Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A tale of two broadcasts. Roger’s critique of the opening t

124»

Comments

• Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,279
    PlatoSaid said:

viewcode said:

I always wondered about that. I know Old Top Gear was scripted to the inch (isn't this called "constructed reality"?) but who wrote which bits? Did Clarkson write all of it, or was it more distributed?

There's also the question of power distribution. It used to be obvious that Clarkson and May were in charge and Hammond the cheery sidekick (his verbal contributions for his first few seasons were almost exclusively agreeing with Clarkson), but after his accident and concomitant fanmail his value to the show was proven and he became more confident.

As for the Evans/LeBlanc incarnation: well, Joey's good, Evans OK but it does drag, and whilst not the disaster it's being depicted as, I still prefer the C/M/H version

Ghostbusters vs Ghostbusters2016.
    Well yes...but the problem is (unlike THE ENTIRE F*****G INTERNET) I actually don't dislike the new Ghostbusters: I like Kate McKinnon and Melissa McCarthy, tho' I don't know enough about the other two to have an opinion. I assume it won't be as good as 80's Ghostbusters, but it may turn out to be OldRobocop/NewRobocop, where the reboot actually has some merit.

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,346

Will we hear to today about the so far mythical third party, independent campaign for POTUS? As promised by Kristol on Sunday.

@BillKristol
    Just a heads up over this holiday weekend: There will be an independent candidate--an impressive one, with a strong team and a real chance.
    10:00 PM - 29 May 2016

This would certainly mean a rethink on the betting.

Can only take votes off Hillary surely.
    That is not his idea, Kristol is editor of the conservative Weekly Standard, so the independent is likely to be a Republican or Republican leaning
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    HYUFD said:

Bill Cash considering a vote of no confidence in PM too

'Sir Bill said he wanted the leadership to correct some of its warnings about the implications of Brexit, but otherwise would send his letter'

He told the Telegraph: “I am certainly considering it. It is up to them. My powerful warning to them is get your act together, make sure that you put voters first and the country first.” '
    https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/david-cameron/news/75557/tory-mp-turns-pressure-

So three who hate Cameron publicly, are still hating Cameron in public.

Golly, shocker.
  • Options
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 1,112

midwinter said:

HYUFD said:

midwinter said:

HaroldO said:

I haven't really been following the whole carnival of campaign until this weekend and the personal attacks on Cameron, which seem to be an attempt to try and drag down the biggest beast that opposes them and to strike out for the future leadership campaign.
    Problem is all it does is alienate people like me who are open to voting Tory (and have in the past) but are adverse to mendacious naval gazing, such as the events of this weekend. I
    I would rather vote Lib Dem than see a Tory government run by the rights equivalent of Jeremy Corbyn. Ugh.

Well vote for them then, they're clearly your natural home.
    That's not necessarily true is it. The point is that that a lot of moderate Tory leaning voters and floating voters are alienated by the right wing of the party in the same way that the left of Labour is unelectable. The personal attacks on Cameron aren't going to improve that situation, particularly given the loons making them.
    Such voters are ideally suited to the LDs as Luckyguy said
    Disagee, Currently the Tory party (leadership at least) is centre right. That represents my political views adequately. Why should I want to change and vote for a party with a significant left wing bloc?
    Equally if moderate Tory and floating voters were so suited by the Lib Dems then surely they would have performed significantly better at recent elections.
    If right wing Tories are so disillusioned by the current (elected) government perhaps they should pop off to a party that suits them......UKIP.
    Rubbish. What's centre right about them? Sound economics? Mastery over the public finances? Control over immigration? Robust on defence?

Consistent polling shows us that 40 to 50% want to leave the EU. And even the most ardent europhiles would admit that most of the others are formed of reluctant remainers. That's not a loony or niche view.

