Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The EURef betting numbers remain solid for IN

SystemSystem Posts: 11,689
edited March 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The EURef betting numbers remain solid for IN

The above graphic created by Michael Dent is updated every 20 minutes and show the latest Betfair betting price on the June 23rd EU referendum. The default position is to show odds as a percentage but punters might like to click the DEC odds tab,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    3 months to go until vote day and we might not know who leads one side.

But less about a brokered covention
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Second - like Leave
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    The market is always right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    A seriously boring market. I'm just waiting for my "Yes" to come in on the EU ref during this Gov't tbh.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    What odds Rubio doesn't win a single delegate in the continental United States on Tuesday?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    The line on the graph above looks very like the YouGov daily tracker last April. Could they be related?
  • Options

What odds Rubio doesn't win a single delegate in the continental United States on Tuesday?

If that happens then it surely is Goodnight Rubio Tuesday.
  • Options

The thresholds are

15% Michigan - polls on 12-14%
    15% Mississippi - poll on 16% (got just 11.2% in neighbouring Louisiana - less than polls)
    20% Idaho - poll on 16%
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    UKIP Welsh lists

South Wales West

1) Caroline Jones 2) Martyn Ford 3) Colin Beckett 4) Malcolm Biggs

South Wales East

1) Mark Reckless 2) David Rawlands 3) Susan Boucher 4) Julie Price

South Wales Central

1) Gareth Bennett 2) Alex Phillips 3) Mohammed Islam 4) Liz Wilks

North Wales

1) Nathan Gill MEP 2) Michelle Brown 3) Mandy Jones 4) David Edwards

Mid and West Wales

1) Neil Hamilton 2) Gethin James 3) Des Parkinson 4) Howard Lillymam

• Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    Another Labour car crash.

'An aide to Labour mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan resigned today after the Evening Standard found pictures of him brandishing a gun and claiming he could be a hired “hitman”.

Shueb Salar posted a video online of himself with a rifle and bragged about spending a weekend “shooting stuff with real guns, knives, crossbows and bow and arrows”.

He added the joke comments #I’mASecretHitman and #ShoutMeIfYouWantMeToTakeCareOfSomeone and #I’llMakeItLookLikeAnAccident.

Mr Salar also added emoticons showing a knife, a pistol and a thumb’s up.'
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,609

Not on Betfair. Those idiots will see it as his golden opportunity and pile more money in.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080

If he dropped out before Florida, the state would then be in play for Cruz?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    MaxPB said:

Not on Betfair. Those idiots will see it as his golden opportunity and pile more money in.
    I've take 1.25 on Rubio to be first. No way Cruz goes first (racing certainty), which leaves it a shot to nothing that Rubio doesn't make it

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/461774/US+Government+Special.html

I couldn't see another way to monetise this except back Trump in Florida on pretty short odds.
  • Options

If he dropped out before Florida, the state would then be in play for Cruz?
    There's in play and there's in play, odds on 11 would come in to maybe 6.

It's already advantage Trump though.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,333
    john_zims said:

'An aide to Labour mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan resigned today after the Evening Standard found pictures of him brandishing a gun and claiming he could be a hired “hitman”.

Shueb Salar posted a video online of himself with a rifle and bragged about spending a weekend “shooting stuff with real guns, knives, crossbows and bow and arrows”.

He added the joke comments #I’mASecretHitman and #ShoutMeIfYouWantMeToTakeCareOfSomeone and #I’llMakeItLookLikeAnAccident.

That bit is humour. Crass and asinine, but humour nevertheless.

It is his insults to homosexuals and women that are far far worse.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,322

Have we not done that already? Twice?

What is Rubio doing still being in this ? Kasich is presumably thinking VP but Trump and Cruz would both have a toss up between Rubio and Sanders for that role. As well as being an astonishingly incompetent candidate he now looks like a really bad loser as well.
  • Options
    @TOPPING

'That bit is humour. Crass and asinine, but humour nevertheless.

It is his insults to homosexuals and women that are far far worse.'

What is it with Khan & his pals ?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,030
    Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28
    https://www.siena.edu/assets/files/news/SNY_March_2016_PRES_Poll_Release_--_FINAL.pdf
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Much though I would like Rubio to pull out, given that I've got a big red on him both for RepNom and Prez, I can't imagine that he will do so before FL a week tomorrow. If he loses FL, I expect that's the end. If he somehow manages to win it, he'll stagger on.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited March 2016
    HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28
    https://www.siena.edu/assets/files/news/SNY_March_2016_PRES_Poll_Release_--_FINAL.pdf

This is more important, new Florida poll, it's post debate:

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

Trump blows another 20 point pre-debate lead.

