Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nick Palmer says both sides in the referendum have got to s

124»

Comments

• Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

Rooney's not getting back in this team whilst Vardy and Kane are fit

If only true. Two decent centre backs and we walk the Euro's.

Yep, the centre backs do look to be the weak link. If only Ledley King had not been forced to retire.

Injury hit jones of Man U i like the look of,Stones of Everton looks Quality but the Slug like Phil Jagieka will be taken with smalling and cahill.
    I think Jones is terrible, I pray he is not fit.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    What a Great fight on ch 5,Eubank jr v blackwell.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Does anybody seriously believe that if we left the EU, the government wouldn't have an immigration system whereby doctors and nurses couldn't come to the UK? Oh wait, we already have that for the rest of the world, hence why we have loads of non-EU staff already.

Its been very difficult to get a visa for Non-EU docs in recent years, I have had to jump through hoops to employ some.

Being in the EU means that the EU docs (and nurses) can register with the GMC easily, Its not just a visa thing, but the whole package of recogniton of professional qualifications.
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    'I could never vote for one of these scaremongering idiots as my constituency MP, the way they have insulted people's intelligence is beyond contempt.'

Agreed.
  • Options

Yep, the centre backs do look to be the weak link. If only Ledley King had not been forced to retire.

He was a superb player but would sadly be like Terry and Ferdinand, past his best. As a Chelsea fan I regard Cahill as a real weak link, not sure if Stones is ready, Jagielka is better than Cahill.

Probably true. Stones is still a bit raw, but then so are a few of the rest. What was great about tonight is that they played with confidence and without fear. They pressed hard and they moved the ball with real skill. Just like a proper team, in fact. It's so rare you can say that about an England side.

Been a good day with Jordan and Stokes holding their nerve in the cricket, playing without fear seems to be the key.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited March 2016

Does anybody seriously believe that if we left the EU, the government wouldn't have an immigration system whereby doctors and nurses couldn't come to the UK? Oh wait, we already have that for the rest of the world, hence why we have loads of non-EU staff already.

Its been very difficult to get a visa for Non-EU docs in recent years, I have had to jump through hoops to employ some.

Being in the EU means that the EU docs (and nurses) can register with the GMC easily, Its not just a visa thing, but the whole package of recogniton of professional qualifications.
    The point is that if we left the UK government could still decide to continue with a similar system. Both visa and also recognition of training. It would be in our hands.

Not saying leave is a good idea, but it is nonsense argument. My opinion is very much like SO, I actually think a lot of things would be virtually identical.
  • Options

Injury hit jones of Man U i like the look of,Stones of Everton looks Quality but the Slug like Phil Jagieka will be taken with smalling and cahill.
    I think Jones is terrible, I pray he is not fit.
    For England he hasn't let the side down,when he and smalling came together in the last group game of the last world cup,both looked good together.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    Independent
    Isis supporters launched an online poll asking where they should target next - and the UK came out on top https://t.co/08dHR4L5xz
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Pulpstar said:

Hillary's national support is a mile wide and an inch deep. No one wants to wait for hours to vote for her. She'll need those superdelegates to get over the line.

Don't go all caucus poncey boots.

Clinton will win comfortably without the Super Delegates and massively with them.
  • Options

I've been amazed at how the Belgians have seemed very acquiescent in the face of these horrific events, and watching CNN, it's been "we must not divide our society", and, yet, I get the feeling that if these bombs had come from the white "right-wing", the reaction would have been much angrier ..... with a great wish to divide society ... also, here on PB, there'd have been no mention of the number of deaths from road accidents ...

The Belgians seem to be showing the sort of stoicism in adversity that we were once known for. Instead Brits on here have been more than a little hysterical.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

Hillary's national support is a mile wide and an inch deep. No one wants to wait for hours to vote for her. She'll need those superdelegates to get over the line.

