Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Wisconsin next Tuesday looks like the last primary where Tr

Comments

• Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    And patronising subscribers with valid issues is the route to fewer customers.
    Jonathan said:

Lots of their links don't work. Their Gallery has lost the animal pix archive and the rest say Facebook error page not recognised

And that's when I access the site directly with Firefox. There's no feedback options either. It's still much better than the Times dogs breakfast. 400 comments with 99% hating it.

AndyJS said:

O/T: The Telegraph seem to have changed the look of their website today. Looks a bit strange, as new website designs always do on the first day.

Comments immediately after a web redesign are always negative. The cheese has moved. Some people can't handle it. It generally works out well in the end.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,061
    AndyJS said:
    RIP.

A skilled lady, but I wonder if her designs will dent history in the same way they dented clients' pockets.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,907

Jonathan said:

Lots of their links don't work. Their Gallery has lost the animal pix archive and the rest say Facebook error page not recognised

And that's when I access the site directly with Firefox. There's no feedback options either. It's still much better than the Times dogs breakfast. 400 comments with 99% hating it.

AndyJS said:

O/T: The Telegraph seem to have changed the look of their website today. Looks a bit strange, as new website designs always do on the first day.

Comments immediately after a web redesign are always negative. The cheese has moved. Some people can't handle it. It generally works out well in the end.
    Not sure it's entirely the business' fault. The relationship that some people have with their favourite websites can be rather intense. The 0.0005% that comment are not necessarily representative. There is a tricky line to walk.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001
    Pies, no balls and sloppy fielding..

Bookies have been on the blower.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited March 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Pies, no balls and sloppy fielding..

Bookies have been on the blower.

Surely not you cynical so and so ;-) Gayle getting out so early has probably buggered up their timeline, so they need a correction to tempt in the punters...
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    WTF !

maybe we can now brand Tony a security risk and have him locked up.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    The world has gone mad. Transpose this a few years back.

Lord Rothermere's ex wife is now dating Stalin. Meanwhile Rothermere has remarried, his new spouse is the ex wife of George Formby. Churchill refuses to comment.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,128
    While the record high current account deficit is getting deserved attention this should also:

' The households and non-profit institutions serving households saving ratio was estimated to be 3.8% in Quarter 4 2015 compared with 4.8% in Quarter 3 2015. In 2015, the saving ratio was estimated to be 4.2%. The quarterly and annual savings ratios are the lowest since records began in 1963. '

http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/quarterlynationalaccounts/quarter4octtodec2015

Remember what Osborne promised in his 2010 Budget:

" Our policy is to raise from the ruins of an economy built on debt a new, balanced economy where we save, invest and export "

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jun/22/emergency-budget-full-speech-text

• Options
    Jonathan said:

Lord Rothermere's ex wife is now dating Stalin. Meanwhile Rothermere has remarried, his new spouse is the ex wife of George Formby. Churchill refuses to comment.
    LOL excellent analogy !
  • Options

WTF !

maybe we can now brand Tony a security risk and have him locked up.
    If we can't get him as a war criminal, this seems a good option.
  • Options

While the record high current account deficit is getting deserved attention this should also:

' The households and non-profit institutions serving households saving ratio was estimated to be 3.8% in Quarter 4 2015 compared with 4.8% in Quarter 3 2015. In 2015, the saving ratio was estimated to be 4.2%. The quarterly and annual savings ratios are the lowest since records began in 1963. '

http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/quarterlynationalaccounts/quarter4octtodec2015

Remember what Osborne promised in his 2010 Budget:

" Our policy is to raise from the ruins of an economy built on debt a new, balanced economy where we save, invest and export "

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jun/22/emergency-budget-full-speech-text

Yeah but we'll be exporting a quadrillion zillion a day soon. George said so.