I don't think wanting to leave the EU is a niche view or insane. I do think part of the right wing of the Tory party (MP's and members~) have some outdated and unpopular social views, and that some of them would find a more natural home at UKIP.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,744
    HYUFD said:

Will we hear to today about the so far mythical third party, independent campaign for POTUS? As promised by Kristol on Sunday.

@BillKristol
    Just a heads up over this holiday weekend: There will be an independent candidate--an impressive one, with a strong team and a real chance.
    10:00 PM - 29 May 2016

This would certainly mean a rethink on the betting.

Can only take votes off Hillary surely.
    That is not his idea, Kristol is editor of the conservative Weekly Standard, so the independent is likely to be a Republican or Republican leaning
    It's a Stop Trump operation that's for sure. Whether it will actually happen is another matter.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

HYUFD said:

'Sir Bill said he wanted the leadership to correct some of its warnings about the implications of Brexit, but otherwise would send his letter'

He told the Telegraph: “I am certainly considering it. It is up to them. My powerful warning to them is get your act together, make sure that you put voters first and the country first.” '
    https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/david-cameron/news/75557/tory-mp-turns-pressure-

Golly, shocker.
    Does suggest there will be a challenge though, regardless of the result
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

PlatoSaid said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

Have to say I think it is probably a misstep for the PM to campaign with Khan. Firstly it looks a little hypocritical given all that the PM said about him just weeks ago, and secondly there is still a lot of ill-feeling among Tory voters towards Khan.

They should have been speaking separately at the same event rather than appear together. It probably hurts the PM with London MPs who are looking at the rising red tide in London worrying about their majorities in 2020.

True but if Khan can win London for Remain and Cameron the rest of the country Remain will win, Cameron will just have to deal with his divided party afterwards
    Which is a good argument for campaigning separately, not together.
    Perhaps but campaigning together gets double the publicity they would get campaigning alone, which is why they took the risk!
    No, it doesn't. It turns a pledge card PR event into Cameron/Saqid story about what they've said about each other. Total distraction.
    The average voter will have a glance at the two standing together and listen for ten seconds and then switch off, they will not spend hours going over the backstory of what they have said about each other in an election campaign
    Amazingly, I did this stuff as a job for many years. What do I know?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,520
    David Cameron with Sadiq Kahn must be good for remain and David Cameron's repeating we 'just do not know' when referring to out was punchy and may become a theme against leave
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Genuine poll question - 'How do you think Postman Pat would vote?' Remain 27 Leave 20 WV 8 DK 45

https://twitter.com/alexmassie/status/737257493726957568
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    PlatoSaid said:

viewcode said:

glw said:

Extra Gear guys were better...not fantastic, but better.

Just finished watching that. It is utterly barmy if Harris is relegated to the web-only show, and they had the news bit, and Sabine actually got to say something, and Rory Reid seems good enough to be on the main show presenting it.

There's actually the makings of a decent show that doesn't try to be the old Top Gear, if only the BBC hadn't handed the job to Chris Evans.
    For me the problem was it was scripted as if for the old team, and if you make the comparisons across the two eras, Chris Evans is more like Richard Hammond on speed, with Matt Le Blanc closer to Jeremy Clarkson, delivering dry quips in a deeper voice.

I did not see it, but it strikes me that Le Blanc is an actor so can handle a script, Evans isn't, so can't.

It was VERY scripted. The fact you could tell, tells you all you need to know. Old Top Gear was also very very carefully scripted by an obsessive Clarkson, but the best episodes were often were you couldn't tell if / when the script stopped.
    I always wondered about that. I know Old Top Gear was scripted to the inch (isn't this called "constructed reality"?) but who wrote which bits? Did Clarkson write all of it, or was it more distributed?

There's also the question of power distribution. It used to be obvious that Clarkson and May were in charge and Hammond the cheery sidekick (his verbal contributions for his first few seasons were almost exclusively agreeing with Clarkson), but after his accident and concomitant fanmail his value to the show was proven and he became more confident.

