Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Don’t expect anything to come of the GOP’s establishment ef

Comments

• Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Redwood on Sky talking a lot of sense..re the EU..
  • Options

Hmm, wonder what he has planned

Rupert Murdoch
    UK Brexit campaign gathers force as government makes obviously false claims aimed at scaring voters. Early days yet.

Oh I can't get excited. people always overstate what "Murdoch" will do and he always sabre rattles and then disappoints.
    Maybe ..... but he ain't no mug and he DOES so like being on the winning side.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,978
    Pulpstar said:

Trump is getting new voters though, 20,000 Dems switching party in MA. Look at the VA turnout too !

Turnout up all across the board.

Sanders is basically getting Hillary's 2008 vote + some young people.

Hillary's margins amongst black voters are so enormous though her lead is far better than it looks.

She'll run up a tremendous victory in LA today, which will overwhelm what I expect to be Bernie victories in the other two states and will gain another +20 voters I think.

The other 2 states are only caucuses not primaries so far easier for Sanders enthusiasts to organise and win.

Turnout is certainly up in GOP primaries but before anyone gets too carried away Trump has only won 34% of that vote to date. One could equally well argue that large numbers are turning out in GOP primaries to stop Trump.

As I pointed out earlier the exit polls in the primaries so far have shown only 49% of GOP voters would be happy with a Trump candidacy compared to 79% of Dems happy with Clinton. In 2012 GOP voters were 63% happy with Romney and and 77% were happy with McCain in 2008 and both went on to lose.

Trump's voters are probably the most energised and vocal (except maybe for Sanders) but it doesn't follow that there are more of them!
  • Options

Initially I though - crazy bet - then I thought this is a once every two years scoreline so perhaps 125/1 ain't such bad value after all!
    4-1 is our favourite winning margin this season when 'big'...

sadly you need to transpose the teams this time,
  • Options

Redwood on Sky talking a lot of sense..re the EU..

John Redwood is one of those politicians who is tremendously impressive being interviewed one to one, but in debate he's rather less so.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,683
    The bigger question the Map Truthers have to answer is why the fuck do the BBC bother with any weather in Scotland at all? It's always adequately covered by "It'll be shite." On those four days a year they are wrong, the Beeb can shrug and go "so sue me...."
  • Options

Initially I though - crazy bet - then I thought this is a once every two years scoreline so perhaps 125/1 ain't such bad value after all!

Have faith. Though you don't want me to win this bet, because I will be even more unbearable
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,511

EPG said:

Lots of rich Republicans will cross over to Hillary compared to when Romney/McCain were in the field
    Not many poor Democrats will cross over to Trump compared to when Obama was running
    Thus I see Hillary upside and am reluctant to bet on Trump beyond the convention

Quite a lot of poor Democrats won't vote for Hillary either. The key question may not be swing voters so much as GOTV.
    Trump as GOP candidate will be a massive boost to Democrats' GOTV.

And yet he is doing best in open, rather than closed, primaries (which will count against him today).
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,281
    edited March 2016
    Pulpstar said:

EPG said:

Lots of rich Republicans will cross over to Hillary compared to when Romney/McCain were in the field
    Not many poor Democrats will cross over to Trump compared to when Obama was running
    Thus I see Hillary upside and am reluctant to bet on Trump beyond the convention

Quite a lot of poor Democrats won't vote for Hillary either. The key question may not be swing voters so much as GOTV.

It really wouldn't.

All the Trump vs Clinton polls are like 42-38.

Turnout will be awful.
    It will be a very close election so turnout will be relatively high, it always is in close elections,
    the lowest turnout in the last 60 years was in 1996 when Bill Clinton comfortably beat Bob Dole by more than 8% and turnout fell to just 49%. The highest turnout was 62.8% in the very close 1960 election when JFK beat Nixon by less than 1%
  • Options

EPG said:

And yet he is doing best in open, rather than closed, primaries (which will count against him today).
    Dems4Trump like Tories4Corbyn?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,312

EPG said:

Could be a big day for Ted Cruz.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Have faith. Though you don't want me to win this bet, because I will be even more unbearable
    You think that would be unbearable: I have a pound each way at 3000/1 on Leicester winning the title. If that comes in...
  • Options

a price worth paying - COYS!