• Options
    A better illustration of GDP:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/chartimage?uri=/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/quarterlynationalaccounts/quarter4octtodec2015/56c3b549

' Between Quarter 4 2014 and Quarter 4 2015, GDP per head increased by 1.3%, revised up 0.1 percentage points from the previously published estimate '

High current account deficits and low savings rates are associated with peaks of the economic cycle. The UK now has a record high current account deficit and a record low savings rate with GDP per head growing way below the long term trend.
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    watford30 said:

Patrick said:

You don't feel increasing the population by the size of a major city like Cardiff, each year, every year might have some effect on housing supply/demand then? Not to mention Health, education, transport.

Of course. But the natural response to increased demand is increased supply. In the UK we don't seem to have that option. 93% of the UK is still fields or wilderness. We are 'full' - but not really. The space available to build is full. A massive planning liberalisation (it's your land - do WTF you want with it) would make the supply / demand imbalance evaporate PDQ.

I suspect I’m about the only resident in ther small town where I live (other than someone who is trying to sell a derelict garden centre) who isn’t busy signing petitions agains any more houses being built here.
    It's easy to understand why people are so reluctant to see every square inch of their neighbourhood built over to house the millions here as a result of uncontrolled immigration. And further enrich greedy property developers at the same time.
    Greedy property developers. Who built your house. And the place you work. And the place you shop. Who shouldn't be allowed to make a profit, unlike every other business out there.

Laughable.
  • Options

http://www.ons.gov.uk/chartimage?uri=/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/bulletins/quarterlynationalaccounts/quarter4octtodec2015/56c3b549

' Between Quarter 4 2014 and Quarter 4 2015, GDP per head increased by 1.3%, revised up 0.1 percentage points from the previously published estimate '

High current account deficits and low savings rates are associated with peaks of the economic cycle. The UK now has a record high current account deficit and a record low savings rate with GDP per head growing way below the long term trend.

which ever way you look at it Osbo0rne's tenure as CofE has been poor.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Indian bookies getting worried now...we said make it close, but not that close...
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806

The Brits have always been poor savers. Ozzie has tried to make saving attractive. High VAT rates theoretically tend to discourage consumption but the Brits will put it on the card.
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474

watford30 said:

Patrick said:

You don't feel increasing the population by the size of a major city like Cardiff, each year, every year might have some effect on housing supply/demand then? Not to mention Health, education, transport.

Of course. But the natural response to increased demand is increased supply. In the UK we don't seem to have that option. 93% of the UK is still fields or wilderness. We are 'full' - but not really. The space available to build is full. A massive planning liberalisation (it's your land - do WTF you want with it) would make the supply / demand imbalance evaporate PDQ.

I suspect I’m about the only resident in ther small town where I live (other than someone who is trying to sell a derelict garden centre) who isn’t busy signing petitions agains any more houses being built here.
    It's easy to understand why people are so reluctant to see every square inch of their neighbourhood built over to house the millions here as a result of uncontrolled immigration. And further enrich greedy property developers at the same time.
    Greedy property developers. Who built your house. And the place you work. And the place you shop. Who shouldn't be allowed to make a profit, unlike every other business out there.

Laughable.
    Not my house. Nor workplace.

Quite a few developers are taking the piss. And Osborne's helping them along with some of his wizard wheezes.
  • Options

I couldn't give two hoots about farmland remaining as such. If people want to keep their farmland as farmland then great, nobody should say otherwise.

However if someone wants to build on their land or sell their land to a developer why shouldn't they be allowed to? It's their land. Good luck to them.

At the same time once we've left the EU we should abolish agricultural subsidies and the CAP and not replace it with anything. If the farmland is productive then great, if it's not it should get the same level of support as other failed businesses.

Farmland with planning permission is worth a lot more than farmland without. Are you in favour of unplanned housing development? What about roads, schools etc etc?
    Breaking news - Government passes 1947 Town Planning Act.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Hillary to be questioned by FBI re emails,according to USA Daily Politics.

http://usadailypolitics.com/breaking-fbi-to-question-hillary-over-e-mail-scandal-its-finally-happening/
  • Options
    perdix said:

The Brits have always been poor savers. Ozzie has tried to make saving attractive. High VAT rates theoretically tend to discourage consumption but the Brits will put it on the card.
    if savings rates are so poor its more a case of him encouraging people to spend what they have. Whats the sodding point of an ISA if rates are 1% ?
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited March 2016

Hillary to be questioned by FBI re emails,according to USA Daily Politics.

http://usadailypolitics.com/breaking-fbi-to-question-hillary-over-e-mail-scandal-its-finally-happening/

Great news.

