (One of the pains about nuclear is that load factors - i.e. how often the plant is on-line and generating - are almost always sub 80%. In other words, one week in five, they're off-line for scheduled, or more often unschedule, maintenance work.) The rest of the generating capacity would be taken up with peaking plants: these would vary from CCGTs, which took a while to spin up; OCGTs; and diesel generators.

Two things have changed:
    1. Gas was always considered the expensive option, which you'd use to provide additional power on top of coal. Gas is now a lot cheaper than coal because (a) gas plants require a lot less maintenance (no troublesome ash to deal with, no difficult mechanical belts to get coal into the furnace); (b) the cost of gas has collapsed; and (c) CCGTs are a lot more efficient at turning calories into kilowatts.

2. We've introduced renewables into the mix, which mean that the grid prefers electricity sources that can ramp up and ramp down incredibly quickly. Those old coal plants can take up to nine hours to reach full efficiency; if the wind stops blowing, they are genuinely useless. As renewables - and particularly "behind the meter" renewables - become more common, they start eating into baseload.

Finally, we now have metric shit tonnes (that's a technical term) of gas available from friendly countries. Two friendly countries - Australia, and the United States - will be 2020 be producing as much LNG as the world market was in 2010.

Anyone building anything other than a CCGT today needs their head examining.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Lights blue touch paper and retreats...

Donald Trump has said people from France and Germany could face 'extreme vetting' before entering the United States because their countries have been 'compromised by terrorism'.
    In his nomination acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, he said he wanted to crack down on immigration with countries where terror attacks were rife.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3705400/Trump-says-French-Germans-face-extreme-vetting-entering-compromised-terrorism.html#ixzz4FMQ06tf5
  • Options
    edited July 2016

They were broad sweep statements...

I agree that they were "broad sweep statements"... :(

[EDIT: Unnest blockquotes]
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Lights blue touch paper and retreats...

Donald Trump has said people from France and Germany could face 'extreme vetting' before entering the United States because their countries have been 'compromised by terrorism'.
    In his nomination acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention, he said he wanted to crack down on immigration with countries where terror attacks were rife.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3705400/Trump-says-French-Germans-face-extreme-vetting-entering-compromised-terrorism.html#ixzz4FMQ06tf5

If 7/7 happens again in the next 18 months the same will happen with travellers from the UK.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Paul Kirkby
    The qualities men want in a wife versus those they want in an adult daughter. https://t.co/ibcI4S0KOm https://t.co/phBpYLCcPk

:smiley:
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

But Robert, you barbarian, what about the CO2 emissions? Won't somebody think of the children polar bears? Now excuse me, I'm off to make a flower bracelet.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Evidence?

I think there is an issue that the role of FS requires you do a chunk of negotiations yourself. Something he delegated in the role of mayor.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

52% LEAVE
    48% REMAIN
    I don't think the 48% of losers wanted Brexit...
  • Options
    John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

But Robert, you barbarian, what about the CO2 emissions? Won't somebody think of the children polar bears? Now excuse me, I'm off to make a flower bracelet.
    CCGTs emit pretty modest quantities of CO2.
  • Options

nunu said:

Alright, Dave?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

Logical thing would seem to be to can that Nuke Station in Somerset and bung Rolls Royce a wodge of taxpayers money to turn their sub nuke geberators into medium size power plants
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

Logical thing would seem to be to can that Nuke Station in Somerset and bung Rolls Royce a wodge of taxpayers money to turn their sub nuke geberators into medium size power plants
    The modular nuclear power station won't be viable. We need to make better long term bets like laser fusion and tidal.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Evidence?

I think there is an issue that the role of FS requires you do a chunk of negotiations yourself. Something he delegated in the role of mayor.
    Isnt that why May put Davis in charge of brexit negotiations?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

Paul Kirkby
    The qualities men want in a wife versus those they want in an adult daughter. https://t.co/ibcI4S0KOm https://t.co/phBpYLCcPk

This seems to be an example of entirely rational behaviour. One's plucky, independent, strong-minded and argumentative daughter will eventually leave home. After that, you can relax with your bimbo cum doormat of a wife. Sue me :).
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

The modular nuclear power station won't be viable. We need to make better long term bets like laser fusion and tidal.
    I struggle to find any cheaper way of generating power that will be cheaper than Distributed Solar + CCGTs for the next 50 years.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

Paul Kirkby

This seems to be an example of entirely rational behaviour. One's plucky, independent, strong-minded and argumentative daughter will eventually leave home. After that, you can relax with your bimbo cum doormat of a wife. Sue me :).
    :lol:
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494

nunu said:

Withholding information, looks like a school mate (not that he appears to have had many) who knew about it but kept quiet.
  • Options
    Thrak said:

nunu said:

Withholding information, looks like a school mate (not that he appears to have had many) who knew about it but kept quiet.
    Knew about his illegal guns presumably rather than his plans to smite various shoppers with them?
  • Options

nunu said:

Alright, Dave?
    This is going to be a bigger cover up than Cologne isn't it?
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,033

viewcode said:

They were broad sweep statements, not detailed tracts to try and satisfy legalists and liberals. It will happen.
    Bloody liberals obsessed with accuracies.
  • Options

John_M said:

nunu said:

Why have all these Germans got English and Welsh names?

What is wrong with Helmut Hans and A....
    David isn't English, it's Hebrew. It's a fairly common name in Germany as in the UK, but is pronounced dah-veed.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

I struggle to find any cheaper way of generating power that will be cheaper than Distributed Solar + CCGTs for the next 50 years.
    Nuclear Fusion is the way to go but the path to getting there is fraught with peril. Oh for Fusion in a Bottle. ;)
  • Options
    MikeK said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

Nuclear Fusion is the way to go but the path to getting there is fraught with peril. Oh for Fusion in a Bottle. ;)
    My PhD was on the magnetic confinement of plasma in toroidal devices such as tokamaks. Fusion power generation is indeed fraught with difficulties, and fusion power stations won't be a viable source of electricity for a long time, if ever. While their potential is enormous, the technical challenges are formidable, making fusion power a real long shot.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

John_M said:

Billions have been thrown at nuclear fusion. The problem is that it's really, really hard.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    There has been an explosion at a restaurant in Germany in Ansbach. No idea of cause yet. One dead, number injured.

Times like these you actually wish for it to be a gas cylinder accident.
  • Options
    EPG said:

viewcode said:

Bloody liberals obsessed with accuracies.
    Truthiness
  • Options
    nunu said:

nunu said:

Alright, Dave?
    This is going to be a bigger cover up than Cologne isn't it?
    That's just absurd. Why are people on this site so desperate for this to have been anything more than it very obviously appears to be: a rampage by a deranged kid with a grudge?
This discussion has been closed.