Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nick Palmer says both sides in the referendum have got to s

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Pulpstar said:

tlg86 said:

Germany going easy on us...

Neuer - Can, Rüdiger, Hummels, Hector - Kroos, Khedira - Müller, Özil, Reus - Gomez

If one of the England players can injure Ozil, that would be much appreciated.
    Spurs and Leicester fans desperately hoping the other teams' man is played...

I'd be happier as a Leicester fan right now !
    I guess the Leicester players will play on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Many thanks to PfP for the England tip last night.
    In at 6 and now out at 4.6
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Pong said:

Lots of money coming in for POTUS Sanders.

Is he expected to significantly overperform in the primaries today?

Theres an outside chance that he could win the lot.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    Y0kel said:

Pong said:

That's not an outside chance.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited March 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Y0kel said:

Pong said:

An outside chance is the hipster types that support him saying "crickey that Himalayan Yak's milk in Whole Foods is a bit pricey, perhaps I will buy a normal gallon from Walmart instead..."

Or the College kids planning a party saying.."Red cups, I think they we will do without this time."
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Y0kel said:

Pong said:

Fair point, call it a possible chance
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Y0kel said:

Pong said:

Anyone know when the results are due?

Forward planning for the morning thread.

I think they are all West Coast/off the West Coast primaries, so they'll be out later than usual?
  • Options
    I'd say it was LIKELY Bernie will win all 3 states, Hawaii will probably be the closest.
  • Options
    Its the margin that will matter, particularly Washington.
  • Options
    Alaska 67
    Hawaii 70
    Washington 67

That's my back of the fag packet as to what Sanders needs.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    I tell you something, trying to be slightly open minded here on Islam, invites a fair amount of personal abuse, see SeanT below, though to be fair, I was a bit harsh on you Yokel in the first place. SeanT is a classic, really quite unpleasant, slightly (only slightly mind) high functioning, narcissist, so enough said there.

I just intuitively know that demonising Islam is not going to help anything, other than provide a short term vent for some frustrations.

My name here is after my cat, Tyson, who was a real fighter. He lost a half an ear, half a tail, had numerous trips to the vets for all kinds of fighting injuries, and terrorised Oxford Central North as far as I could see. I think he provided a major source of income for the local vets, both for his injuries and what he gave out. He finally came to a sad end at the hands of a bicycle.
    Y0kel said:

tyson said:

So, if you know lots of them, why do you come out with your sweeping generalisations about what Muslims think?

And quite frankly to equate Islam to Nazism says much more about you and how your narrow, xenophobic, blinkered, intellectually skewed brain works.

Y0kel said:

tyson said:

I guess you don't know many Muslims.

Y0kel said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

I agree with Nick on the need for positive messages from both.

My understanding is that Mitterrand immediately stood behind the UK, unlike the USA.
    I think he sold the Argies the Exocets and then, as soon as he'd received payment, gave the guidance codes to the Brits (basically making the missiles useless)...
    They obviously weren't that useless.

And you've failed to read my post. You love to see yourself as some contrarian..perhaps with a moniker named after a rapist and fruitcake...such an association is always a sign of an individuals weakness at their core....but you have nothing other than contrarian talk that will jemmy everything to fit your world view such as it is. Good luck to you, it will achieve nothing.

• Options
    Tyson.

Points taken spud.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,008
    ydoethur said:

Omnium said:

Sean_F said:

Omnium, most denominational schools teach things like English, Maths, French, etc. With considerable success, judging by their results.

Bromptonaut, good luck with trying to ban parents from passing on their beliefs, religious, political, or ethical, to their children.

I really do think that calls to ban denominational schools are pretty totalitarian. Almost as if children are seen as the wards of the State.

I don't doubt for one moment the high quality of the education that many religious schools give. They'd be better off, in my view, if nonsense wasn't an additional element on the curriculum though.

I don't like a ban either - you could opt in to nonsense lessons if you chose.
    Omnium, have you ever actually studied religion in any depth? I'm thinking of the likes of Daoism and Confucianism here, as well as arguably Communism (Communists also tend to be very ignorant of what 'religions' are, in my experience, which is why so many of them are cross when you point out that it is to all intents and purposes a religion).