As for the Evans/LeBlanc incarnation: well, Joey's good, Evans OK but it does drag, and whilst not the disaster it's being depicted as, I still prefer the C/M/H version
    I am going to pretend Ghostbusters 2016 does not exist. It looks absolutely awful. I believe the trailer on Youtube is the most disliked trailer in the website's history.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,483
    edited May 2016
    Three announces mobile ad-blocking trial

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36397675

I think there will be a lot of advert reliant businesses very concerned by this move. I can see a "shake-down" move coming along, whereby companies have to pay to not be blocked by the mobile providers, to be on their "approved" advertising list.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

PlatoSaid said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

Have to say I think it is probably a misstep for the PM to campaign with Khan. Firstly it looks a little hypocritical given all that the PM said about him just weeks ago, and secondly there is still a lot of ill-feeling among Tory voters towards Khan.

They should have been speaking separately at the same event rather than appear together. It probably hurts the PM with London MPs who are looking at the rising red tide in London worrying about their majorities in 2020.

True but if Khan can win London for Remain and Cameron the rest of the country Remain will win, Cameron will just have to deal with his divided party afterwards
    Perhaps but campaigning together gets double the publicity they would get campaigning alone, which is why they took the risk!
    No, it doesn't. It turns a pledge card PR event into Cameron/Saqid story about what they've said about each other. Total distraction.
    Pledge card. I hate to be optimistic (not the dissapointment, the hope etc. etc.), but the release of a pledge card surely isn't the sign that all goes well for the BSE campaign.

As I noted earlier - it's the wrong device for the frontmen, with crap content and PR wise very unoriginal.

This isn't changing anyone's mind. Fail.

Whomever came up with this needs shooting. They clearly don't have anything bar tired, bad recycling to offer.

It's Pollyfilla content for the sake of it.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,562
    MP_SE said:

I am going to pretend Ghostbusters 2016 does not exist. It looks absolutely awful. I believe the trailer on Youtube is the most disliked trailer in the website's history.

I try not to prejudge these things as I often find my views out of kilter with the Internet — for example I think Guardians of the Galaxy is rubbish — but that trailer really does make the film look bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The Vicar of Dibley is most likely to back Remain apparently, followed by Sir Humphrey Appleby. Jim Royle is most likely to back Leave, followed by Basil Fawlty. Bob the Builder is most likely to be a swing voter
    https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/737258576264241152
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    HYUFD said:

PlatoSaid said:

HYUFD said:

Golly, shocker.
    Does suggest there will be a challenge though, regardless of the result
    Does it? It's not as if the usual suspects haven't declared they have the fifty letter sown up in the past is it?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    When you think the NUS can't get any nuttier...

An influential students' group has called for prisons to be abolished because they are 'sexist and racist' in the latest in a series of far-Left interventions by the student movement.

The National Union of Students black students' conference also voted to step up its fight against the Government's anti-extremism agenda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3616041/Students-call-prisons-banned-NUS-group-says-criminals-freed.html

Sad to see that Cambridge didn't vote to leave last week.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited May 2016
    HYUFD said:

Genuine poll question - 'How do you think Postman Pat would vote?' Remain 27 Leave 20 WV 8 DK 45

I agree, Postman Pat is definitely for Remain, as too is PC Plum in Balamory. Bob the Builder is working for Leave though.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

I agree, Postman Pat is definitely for Remain, as too is PC Plum in Balamory. Bob the Builder is working for Leave though.
    Bob could go either way!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Is Bob the Builder still going? Has he not been replaced by Bogdan the Builder?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The Vicar of Dibley is most likely to back Remain apparently, followed by Sir Humphrey Appleby. Jim Royle is most likely to back Leave, followed by Basil Fawlty. Bob the Builder is most likely to be a swing voter

LOL David Brent the centre ground on this issue...
  • Options

HYUFD said:

That is the nature of globalisation. Mind you, since the Royal Mail was privatised Postman Pat is now known as Pat.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    The prisoner 'trapped' 10 years into a 10-month jail sentence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36410539

Impartial headline...and when you read the details, it isn't true.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,279

viewcode said:

glw said:

Just finished watching that. It is utterly barmy if Harris is relegated to the web-only show, and they had the news bit, and Sabine actually got to say something, and Rory Reid seems good enough to be on the main show presenting it.