(why's Wenger dropped Monreal too, looks a panicky team by him ... but then I'm looking for straws)
  • Options

a price worth paying - COYS!

(why's Wenger dropped Monreal too, looks a panicky team by him ... but then I'm looking for straws)
    Slight calf injury.

A draw would be best for Leicester - and the football gods continue to smile on us...
  • Options
    edited March 2016

You think that would be unbearable: I have a pound each way at 3000/1 on Leicester winning the title. If that comes in...
    Your £1 on Leicester second or first at 1000-1 is looking utterly tremendous right now. Probably better than the win part.

Is it 1-2 @ 1-3 or something else ?
  • Options
    I can't do it. I'm going to walk the dog.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,390

EPG said:

Agreed, the traditional concept of swing voter is not relevant here, the only difference in my guess being that I doubt Hillary will lose many voters relative to Obama

I also think this Klan business will be helpful in mobilising black voters, and Sanders's weaknesses are good for Hillary here
    And of course she will win more Latinos than Obama '12. As the Americans say, Duh
  • Options
    Marco drifting on Betfair...
  • Options

Next PB meet and the drinks are on you.
  • Options
    Ted Cruz POTUS 38/40

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE value there right now.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

LondonBob said:

JackW said:

tlg86 said:

JackW said:

JohnLoony said:

Interesting statistics:

63% of white men voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980
    63% of white men voted for George Bush snr. in 1988
    62% of white men voted for George W. Bush in 2004
    62% of white men voted for Mitt Romney in 2012

Hashtag diminishing demographic

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699?utm_content=buffered237&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#ixzz41vy43OHg

A very useful article for PBers.

Additionally the hispanic demographic is unsurprisingly proving difficult for Trump. Romney secured 27% of their vote in 12, presently the best estimate is that Trump is managing only 15% of this increasingly important bloc that is vital in a number of swing states.
    Jack, do you think it will ever be possible again for a white male to win the White House as the Republican candidate?
    Yes. Hovever the GOP need to to heed their own advice after the 2012 defeat when they realised that alienating vast swathes of the electorate wasn't the route to the White House given the demographic changes and the need to appeal to swing voters.

The question is how many times they will lose before the dime finally drops?
    Seems it has with those rallying round Trump..
    Incorrect.

Hispanics will make up 12% of the eligible vote this year only 0.5% below the AA vote.

Their vote in swing states will be 18% in Florida, 17% in Nevada, 15% in Colorado. They will also make up crucial blocs in Virginia and the rust belt states.

The latest Florida poll has Trump +2. Hardly "in the bag".

Hispanics in Florida are usually Cuban-Americans, and often hard right as a legacy of fleeing the communists. Hispanics in the SW are much more working class, and nearly all of Mexican or Central American heritage. It is a very different demographic and migration.

I suspect part of Rubio's problem is that his Hispanic appeal is mostly to the former. The others will be voting Democrat if they vote at all. Class trumps ethnicity in most elections.
    Incorrect.

Florida's Cuban hispanics now make up a clear minority of the demographic - 31%

Pew Research :

"Hispanic Origin. Hispanic eligible voters in Florida have a different Hispanic origin profile to Hispanic eligible voters nationwide. Only 9% of Hispanic eligible voters in Florida are of Mexican origin, 27% are of Puerto Rican origin, 31% are of Cuban origin and 32% claim other Hispanic origin. Among all Hispanic eligible voters nationwide, 59% are Mexican, 14% are Puerto Rican, 5% are of Cuban origin and 22% are of some other Hispanic origin."
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    JackW said:

JackW said:

LondonBob said:

JackW said:

tlg86 said:

JackW said:

JohnLoony said:

Interesting statistics:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699?utm_content=buffered237&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#ixzz41vy43OHg

Additionally the hispanic demographic is unsurprisingly proving difficult for Trump. Romney secured 27% of their vote in 12, presently the best estimate is that Trump is managing only 15% of this increasingly important bloc that is vital in a number of swing states.
    Jack, do you think it will ever be possible again for a white male to win the White House as the Republican candidate?
    Yes. Hovever the GOP need to to heed their own advice after the 2012 defeat when they realised that alienating vast swathes of the electorate wasn't the route to the White House given the demographic changes and the need to appeal to swing voters.