@OldKingCole, I once taught RE to a group of diehard teenage atheists. Their last teacher but two had turned them right off the subject because she was an evangelical Christian and could never critique Christianity effectively while never having a good word to say about other religions. The loveliest moment I ever had in teaching was discovering that it had gone from being their most hated subject to one of their best liked.
    Mr Ydoethur. Congratulations; really rewarding. I should say that my grandson likes the subject and is, I'm delighted to understand, happy to fight his corner.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,792
    ydoethur said:

Omnium said:

ydoethur said:

Omnium said:

ydoethur said:

Religious studies should perhaps also focus on the incredible success that religion has had in keeping people in order. We wouldn't want the masses to do something rash like think would we!

edit:i had to cut a lot of stuff to get this to post - refer back
    The point Omnium is that you are yourself proving your own point wrong. Religious studies, ever since it ceased to be divinity in about 1950, had been about what religions believe. It is, as a diehard atheist lecturer of mine once commented, a valuable subject for that reason.

(cut)

The reason I compared him to Robespierre is that his attitude is almost identical to that of the politicians of the Third Republic, admirers of the Revolution, who came up with the original dog's breakfast that is French educational and clerical policy.
    i don't quite see how I'm proving myself wrong. I've also responded to to Sean_F that I see some benefit in understanding the views of others.

Atheism can be as fundamentalist as any old religion. If that's what you meant then you're entirely right. I think though that there's a 'careful atheist' position that should be the default.

So..

Was there a creator? We don't know
    Are there beings that are beyond us? Almost certainly 'yes'.

(Chinese delivery arrived, so fill the rest in for yourselves)
    But that's agnosticism. Not atheism. For the rest, I am happy to accept your position as stated.

I hope you enjoy the Chinese.
    Thanks. I'm a little fatter now.

Agnosticism to an extent, in that I would imagine that something along the lines of a creator/arbiter situation could exist, but complete atheism as to the world's religions (so far as I know them).

My best guess is that we exist by accident, and have no importance whatsoever. Others disagree in their best guesses. If I'm wrong and our existence isn't accidental, or perhaps even that we have some importance - even then I think it's wildly unlikely that anything like an existing religion is right.

This is just the way I see things. I'm reporting rather than preaching.

I can think of nothing more interesting than the reports of others as to how they find the world, and nothing more dull than any preaching that I, or anyone else, might do as to the primacy of those views.
  • Options
    Cheers mate. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Anyway, on that bit of a high note, I am going to catch up with the footie.
    Y0kel said:

Tyson.

Points taken spud.

• Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    edited March 2016
    I agree with tyson and also with Richard Tyndall. Most people of most belief systems are OK, and we should go after the ones who aren't, instead of taking them as typical of everyone who shares their religion.

On a less disputatious note, the results have started to come in, and Sanders is ahead 3-1 in Washington with 7% counted.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Results from DecisionDeskHQ:

http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/march-26th-dem/
  • Options
    Nick- I am sorry to hijack your thread with my Islamic detour. Your article was very good though, but at the moment politics and feel good factor appear mutually incompatible.

I do admire though your constant upbeat view of politics; you've always been a glass half full kind of fella, and you view politics as a positive and progressive way of dealing with the challenges ahead and finding solutions rather than the naysayers, yabooers and nihilists.

FWIW on Euro- I am back in the firmly in the yes camp. I would just find it utterly depressing beyond any kind of logic if we were to leave, now, of all times, when we need to pull together to deal with what we need to deal with.

I agree with tyson and also with Richard Tyndall. Most people of most belief systems are OK, and we should go after the ones who aren't, instead of taking them as typical of everyone who shares their religion.

On a less disputatious note, the results have started to come in, and Sanders is ahead 3-1 in Washington with 7% counted.

• Options
    Sanders is on 84% in Washington with 22% reporting.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    World Economic Forum
    35 years of the global economy in one video https://t.co/CIsYfrI9zc #economics https://t.co/TlTLymggzU
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,010
    Which idiot was tipping England at 8-1 in the football?
  • Options
    Interesting article about the local elections:

"England’s 2016 local elections: an indicator of the national political picture?"

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/government/2016/03/23/englands-2016-local-elections-an-indicator-of-the-national-political-picture/
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

RoyalBlue said:

SeanT said:

The Asad Shah story is heartbreaking.

A kind Muslim man expresses his love for his British Christian country, and for Jesus, and wishes everyone to come together in peace, and then says aHappy Easter

So he is brutally sliced to death by another Muslim.