Clinton will win comfortably without the Super Delegates and massively with them.
    Are there any more caucuses left ? Also Washington is very much white, liberal and rural ;p
  • Options

Independent
    Isis supporters launched an online poll asking where they should target next - and the UK came out on top https://t.co/08dHR4L5xz

The question is will it be a voodoo poll or will it conform to BPC rules?
  • Options
    runnymede said:

'I could never vote for one of these scaremongering idiots as my constituency MP, the way they have insulted people's intelligence is beyond contempt.'

Agreed.

Please use the 'quote' facility otherwise at times your posts are unintelligible.

Thank you.
  • Options

The point is that if we left the UK government could still decide to continue with a similar system. Both visa and also recognition of training. It would be in our hands.

Not saying leave is a good idea, but it is nonsense argument. My opinion is very much like SO, I actually think a lot of things would be virtually identical.
    If we are going to make so much identical, then why not just stay in!
  • Options

If we are going to make so much identical, then why not just stay in!
    I could give you eight billion reasons as a starter.
  • Options
    The thing about Jagielka was how bad he was at the last world cup,he was awful in defence.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

Are there any more caucuses left ? Also Washington is very much white, liberal and rural ;p
    The contest will pivot in a few weeks to areas of much greater Clinton strength where her margins will be significant. Effectively the nomination is over but it suits both Clinton and Saunders for the race to continue.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

The contest will pivot in a few weeks to areas of much greater Clinton strength where her margins will be significant. Effectively the nomination is over but it suits both Clinton and Saunders for the race to continue.
    Sanders!
  • Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/26/labour-chief-whip-rosie-winterton-furious-corbyn-loyalty-list

I believe like ones credit rating she is trying to appeal that they have made a mistake in relation to some old debts...
  • Options

All overseas doctors who want to work in the UK should be made to pass strict language and competence tests, a medical leader has said.
    The call follows a number of scandals involving foreign doctors that have resulted in the deaths of NHS patients.
    At present doctors from the EU are exempt from checks on their English and clinical skills, which are mandatory for medics from elsewhere in the world.
    But Dr Hamish Meldrum, chairman of the British Medical Association council, called for tighter controls, saying patient safety was being jeopardised by EU rules designed to promote free movement of labour.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1290269/Foreign-doctors-poor-English-able-treat-patients-UK-says-BMA-chief.html#ixzz443IrAb2Y
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I dunno if this problem has been solved yet, but clearly it was not a problem with non-EU doctors.
  • Options
    Please use the 'quote' facility otherwise at times your posts are unintelligible.

Thank you.

Sod off
  • Options

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders!
    Your Kentucky Fried Chicken is on the way.
  • Options
    runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

That's what I was thinking, pompous prat.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946
    runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

As ever, Jack's point is proven almost immediately.
  • Options
    runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

May I quote you on that?
  • Options

I've been amazed at how the Belgians have seemed very acquiescent in the face of these horrific events, and watching CNN, it's been "we must not divide our society", and, yet, I get the feeling that if these bombs had come from the white "right-wing", the reaction would have been much angrier ..... with a great wish to divide society ... also, here on PB, there'd have been no mention of the number of deaths from road accidents ...

The Belgians seem to be showing the sort of stoicism in adversity that we were once known for. Instead Brits on here have been more than a little hysterical.
    Funny, the sounds I heard coming after the Metro bomb didn't seem that "stoical" to me, but perhaps some are better than me at being stoical on behalf of the victims.
  • Options

runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

@runnymede might be a rude and charmless cretin but naming him a "pompous prat" is overstating his qualities by some margin.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders!
    Someone should make him an honorary colonel...
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    edited March 2016
    breaking: Italian police arrest suspect believed to be connected to Brussels attack. Apparently ISIS's document forger-in-chief...
  • Options
    JackW said:

runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

@runnymede might be a rude and charmless cretin but naming him a "pompous prat" is overstating his qualities by some margin.
    Most amusing Jack, really.
  • Options

The National Health Service will face budget cuts, falling standards and an exodus of overseas doctors and nurses if the UK leaves the European Union, health secretary Jeremy Hunt says.
    In a controversial intervention in the Brexit debate, Hunt warns in an Observer article that leaving will create risks to levels of service and investment and could trigger a loss of key staff that will leave gaps on the NHS frontline.

