Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonight’s local by-elections – a CON defence in Theresa May

Comments

• Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,960
    Ruth Davidson is very impressive and seems to speak for all Unionists.

The return to the Unionist name must be a plus now.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    David Dimbleby:

"Anyone in the audience going to vote Out? Oh, a lot of hands going up!"
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,264
    MP_SE said:

What does everyone think the chances of free movement of people being included in TTIP?

You and I object to different things. Let's take the example of the TPP and NAFTA (as they have both already passed) to see examples.

In both cases there are ISDS tribunals that take place in secret. These tribunals can ajudge that a country's laws disadvantage a business in another country and can impose unlimited fines. In the case of NAFTA this meant that the province of Quebec was sued - in a secret ISDS tribunal - that legislation to ban certain GM foods discriminated against it. Quebec was forced to abandon its decision.

The TPP also required that signatories keep their intellectual property laws 'in sync' with the United States. If the US congress extends copyright terms, then Australia and the like are legally required to follow suit. If they do not, then Disney can use the ISDS courts to sue governments.

Neither of these are as denuding of sovereignty as the EU. But I regard them as much more denuding than EFTA/EEA.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

David Dimbleby:

It is always satisfying when the media elite realise that people might have differing opinions...
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,438
    Last week the DMO sold a gilt maturing in 2052 with a yield of approximately 2.22%. http://www.dmo.gov.uk/documentview.aspx?docName=/gilts/press/080316conventional.pdf

• Options
    Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

David Dimbleby:

It is always satisfying when the media elite realise that people might have differing opinions...
    Every Scottish MP and every Euro MP apart from David Coburn is in favour of Remain, yet around 40% of Scots (at least) are likely to vote Leave. Not a great example of democracy in action.
  • Options
    MattW said:

According to the Debt Management Office, the average maturity of UK sovereign debt is 14 years. In the US, it's about four years. In France and Germany it's six or seven. Greek debt has an average maturity of just under 8 years. As I mentioned yesterday, they have about 10% of their debt coming due in the next few months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/stephanieflanders/2010/02/greek_britain.html

According to Bloomberg, it was 12 years in 2010, although I guess the question is how you treat perpetuals. A "mean" figure that included the perpetuals as (say) 1,000 years of maturity would skew the numbers.
  • Options
    Anyone know who the angry chap in the yellow tie is on QT panel?

He is winning the 'most objectionable' prize in this household...
  • Options

Last week the DMO sold a gilt maturing in 2052 with a yield of approximately 2.22%. http://www.dmo.gov.uk/documentview.aspx?docName=/gilts/press/080316conventional.pdf

Being a pension fund manager simply cannot be much fun at the moment....
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    What I would like to know with certainty is the UK future in the EU if I vote REMAIN. I don't want guesswork - I want facts.

Joking aside we seem to have two scenarios.

1) An uncertain future INSIDE the EU where we have minimal influence on the at present unknown changes to the laws and mores that will affect us.

2) An uncertain future OUTSIDE the EU where we will have maximal influence on the at present unknown changes in the laws and mores that will affect us.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Being a pension fund manager simply cannot be much fun at the moment....
    Fortunately (and speaking as a fund manager), there are plenty of high quality, global, companies with growing dividends that offer rather better value than gilts.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

What I would like to know with certainty is the UK future in the EU if I vote REMAIN. I don't want guesswork - I want facts.

1) An uncertain future INSIDE the EU where we have minimal influence on the at present unknown changes to the laws and mores that will affect us.

2) An uncertain future OUTSIDE the EU where we will have maximal influence on the at present unknown changes in the laws and mores that will affect us.

If leave cannot demonstrate that things will be much better outside than voters will default to safety and remain notwithstanding the EU's problems
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    The average UK debt maturity was already 14 years in 2010

...and I think it was over 10 years in 1997
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

David Dimbleby:

Every Scottish MP and every Euro MP apart from David Coburn is in favour of Remain, yet around 40% of Scots (at least) are likely to vote Leave. Not a great example of democracy in action.
    It could be the said of the British labout party,is it 9 or 10 Mp's who support leave.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Yes. But while Out will not be all sunshine and roses, I think we would be fundamentally happier outside the EU.

Our legal and democratic systems are simply different to those in the EU. Whether in parliament or the courts, we have an adversarial system, and one based around common law. The EU doesn't work like that: while our traditions come from Locke, theirs come from Rousseau.

This is not a question of better or worse, it is simply that we have a different way, and if we try and conform to their way, we will be unhappy. And if we try and change them, then they will resist and we will be frustrated.