Marc CaputoVerified account ‏@MarcACaputo 4m4 minutes ago
    Florida poll: Rubio trails Trump by 8 points, almost ties in head-to-head & is soundly winning early ballots cast http://politi.co/1OXKqut
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    john_zims said:

@TOPPING

You may know a man by the company he keeps....

• Options
    On topic this is a really dull market. Everyone thinks Remain will win and yet the odds on a black swan are modest and disappointing. What sort of odds would be worth a punt on Leave? Surely at least 6/1, probably more.

You would be betting on a migrant melt down/ Euro collapse before June. By the people who have made kick the can a continental sport. Just not going to happen. And Cameron? He plays hard ball.

The US is much more interesting.
  • Options
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

Much though I would like Rubio to pull out, given that I've got a big red on him both for RepNom and Prez, I can't imagine that he will do so before FL a week tomorrow. If he loses FL, I expect that's the end. If he somehow manages to win it, he'll stagger on.

Do you think he's a lay at current prices?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

Florida poll: Rubio trails Trump by 8 points, almost ties in head-to-head & is soundly winning early ballots cast http://politi.co/1OXKqut
    So Rubio still trails Trump by almost double digits in his home state, head to head is of course irrelevant as there will be four candidates running, what is clear is Trump has taken a minor dent from the debate but nothing to topple his lead and next Tuesday Rubio will most likely suspend his campaign
  • Options
    So far the Saturday results confirmed my verdict of the Fox debate, and the post debate polls reflect that too.

It could be a methodology problem with Monmouth polls that show Trump's lead collapsing in both Michigan and Florida, but those and ARG are the only post debate polls published so far.

We will see tomorrow, the Saturday results indicate a real problem for Trump, the Tuesday results will give us the full extent of the damage.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:
    Though as it is a caucus Sanders will likely do a bit better
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    edited March 2016
    SeanT said:

john_zims said:

I begin to think Sadiq Khan is seriously nasty. Not just accident prone or credulous, but actively and dangerously close to Islamism. The evidence is now overwhelming.

This piece of work CANNOT be Mayor of London.

More importantly, how deep does this gangrene go within Labour? If they can let an Islamist fellow traveller like Khan become their mayoral candidate, FOR LONDON, what other sections of the party are quietly rotting away?
    Not to mention ethnic quotas

Incredible that he is likely to be our Mayor
  • Options
    Pong said:

He'll come in if he does win FL, but disappear if he doesn't. Maybe on balance the odds are about right.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

So Rubio still trails Trump by almost double digits in his home state, head to head is of course irrelevant as there will be four candidates running, what is clear is Trump has taken a minor dent from the debate but nothing to topple his lead and next Tuesday Rubio will most likely suspend his campaign
    We will see, tomorrow night will prove who is right.
    But with Trump always underperforming his poll numbers by 5% on average, these polls really turn the heat on Trump.

By the way I think that my commentary on the debates so far are more valuable that what the consensus verdicts are.
    If someone followed my advice on Friday morning, based on my debate verdict, and placed a bet on Cruz and shorted Trump he would have made money with the Saturday results.
  • Options

Pong said:

He'll come in if he does win FL, but disappear if he doesn't. Maybe on balance the odds are about right.
    If he fails to win a single continental delegate tomorrow night, he won't pull out. But even an unlikely win in Florida wouldn't save his campaign.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Possible chink of light for the 'Leavers'. Inviting Turkey to join would be very unpopular I suspect.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @thhamilton: This point by @JananGanesh applies more widely than just to referendum campaigns. https://t.co/HNJXGh7zqI
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I've folded in the GOP market, taking roughly £1k profit no matter who wins.

Bit more on Ted, £50 less on Trump maybe.
  • Options

If he fails to win a single continental delegate tomorrow night, he won't pull out. But even an unlikely win in Florida wouldn't save his campaign.

Probably not, but it would see him remain in the race, and probably shift betting sentiment.