There's actually the makings of a decent show that doesn't try to be the old Top Gear, if only the BBC hadn't handed the job to Chris Evans.
    For me the problem was it was scripted as if for the old team, and if you make the comparisons across the two eras, Chris Evans is more like Richard Hammond on speed, with Matt Le Blanc closer to Jeremy Clarkson, delivering dry quips in a deeper voice.

I did not see it, but it strikes me that Le Blanc is an actor so can handle a script, Evans isn't, so can't.

It was VERY scripted. The fact you could tell, tells you all you need to know. Old Top Gear was also very very carefully scripted by an obsessive Clarkson, but the best episodes were often were you couldn't tell if / when the script stopped.

By all accounts it was Clarkson and his school mate that wrote the overwhelming majority of scripts, came up with the stunt ideas etc etc etc.
    Andy Wilman?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

LOL David Brent the centre ground on this issue...
    Indeed, I would have him a bit further towards Leave on this but perhaps he is concerned about exports of paper to the continent?
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,000
    midwinter said:

midwinter said:

HYUFD said:

midwinter said:

HaroldO said:

I haven't really been following the whole carnival of campaign until this weekend and the personal attacks on Cameron, which seem to be an attempt to try and drag down the biggest beast that opposes them and to strike out for the future leadership campaign.
    Problem is all it does is alienate people like me who are open to voting Tory (and have in the past) but are adverse to mendacious naval gazing, such as the events of this weekend. I
    I would rather vote Lib Dem than see a Tory government run by the rights equivalent of Jeremy Corbyn. Ugh.

Well vote for them then, they're clearly your natural home.
    That's not necessarily true is it. The point is that that a lot of moderate Tory leaning voters and floating voters are alienated by the right wing of the party in the same way that the left of Labour is unelectable. The personal attacks on Cameron aren't going to improve that situation, particularly given the loons making them.
    Such voters are ideally suited to the LDs as Luckyguy said
    Disagee, Currently the Tory party (leadership at least) is centre right. That represents my political views adequately. Why should I want to change and vote for a party with a significant left wing bloc?
    Equally if moderate Tory and floating voters were so suited by the Lib Dems then surely they would have performed significantly better at recent elections.
    If right wing Tories are so disillusioned by the current (elected) government perhaps they should pop off to a party that suits them......UKIP.
    Rubbish. What's centre right about them? Sound economics? Mastery over the public finances? Control over immigration? Robust on defence?

Consistent polling shows us that 40 to 50% want to leave the EU. And even the most ardent europhiles would admit that most of the others are formed of reluctant remainers. That's not a loony or niche view.

I don't think wanting to leave the EU is a niche view or insane. I do think part of the right wing of the Tory party (MP's and members~) have some outdated and unpopular social views, and that some of them would find a more natural home at UKIP.

Yep, it is genuinely hard to distinguish a lot of Tory Leavers from UKIPers these days - especially now they are going so strong on immigration. What does separate them to the extent they need to be in different parties?

• Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

glw said:

By all accounts it was Clarkson and his school mate that wrote the overwhelming majority of scripts, came up with the stunt ideas etc etc etc.
    Andy Wilman?
    Yes
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Sid The Sexist, Victorian Dad, Mrs Brady Old Lady for Leave, with The Fat Slags, Student Grant, Millie Tant for Remain.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,000
    HYUFD said:

PlatoSaid said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

The average voter will have a glance at the two standing together and listen for ten seconds and then switch off, they will not spend hours going over the backstory of what they have said about each other in an election campaign

Exactly. It's a front or early section page photo for the papers, or an illustration on the TV news. It's not going to be a big story in and of itself.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    MP_SE said:

PlatoSaid said:

viewcode said:

glw said:

As someone who saw Ghostbusters with my future husband 5x at my local Odeon in 1984, I do hope Mark Kermode has done a review.

