Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On tonight’s PB/Polling Matters TV Show: The fight for Lond

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,030
    OllyT said:

Perhaps it's you that needs to fully understand it.

Wikipedia: "there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law"

Now that is exactly what I suggest happens when you start claiming England is superior because the Nazis murdered 6m

"In its purest sense, the rule has more to do with completely losing one's sense of proportion rather than just mentioning Nazis specifically. The law was initiated as a counter-meme to flippant comparisons to the Nazis, rather than to invoke a complete ban on comparisons."

"Additionally, Godwin made an appearance in Glenn Greenwald's Salon comments section in 2010 to confirm, as Greenwald put it in a column titled The odiousness of the distorted Godwin’s Law:

“”Godwin himself appears in comments (authenticity confirmed via email) to explain that his “law” sought to discourage frivolous, but not substantive, Nazi analogies and comparisons."

Like so many people you simply don't understand what Godwin's Law means.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    The Exeter University Conservative Association has not been invited to the Prime Minister’s talk, which is scheduled for Thursday, 7th April.

Sir Steve Smith, Exeter’s Vice-Chancellor, sent out personal invitations to a selected number of students and academics to represent the university. The invitation read: “I am writing to invite you to a special Q&A session with a senior Cabinet Minister. This will be an opportunity to ask questions on the important subject of Britain’s EU membership and what it means for young people.”

It was revealed earlier today that this senior Cabinet Minister is going to be none other than Prime Minister David Cameron. There will be no invited representatives of the EUCA tomorrow during the 2-hour long discussion, although some individual members of the society have been.
    http://exepose.com/2016/04/07/conservative-society-not-invited-to-see-david-cameron-talk-at-the-uni/
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,133

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Roger said:

Being someone who considers themselves European as well as British I'm now coming to the view that 'Leave' would be the best option all round. We owe it to our partners to assist them in removing this malignant xenophobic carbuncle from the 28 while we have the opportunity.

If the opinion of leavers is that expressed on this site and in particular on this thread then I have no doubt that the civilized countries of the EU will be much better off without us.

Leftie hates his countrymen. No change there then.

The hatred and contempt the right expresses for lefties and Labour voters - of whom there are many millions in the UK - is the equal of anything that the left directs at the right. You see it on here all the time.

It's England that the left fears and loathes, not the UK;

"England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution."

Scottish, Welsh or Irish leftists are often nationalists.
    I am sniggering
    When are you going to join the refugee flood to Bavaria ? You did promise.
    when stuck , wheel out and repeat old lies, the refuge of the unprincipled.
    Glad to hear that the bread-winner in your family has kept her job. I guess your promised move to Germany can wait. Needs must.
    Are you barking, my wife has no need to work.
    I remain to be persuaded that being married to you wouldn't count as 'work'....... ;-)
    More like a prison sentence?
    "Marriage isn't a word it's a sentence."
    I'm sure the bread winner in MalcomG's family would echo that sentiment.
    You stick to your JSA it is a lot easier than a day's toil
This discussion has been closed.