HILLARY FOR PRISON!
  • Options
    watford30 said:

watford30 said:

Patrick said:

Laughable.

Quite a few developers are taking the piss. And Osborne's helping them along with some of his wizard wheezes.
    Where are your kids going to live? A tent in your garden?
  • Options
    SandraMSandraM Posts: 206
    Jonathan said:

How about PM's wife has secret affair with Tory Lord who is bisexual and has an East End Gangster organise gay orgies for him? It happened under MacMillan.

• Options

watford30 said:

watford30 said:

Patrick said:

Laughable.

Where are your kids going to live? A tent in your garden?
    Ideally not in a poorly built box, where the living space has been ever reduced in the relentless pursuit of profit.
  • Options

perdix said:

if savings rates are so poor its more a case of him encouraging people to spend what they have. Whats the sodding point of an ISA if rates are 1% ?
    I believe 1.4% is available in an instant access ISA from Coventry if I remember correctly. I will be parking most of next year's ISA allowance in an instant access ISA as I don't see much value in equities at present.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    West Indies now favourites with Betfair.
  • Options
    SkyNews
    Fundraising site supporting family of shopkeeper who died after attack reaches £100k https://t.co/LYxlvTuyvH https://t.co/xAQGtLJS5i
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ONS
    Current account deficit was 7.0% (£32.7bn) of #GDP in Q4, up from 4.3% in Q3: https://t.co/py7znAjubG

Explore our #ONSVisual article looking at the British steel industry since the 1970s: https://t.co/Jhg7egqb9E
  • Options
    Indian bookies getting really nervous now.....
  • Options
    Britain Elects
    David Cameron's EU renegotiation was...
    Successful: 14%
    Unsuccessful: 35%
    Neither: 24%
    (via TNS online / 24 - 29 Mar)
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    perdix said:

Osborne has just cut premium bond rates and other NS+I products. How does that make savings attractive?

Osborne-sceptics might suggest this is yet another change showing Osborne has no understanding of Conservative supporters (or even people in general) less sophisticated than his own circle and who are more likely to use NS&I products than to have a stockbroker at the end of a phone.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Brexit could change Hamilton Accies signing policy

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35934988

These stories are just getting more and more ridiculous. I am waiting for stories of Brexit will mean that availability of Chorizo and Olives will be severely affected.
  • Options
    Remain are claiming your football team will be effected. It's absurd.

These stories are just getting more and more ridiculous.

• Options
    Felicity Morse
    I feel like Ronnie Corbett would have loved this caption error. https://t.co/7dGGVNO8gH
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

These stories are just getting more and more ridiculous. I am waiting for stories of Brexit will mean that availability of Chorizo and Olives will be severely affected.

Scotland Leaving the UK would have ended Scotland's participation with the British and Irish Lions said Cameron during the IndyRef campaign.
  • Options

Brexit will rewind time back to 1973.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Scotland Leaving the UK would have ended Scotland's participation with the British and Irish Lions said Cameron during the IndyRef campaign.
    There were equally nonsense claims during the IndyRef e.g. the border check points.
  • Options
    watford30 said:

Does that mean we would then have clash of the Betamax vs VHS to look forward to again?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

AndyJS said:

Not sure it's entirely the business' fault. The relationship that some people have with their favourite websites can be rather intense. The 0.0005% that comment are not necessarily representative. There is a tricky line to walk.
    If Plato is right and many links are broken, then surely it is a bad and untested implementation of a poor design.
  • Options
    What a match....
  • Options

What a match....

Terrible bowling from India.
  • Options

What a match....

I'm calling Super Over now
  • Options
    Pew Research
    2016 campaign has drawn record interest among registered voters https://t.co/NDC9w1GS2y https://t.co/4pT4VAgjvZ
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited March 2016
    It's very odd how PB has become full of comments criticising daft or dubious claims by the Remain side, and almost never daft or dubious claims by the Leave side.