Death for apostasy, in a Glasgow corner shop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3509367/Muslim-shopkeeper-stabbed-death-hours-posted-happy-Easter-message.html

I find it impossible to express my feelings about Islam, right now, without risking OGH getting a visit from the cops, so I shall say no more.

A halt to immigration from the Muslim world, an end to Muslim state secondary schools, prohibition of the hijab in state insititutions and an outright ban on the burka.

Ataturk would agree with this. Why can't we do it?
    An end to all denominational schools. Education should be entirely free of religion. The French have it right.
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2013/09/religion-and-education-england-and-france
    Why should Anglican, Catholic, Jewish, Hindu and Sikh schools be abolished? What have they done wrong?
    A great many of the things that are condemned about Islamic schools are true also of orthodox Jewish ones.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,333
    edited March 2016
    Be POSITIVE!

Believe in BRITAIN!

Be LEAVE!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

It was tipped as a trading bet iirc.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

I tipped England to win the t20 World Cup at 8/1 a few weeks ago.

Just saying.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    It's a relief to see that the Mesut Ozil that plays for Germany is the same one that plays for Arsenal.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,008
    rcs1000 said:

2-2 at the moment. Have faith.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972

twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/713838912293175296

Popcorn, sir?
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    RobD said:

Popcorn, sir?

The "how to eat a bacon sandwich" training?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,494
    edited March 2016
    RobD said:

Popcorn, sir?
    Had far too much popcorn today rewatching Batman v Superman for the third time.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,494
    edited March 2016
    Dele Alli, overrated donkey.

Rooney's not getting back in this team whilst Vardy and Kane are fit
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    rcs1000 said:

RoyalBlue said:

RoyalBlue said:

SeanT said:

A kind Muslim man expresses his love for his British Christian country, and for Jesus, and wishes everyone to come together in peace, and then says aHappy Easter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3509367/Muslim-shopkeeper-stabbed-death-hours-posted-happy-Easter-message.html

I find it impossible to express my feelings about Islam, right now, without risking OGH getting a visit from the cops, so I shall say no more.

A halt to immigration from the Muslim world, an end to Muslim state secondary schools, prohibition of the hijab in state insititutions and an outright ban on the burka.

An end to all denominational schools. Education should be entirely free of religion. The French have it right.
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/erasmus/2013/09/religion-and-education-england-and-france
    Why should Anglican, Catholic, Jewish, Hindu and Sikh schools be abolished? What have they done wrong?
    A great many of the things that are condemned about Islamic schools are true also of orthodox Jewish ones.
    Some religions are more chauvinistic and extremist than others...

I went to a quite notable and successful Catholic School, founded (and still run, in my time) by Irish Christian Brothers.

The formal Catholic doctrinal aspect of the education was practically zero. A teacher would mumble an anodyne prayer for about 30 seconds at the start of the day. There was a crucifix on the wall of every classroom and a handful of typically Catholic statues dotted around the school. And that was about it...

We had RE lessons, but they were mostly about comparative religion, general moral philosophy and social responsibility. Sometimes they involved quite heated discussion of Catholic doctrine like The Virgin Birth, the Resurrection, etc., which was never discouraged.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @IHarrisonSP: Staggering @Survation poll in @Sunday_Post tomorrow reveals just how far @scottishlabour has slumped. Half reckon they'll never govern again.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Hehe
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I think England were something like 100/1 on Betfair when 2-0 down.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Sanders has taken Alaska Caucasuses.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    AndyJS said:

I think England were something like 100/1 on Betfair when 2-0 down.

Germany were 1/20
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    Sanders really smashing it out of the ground in WA and AK, with a 3-1 margin in both. The similarity to Britain is marked - where the voters are restricted to the party supporters (caucuses), the mood for a leftward swing is overwhelming. With the wider electorate, it's a lot more even.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

rcs1000 said:

RoyalBlue said:

RoyalBlue said:

SeanT said:

Some religions are more chauvinistic and extremist than others...

I went to a quite notable and successful Catholic School, founded (and still run, in my time) by Irish Christian Brothers.

The formal Catholic doctrinal aspect of the education was practically zero. A teacher would mumble an anodyne prayer for about 30 seconds at the start of the day. There was a crucifix on the wall of every classroom and a handful of typically Catholic statues dotted around the school. And that was about it...