His rant about Sex in the City 2 was epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHeQeHstrsc
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,994
    edited May 2016
    HYUFD said:

A really interesting idea for finding out the stereotypes people have towards the two campaigns. The sort of thing focus groups use with notable success. With a bit of analysis on the stereotypes it could inform the campaigns which way to go
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 726
    Fascinating though it is to discover that Captain Birdseye is thought to be a Brexiteer (CFP niggles no doubt), are we due any proper polls soon?
  • Options
    RACCCCCISSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

Is it wrong to dress as a crusader for an England match?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/ztvdg82
  • Options
    NeilVW said:

Fascinating though it is to discover that Captain Birdseye is thought to be a Brexiteer (CFP niggles no doubt), are we due any proper polls soon?

Not on a grey Bank Holiday Monday I am afraid!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    MP_SE said:

PlatoSaid said:

viewcode said:

glw said:

Look at the stats!!

245k Thumbs Up

851k Thumbs Down

"Oliver Moore3 days ago
    9th most disliked video on youtube. not bad, but should be worse."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw
  • Options

HYUFD said:

PlatoSaid said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

Exactly. It's a front or early section page photo for the papers, or an illustration on the TV news. It's not going to be a big story in and of itself.

Indeed
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Sid The Sexist, Victorian Dad, Mrs Brady Old Lady for Leave, with The Fat Slags, Student Grant, Millie Tant for Remain.

The Pathetic Sharks for Remain, Major Misunderstanding for Leave...
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 726
    edited May 2016
    HYUFD said:

NeilVW said:

Not on a grey Bank Holiday Monday I am afraid!
    It's a conspiracy!

Would have thought Mary Poppins would be a hardcore Outer - to diminish competition from Slovakian au-pairs.
  • Options
    BenedictWhiteBenedictWhite Posts: 1,944
    edited May 2016
    NeilVW said:

Quite interesting for someone of Canadian origin. He wasn't a captain though. Bit of a loner as well. (Which is one of the reasons he worked out how to freeze fish)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Roger said:

HYUFD said:

A really interesting idea for finding out the stereotypes people have towards the two campaigns. The sort of thing focus groups use with notable success. With a bit of analysis on the stereotypes it could inform the campaigns which way to go
    Indeed, Leave picks up the old, eg Captain Manwaring, Hyacinth Bucket, the grumpy eg Basil Fawlty and Groundskeeper Willie, the less educated eg Keith Lemmon and Jim Royle. Remain picks up young women eg Miranda and Bridget Jones, the smug establishment eg Sir Humphrey and ethnic minorities eg Citizen Khan.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

:lol:
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291

dr_spyn said:

The Pathetic Sharks for Remain, Major Misunderstanding for Leave...
    The Modern Parents' votes - one for and the other against.
  • Options

When you think the NUS can't get any nuttier...

An influential students' group has called for prisons to be abolished because they are 'sexist and racist' in the latest in a series of far-Left interventions by the student movement.

The National Union of Students black students' conference also voted to step up its fight against the Government's anti-extremism agenda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3616041/Students-call-prisons-banned-NUS-group-says-criminals-freed.html

Sad to see that Cambridge didn't vote to leave last week.

Free paedos and gangstas!!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited May 2016

HYUFD said:

Leave: Rainbow Dash loves her freedom; AppleJack is concerned about immigrants picking her fruit. Fluttershy wants the UK to be able to enforce higher animal welfare standards than the EU will let her.

Remain: Rarity is concerned about cheap clothing imports and wants to be part of a tarrif-based customs union; Twilight Sparkle is a member of the Establishment so will do as Princess Cadence tells her.