Since the world will end for all of us with Brexit, we will have no fking use for an NHS.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    RodCrosby said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders!
    He doesn't have too much in common with Osborne but people constant getting his name wrong is one thing...
  • Options

JackW said:

runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

Thank you.

On the substance of the matter. I take it @runnymede posts to make informed comments with the opportunity for others to reply. The 'quote' facility makes this dialogue much easier to follow. My earlier comment was well meant and intended to assist him.

Why he took offence is frankly bizarre.
  • Options
    :smiley:

The National Health Service will face budget cuts, falling standards and an exodus of overseas doctors and nurses if the UK leaves the European Union, health secretary Jeremy Hunt says.
    In a controversial intervention in the Brexit debate, Hunt warns in an Observer article that leaving will create risks to levels of service and investment and could trigger a loss of key staff that will leave gaps on the NHS frontline.

Since the world will end for all of us with Brexit, we will have no fking use for an NHS.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited March 2016
    Good evening (or should I say good night, given that it's 11:08pm).

Why is it every time England win a friendly, social media, pundits etc have to go over the top and start talking about winning the Euros and so on? Why not just enjoy the win, take the performance what it was - a very good one - and see how things go in the summer? We have read one million things into friendlies, especially in friendly games playing Germany in the past and we've all seen how that story has ended.

And well, politics has certainly been interesting in the last few weeks. Did not see IDS' resignation coming. It's hard to say just how genuine he is, though. I suspect Europe did factor into his decision, but he probably also resented the way, Osborne attempted to turn his universal credit plan into a mere budget-cutting exercise. After seeing that YouGov poll regarding Osborne as a potential PM, his chances for the Tory leadership should be well and truly done. He doesn't appear to have that many friends in the party these days, and certainly doesn't seem to really enthuse the public.

I am actually glad Corbyn has flopped in these past couple of weeks. I just know that his supporters would have held on to any decent performance at PMQs, and in response to the budget. McDonnell is far better communicator than Corbyn, but he's also a problematic figure. If Labour don't move against Corbyn this summer, he's probably going to hang on until 2020.
  • Options
    JackW said:

JackW said:

runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

Thank you.

On the substance of the matter. I take it @runnymede posts to make informed comments with the opportunity for others to reply. The 'quote' facility makes this dialogue much easier to follow. My earlier comment was well meant and intended to assist him.

Perhaps you could try to be a little less condescending
  • Options

I thinking of making a similar case to Mrs JackW over retail shoe therapy ....

Not hopeful .... :smile:

Good night PBers ....
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    edited March 2016
    I don't want to seem insensitive to you oldies, but Bernie is too old anyway, maybe not as old as you Jack, but old nevertheless.

On a more practical note, who will Hilary take as her running mate?Joe Biden remains my most lucrative political bet to date. There is some great value on the VP market.
    JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

• Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

Two Belgian nuclear power plant workers have joined ISIS

One of the men, reportedly known as Ilyass Boughalab, is believed to have been killed in Syria, while the second served a short prison sentence in Belgium for terror-related offences in 2014.

With an extensive understanding of nuclear facilities, the convict's short jail sentence has raised further questioned of the Belgian security services as well as fears he may have passed on important knowledge about the site's to the terrorist group.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3510384/Belgian-nuclear-plant-guard-murdered-security-pass-stolen-two-days-Brussels-attacks.html

Belgian police say the claim about a security pass being stolen was made up, and the murder of the security guard has no particular terrorism angle.
    http://mobile.lesoir.be/1163392/article/actualite/belgique/2016-03-26/meurtre-d-un-agent-securite-froidchapelle-piste-terroriste-dementie
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited March 2016

I can't get my head around the "Being in the EU means that the EU docs (and nurses) can register with the GMC easily, Its not just a visa thing, but the whole package of recogniton of professional qualifications" argument, doc.