The best option is EFTA/EEA. We get to keep our legal system, to opt out of the political EU, to discriminate in favour of our own citizens, and to exempt ourselves from whatever the Eurozone must do to (try and) stay alive. But we also get access to the enormous single market that sits on our doorstep. And we get to maintain the freedoms that our citizens - that of travel and to work for and to employ who they want - have gained.
  • Options
    runnymede said:

According to Bloomberg it was 9 years in 1997, 12 years in 2010, and is 16 now.

I guess the differences relate to how you count perpetuals.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

David Dimbleby:

It could be the said of the British labout party,is it 9 or 10 Mp's who support leave.
    If it is done right (I.e. Cameron or at least most of his pro remain cabinet are replaced after the referendum) there is a huge opportunity for the Tories to mop up all Leave votes.

If done badly, we could be in for 20 years of coalition government....
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    rcs1000 said:

runnymede said:

Do we have any perpetuals outstanding and if so is there any reason why we do?
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Willie Rennie - Scots lib dem leader
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,336
    Mortimer said:

http://order-order.com/2016/03/10/who-is-on-question-time-tonight-16/
  • Options
    Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

runnymede said:

Historical undated gilts[edit]

Until late 2014 there existed eight undated gilts, which made up a very small proportion of the UK government's debt. They had no fixed maturity date. These gilts were very old: some, such as Consols, dated from the 18th century. The largest, War Loan, was issued in the early 20th century. The redemption of these bonds was at the discretion of the UK government, but because of their age, they all had low coupons, and so for a long time there was little incentive for the government to redeem them. Because the outstanding amounts were relatively very small, there was a very limited market in most of these gilts. In late 2014 and early 2015 the government gave notice that four of these gilts, including War Loan, would be redeemed in early 2015. The last four remaining gilts, with coupons of 2.5% or 2.75%, were redeemed on 5 July 2015.

Proposed new undated gilts[edit]

In May 2012 the UK Debt Management Office issued a consultation document which raised the possibility of issuing new undated gilts, but there was little support for this proposal.

Wikipedia
  • Options
    Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

runnymede said:

We did until about four years ago, when interest rates got sufficiently low that we redeemed them all.

As an aside, I guess the other question is whether you include short term government bills (typically 30 day paper), and whether you use mean or median for calculating average maturity.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

Alistair said:

rcs1000 said:

runnymede said:

Historical undated gilts[edit]

Until late 2014 there existed eight undated gilts, which made up a very small proportion of the UK government's debt. They had no fixed maturity date. These gilts were very old: some, such as Consols, dated from the 18th century. The largest, War Loan, was issued in the early 20th century. The redemption of these bonds was at the discretion of the UK government, but because of their age, they all had low coupons, and so for a long time there was little incentive for the government to redeem them. Because the outstanding amounts were relatively very small, there was a very limited market in most of these gilts. In late 2014 and early 2015 the government gave notice that four of these gilts, including War Loan, would be redeemed in early 2015. The last four remaining gilts, with coupons of 2.5% or 2.75%, were redeemed on 5 July 2015.

Proposed new undated gilts[edit]

In May 2012 the UK Debt Management Office issued a consultation document which raised the possibility of issuing new undated gilts, but there was little support for this proposal.

Wikipedia
    Thanks wee!

A simple average that included the perpetuals as (say) 10,000 years would totally skew the number compared to an average that excluded them altogether...
  • Options

weejonnie said:

If leave cannot demonstrate that things will be much better outside than voters will default to safety and remain notwithstanding the EU's problems
    The EU is going belly up in a big way and it's appearing on the TV screens - state of emergency in Hungary has been declared - not sure if that has appeared on BBC or SKY yet. Certainly not apparently on the web pages.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

weejonnie said:

The EU is going belly up in a big way and it's appearing on the TV screens - state of emergency in Hungary has been declared - not sure if that has appeared on BBC or SKY yet. Certainly not apparently on the web pages.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that (a) getting onto screens in the UK; or (b) it affecting voters much. The migrant crisis - to most people - is something that happens 'over there'.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited March 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Enda Kenny has resigned. Might mean something for people's Irish books ! Not playing in this one myself.

Unless anyone has info to the contrary, I think that is just a formal resignation to take account of the fact that he didn't get a majority supporting him in today's vote. He is now acting Taoiseach pending the formation of a new government (which looks as though will take several weeks).

I don't think it means that he has resigned in the sense of not wanting to become the official Taoiseach again if FG can get the support needed to do so. In other words, it's a Nigel Farage-style resignation I believe - but I might be wrong on that.

I don't think any betting markets are affected - they'll settle on the next permanent Taoiseach and government.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,187
    rcs1000 said:

..that we enter the 2020 General Election without having actually concluded our talks...

