Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » YouGov London Mayoral poll has Sadiq with 7% lead

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,033
    F1: Mark Smith, technical director of Sauber, has left his post after just nine months:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35806652

Doesn't sound good for Sauber, who now don't have a technical director.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Clearly more and more people are warming to Jezza and the fiscal credibility plans of the "Iron" shadow chancelloer are hitting home.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Indigo said:

No one bosses people around as well you know, but allusions can be made, and implications given that new favours for those being helpful to the government might occur, or those favours currently expected might run into difficulties. People in top positions of those organisations know how the game is played and what is expected of them.

No, that won't wash. Organisations like the Chambers of Commerce are fiercely independent, and are certainly not stooges of government.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Scott_P said:

@DPJHodges: The issue isn't why Vicki Kirby was allowed back into the Labour party. The issue is why did Vicki Kirby think Labour was the party for her.

@DPJHodges: By the way, the answer to my question is the reason Vicki Kirby thought Labour was the party for her is because it is the party for her.

It is because Labour are an anti-Semitic party.
  • Options
    LondonBobLondonBob Posts: 467

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the military to withdraw the "main part" of their forces in Syria, saying they had largely achieved their goals.

Special forces and artillery that have been participating in the successful Latakia offensive will be withdrawn. S400 and the Tartous Naval Base (expansion) will stay to keep an eye on the Turks, Gulfies and Israelis. Air force will also carry on as before and training, technical advisers as well as equipment will continue to be supplied to the SAA.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    LondonBob said:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/nson-landslide-communications-r-24087

First poll indicating what I would expect, easy win for Trump in California.

That's with the current line-up of candidates, though, which almost certainly won't apply on June 7th.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,336
    LondonBob said:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the military to withdraw the "main part" of their forces in Syria, saying they had largely achieved their goals.

Special forces and artillery that have been participating in the successful Latakia offensive will be withdrawn. S400 and the Tartous Naval Base (expansion) will stay to keep an eye on the Turks, Gulfies and Israelis. Air force will also carry on as before and training, technical advisers as well as equipment will continue to be supplied to the SAA.
    Good to get the Kremlin's official response....
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474

Mr. Indigo, agree on Morgan as well.

Mr. Eagles, maybe Vlad's preparing for his next incursion. I wonder if he'd supply the Kurds with weapons to repay Turkey for the downed planes?

Edited extra bit: Mr. StClare, I agree, a more cordial atmosphere would be a good thing.

With the onset of Spring, the ground is drying out in the west of Russia. Vlad's probably going to have another crack at the Ukraine.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,465

runnymede said:

Richard's metamorphosis into a third-rate spinner has been sad to see.

Richard_Nabavi is still a highly respected member of the PB community imho. - This general unpleasantness towards other PBers is a recent phenomenon and quite unnecessary.
    It's not a recent phenomenon but it is unneccessary.

It tends to happen when big decisions are in the balance and passions are inflamed. The Scottish referendum was a nightmare. There have been other occasions.

That said, I do miss the atmosphere of pb circa 2006, when discussion might be as much about Gladstone's Ireland policy, the etymology or Anglo-Saxon or who knows what else (but invariably interesting), as of current events.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    edited March 2016

LondonBob said:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/nson-landslide-communications-r-24087

That's with the current line-up of candidates, though, which almost certainly won't apply on June 7th.
    Well Rubio won't be there unless he's about to pull off the political equivalent of turning water into wine in Florida.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,605
    MP_SE said:

Scott_P said:

@DPJHodges: The issue isn't why Vicki Kirby was allowed back into the Labour party. The issue is why did Vicki Kirby think Labour was the party for her.

@DPJHodges: By the way, the answer to my question is the reason Vicki Kirby thought Labour was the party for her is because it is the party for her.

It is because Labour are an anti-Semitic party.
    How did Hodges stick it all those years?
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

LondonBob said:

There was a weird poll there earlier today, showing everyone much more level...
  • Options

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, there's no link at the top of this thread...
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,258

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

Oh no there isn't!

• Options

NEW THREAD, NO REALLY THERE IS

• Options

Mr. Eagles, there's no link at the top of this thread...

Is fixed now, was a publishing error on our part.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, well, publishing errors happen sometimes :p
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    Sean_F said:

Am I reading this correctly, that actually the Tories aren't really down much on other polls we have seen, perhaps -2%, it is UKIP down a big chunk and all that has gone to Labour?

11% is actually quite high for UKIP with ICM.
    Playing the UKIP overs in ICMs last poll (11%?) before the election was a small winning EVS bet for me against a PBer

Strangely that same PBer, who shall remain nameless, now says he or she always knew UKIP would get around 12-13% but be done in by FPTP... I know different, but ho hum
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

MaxPB said:

Well the ONS are just useless. I wouldn't assume conspiracy when incompetence is an option, especially where the ONS are concerned. Charlie Bean had a go at them on the weekend, for good reason.

It is certainly the case that the immigration statistics are a complete mess. It is very frustrating trying to get basic information out of their tables and reports. But that is a different point.
    No, as Jonathan Portes said, Cameron knew the NI stats, which he used to show the number of immigrants claiming benefits, so he must also know how many are paying tax. It is a fact that the government know the real numbers, but don't release them
This discussion has been closed.