We had RE lessons, but they were mostly about comparative religion, general moral philosophy and social responsibility. Sometimes they involved quite heated discussion of Catholic doctrine like The Virgin Birth, the Resurrection, etc., which was never discouraged.
    "BME cultures are more chauvinistic than "evil whitey" culture - discuss"
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Be POSITIVE!

Believe in ENGLAND*!

Be LEAVE!

(* Dear Scots/Welsh/NI PBers - just for the purposes of tonight's football, natch)
  • Options
    From the man who defeated the Iraqi insurgency

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/713846147723444225
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    tyson said:

Nick- I am sorry to hijack your thread with my Islamic detour. Your article was very good though, but at the moment politics and feel good factor appear mutually incompatible.

I do admire though your constant upbeat view of politics; you've always been a glass half full kind of fella, and you view politics as a positive and progressive way of dealing with the challenges ahead and finding solutions rather than the naysayers, yabooers and nihilists.

FWIW on Euro- I am back in the firmly in the yes camp. I would just find it utterly depressing beyond any kind of logic if we were to leave, now, of all times, when we need to pull together to deal with what we need to deal with.

"Yes" is not an option.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Why don't the yanks keep out of it,the american people wouldn't give any powers away and be told what to do.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

2-2 at the moment. Have faith.
    Please pay no attention to my football comments
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @JolyonMaugham: Give me names. Any names. https://t.co/gQZ1I8eNj7
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972
    edited March 2016

twitter.com/suttonnick/status/713846147723444225

Whereas Remain will for sure raise the BASTARD thread level. ;) Make up your own acronym...
  • Options

If only true. Two decent centre backs and we walk the Euro's.
  • Options
    On England football team -

Wow,what a performance and what a come back.
  • Options

Why don't the yanks keep out of it,the american people wouldn't give any powers away and be told what to do.
    Totally agree

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/655219/Donald-Trump-EU-Brexit-blessing-crazy-migration
  • Options
    wow- I think as technically good an England performance since we beat the Dutch 4-1 in Euro 1996. We were really quite breathtaking.

It all bodes well for the yes campaign. The feel good factor. Come on Ingerlund. Hodgson, a solid lefty, will do the business.

• Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937
    Superb from England tonight. A very serious performance.

The Tottenham press much in evidence.

We could just have a proper team here.
  • Options

Neither Trump, not Obama, nor Petraeus will have any impact on my vote.
  • Options
    peter_from_putney Posts: 3,748
    3:36PM
    Germany vs England Betting Update

It seems I wasn't alone in suggesting here last night that the bookies were being a little generous in offering 5/1 against England winning tonight's friendly international against Germany, their time-honoured enemy. These odds have in the main been trimmed by a not insubstantial 20% to 4/1. As a consequence, the better value in now possibly to be found by backing SkyBet's 13/2 against England winning by the single goal - it seems most unlikely that they will win by two or more goals ..... miracles take a little longer.

Bow before me, I say bow before me!
  • Options
    tyson said:

wow- I think as technically good an England performance since we beat the Dutch 4-1 in Euro 1996. We were really quite breathtaking.

It all bodes well for the yes campaign. The feel good factor. Come on Ingerlund. Hodgson, a solid lefty, will do the business.

I hadn't realised that the referendum was midway through Euro 2016. Not clear who that benefits tbh
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Neither Trump, not Obama, nor Petraeus will have any impact on my vote.
    Same here,but These americans who want us to stay in wouldn't want the USA tied down like Britain is to the EU.
  • Options

It seems I wasn't alone in suggesting here last night that the bookies were being a little generous in offering 5/1 against England winning tonight's friendly international against Germany, their time-honoured enemy. These odds have in the main been trimmed by a not insubstantial 20% to 4/1. As a consequence, the better value in now possibly to be found by backing SkyBet's 13/2 against England winning by the single goal - it seems most unlikely that they will win by two or more goals ..... miracles take a little longer.

I bow
  • Options

Not this bollocks again.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    I note the @Sunil LEAVE message has er .... not been allowed to REMAIN.

Titter .. :smile:
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

tyson said:

I hadn't realised that the referendum was midway through Euro 2016. Not clear who that benefits tbh
    http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/11/15/another-reason-why-cameron-shouldnt-hold-the-referendum-next-june/

And Independence Day 2 hits the cinemas on June 24th
  • Options
    Uncle Roy needs to take young Wayne aside and say sorry son you aren't in the team...but he won't and he will end up with Rooney at 10 for the Euros.
  • Options

Uncle Roy needs to take young Wayne aside and say sorry son you aren't in the team...but he won't and he will end up with Rooney at 10 for the Euros.