The question is how many times they will lose before the dime finally drops?
    Incorrect.

Hispanics will make up 12% of the eligible vote this year only 0.5% below the AA vote.

Their vote in swing states will be 18% in Florida, 17% in Nevada, 15% in Colorado. They will also make up crucial blocs in Virginia and the rust belt states.

Hispanics in Florida are usually Cuban-Americans, lections.
    Incorrect.

Florida's Cuban hispanics now make up a clear minority of the demographic - 31%

Pew Research :

"Hispanic Origin. Hispanic eligible voters in Florida have a different Hispanic origin profile to Hispanic eligible voters nationwide. Only 9% of Hispanic eligible voters in Florida are of Mexican origin, 27% are of Puerto Rican origin, 31% are of Cuban origin and 32% claim other Hispanic origin. Among all Hispanic eligible voters nationwide, 59% are Mexican, 14% are Puerto Rican, 5% are of Cuban origin and 22% are of some other Hispanic origin."
    Though Puerto Ricans are different to Mexicans too.

Do you think my point has any validity that SW Hispanics are quite different to East Coast ones, both in terms of origins, but also social class? Similar perhaps to the differences between British Muslims and British Sikhs in voting behaviour.
  • Options
  • Options
    EPG said:

EPG said:

Agreed, the traditional concept of swing voter is not relevant here, the only difference in my guess being that I doubt Hillary will lose many voters relative to Obama

I also think this Klan business will be helpful in mobilising black voters, and Sanders's weaknesses are good for Hillary here
    And of course she will win more Latinos than Obama '12. As the Americans say, Duh
    Indeed, Trump could win Ohio, helped by gains with the white working class and Florida and Colorado and Iowa and still lose to Hillary 270 to 268 if she wins Virginia, helped by mobilising the black vote and Nevada, helped by mobilising the Hispanic vote and holds all the other states Obama won
    http://www.270towin.com/
  • Options
    Massive news. Looks like YouGov are reviving their daily poll for the EURef

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/03/05/remain-retakes-lead-eu-referendum/
  • Options
    YouGov has recorded four consecutive leads for Remain since the last published poll, suggesting a movement towards the Remain side in the first two weeks of campaigning
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,630

Be still my beating heart.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 59,417
    Pulpstar said:

Roughly 10% implied chance of being GOP nominee. Probably about right at the moment?
  • Options

YouGov has recorded four consecutive leads for Remain since the last published poll, suggesting a movement towards the Remain side in the first two weeks of campaigning

Remain lead 40% to 37%, I am sticking to my prediction of Remain 52% to 48% with England outside London voting Leave
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 78,071
    House of Cards Season 4 - Absolutely bloody brilliant...thats all..well other than another year to wait until Season 5.
  • Options

That's a great piece of news. It was so accurate last year!
  • Options

House of Cards Season 4 - Absolutely bloody brilliant...thats all..well other than another year to wait until Season 5.

Anyone posting spoilers until I've seen the episodes, will see me unleash God's own fury via the medium of threads on AV and Scottish Independence
  • Options

JackW said:

JackW said:

LondonBob said:

JackW said:

tlg86 said:

JackW said:

JohnLoony said:

Interesting statistics:

Yes. Hovever the GOP
    Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Florida's Cuban hispanics now make up a clear minority of the demographic - 31

Do you think my point has any validity that SW Hispanics are quite different to East Coast ones, both in terms of origins, but also social class? Similar perhaps to the differences between British Muslims and British Sikhs in voting behaviour.
    I'm normally very wary about talking about voting blocs but in US politics there is little getting away from the fact that Dems take around 9/10 AA voters and the trend with hispanics is hugely favouring the Dems too regardless of origin and social class.

Clearly in Florida the GOP has historically been stronger in the Cuban community but even this demographic is trending away from the GOP. Outside of Florida the hispanic voting patterns are at the margin very similar whether it be Nevada, Virginia or the rust belt states.