WNV: Pinkie Pie is too busy partying to vote

I make that 60/40 to leave excluding WNV

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,994
    edited May 2016

Good thread header yet again Roger. Many thanks for all your hard work on these. I have not yet read any of the comments yet so am probably going to completely go against the general PB consensus.

Funnily enough I think I disagree with you about the relative worth's of the two adverts. I think the Remain advert is better than the Leave one because it tries to paint a positive picture whilst highlighting the supposed risks of Leave. Of course I don't agree with it but I think it was effective in what it was trying to do and I fear that if I were neutral on the matter and perhaps not hugely informed on the EU I would be swayed by it.

The Leave advert does nothing for me at all. I don't buy the apocalyptic visions and think going negative in this way just turns people off.

Again I am not really the target audience for this advert but I am very worried that going this route Leave are simply preaching to the converted rather than trying to persuade soft Remain or undecided.

Thanks.

Difficult for either of us not being the target market. I judged it on the messaging overload for 'Remain' and the better targeting by 'Leave'. Older undecideds leaning towards 'Leave' might have found a grain of truth in despite its ridiculous hyperbole.

I'd be surprised if undecided younger voters who 'Sam' was aimed at would have found anything at all to help them decide (if they even bothered watching it till the end).
  • Options
    Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Leave: Rainbow Dash loves her freedom; AppleJack is concerned about immigrants picking her fruit. Fluttershy wants the UK to be able to enforce higher animal welfare standards than the EU will let her.

Remain: Rarity is concerned about cheap clothing imports and wants to be part of a tarrif-based customs union; Twilight Sparkle is a member of the Establishment so will do as Princess Cadence tells her.

WNV: Pinkie Pie is too buys partying to vote

Post of the Day :heart:
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    PlatoSaid said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

You can guess what my daughter's favorite cartoon is, I guess...
  • Options
    Roger said:

Good thread header yet again Roger. Many thanks for all your hard work on these. I have not yet read any of the comments yet so am probably going to completely go against the general PB consensus.

Funnily enough I think I disagree with you about the relative worth's of the two adverts. I think the Remain advert is better than the Leave one because it tries to paint a positive picture whilst highlighting the supposed risks of Leave. Of course I don't agree with it but I think it was effective in what it was trying to do and I fear that if I were neutral on the matter and perhaps not hugely informed on the EU I would be swayed by it.

The Leave advert does nothing for me at all. I don't buy the apocalyptic visions and think going negative in this way just turns people off.

Again I am not really the target audience for this advert but I am very worried that going this route Leave are simply preaching to the converted rather than trying to persuade soft Remain or undecided.

Thanks.

Difficult for either of us not being the target market. I judged it on the messaging overload for 'Remain' and the better targeting by 'Leave'. Older undecideds leaning towards 'Leave' might have found a grain of truth in despite its ridiculous hyperbole.

I'd be surprised if undecided younger voters who 'Sam' was aimed at would have found anything at all to help them decide (if they even bothered watching it till the end).
    I too wonder who would watch either to the end. I can't see undecideds watching the remain one to the end. Not sure about the leave one.

Leave does need to step up its game though.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Charles said:

PlatoSaid said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Face it Charles, you're a Brony.
  • Options

Charles said:

PlatoSaid said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Face it Charles, you're a Brony.
    I have a twenty two year old nephew who is a Brony. There are quite a few in Sheffield apparently, indeed I have my suspicions about TSE...
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    PlatoSaid said:

MP_SE said:

PlatoSaid said:

viewcode said:

glw said:

Look at the stats!!

245k Thumbs Up

851k Thumbs Down

"Oliver Moore3 days ago

I found all of the jokes in the trailer not amusing in the slightest. They seemed really dumbed down.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,832
    dr_spyn said:

With the Pathetic Sharks patrolling our maritime borders to keep the Albanians out.