Even my Manchester United supporting colleague has just said the best thing for England is for injury to rule Wayne Rooney out of Euro 2016
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

Totally agree, but sadly a half fit Wayne Rooney will be brought back and it will all end in tears, just like it always does.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,164

Isn't Petraeus somewhat soiled goods?
  • Options
    He gets £605 every month, others get far more. If they die, the cash goes to their family. These men are seen as terrorists, certainly by Israel, and many in the West

But, astonishingly, the money behind these payments – described by some as ‘rewards for murder’ – flows from British and European taxpayers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3510827/Revealed-UK-aid-funds-TERRORISTS-budget-cuts-12bn-taxes-splurged-foreign-hand-outs-militants-killers-Palestinian-palaces-jobs-don-t-exist.html
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I hear he is just the man to keep secrets of national security...to about the same extent as Chris Gayle is.
  • Options

Yeah, criminal record, resigned in disgrace.

A sort of pound shop CIA Ted Cruz
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited March 2016

Totally agree, but sadly a half fit Wayne Rooney will be brought back and it will all end in tears, just like it always does.
    Rooney should not play, he spoils a half decent side. Vardy gets better and better.

In other news, just had a text from a Syrian Muslim friend wishing me a Happy Easter.

• Options

We also could have half fit jack wilshere and luke shaw brought back in for the Euro's but I can do with that because Wilshere is Quality ;-)
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

Great tips, PfP.

• Options

Rooney should not play, he spoils a half decent side. Vardy gets better and better.

In other news, just had a text from a Syrian Muslim friend wishing me a Happy Easter.

Don't post his address.
  • Options

Don't post his address.
    Exactly what I was thinking ;-)
  • Options
    You can see why Chelsea and Manchester United are coveting him (and should make Spurs and Southampton proud)

https://twitter.com/SpursStatMan/status/713499953012850688
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Two Belgian nuclear power plant workers have joined ISIS

One of the men, reportedly known as Ilyass Boughalab, is believed to have been killed in Syria, while the second served a short prison sentence in Belgium for terror-related offences in 2014.

With an extensive understanding of nuclear facilities, the convict's short jail sentence has raised further questioned of the Belgian security services as well as fears he may have passed on important knowledge about the site's to the terrorist group.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3510384/Belgian-nuclear-plant-guard-murdered-security-pass-stolen-two-days-Brussels-attacks.html

• Options
    Sleeping with his ghost writer, telling her secrets - which she mentioned on Facebook IIRC

I hear he is just the man to keep secrets of national security...to about the same extent as Chris Gayle is.
  • Options

We also could have half fit jack wilshere and luke shaw brought back in for the Euro's but I can do with that because Wilshere is Quality ;-)
    Much better than Henderson, who I don't rate at all. Suddenly we have at least six really good left backs.
  • Options
    The National Health Service will face budget cuts, falling standards and an exodus of overseas doctors and nurses if the UK leaves the European Union, health secretary Jeremy Hunt says.

In a controversial intervention in the Brexit debate, Hunt warns in an Observer article that leaving will create risks to levels of service and investment and could trigger a loss of key staff that will leave gaps on the NHS frontline.

His decision to link the future of the NHS to arguments over EU membership was labelled by pro-Brexit campaigners as scaremongering.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/26/nhs-under-threat-from-brexit
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    A terror suspect who was arrested by police in Brussels after a dramatic stand-off at a tram stop is believed to have previously been jailed for helping to assassinate an Afghan leader just days before 9/11.

Belgian prosecutors said that Abderaman A. was shot in the leg at the tram stop in Schaerbeek because he was carrying a rucksack police believed contained a bomb.

However, it has also been revealed in Belgian media that the suspect, they have named as Abderaman Ameroud, was jailed for seven years in France in 2005 for providing logistical support for the killing of Afghan resistance leader Ahmed Shah Masood.

Ameroud, who is of French Algerian descent, lived in Afghanistan and was convicted of helping the Taliban to assassinate the commander.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3510599/Terror-suspect-shot-held-Brussels-police-jailed-seven-years-helping-Taliban-assassinate-Afghan-leader-two-days-9-11.html
  • Options
    edited March 2016

The National Health Service will face budget cuts, falling standards and an exodus of overseas doctors and nurses if the UK leaves the European Union, health secretary Jeremy Hunt says.