Given the twists we've already seen in this campaign, who knows? Ted Cruz was 70.0 for RepNom less than 10 days ago.
  • Options

Pong said:

Rubio is in it not for himself anymore, he is a tool for Romney.
  • Options
    @isam

'Incredible that he is likely to be our Mayor'

Doubt it with all his baggage, it would have been a walk in the park for Jowell
  • Options

john_zims said:

@TOPPING

You may know a man by the company he keeps....

It didn't seem to do Boris any damage when his chum Darius Guppy was all over the press
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Those early voting figures are NOT what I expected from FL.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

But with Trump always underperforming his poll numbers by 5% on average, these polls really turn the heat on Trump.
    Always? The final poll in NH had it Trump 33% Kasich 17%, Trump won 35% to 15.8%. The final poll in S Carolina had it Trump 26% Rubio 24%, Trump won 35% to Rubio's 22%. The final poll in Nevada had it Trump 39% Cruz 23%, Trump won with 45%. The final poll in Kentucky had Trump on 35%, he got 35%.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

You expected Trump?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

Always? The final poll in NH had it Trump 33% Kasich 17%, Trump won 35% to 15.8%. The final poll in S Carolina had it Trump 26% Rubio 24%, Trump won 35% to Rubio's 22%. The final poll in Nevada had it Trump 39% Cruz 23%, Trump won with 45%. The final poll in Kentucky had Trump on 35%, he got 35%.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016
    Look at the polling average.
    N.H. is the only state that Trump beat the polls.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

You expected Trump?
    Yes.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Indeed usually Trump is way ahead with early voters and Rubio is getting the late deciders, in that poll it's the reverse.

It could be a methodology problem, that's why we have to wait for tomorrow's results to see if Monmouth is accurate.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

john_zims said:

I begin to think Sadiq Khan is seriously nasty. Not just accident prone or credulous, but actively and dangerously close to Islamism. The evidence is now overwhelming.

More importantly, how deep does this gangrene go within Labour? If they can let an Islamist fellow traveller like Khan become their mayoral candidate, FOR LONDON, what other sections of the party are quietly rotting away?

The endless parade of damaging, Muslimy stories must be eroding his support. I can't see him picking up many WWC or Jewish/Sikh/Hindu votes.

He will get the Guardianista left, the lower middle class Labour loyalists, and his fellow Muslims. Is that enough? Hmm.

if the Conservatives could mobilise the East European vote, Khan would be crushed like the bug he is. Zac coming out for Leave doesn't help with that.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

Your boy, Cruz, was supposed to have swept through the South by now. He's flopped miserably.
  • Options
    Trump +920.34
    Rubio +1110.09
    Cruz +1230.34
    Kasich +1165.54
    Carson +256.82
    Ryan +924.77
    Romney +907.43
    Bush +771.12

C Christie +1070.81
    Fiorina +59.78
    Uncle Tom Cobley +232.69
  • Options
    LondonBobLondonBob Posts: 467
    edited March 2016
    Speedy said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Indeed usually Trump is way ahead with early voters and Rubio is getting the late deciders, in that poll it's the reverse.

It could be a methodology problem, that's why we have to wait for tomorrow's results to see if Monmouth is accurate.
    In northern Florida that poll has Trump 36 and Rubio 32. Northern Florida votes like Georgia in the east and Alabama in the west. Lousy poll.

Good Idaho poll, remember a primary not a caucus so the evangelicals and mormons won't be bussed in like in KS. Still a strong second more likely, which is good enough. Oh for a more recent poll.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

Nevada too but Rubio should be winning his home state comfortably, the fact Trump is even in contention to win it shows how deep is the trouble Rubio is in and it is not a life or death state for Trump which it is for Rubio, if he loses it he is out
  • Options
    Trump and Cruz still +14 and +19 green in POTUS, Sanders still -1k :)
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

I believe you were calling Michigan for Katich yesterday. Still confident?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

You'll be back in. I thought I was out but then the siren call of idiots with money will pull you back.
  • Options
    LondonBobLondonBob Posts: 467
    HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

Nevada too but Rubio should be winning his home state comfortably, the fact Trump is even in contention to win it shows how deep is the trouble Rubio is in and it is not a life or death state for Trump which it is for Rubio, if he loses it he is out
    Florida is as much Trump's home state, same for Nevada.
  • Options
    I don't trust the republican party at all, can just see them putting in greasy little Rubio after he's lost everything at a brokered convention.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

john_zims said:

The endless parade of damaging, Muslimy stories must be eroding his support. I can't see him picking up many WWC or Jewish/Sikh/Hindu votes.