Finbarr Saunders will vote for whichever side has the biggest mandate.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited May 2016
    oh god the Leave advert made me cringe so much....and I say that as a staunch Leaver. why does it deserve 6/10? Fear campaigns don't always work i.e Zac.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

With the Pathetic Sharks patrolling our maritime borders to keep the Albanians out.

Finbar Saunders loves his Pole, and wants a mass debate.
  • Options
    Charles said:

PlatoSaid said:

Charles said:

HYUFD said:

And here was my thinking you were a fan... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3nQsMWROw
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    MP_SE said:

PlatoSaid said:

MP_SE said:

PlatoSaid said:

viewcode said:

glw said:

Look at the stats!!

245k Thumbs Up

851k Thumbs Down

"Oliver Moore3 days ago

I found all of the jokes in the trailer not amusing in the slightest. They seemed really dumbed down.
    It's Ghostbusters re-imagined by the Guardian, trying to be a bit controversial.
  • Options
    Out of interest, a question to the remainers:

If we vote to remain, and then the deal gets thrown out by say the EU parliament, would you demand another referendum, or insist that this one was on the basis the deal might be sunk afterwards?
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

*claps*
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,713
    PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

Pledge card. I hate to be optimistic (not the dissapointment, the hope etc. etc.), but the release of a pledge card surely isn't the sign that all goes well for the BSE campaign.

As I noted earlier - it's the wrong device for the frontmen, with crap content and PR wise very unoriginal.

This isn't changing anyone's mind. Fail.

Whomever came up with this needs shooting. They clearly don't have anything bar tired, bad recycling to offer.

It's Pollyfilla content for the sake of it.
    Precisely.

And good grief I've just seen the pledges.

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

David Cameron with Sadiq Kahn must be good for remain and David Cameron's repeating we 'just do not know' when referring to out was punchy and may become a theme against leave

How do think places like Rhondda will vote, plaid won the assembley seat but Plaid are a pro E.U party. Also what about North Wales what is your gut telling you.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,879

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,267

glw said:

Moses_ said:

Don't say you weren't warned. You will be hearing a lot about EUTIN after Remainers win the referendum. The end game is a Federal Europe let's be in no doubt so just stop the lies and admit it. The elite who evade and avoid tax will still do so and they know it. This is little people rules.....

"On Wednesday night, the European Union’s Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee quietly passed a chilling piece of legislation. It calls for every one of the 500 million people who live in the EU to be given a ‘European Taxpayer Identification Number’, or EUTIN for short. The official statement released by the Committee puts this move in the blandest terms possible, saying that the system will “serve as a basis for effective automatic exchange of information between member states’ tax administrations”.

"Yet what the EUTIN amounts to is the ability to track, record and monitor every earner across the European Union. If you receive a pay cheque anywhere between Blackpool and Bratislava, the European Union will monitor and record it."

"Tied up with EUTIN is new legislation that will prevent member states from setting their levels of corporation tax too far below those of other member states. It is a direct attack on competitiveness, designed to ensure that no country with a large financial sector (such as Britain), can make itself more attractive and successful as a place to do business."

"In a few short years, the EU will also be putting its hand into your pocket, and making sure that you take home even less of your salary. In return you get no tangible benefits or protection, but instead support a vast and bloated bureaucratic system, who exist only to impose more unwanted laws and taxes from across the sea – and we cannot throw them out as they are unelected"

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/fox-on-friday-the-eu-makes-a-stealthy-move-towards-common-european-taxation/

Don't you mean Le Blanc is more like James May
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

I've just watched the PM and Sadiq Khan on SKY, who unbelievably went to the adverts during the PM's speech. What a poor speaker Sadiq Khan is, he showed about as much passion as "a damp rag." Have London really elected the right man?

Beat your guy 57-43.
  • Options
    Unusually, there's been no sign of Richard Nabavi for a good few days now. Has he been sick, is he on holiday, or has PB.com lost one of its very best and longest time-serving posters?
This discussion has been closed.