In a controversial intervention in the Brexit debate, Hunt warns in an Observer article that leaving will create risks to levels of service and investment and could trigger a loss of key staff that will leave gaps on the NHS frontline.

His decision to link the future of the NHS to arguments over EU membership was labelled by pro-Brexit campaigners as scaremongering.

My bullshit detector has just gone off again....none of what he says makes any logical sense. As post an BREXIT all these decision on funding and immigration would be 100% decided by the UK government.
  • Options

Please no more,these people are just going over the top.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,608
    If England do well in the Euros it will be on the coat tails of Spurs. Who'd have thought it, an Argentine responsible for England's best chance of success for 20 years.
  • Options

Don't post his address.
    I suspect that he sent the message because of events in Glasgow, rather than in spite of them.

He is very glad to be away from Syria, and glad to be free.
  • Options
    Vote Brexit and we'll all die. No hyperbole there then.

My bullshit detector has just gone off again....
  • Options

Yep, the centre backs do look to be the weak link. If only Ledley King had not been forced to retire.

• Options

We do recruit extensively in the EU for both medical and nursing staff.

Perhaps Hunt should incentivise retention of UK staff by cutting their pay, worsening their conditions and reducing educational opportunities...
  • Options

Don't post his address.
    I suspect that he sent the message because of events in Glasgow, rather than in spite of them.

He is very glad to be away from Syria, and glad to be free.
    Tell him to vote leave and he will be even more free.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946

Please no more,these people are just going over the top.
    I hear that mothers will no longer make apple pie and cocoa before bedtime just wont be possible if the UK leaves the EU.

Guess the government just haven't heard that Project Fear is backfiring....
  • Options

Wot, we won't be able to interweave so well with the wonderful Belgian security and intelligence services? After this week's events and revelations these people - May, Hogan-Howe, General P. - should shut up ...
  • Options

Yep, the centre backs do look to be the weak link. If only Ledley King had not been forced to retire.

He was a superb player but would sadly be like Terry and Ferdinand, past his best. As a Chelsea fan I regard Cahill as a real weak link, not sure if Stones is ready, Jagielka is better than Cahill.
  • Options
    Paul Kirkby
    Europe's cities scaled by size of the foreign born population. London in a class of its own.

BOAML map https://t.co/P1SZhvASir
  • Options
    Does anybody seriously believe that if we left the EU, the government wouldn't have an immigration system whereby doctors and nurses couldn't come to the UK? Oh wait, we already have that for the rest of the world, hence why we have loads of non-EU staff already.
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    'The National Health Service will face budget cuts, falling standards and an exodus of overseas doctors and nurses if the UK leaves the European Union'

It's just moronic.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    There are loads of good arguments for and against being in the EU, the terrorists will all come and gets us otherwise and we won't be able to get any doctors are not two of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Injury hit jones of Man U i like the look of,Stones of Everton looks Quality but the Slug like Phil Jagieka will be taken with smalling and cahill.
  • Options
    Hillary's national support is a mile wide and an inch deep. No one wants to wait for hours to vote for her. She'll need those superdelegates to get over the line.
  • Options
    runnymede said:

'The National Health Service will face budget cuts, falling standards and an exodus of overseas doctors and nurses if the UK leaves the European Union'

It's just moronic.

I could never vote for one of these scaremongering idiots as my constituency MP, the way they have insulted people's intelligence is beyond contempt.
  • Options

He was a superb player but would sadly be like Terry and Ferdinand, past his best. As a Chelsea fan I regard Cahill as a real weak link, not sure if Stones is ready, Jagielka is better than Cahill.

Probably true. Stones is still a bit raw, but then so are a few of the rest. What was great about tonight is that they played with confidence and without fear. They pressed hard and they moved the ball with real skill. Just like a proper team, in fact. It's so rare you can say that about an England side.

• Options
    I've been amazed at how the Belgians have seemed very acquiescent in the face of these horrific events, and watching CNN, it's been "we must not divide our society", and, yet, I get the feeling that if these bombs had come from the white "right-wing", the reaction would have been much angrier ..... with a great wish to divide society ... also, here on PB, there'd have been no mention of the number of deaths from road accidents ...
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Don't forget PB that there's one hour less time for UK rumpy pumpy overnight as the clocks move forward one hour at 1am .. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.