I did a couple of posts regarding timetables:
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/967581/#Comment_967581
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/967628/#Comment_967628
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/967632/#Comment_967632

Have a look: see what you think
    rcs1000 said:

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it seems that putting a question about what we want post-EU on the ballot, we minimise the risk of that happening.

To misquote Rumsfeld, you go to referendum with the ballot that you have, not the one that you would like.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

..that we enter the 2020 General Election without having actually concluded our talks...

http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/967581/#Comment_967581
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/967628/#Comment_967628
    http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/967632/#Comment_967632

rcs1000 said:

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it seems that putting a question about what we want post-EU on the ballot, we minimise the risk of that happening.

To misquote Rumsfeld, you go to referendum with the ballot that you have, not the one that you would like.
    As usual, viewcode, your posts are models of accuracy and nuance.

There is no place for such subtleties on pb.com. Be rabid or be gone!
  • Options

...He is now acting Taoiseach pending the formation of a new government...

*If* the Irish system works like the Westminster system, there is no such thing as an "acting Taoiseach". (sorry, longstanding bugbear of mine).
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    edited March 2016
    Lib Dem hold in Kendal with increased majority

LD 1067 Lab 307 Con 172 Green 128 UKIP 106
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    John Swinney surprisingly poor tonight.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    viewcode said:

*If* the Irish system works like the Westminster system, there is no such thing as an "acting Taoiseach". (sorry, longstanding bugbear of mine).
    I think in Ireland there is such a thing. According to RTE: "Enda Kenny has conveyed his resignation to President Michael D Higgins at Áras an Uachtaráin this evening, becoming acting Taoiseach as the Dáil adjourns until 22 March.... In accordance with the Constitution, Mr Kenny will continue to carry out the duties of Taoiseach until a successor is appointed."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0310/773964-dail-taoiseach/
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595

Pulpstar said:

Enda Kenny has resigned. Might mean something for people's Irish books ! Not playing in this one myself.

Unless anyone has info to the contrary, I think that is just a formal resignation to take account of the fact that he didn't get a majority supporting him in today's vote. He is now acting Taoiseach pending the formation of a new government (which looks as though will take several weeks).

I don't think it means that he has resigned in the sense of not wanting to become the official Taoiseach again if FG can get the support needed to do so. In other words, it's a Nigel Farage-style resignation I believe - but I might be wrong on that.

I don't think any betting markets are affected - they'll settle on the next permanent Taoiseach and government.
    Does he have less powers as acting Taoiseach rather than proper Taoiseach?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

I'm sure it's undeserved praise, but thank you neverthless.
  • Options

viewcode said:

I think in Ireland there is such a thing. According to RTE: "Enda Kenny has conveyed his resignation to President Michael D Higgins at Áras an Uachtaráin this evening, becoming acting Taoiseach as the Dáil adjourns until 22 March.... In accordance with the Constitution, Mr Kenny will continue to carry out the duties of Taoiseach until a successor is appointed."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0310/773964-dail-taoiseach/
    Thank you. I lean something new every day.
  • Options
    dodrade said:

Does he have less powers as acting Taoiseach rather than proper Taoiseach?

Dunno. But in practice he couldn't get any legislation through the Dáil at the moment, even if it wasn't adjourned until 22nd March.
  • Options
    pbr2013pbr2013 Posts: 649
    *Anecdote alert and srong expression of opinion about the junior doctors' strike*

I have spent some time in A&E this last couple of days with my elderly, sick father who has been admitted with cellulitis/poss bone infection in his leg. This is chronic. He had an out patient appointment a few weeks ago which was cancelled due to the last doctors' strike. It has not been re-scheduled so he ends up in A&E when - you guessed it - there is another doctors' strike. A&E was an utter hellhole. On a trolley in a corridor for hours with a young man awaiting a psych assessment on the next trolley acting out.

I had not really taken a view about this dispute one way or the other until now but the way I am feeling at the moment...perhaps I can channel Wendy out of South Park; "f*ck them, f*ck them right in the ear.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,312
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/10/ben-carson-plans-to-endorse-trump/

Looks like Trump has an endorsement from Carson lined up to follow the debate. Even if it goes badly for him tonight the media narrative will swing back his way within hours.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited March 2016
    https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/708074935634124801

Carson is the most popular Republican at the moment.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Windsor/Maidenhead Con hold

Con 916 LD 397 Ind 162 Lab 144 UKIP 95
  • Options
    Speedy said:

To help us contextualise, what is the preferred STD?
  • Options
    Anybody would think this Trump character is an expert at this self promotion lark....
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    rcs1000 said:
    Kasich gets ignored, even for having his mouth pissed in? Harsh.
  • Options
    Wanderer said:

rcs1000 said:
    Pay attention to the bolded letters
  • Options
    viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

I'm sure it's undeserved praise, but thank you neverthless.
    It's fair comment.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Wanderer said:

rcs1000 said:
    I see them
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,603
    Wanderer said:

rcs1000 said:
    Says it all, that I get Talktalk adverts next to this.
  • Options

Wanderer said:

rcs1000 said:
    Says it all, that I get Talktalk adverts next to this.
    LOL!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Wanderer said:

rcs1000 said:
    I can see it, but I don't get it...Zodiac Killer?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    rcs1000 said:

Speedy said:

It's true though Ben Carson was the most popular republican running for president this year:
    http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/ben-carson-favorable-rating

And it's on CNN right now too:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/708079762867093504

This ought to boost Trump's numbers into safe territory.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

rcs1000 said:

Speedy said:

It's true though Ben Carson was the most popular republican running for president this year:
    http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/ben-carson-favorable-rating

And it's on CNN right now too:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/708079762867093504

This ought to boost Trump's numbers into safe territory.
    Wolz always reports breaking news like the Doomsday clock had struck midnight.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    I hate the lottery that is the VP market, but surely Carson is worth a punt with @shadsy at 25/1?
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    edited March 2016
    viewcode said:

While it may have been founded on the Westminster system, Ireland does not now follow the Westminster system, as [aside from the fact it's no longer in the Commonwealth!] it has a written Constitution, which says, in Article 28:

"11 1° If the Taoiseach at any time resigns from office the other members of the Government shall be deemed also to have resigned from office, but the Taoiseach and the other members of the Government shall continue to carry on their duties until their successors shall have been appointed."
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    rcs1000 said:

Speedy said:

I've always felt it was Syphilis.
  • Options
    Omar Bakri Mohammad, exiled from the UK since 2005, has been named as a sponsor by British jihadists attempting to join Isil

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/12190513/Islamic-State-leaks-reveals-banned-cleric-Omar-Bakri-recruited-British-jihadists.html
  • Options
    pbr2013pbr2013 Posts: 649

Omar Bakri Mohammad, exiled from the UK since 2005, has been named as a sponsor by British jihadists attempting to join Isil

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/12190513/Islamic-State-leaks-reveals-banned-cleric-Omar-Bakri-recruited-British-jihadists.html

There's a surprise. Isn't he in Lebanon in fear of his life from Hezbollah anyway?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Windsor/Maidenhead Con hold

Con 916 LD 397 Ind 162 Lab 144 UKIP 95

Lib Dem hold in Kendal with increased majority

LD 1067 Lab 307 Con 172 Green 128 UKIP 106

Some progress for the LDs again. UKIP fading fast.

Excellent.
  • Options
    How are the US Virgins doing?

Any sign of blood?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,039
    Pong said:

I hate the lottery that is the VP market, but surely Carson is worth a punt with @shadsy at 25/1?

God almighty.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Any sign of blood?

Decision Desk HQ ‏@DecisionDeskHQ 1h1 hour ago
    They are processing absentees, told us to call back in another 30 minutes.

Decision Desk HQ ‏@DecisionDeskHQ 17m17 minutes ago
    Been calling back the same number now for fifteen minutes. Just waiting.
  • Options
    Pong said:

If you hate your money, and wish Ladbrokes to have it, then that is an excellent bet.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    RodCrosby said:

Any sign of blood?

They have a very complicated system, they don't vote for candidates but for delegates that are on the candidates team
    Here are the rules:

"Caucus attendees vote directly for delegate candidates on their ballots. Each attendee gets six votes, and the top six vote-winners are duly elected.

Note that the ballot has 10 Carson delegates, 6 Cruz delegates, 3 Rubio delegates, 3 Trump delegates, and 20 Uncommitted delegates. Trump, Rubio, and Kasich do not have full delegate slates."

So it could go from 50% Trump to 100% Carson (even if Carson has dropped out).
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

Any sign of blood?

Decision Desk HQ ‏@DecisionDeskHQ 1h1 hour ago
    They are processing absentees, told us to call back in another 30 minutes.

Decision Desk HQ ‏@DecisionDeskHQ 17m17 minutes ago
    Been calling back the same number now for fifteen minutes. Just waiting.
    They're probably figuring out how to make sense of their electoral system...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Speedy said:

RodCrosby said:

Any sign of blood?