He will get the Guardianista left, the lower middle class Labour loyalists, and his fellow Muslims. Is that enough? Hmm.

London voted Labour last year by 44% to the Tories 35% at a time when the country voted Tory 37% to 30%. London is now 59% white 41% non white. London, certainly inner London, is virtually the only place in the country Jeremy Corbyn has increased Labour's popularity. I would still make Khan the favourite, Boris only won because of a huge victory margin in the suburbs and I just don't see Zac having the same appeal to white van man!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

DavidL said:

On topic this is a really dull market. Everyone thinks Remain will win and yet the odds on a black swan are modest and disappointing. What sort of odds would be worth a punt on Leave? Surely at least 6/1, probably more.

You would be betting on a migrant melt down/ Euro collapse before June. By the people who have made kick the can a continental sport. Just not going to happen. And Cameron? He plays hard ball.

The US is much more interesting.

I imagine the indyref market was quite dull, in a similar way, about 4 months out? Then the campaign "livened up".

The Indyref was traumatic from day 1 to the end. In comparison the Euroref is like choosing between a merlot and a rioja. On any given day you have a preference but you know, life goes on.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,637
    SeanT said:

RoyalBlue said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

john_zims said:

if the Conservatives could mobilise the East European vote, Khan would be crushed like the bug he is. Zac coming out for Leave doesn't help with that.
    BETTING ADVISORY

You can get 9/4 against Zac Goldsmith, for London mayor, as of this moment. After this latest revelation, that might evince a smidgen of VALUE.
    Tight odds for the Green Party candidate.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

You'll be back in. I thought I was out but then the siren call of idiots with money will pull you back.
    Still playing in the POTUS market, just want some "banked" profits in the GOP nom :)

And yes, I probably will be back in ;)
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

john_zims said:

London voted Labour last year by 44% to the Tories 35% at a time when the country voted Tory 37% to 35%. London, certainly inner London, is virtually the only place in the country Jeremy Corbyn has increased Labour's popularity. I would still make Khan the favourite, Boris only won because of a huge victory margin in the suburbs and I just don't see Zac having the same appeal to white van man!
    Hasn't a large portion of Labour's inner London vote recently disappeared?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls 9m9 minutes ago
    Marco Rubio's at 5% in the Ohio poll we'll release later today. 33/51 favorability with GOP voters

Looks like Kasich will get a lead in Ohio.
    That's 8 points bellow Rubio's polling average, if it has all gone to Kasich then he is in the lead.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

john_zims said:

London voted Labour last year by 44% to the Tories 35% at a time when the country voted Tory 37% to 35%. London, certainly inner London, is virtually the only place in the country Jeremy Corbyn has increased Labour's popularity. I would still make Khan the favourite, Boris only won because of a huge victory margin in the suburbs and I just don't see Zac having the same appeal to white van man!
    Probably just a portion of the non-voters and no longer living there. Something to be aware of for anyone betting on turnout.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Speedy said:

Marco Rubio's at 5% in the Ohio poll we'll release later today. 33/51 favorability with GOP voters

That's 8 points bellow Rubio's polling average, if it has all gone to Kasich then he is in the lead.

He may have the lead even if it hasn't. Michigan will be a good tester, for him and for Rubio (the threshold there is 15%!)
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    Speedy said:

So far the Saturday results confirmed my verdict of the Fox debate, and the post debate polls reflect that too.

It could be a methodology problem with Monmouth polls that show Trump's lead collapsing in both Michigan and Florida, but those and ARG are the only post debate polls published so far.

We will see tomorrow, the Saturday results indicate a real problem for Trump, the Tuesday results will give us the full extent of the damage.

The Michigan & Florida Monmouth polls were both partly conducted pre-debate.

The Fox2Detroit Michigan poll on the other hand has fieldwork that was entirely post debate on 6th and gives Trump a 22% lead.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    SeanT said:

john_zims said:

Put down your copy of Guido's Bhuttan Gazette and stop the drama queen crap.

So far one of Khan's colleagues has been shown to be a clown. If you look closely at Cameron's Bullingdon photo you'll see that's not uncommon among politicians mates and that's before you even get to Andy Coulson ....... yet he became and remained PM.