Why is that, do you think? It's certainly not that there's any shortage of material!
  • Options
    GAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEE OVERRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Options

What a match....

I'm calling Super Over now
    Still got it, I see
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2016

It's very odd how PB has become full of comments criticising daft or dubious claims by the Remain side, and almost never daft or dubious claims by the Leave side.

Why is that, do you think?

I think you will find I have...part of the issue on providing balance of criticism is the Remain are coordinated and pump out the nonsense daily, Leave aren't even one campaign yet...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,163

If we were to become the 51st State, that'll be 60 Electoral College Votes for the Dems, I reckon

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/715552070464630784

Hillary would win the votes of most Tories and LDs and Blairites, Sanders would get the Corbynite vote, Trump would be left with UKIP voters
  • Options
    TonyETonyE Posts: 938

Why is that, do you think? It's certainly not that there's any shortage of material!

Because they've been hammering away at it all week as if it's going out of fashion. But rest assured, I love kicking both Vote Leave and LeaveEU/GO, so I'll be on the case when they start up again!
  • Options
    watford30 said:

German Shepherds to be ruled illegal if Brexit wins.
  • Options
    WhatUKThinks now Remain 51/49 compared to 53/47 yesterday:

http://whatukthinks.org/eu/
  • Options

Why is that, do you think?

I think you will find I have...part of the issue on providing balance of criticism is the Remain are coordinated and pump out the nonsense daily, Leave aren't even one campaign yet...
    Good point!
  • Options

Why's it odd ? Both sides are pumping out nonsensical bilge and deserve to have the piss taken out of them. Your problem is either you are too thin skinned or too lazy to ridicule the ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Why's it odd ? Both sides are pumping out nonsensical bilge and deserve to have the piss taken out of them. Your problem is either you are too thin skinned or too lazy to ridicule the ridiculous.

I don't think you understood what I wrote...certainly your post makes no sense at all in the light of what I wrote.
  • Options

I don't think you understood what I wrote...certainly your post makes no sense at all in the light of what I wrote.
    as I said you were too lazy to to pick on something stupid from the Leavers.
  • Options

They're all full of crap.

If you want to ridicule anyone then do say but don't crybaby abut others doing it.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

AndyJS said:

If Plato is right and many links are broken, then surely it is a bad and untested implementation of a poor design.
    Broken links are indeed an abomination and a bad sign, but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. I am sympathetic. They have clearly worked hard on it.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001
    If a pin drops in Mumbai, does it make a sound ?:
  • Options

It's flattering to see that you don't think I post enough.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

If you want to ridicule anyone then do say but don't crybaby abut others doing it.
    I asked a question. What's this 'crybaby' nonsense?

I actually think it's quite an interesting question. It might just be the lop-sided nature of the posters here, but perhaps it's an indicator of intellectual insecurity on the Leave side? Dunno.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

AndyJS said:

Broken links are indeed an abomination and a bad sign, but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. I am sympathetic. They have clearly worked hard on it.
    New design is crap. There now looks to be far fewer articles on the main page. And way too much wasted white space.
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    HYUFD said:

If we were to become the 51st State, that'll be 60 Electoral College Votes for the Dems, I reckon

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/715552070464630784

Hillary would win the votes of most Tories and LDs and Blairites, Sanders would get the Corbynite vote, Trump would be left with UKIP voters
    Rather unfortunate typo, re 'The US White Race'
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    The Breathtaking chutzpah of the architects of green levies criticising the government on steel really is something to behold.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,543
    RobD said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

AndyJS said:

New design is crap. There now looks to be far fewer articles on the main page. And way too much wasted white space.
    It'll be due to mobile optimisation. Everyone is moving toward one mobile optimised site instead of a desktop site and a mobile app. It has several benefits, but if not done well, it makes the desktop sized version look crap.

• Options
    taffys said:

The Breathtaking chutzpah of the architects of green levies criticising the government on steel really is something to behold.