If the UK government so desired to recognise certain foreign qualifications etc then why couldn't it, regardless of whether the UK is in or out of the EU?

In principle one could imagine circumstances in which it might be desirable to recognise such qualifications from non-EU member states, and/or to withdraw blanket recognition those from particular EU member states that had proven problematic (the latter course of action being very difficult if the UK remains in the EU) or include additional requirements/restrictions along the lines of language fluency for instance.

I'm not making a case for leaving here, I'm just confused as to why this should constitute an argument for staying in. It strikes me as very similar to the silly arguments along the line of "if Britain leaves the EU, it will levy tariffs on EU goods/services which will make them more expensive, stoking inflation and screwing the poor - therefore the UK should stay in the EU" (which I've seen some people argue, but which seems to me to miss the point completely - we get to decide our own tariffs; the problem isn't so much with imports as that it might make exporting harder, to the detriment of employers and employees alike).
  • Options

JackW said:

JackW said:

runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

Thank you.

Perhaps I should have been less tactful, direct, accurate and polite and told @runnymede to get a f*cking grip and learn the essentials of the site or LEAVE and take his unintelligible drivel with him - That's condescending.
  • Options
    Been on the sauce again Jack?
  • Options
    JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

runnymede said:

Thank you.

Sod off

Thank you.

Perhaps I should have been less tactful, direct, accurate and polite and told @runnymede to get a f*cking grip and learn the essentials of the site or LEAVE and take his unintelligible drivel with him - That's condescending.
    Actually that's bullying.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Hodgson will drop Rooney. The energy and dynamism of England was really quite exhilarating.

Superb from England tonight. A very serious performance.

The Tottenham press much in evidence.

We could just have a proper team here.

Totally agree, but sadly a half fit Wayne Rooney will be brought back and it will all end in tears, just like it always does.
  • Options

I can't get my head around the "Being in the EU means that the EU docs (and nurses) can register with the GMC easily, Its not just a visa thing, but the whole package of recogniton of professional qualifications" argument, doc.

If the UK government so desired to recognise certain foreign qualifications etc then why couldn't it, regardless of whether the UK is in or out of the EU?

In principle one could imagine circumstances in which it might be desirable to recognise such qualifications from non-EU member states, and/or to withdraw blanket recognition those from particular EU member states that had proven problematic (the latter course of action being very difficult if the UK remains in the EU) or include additional requirements/restrictions along the lines of language fluency for instance.

I'm not making a case for leaving here, I'm just confused as to why this should constitute an argument for staying in. It strikes me as very similar to the silly arguments along the line of "if Britain leaves the EU, it will levy tariffs on EU goods/services which will make them more expensive, stoking inflation and screwing the poor - therefore the UK should stay in the EU" (which I've seen some people argue, but which seems to me to miss the point completely - we get to decide our own tariffs; the problem isn't so much with imports as that it might make exporting harder, to the detriment of employers and employees alike).
    This isn't a silly argument, you have to assess what would actually happen given the voters and political incentives Britain has, not what could theoretically happen if you were benevolent dictator. And the best guide to that is what Britain currently does when it isn't restricted by EU rules.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Hodgson will drop Rooney. The energy and dynamism of England was really quite exhilarating.

Superb from England tonight. A very serious performance.

The Tottenham press much in evidence.

We could just have a proper team here.

Totally agree, but sadly a half fit Wayne Rooney will be brought back and it will all end in tears, just like it always does.
    He has already said if he is fit he plays, he is the captain.

Hopefully after tonight he has changed his mind
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,848
    As the arguments pro/con Brexit have intensified and the view of the EU become more polarised, one of the more saddening effects is the meme that the French were not allies during the Falklands. If reliability was adjudged by having supplied arms to Argentina then we would have to indict the US and ourselves: many Argentinian ships were former USN or RN, alongside the French-built Super Etendards flew the US-built Skyhawks, and British-built Type 42 destroyers sailed for both the RN and Argentinian Navy. Urban myth states that the Argentine pilot who bombed the Sir Galahad, and the British soldiers that it killed, both spoke Welsh...which is one of those stories too good to check.