Time to smell the Yaks milk and go visit some phalluses.
  • Options
    PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls 38s39 seconds ago
    Another finding from Ohio- if GOP voters had to pick between Trump and Romney, they'd take Trump 52/36

Kasich should be around 31% then, if Rubio has 5%.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    LondonBob said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Siena New York poll

GOP
    Trump 45
    Rubio 18
    Kasich 18
    Cruz 11

Dems
    Clinton 55
    Sanders 34

General election

Clinton 57
    Trump 34

Clinton 56
    Rubio 35

Clinton 49
    Kasich 42

Clinton 58
    Cruz 33

Sanders 57
    Trump 33

Sanders 58
    Rubio 32

Sanders 54
    Kasich 35

Sanders 63
    Cruz 26

Clinton 42
    Trump 25
    Bloomberg 26

Sanders 42
    Trump 24
    Bloomberg 28

Monmouth

Trump 38
    Rubio 30
    Cruz 17
    Kasich 10

Florida is as much Trump's home state, same for Nevada.
    Trump's home state is New York, the fact he has hotels in Miami and Las Vegas does not make them his home states!
  • Options
    March of the Makers in the Northern Powerhouse:

'ThyssenKrupp Woodhead: Flooded spring factory set to close'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-35744975

Added bonus:

'Options are being considered for a new production site, with "Eastern Europe the most likely location", the company said.'
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,988
    Someone had a 5000/1 bet on Leciester. Chose to cash out for around £70k rather than hold on and hope for a £250,000 win if they get the title:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-35747633
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Another finding from Ohio- if GOP voters had to pick between Trump and Romney, they'd take Trump 52/36

And Trump is on 52%?!

Your conclusion is solid, Kasich could easily be on 31%. Your methodology isn't.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,403
    Speedy said:

You must have an awful book on Trump.

It's the only way to explain your repeated (and increasingly desperate) posts on here trying to "prove" it's all over for him.
  • Options

Speedy said:

And Trump is on 52%?!

Your conclusion is solid, Kasich could easily be on 31%. Your methodology isn't.
    Nope, that 52% should be Trump+Cruz voters.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

And Trump is on 52%?!

Nope, that 52% should be Trump+Cruz voters.
    Who have very little in common. Particularly when you think Romney spoke out against Trump but not Cruz.

Hopefully we'll get the crossbreaks later.

Incidentally if you split the 52% even slightly unevenly, Kasich no longer leads.
  • Options
    @Speedy What is your betting position out of interest ?
  • Options

Speedy said:

It's the only way to explain your repeated (and increasingly desperate) posts on here trying to "prove" it's all over for him.
    I don't have any, anticipating the roller coaster I bailed out of the GOP race a week before Iowa.
    So I'm now a tranquil observer, not having to worry about the betting odds going up and down like on a trampoline.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,403
    Speedy said:

Speedy said:

I don't have any, anticipating the roller coaster I bailed out of the GOP race a week before Iowa.
    So I'm now a tranquil observer, not having to worry about the betting odds going up and down like on a trampoline.
    You sound anything but tranquil.
  • Options
    @HYUFD

'Boris only won because of a huge victory margin in the suburbs and I just don't see Zac having the same appeal to white van man!'

Khan is doing a great job motivating voters in the suburbs to turn out.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Marco Rubio, beware the Ides of March.

I feel this would work better with Trump, but never mind.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

john_zims said:

The latest London yougov poll has Labour leading the Tories 44% to 37%
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/e2hjduyzxn/LBCResults_London_Mayor_160106_Website.pdf
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Looks like Rubio has picked up 5 delegates from Louisiana, after some last-minute rule change or clarification. [I still don't quite see how]
    http://www.lagop.com/blog/2016/3/6/lagop-congratulates-donald-trump-on-louisiana-victory
    I wish they'd stop doing that!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Pulpstar said:

@Speedy What is your betting position out of interest ?

Right now none, as I said multiple times I bailed out a week before Iowa, you can even check my comments from back then when I told everyone.

I came on the Trump train in May and last I bet on him just after the new year.
    Also a bit on Carson way back when he first announced, but I regretted it a bit after he collapsed in late November, Trump doing a Columbo impersonation to dissect Carson was unexpected.

So I'm fine and stress free to observe the car crash from a safe distance.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Looks like Rubio has picked up 5 delegates from Louisiana, after some last-minute rule change or clarification. [I still don't quite see how]
    http://www.lagop.com/blog/2016/3/6/lagop-congratulates-donald-trump-on-louisiana-victory

They'll make up the rules to suit Marco as they go along.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    john_zims said:

@HYUFD

'Boris only won because of a huge victory margin in the suburbs and I just don't see Zac having the same appeal to white van man!'