Indeed it is.
    But Cameron and co have had plenty of time to do something about the 'green crap.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

It's flattering to see that you don't think I post enough.
    Actually Richard I usually enjoy your posts, sometimes they're funny ( most excellent chancellor ) and sometimes they're thought provoking. However at present due to the EUref we're simply in a pointless slanging match. Nobody is really going to change their mind and even if everyone on PB did, it would be meaningless in the scale of things.

There are simply no winning arguments on either side, lots of total stupidity and the only arguments people can advance are personal invective.

Comments like mad, out of their senses and I know best just invite retaliation. It reminds me of Northern Ireland politics. Youre ian Paisley Junior by the way :-)

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

RobD said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

AndyJS said:

It'll be due to mobile optimisation. Everyone is moving toward one mobile optimised site instead of a desktop site and a mobile app. It has several benefits, but if not done well, it makes the desktop sized version look crap.

I think the BBC does this too. I should just use the app more, I recall that being nicer, at least on the iPad.
  • Options

Comments like mad, out of their senses and I know best just invite retaliation. It reminds me of Northern Ireland politics. Youre ian Paisley Junior by the way :-)

LOL! I've never quite thought of myself as a dour Presbyterian!
  • Options

Look on the bright side Mr Meeks is Senior !
  • Options

I actually think it's quite an interesting question. It might just be the lop-sided nature of the posters here, but perhaps it's an indicator of intellectual insecurity on the Leave side? Dunno.
    Perhaps I misunderstood your point.

People ridicule the opinions and actions of the 'other side' not their 'own side'.

Neutrals ridicule the ridiculous.

That happens in the EU debate as it happened in the Scottish independence debate and as it constantly happens in normal Con/Lab politics.

If you think there is more ridicule being aimed at the Remain side on PB that might be because of a combination of:

1) There are more Leavers on PB
    2) The Leavers are more committed
    3) The Remain side is making more ridiculous pronouncements

I'm not saying that any of those are necessarily true, they are more of a matter of opinion.

In a similar way a few months ago there was constant ridicule of Corbyn and Labour on PB.

And in the wider world the same sort of ridicule is aimed at celebs, sports stars etc
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

AndyJS said:

But that is the problem: the web designers have not clearly worked hard, or the links would work. There is no urgency here. No real deadline. If they needed another day or week or month to complete testing, why not take it? At a guess, because someone in management circled the date on a calendar.
  • Options

Perhaps I misunderstood your point.

People ridicule the opinions and actions of the 'other side' not their 'own side'.

Neutrals ridicule the ridiculous.

That happens in the EU debate as it happened in the Scottish independence debate and as it constantly happens in normal Con/Lab politics.

If you think there is more ridicule being aimed at the Remain side on PB that might be because of a combination of:

1) There are more Leavers on PB
    2) The Leavers are more committed
    3) The Remain side is making more ridiculous pronouncements

I'm not saying that any of those are necessarily true, they are more of a matter of opinion.

In a similar way a few months ago there was constant ridicule of Corbyn and Labour on PB.

And in the wider world the same sort of ridicule is aimed at celebs, sports stars etc
    Perhaps the Remainers need to up their game,
  • Options

RobD said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

AndyJS said:

Not to mention that the desktop version is too often subject to unwanted mouseover pop-ups because the mouse has to pass across the screen on the way to the user's desired target, whereas a finger on phone or tablet can touch straight on the target, being lifted over the intermediate points.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

No Surrender to the Faragists!
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    The six oclock news on BBC says we should be concerned that brexit might cause problems for the English and Scottish premier league clubs.
    That clinches it then.
    What utter drivel.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

No Surrender to the Faragists!
    Sinn Farage haven't gone away you know :-)
  • Options
    Jeez, what can Sajid Javed do? What possible use would his presence in Britain be?

• Options
    Yorkcity said:

The six oclock news on BBC says we should be concerned that brexit might cause problems for the English and Scottish premier league clubs.
    That clinches it then.
    What utter drivel.

So the PL and SPL couldn't import loads of foreign players and would have to develop their own.