Just as New Mexico has trended away from GOP (Bush Jnr won there) so has Nevada. Colorado has followed suit and it time so will Arizona and Texas will become a swing state eventually.
  • Options

That's a great piece of news. It was so accurate last year!
    Yeah, but it gave me such a natural rhythm, YouGov out at 10.30 pm was my sign to go to bed
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Deep joy, which poor sucker has commissioned that?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,162
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Eagles, were YouGov accurate last time? This sounds like it'll just saturate the media and create rather than reflect the narrative.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    Indeed.

I'm certainly not cheered by this at all.

Mr. Eagles, were YouGov accurate last time? This sounds like it'll just saturate the media and create rather than reflect the narrative.

• Options

Deep joy, which poor sucker has commissioned that?
    I think they are doing it pro bono publico.

Confession time, a few weeks ago, I did suggest to a few people at YouGov that they should do a daily EURef poll
  • Options

The final yougov indyref poll was No 52% Yes 48% so not far off
    https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/09/18/scotland-no-enters-polling-day-4-ahead/

The yougov exit poll was almost spot on at No 54% Yes 46%
    https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/09/18/yougov-referendum-prediction/

• Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456

Maomentum
    Crib sheet for #labourdoorstep this morning:

1. Trident

2. Falklands

3. Prostitutes

Let's go win an election!

CCHQ must be paying Corbyn a good retainer!
  • Options
    Those people slagging off Dave, take note, the chap knows how to win, and you're out of touch

Stephan Shakespeare, YouGov CEO, says "The remain side has won the first two weeks of this campaign.
  • Options

Am only just over halfway through Season 3, so as per TSE no spoilers please
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,397
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,397

Pulpstar said:

Roughly 10% implied chance of being GOP nominee. Probably about right at the moment?
    Much closer than the 20% chance a couple of days ago.
  • Options

And did you share this bet with the class?
  • Options
    1-0 Arsenal
  • Options

They got the general election wrong, but they've got other things virtually spot on.

I mean you wouldn't call Hannibal a loser just because he had his bottom spanked at Zama
  • Options

They got the general election wrong, but they've got other things virtually spot on.

I mean you wouldn't call Hannibal a loser just because he had his bottom spanked at Zama
    Indeed and referendums should be easier to predict as there are no smaller parties to complicate matters (and if the status quo leads they will almost certainly win as Don't Knows tend to favour no change in the end)
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,950
    edited March 2016
    Well we're one sixth of the way of my 125/1 bet coming through
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,786
    Should have been 2-0
  • Options

1-0 Arsenal

Beautiful goal. Well received in Leicester :-)
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,189
    Playing out entirely as expected at White Hart Lane.
  • Options

1-0 Arsenal

Happy if it stays this way at the final whistle, I guess? You don't want Arsenal getting a hateful - your goal difference would be too tight then.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,162
    Mr. Eagles, I've always criticised saturation of the daily poll. YouGov getting the last election wrong is an additional problem, that's all.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Dilbert cartoonist and "master persuader" Scott Adams thinks Trump is heading for one of the biggest landslide victories in American history.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kydKTVLmP58

He has an interesting and amusing blog.
    http://blog.dilbert.com/post/140333940251/super-tuesday-master-persuader-series
  • Options

1-0 Arsenal

If Arsenal win today they should win the league.

• Options
    Piers Morgan, what a tool, he must be a constant embarrassment to real Arsenal fans

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/706087298203586560
  • Options
    NorfolkTilIDieNorfolkTilIDie Posts: 1,268
    I see Telegraph today has gone big on Cameron trying to bury the accurate immigration statistics. Its a full front page story. This is going to become too big for him to sustain if he doesn't release them.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Remain lead 40% to 37%, I am sticking to my prediction of Remain 52% to 48% with England outside London voting Leave
    My recent model here showed the likely strong REMAIN vote in Scotland, Wales & N.I. had the effect of moving the overall UK vote by around 3.25%. Therefore, if the overall result were to be 52% vs 48% in favour of REMAIN, this would suggest that England, including London, had voted LEAVE. Very tricky for Dave & Co. were this to be the case.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    Over 3.5 goals at Worceser v FC United, 6/4 or better
  • Options
    Is there a link to the full YouGov results or will that be Monday? Key for me is to look at the age weighting used.
  • Options
    Another false dawn breaks over White Hart Lane. So tediously predictable.
  • Options

I see Telegraph today has gone big on Cameron trying to bury the accurate immigration statistics. Its a full front page story. This is going to become too big for him to sustain if he doesn't release them.