They have a very complicated system, they don't vote for candidates but for delegates that are on the candidates team
    Here are the rules:

"Caucus attendees vote directly for delegate candidates on their ballots. Each attendee gets six votes, and the top six vote-winners are duly elected.

Note that the ballot has 10 Carson delegates, 6 Cruz delegates, 3 Rubio delegates, 3 Trump delegates, and 20 Uncommitted delegates. Trump, Rubio, and Kasich do not have full delegate slates."

Yes, delicious. Rubio and Trump could be defeated by the votes of their own supporters...

One thing is certain. Kasich has nul points.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Speedy said:

RodCrosby said:

Any sign of blood?

Here are the rules:

Yes, delicious. Rubio and Trump could be defeated by the votes of their own supporters...

What happens if Kasich sweeps the popular vote ?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Pong said:

I wouldn't.
    Trump may want a popular outsider like Carson, or a popular insider like Kasich.

But also you have to factor any refusals, logically those are 2 very nice choices but what if they refuse ?
    Trump has said that he would like to have someone with political experience to handle Congress for him as his VP, but as I said he may want to have person X but will person X accept?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

Speedy said:

RodCrosby said:

Any sign of blood?

Here are the rules:

Errm. His voters are going to be very confused, and disappointed...

And vote for someone else whose proxies are actually on the ballot...
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited March 2016
    rcs1000 said:

Pong said:

If you hate your money, and wish Ladbrokes to have it, then that is an excellent bet.
    Nah. Ladbrokes hate my money already.

"Trading Decision" is how they described it in the email.

meh
  • Options
    "What The Heck Is Going On With The Virgin Islands Republican Party?"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/virgin-islands-john-yob-republican-convention
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

Speedy said:

RodCrosby said:

Any sign of blood?

Here are the rules:

He's been endorsed by Urban Meyer in Ohio. It doesn't get any bigger than that in the Buckeye State.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

They've decided to remain virgins, and call the whole thing off?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    AndyJS said:

Not a natural born Virgin, so can't stand...
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Rubio is struggling for greater penetration?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    People who think Breitbart is a bit right-wing: read about Trump's assistant assaulting their reporter:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/mar/10/us-elections-republican-debate-miami-donald-trump-ted-cruz
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

AndyJS said:

Not something Donald Trump suffers from...allegedly...
  • Options

Tim_B said:

AndyJS said:

Not something Donald Trump suffers from...allegedly...
    Yes, let's give him a big hand.....
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029
    Any PBers got a good live feed address?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Vanilla.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    RobD said:

Its on youtube. Just look at the current live streaming channels.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

Vanilla.
    you sexy beast you. :D Gotta distract myself from work somehow.
  • Options

RobD said:

Its on youtube. Just look at the current live streaming channels.
    Hah, much better than Pulpstar's clearly illegal option. If I'm out of a job for clicking that link.... :o
  • Options
    "GOP DEBATE MOMENTS AWAY"

Didn't realise 26 minutes is now merely a few moments.
  • Options
    It seems to be on Youtube too :p
  • Options
    The chat sidebar gives an indication of Trump's support.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    RobD said:

Bit like the CNN "exit" polls that don't tell you anything other than how many left handed Latino's prefer Pepsi over Coke.
  • Options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/trump-makes-inroads-with-mega-donors-220531

If I were Trump I would prefer if he took public funds, and let the donors do the dirty stuff on Hillary with their superpacs instead.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The chat sidebar gives an indication of Trump's support.

No mentions of PB Tories yet.....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    RobD said:

Nobody mentioned 'few'....
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    Pong said:

I'd need a zero on the end of that price
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

RobD said:

Heh. "2016 Presidential election exit poll moments away!"
  • Options
    Speedy said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/trump-makes-inroads-with-mega-donors-220531

If I were Trump I would prefer if he took public funds, and let the donors do the dirty stuff on Hillary with their superpacs instead.

The Superpacs can do what they want regardless of Trump's financial position.
  • Options
    Trump has tremendously dedicated supporters, great oratory skills and is getting his supporters to take a personal pledge of loyalty with a "salute".

He's the most something or other leader since 30th January 1933 :)
  • Options
    Y'all should open the feed on Youtube, and watch the zillion comments scrolling past on the right hand side...

What a laugh!

Build a Casino on the wall. Nazis for Trump. Fuck Trump.. Etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    3 uncommitted 2 Cruz 1 Trump

Looks like from VI.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Tim_B said:

RobD said:

CNN has a countdown clock to the debate.....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Tim_B said:

RobD said:

Tim_B said:

RobD said:

CNN has a countdown clock to the debate.....
    CNN has a countdown clock on everything, they are so overly dramatic.
This discussion has been closed.