Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It could be a case of Corbynus interruptus in the Labour le

123457»

Comments

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited July 2016
    JackW said:

nunu said:

Well done to the British no.1
    Go Andy!

Absolutely. AndyJS spreadsheets are the best of British .. :smile:
    Knighthood to AndyJS for services to OGH.... :)
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,642
    surbiton said:

That is why I do not believe the gumpf for one second the Blairite MPs view and most of the Tories that they voted on the information presented to them.

Many of the those MPs (of whom many of the Labour ones were anything but "Blairites") didn't believe much of the information presented to them, since it was clearly subject to a lot of hype. Rather they came to the conclusion that behind all the exaggeration there was nonetheless at least some substance to the claim that Iraq did possess WMDs and that the case that HMG was putting forward was not built on a complete and utter lie.

Polling tells us that most of the UK public had come to a similar conclusion at the time, in terms of intervening in Iraq. I took a different view, but I recognise that it wasn't an easy decision for anyone. Lets lay off the venomous attitude all too prevalent on the hard left towards those who with hindsight got it wrong.

The decisions taken on Iraq in 2003 should have no relevance to choices in current UK politics.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    You win Wimbledon doubles and receive £50k. In the singles, you lose in the 2nd round, you receive £50k.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,290
    Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Barnesian said:

Charles said:

Barnesian said:

RobD said:

It was bloody rude of some of the crowd at Wimbledon to boo the PM. Why can't people just show some manners and separate sport from politics?

Agreed, and I have a sneaking suspicion it is more popular to boo Tories.
    You can understand why.
    No, I can't.

It's rude to boo anyone.

I guess the only reason why you might think it's more understandable is because you approve of the mob mentality and the picking on a single individual.

Contemptible.
    I was replying to the comment it is more popular to boo Tories.

The reason is that only one third of voters (and one quarter of the electorate) voted Tory. They are a minority but in power. That is why people boo them, even at Wimbledon. They aren't liked.

Edit: People don't doff their caps these days.
    I doubt the crowd would be exactly cheering Corbyn either if he turned up

Not sure about that!
    Given his very poor approval ratings you can be pretty sure of that
This discussion has been closed.