I doubt it will be as high as for Boris, nor enough, especially with Khan getting a high turnout of Muslim voters too
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Next they will award 1000 delegates for Minnesota.
  • Options
    Mr. HYUFD, might be Pyrrhic for Labour.

A Khan win helps shore up Corbyn even if the locals are bad. And if Khan is less than stellar, he's another target for the Conservatives to attack.
  • Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903
    HYUFD said:

john_zims said:

@HYUFD

I doubt it will be as high as for Boris, nor enough, especially with Khan getting a high turnout of Muslim voters too
    I'm tempted to launch into Jimmy's and Reggie's secret army routine...
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    TOPPING said:

john_zims said:

Jokes can be terminal in politics, mind. "There is no money left," was a joke.
  • Options
    Sharapova failed a drugs test at the Australian Open:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35750285
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    It wont be long before daring to mention that Khan will do well in Tower Hamlets and Newham will be WAAAAYCIST
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

They'll make up the rules to suit Marco as they go along.
    How does a guy who wins 11% statewide pick up a delegate in 5 out of the 6 CDs?
    And the CDs weren't even in the mix last time I looked...
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Mr. HYUFD, might be Pyrrhic for Labour.

A Khan win helps shore up Corbyn even if the locals are bad. And if Khan is less than stellar, he's another target for the Conservatives to attack.

May well be the case, a lot of Tories would rather see Zac lose than Corbyn be toppled, including perhaps the PM himself (especially given they are not exactly eye to eye on everything at the moment). By contrast many Labour backbenchers will be rooting for Zac!
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

Sharapova failed a drugs test at the Australian Open:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35750285

Wow. Probably would've been better for her if the retirement rumours had been true...
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,721
    Pulpstar said:

I don't trust the republican party at all, can just see them putting in greasy little Rubio after he's lost everything at a brokered convention.

Yes, they probably want to win.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    I once bet on Marco Rubio at 6/1. Never again. #NeverAgainRubio
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    Wanderer said:

TOPPING said:

john_zims said:

We want politicians to be human, except when they do something human
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,302
    Wanderer said:

TOPPING said:

john_zims said:

Boris may prove to be terminal as well :smiley:
  • Options
    TIME TO CHALLENGE POLLING WEIGHTINGS
    1. The betting markets are influenced by the polls (Statement of the bleeding obvious).
    2. Key to this is how accurate are the polls (2nd Statement of the bleeding obvious).
    4. One of the major causes of inaccurate polls for the GE was having too many young voters and too few 65+ Conservative leaning voters in the polling samples.
    5. Yougov stated in an recent article that for every voter in 18-24 range there should be 3 in the 65+ range.
    6. So why in the 2nd & 3rd March Yougov data was there just a weighting of 197 18-25 and only 356 65+ ? This produced a small REMAIN 3% (40%) lead whereas it probably should have been ?????
  • Options
    @isam

'It wont be long before daring to mention that Khan will do well in Tower Hamlets and Newham will be WAAAAYCIST'

Was the former Mayor of Tower Hamlets also one of Khan's pals ?

• Options

1. The betting markets are influenced by the polls (Statement of the bleeding obvious).
    2. Key to this is how accurate are the polls (2nd Statement of the bleeding obvious).
    4. One of the major causes of inaccurate polls for the GE was having too many young voters and too few 65+ Conservative leaning voters in the polling samples.
    5. Yougov stated in an recent article that for every voter in 18-24 range there should be 3 in the 65+ range.
    6. So why in the 2nd & 3rd March Yougov data was there just a weighting of 197 18-25 and only 356 65+ ? This produced a small REMAIN 3% (40%) lead whereas it probably should have been ?????

At the general election the Tories benefited from support from both high turnout groups, the old and the middle class, at the referendum the middle classes will back Remain while the old will back Leave thus somewhat cancelling each other out
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited March 2016
    HYUFD said:

At the general election the Tories benefited from support from both high turnout groups, the old and the middle class, at the referendum the middle classes will back Remain while the old will back Leave thus somewhat cancelling each other out
    That may be correct. But first why are the polling companies weighting Young voters vs 65+ in a way that is disproportionate with how they voted at the GE?
This discussion has been closed.