Mightn't that lead to better performing national teams ?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,387
    Reason 967 who no one sane would want to be an elected politician. No wonder we find that so many of them are nutters! To want to put yourself up for something like this is positively weird.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited March 2016

There's no need for lower league football to be importing players, so League Two and the Scottish Premier League could be impacted.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Reason 967 who no one sane would want to be an elected politician. No wonder we find that so many of them are nutters! To want to put yourself up for something like this is positively weird.
    The way the government has allowed the left to shift the blame on steel speaks volumes about the weak nature of team Cameron.

Caroline Lucas is angling for recall of parliament. That's Caroline Lucas, whose policies would have destroyed the British Steel industry far more quickly than it is being destroyed.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    chestnut said:

There's no for lower league football to be importing players, so League Two and the Scottish Premier League could be impacted.
    It's all nonsense.

Various Remainians have suggested on this very site, that Brexit will have no effect on immigration, and the UK won't be able to control it's borders. They can't have it both ways.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

There's no need for lower league football to be importing players, so League Two and the Scottish Premier League could be impacted.
    I think I heard on the radio that not a single one of the EU players playing in Scotland (more than 50) would meet the international criteria for a work permit for non EU countries. Which tells you everything you need to know about the sad state of the Scottish game really.
  • Options
    The steel crisis could push Wales into the Leave column.
  • Options
    taffys said:

DavidL said:

The way the government has allowed the left to shift the blame on steel speaks volumes about the weak nature of team Cameron.

Caroline Lucas is angling for recall of parliament. That's Caroline Lucas, whose policies would have destroyed the British Steel industry far more quickly than it is being destroyed.
    Well the call is to spend huge amounts of public money, not to do any good but to feel better about yourself. Lefties are good at that.

The stat linked to earlier today says it all. Wage cost of 1 tonne of steel in the UK $200. Wage cost in China $10. You really can't fix that with a bit of slightly cheaper energy.
  • Options
    Con+UKIP ahead of Labour in both constituency and list section for Welsh Assembly election:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Assembly_for_Wales_election,_2016#Opinion_polls
  • Options
    watford30 said:

chestnut said:

There's no for lower league football to be importing players, so League Two and the Scottish Premier League could be impacted.
    It's all nonsense.

Various Remainians have suggested on this very site, that Brexit will have no effect on immigration, and the UK won't be able to control it's borders. They can't have it both ways.
    Won't stop them trying though.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

Never, never, never, never.
  • Options

watford30 said:

Patrick said:

Except it's not every square inch nor is it millions in a neighborhood. Other than both remarks being wrong you might have a point somewhere.
    Surprised you haven't come up with a "1 in every 1000" sq.in. formula.
  • Options

watford30 said:

chestnut said:

It's all nonsense.

Won't stop them trying though.
    Give it a few days, and Cameron will be making 'impressive' claims about refugee footballers camped out in Kent.
  • Options
    taffys said:

DavidL said:

Hmmm

cameron's weakness in this is if he thinks overtaxing energy for business is bad, then why hasn't he changed it ?
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    edited March 2016

Yorkcity said:

That clinches it then.
    What utter drivel.

So the PL and SPL couldn't import loads of foreign players and would have to develop their own.

My thoughts exactly Alan .
    As with Spurs at the moment more English and Scottish players might get a chance to play in the first team.
  • Options
    The Donald for nominee is still slipping on Betfair.
    Lay price now 1.84, glad I bailed out last night at 1.64.
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

Yorkcity said:

That clinches it then.
    What utter drivel.

My thoughs exactly Alan .
    As with Spurs at the moment more English and Scottish players might get a chance to play in the first team.
    It was Joerg Loews main criticism of England that they lack enough talent in depth.

And yes I know about last week, but that's just building up the hope we'll all have dashed at the world cup.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

The Donald for nominee is still slipping on Betfair.
    Lay price now 1.84, glad I bailed out last night at 1.64.

The irony is that his GOP opponents, even the so-called moderate Kasich, are more hardline on abortion than Trump is.
This discussion has been closed.