And if you're going to quote John Nott, one of the three people to authorise the Order in Council setting up the Task Force, well the least I can do is quote one of the other two:

"...I was particularly grateful to President Mitterrand, who with the leaders of the Old Commonwealth, was among the staunchest of our friends and who telephoned me personally to pledge support on Saturday. (I was to have many disputes with President Mitterrand in later years, but I never forgot the debt we owed him for his personal support on this occasion and throughout the Falklands crisis)..."

Margaret Thatcher The Downing Street Years (1993), pp173-85
    runnymede said:

Sir John Nott

"We asked Mitterrand not to give assistance to the Argentinians. If you're asking me: 'Are the French duplicitous people?' the answer is: 'Of course they are, and they always have been.'"

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    I'm veering towards supporting Remain at the moment, although it's got nothing to do with the Remain campaign which has been dreadful IMO.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,804

Why is it every time England win a friendly, social media, pundits etc have to go over the top and start talking about winning the Euros and so on? Why not just enjoy the win, take the performance what it was - a very good one - and see how things go in the summer? We have read one million things into friendlies, especially in friendly games playing Germany in the past and we've all seen how that story has ended.

And well, politics has certainly been interesting in the last few weeks. Did not see IDS' resignation coming. It's hard to say just how genuine he is, though. I suspect Europe did factor into his decision, but he probably also resented the way, Osborne attempted to turn his universal credit plan into a mere budget-cutting exercise. After seeing that YouGov poll regarding Osborne as a potential PM, his chances for the Tory leadership should be well and truly done. He doesn't appear to have that many friends in the party these days, and certainly doesn't seem to really enthuse the public.

I am actually glad Corbyn has flopped in these past couple of weeks. I just know that his supporters would have held on to any decent performance at PMQs, and in response to the budget. McDonnell is far better communicator than Corbyn, but he's also a problematic figure. If Labour don't move against Corbyn this summer, he's probably going to hang on until 2020.

Probably. Given the Tory civil war, he may even win! Seems unlikely even in those circumstances, but these are strate times.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    Imagine the outrage if LEAVE wins but the Tories under May or Gove accept EEA and continue the current immigration policy! Given that the negotiations and implementation would surely continue until 2019 at earliest, Ukip would have a field day with the soft Referendum Tories this time and thus Labour might win the election
    So LEAVE supporters may have to accept that LEAVE means EFTA at best and an end to immigration
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    EPG said:

Imagine the outrage if LEAVE wins but the Tories under May or Gove accept EEA and continue the current immigration policy! Given that the negotiations and implementation would surely continue until 2019 at earliest, Ukip would have a field day with the soft Referendum Tories this time and thus Labour might win the election
    So LEAVE supporters may have to accept that LEAVE means EFTA at best and an end to immigration

Leave means having the ability to elect a government that can make these choices.

Relating leave to policy decisions of a potential future administration entirely misses the point

It's about democracy and sovereignty
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838

Good to see you posting again :)

Did England win? Nice tip, in that case, from Peter from Putney (not followed by me alas).

I think Corbyn's job security depends on the membership. His firewall is his 60% of member support. If there are signs (convincing signs) that that has weakened then the PLP will move against him very fast. I think the apparent fragility of the Tories is also a danger to him if he is not seen to exploit it effectively.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080
    RodCrosby said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

Pulpstar said:

Sanders!
    He's Clinton kickin' good.

• Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456

hopefully the NHS will return to being the National Health Service rather than the International Health Service if we Brexit
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651

This isn't a silly argument, you have to assess what would actually happen given the voters and political incentives Britain has, not what could theoretically happen if you were benevolent dictator. And the best guide to that is what Britain currently does when it isn't restricted by EU rules.

While I can see some value in your counter-argument, I don't think that your "best guide" is particularly good. Geographical proximity and economic ties make it unlikely that rest-of-EU would get treated the same way as outside-EU does now. Moreover, even if we did switch to treating "remaining-EU" and "outside-EU" the same on some matters, then it's really not clear that we'd do so by treating the former as we currently treat the latter. Incentives change.

