Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Might Balls be Labour’s answer at 100/1?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited June 2016
    RobD said:

Made no plans according to the speculation of one Tory MP. Any official word for HMG? Carney said the BoE and HM Treasury had planned.

Osborne said within the last week that HM Treasury had not made plans.
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited June 2016
    SeanT said:

Look at this. I am getting actively depressed. Other countries had prepared for Brexit. We hadn't. WE HADN'T.
    https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/statu.......
    Whether you are left, right, in out, LEAVE REMAIN or a transvestite Scotsman with a beach donkey fetish, that is just astonishing, an utter failure by the government. We are ill served.

Yes it will be good to see the back of Cameron and Osborne who failed to plan.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

I pray that they can get rid of Corbyn asap, for England's sake. Scotland have a credible political party but someone needs to step in to that role in England, the Corbyn opposition is a joke and the time for laughing is long gone.

Look at this. I am getting actively depressed. Other countries had prepared for Brexit. We hadn't. WE HADN'T.

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/747137245476425732

Whether you are left, right, in out, LEAVE REMAIN or a transvestite Scotsman with a beach donkey fetish, that is just astonishing, an utter failure by the government. We are ill served.
    Agree completely. Transpires that everyone thought Remain would win, so why bother planning? Serious plans were in place, in case we voted Yes in 2014, and that was a much longer shot. But no one bothered? And now no one appears to be in charge. Shambolic. No wonder people want rid of the 'political class'.
    If Labour got a decent leader I'd be tempted to vote for them right now.
    They're a disaster right now. Assume Watson will come in to steady things and get a decent front bench team together.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,377
    Scott_P said:

Project fear...

@SamCoatesTimes: Half a dozen companies planning to float or issue debt have abandoned their plans because of Brexit https://t.co/Tt86oekF0j

Ha Ha Ha , desperation sets in for doom mongers
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Thrak said:

Thrak said:

Jobabob said:

Chuck Falconer has flown the nest

Have the Eagles landed yet?
    The Eagles are (n't) coming! The Eagles are (n't) coming..... better later than never???
    Do the Eagles dare?
    Falconer has given Corbyn the bird
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

What a surprise, the politicians are pretending they didn't plan anything in case the referendum was lost in a pathetic attempt to reverse the decision from the voters.

Stop messing about and get on with it you twats.

Freggles said:

Freggles said:

SeanT said:

There's actually an extraordinary route back to power for Labour here.

Let's say the economy tanks over the summer, and the direst predix come true. The Tories will have elected a Brexiteer (or May) so they won't be able to row back from LEAVE

If Labour were led by, say, Tom Watson, a man saying we should be in the EU, and not trigger A50, but we must do something on Free Movement; then Labour could win a majority, or a plurality, supported by the SNP then "renegotiate".

That is entirely possible. But first Labour need to get rid of Le Corb.

The phrase "Tory Recession" could soon be back in vogue.
    Lowlander said:

Dan Hannan has deleted his twitter account.

On the advice of Clinton was it? :lol:
    *cough*

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/06/07/alastair-meeks-on-how-conservative-leavers-could-gift-labour-the-next-election/
    Valuable Brain-wave there from the Meeksmeister.

The question is will there be a Labour party left after Jeremy's scorched earth strategy.
    I don't see how Corbyn can lead the PLP now
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

kle4 said:

MikeL said:

How are we actually going to leave the EU?

If the new Con PM calls a GE and gets a majority then yes, we will leave.

But what if it's a Hung Parliament? Then how on earth is it actually going to happen? Coalition with LDs will halt it immediately - as LDs will vote against.

So it would need some kind of grand Con + Lab coalition. That doesn't seem very likely to me.

Should Betfair set up a market on whether we will be in the EU on, say, 1 July 2019 (ie giving 2 years plus a bit of extra time for leeway)?

I reckon it's 50:50 at most that we actually leave.

Seems increasingly to be that the UK will not leave the EU, but we will have two years of chaos, followed by another referendum.
    Once we activate Article 50 we are leaving. That will happen once Cameron is gone at the latest.
    hmmm

I still dont think this is over. The establishment have had a good kicking but they will come back and Boris is anything but consistent.

My guess is all sides will want a fudge. Not what you want to hear I know.
    A fudge ment here could accept it without some sort of democratic endorsement to counter the democratic endorsement of the referendum.
    I just don't know any more. If the worst economic predictions look like coming true, then a party which repudiated the referendum might actually benefit (especially if they fudged a renegotiation: giving a relieved people a new excuse to vote for status quo ante)

It all depends on the markets, starting tomorrow. It only takes two or three banks to say We're moving for the whole edifice to start collapsing.

Bloody hell.

I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. Just to be clear.
    There's actually an extraordinary route back to power for Labour here.

Let's say the economy tanks over the summer, and the direst predix come true. The Tories will have elected a Brexiteer (or May) so they won't be able to row back from LEAVE

If Labour were led by, say, Tom Watson, a man saying we should be in the EU, and not trigger A50, but we must do something on Free Movement; then Labour could win a majority, or a plurality, supported by the SNP then "renegotiate".

That is entirely possible. But first Labour need to get rid of Le Corb.
    If LAB wants the 40% of voters who voted for BREXIT back saying we should be in the EU is a good way of ensuring they will never return.
    The Labour establishment is stuck, they have no support from members or voters, only the MP's are left.
    Whatever move they do they lose.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,988
    The government failing to plan for this is a total dereliction of duty. Good riddance to them.

Brexit has been an utter mess. No plan, no vision. Those that advocated it have been oddly quiet, Haanan has decided he can't deal with the consequences and has deleted his Twitter account. God.a
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,817
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

I pray that they can get rid of Corbyn asap, for England's sake. Scotland have a credible political party but someone needs to step in to that role in England, the Corbyn opposition is a joke and the time for laughing is long gone.

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/747137245476425732

Agree completely. Transpires that everyone thought Remain would win, so why bother planning? Serious plans were in place, in case we voted Yes in 2014, and that was a much longer shot. But no one bothered? And now no one appears to be in charge. Shambolic. No wonder people want rid of the 'political class'.
    If Labour got a decent leader I'd be tempted to vote for them right now.
    Gisela?

Why not?

Brexiteer BUT, BUT she's Labour. And a woman. And an immigrant!

Gisela!
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

RobD said:

Made no plans according to the speculation of one Tory MP. Any official word for HMG? Carney said the BoE and HM Treasury had planned.

Which is the worst blunder by a UK government in the last 60 years: Suez, Iraq or this?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,753
    CD13 said:

Mr T,

"David Cameron will not trigger Article 50 at Tuesday's summit: BBG."

Of course he won't. He'll sit at the table and sip at a martini, shaken not stirred. "No, Mr Juncker, I expect you to die."

He'd be a brave man having his martini anywhere near Juncker.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

RobD said:

Well he would say that as additional pressure to avoid Brexit - but I bet they have. They must run Stress tests on everything foreseeable. Certainly the BoE came out straight away with a quantified amount of liquidity they would make available.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,047
    Brexit = toxic.

No-one wants to touch it with a barge pole and for good reason.

Cameron has once again played a blinder!!
This discussion has been closed.