For instance, we are quite at liberty to allow low-skill migration from poorer, English-speaking Commonwealth countries, but currently are pretty strict on it. The EU doesn't prevent us from loosening up. But because the EU currently provides us with as many low-skill migrants as we might need, we have no incentive to do so. If we leave the EU, it is not inconceivable we could switch to a system that gives more priority to English-speakers if we leave the EU (points for language skills would hardly be an international novelty) and then the situation of, say, Romanians and Jamaicans become quite different - both to each other, and to the current set-up. High-skill migration faces somewhat different pressures, but it's hard to believe a government that faces a shortage of doctors would demonstrate complete inflexibility. (I acknowledge that governments are capable of self-sabotage, particularly if desperate to hit net migration targets.)
  • Options

While I can see some value in your counter-argument, I don't think that your "best guide" is particularly good. Geographical proximity and economic ties make it unlikely that rest-of-EU would get treated the same way as outside-EU does now. Moreover, even if we did switch to treating "remaining-EU" and "outside-EU" the same on some matters, then it's really not clear that we'd do so by treating the former as we currently treat the latter. Incentives change.

For instance, we are quite at liberty to allow low-skill migration from poorer, English-speaking Commonwealth countries, but currently are pretty strict on it. The EU doesn't prevent us from loosening up. But because the EU currently provides us with as many low-skill migrants as we might need, we have no incentive to do so. If we leave the EU, it is not inconceivable we could switch to a system that gives more priority to English-speakers if we leave the EU (points for language skills would hardly be an international novelty) and then the situation of, say, Romanians and Jamaicans become quite different - both to each other, and to the current set-up. High-skill migration faces somewhat different pressures, but it's hard to believe a government that faces a shortage of doctors would demonstrate complete inflexibility. (I acknowledge that governments are capable of self-sabotage, particularly if desperate to hit net migration targets.)
    I take your point, although I think you're assuming a level of rationality that doesn't really exist in actual political decision-making. EU migration could disappear entirely and the voters who thought the government should do more about immigration would still think that, and the government would still have similar incentives to dick would-be migrants around.

The more important counter-argument here is that outside the EU the UK would make a deal with the EU, and that deal would likely be quite similar to the current deal. But acknowledging that obviously also means acknowledging the lack of "upside".
  • Options
    Test
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930

Test

Hello Dr Sox !
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,296
    AndyJS said:

I'm veering towards supporting Remain at the moment, although it's got nothing to do with the Remain campaign which has been dreadful IMO.

I'm going to decide on the arguments.

Therefore I am not paying the least attention to either campaign, as they have yet to put forward any actual arguments.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Test

Hello Dr Sox !
    Re the footy: Did others really consider it a good performance? The defences were shocking at both ends. Kane and Vardys goals both were well taken but I thought much of the rest of the game a bit languid.

• Options
    Happy Easter :smile:
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    ydoethur said:

AndyJS said:

I'm going to decide on the arguments.

Therefore I am not paying the least attention to either campaign, as they have yet to put forward any actual arguments.
    I will be voting Remain. Ultimately like much politics it depends more on gut feeling than anything else. Few people make a decision to vote after carefully weighing up the political manifestoes, even if these bore a resemblance to reality. Can Trump really force the Mexicans to build a wall? Or ban Muslims from America for example?

I like the EU and its institutions, and think that we are a positive influence in Europe and it is a positive influence on us.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

Pulpstar said:

Test

Hello Dr Sox !
    Re the footy: Did others really consider it a good performance? The defences were shocking at both ends. Kane and Vardys goals both were well taken but I thought much of the rest of the game a bit languid.

I thought that the Germans were poor. Do you remember the friendly with Argentina in November, 2005? We won that game 3-2 and the press got quite excited about that win, but you just knew that when we got to the tournament we wouldn't win. It has, however, given Hodgson food for thought on who to play.
This discussion has been closed.