The big question is whether he will be able to sit on them until after 23 June (my birthday btw!).
  • Options

1-0 Arsenal

Should - but won't!

• Options
    Anecdote alert.

My stepdad who is a long term Conservative voter and has supported Remain for last few years says he will now vote Leave. He's your Volvo-driving, rotary club, house-owning type that I imagine is the backbone of the Tory vote in Middle England. Interestingly he said it took him a long time to switch but now he's changed he feels ever more certain in his view.

My Mum is less political but Tory leaning and still on the fence. She wants more information and in a simple to understand format.
  • Options

Anecdote alert.

My stepdad who is a long term Conservative voter and has supported Remain for last few years says he will now vote Leave. He's your Volvo-driving, rotary club, house-owning type that I imagine is the backbone of the Tory vote in Middle England. Interestingly he said it took him a long time to switch but now he's changed he feels ever more certain in his view.

My Mum is less political but Tory leaning and still on the fence. She wants more information and in a simple to understand format.

If Remain gets half of those who voted Tory in 2015 to back it it will be doing well, the larger the number of Tories backing Leave the closer it will be
  • Options

The big question is whether he will be able to sit on them until after 23 June (my birthday btw!).
    If it is regular headlines between then and now I think it will come up as a 'what are you hiding' meme in the campaign and debates. That would be more toxic than releasing the damn numbers with two months to go.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Dilbert cartoonist and "master persuader" Scott Adams thinks Trump is heading for one of the biggest landslide victories in American history.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kydKTVLmP58

He has an interesting and amusing blog.
    http://blog.dilbert.com/post/140333940251/super-tuesday-master-persuader-series

He also backed Romney to win in 2012, so no mystic he!
  • Options
    JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

LondonBob said:

JackW said:

tlg86 said:

JackW said:

JohnLoony said:

Interesting statistics:

Yes. Hovever the GOP
    Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Clearly in Florida the GOP has historically been stronger in the Cuban community but even this demographic is trending away from the GOP. Outside of Florida the hispanic voting patterns are at the margin very similar whether it be Nevada, Virginia or the rust belt states.

Just as New Mexico has trended away from GOP (Bush Jnr won there) so has Nevada. Colorado has followed suit and it time so will Arizona and Texas will become a swing state eventually.
    By the time Texas becomes a swing state the Democrats would have won the presidency a dozen times by always winning Florida. A realignment will happen long before then.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    Louise Mensch
    From the 1975 pamphlet on staying in the Common Market. Ever feel like you've been had? #Brexit https://t.co/jSyagR0oMv
  • Options
    edited March 2016

HYUFD said:

My recent model here showed the likely strong REMAIN vote in Scotland, Wales & N.I. had the effect of moving the overall UK vote by around 3.25%. Therefore, if the overall result were to be 52% vs 48% in favour of REMAIN, this would suggest that England, including London, had voted LEAVE. Very tricky for Dave & Co. were this to be the case.
    Could well be, though personally I think England will be 50 50 if Remain leads 52 48 with London just pushing Remain over the line by a fraction. Either way it would be a gift to UKIP and Tory backbenchers

Wales I think will be closer to England, Scotland strong Remain, NI in between
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited March 2016

She's written a corker here. Agree with every sentiment.

This and the German threat only fired me up to start local organisation talks.

"He says there will be consequences. Imagine a French man telling Thatcher there would be consequences. He'd be walking like John Wayne for a week. Consequences, you little man? Consequences? You've never stuck around long enough to see the consequences of your repeated capitulation in the face of attack. Your countrymen have never successfully defended Paris from the Germans, a tradition you continue to this day." Katie Hopkins
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,300
    edited March 2016
    Donald Trump 'From Our Own Correspondent' from the always interesting Jon Sopel. He describes his speech as delivered like an anagram with sentences used as word associations....

(From about 2.30 mins in)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b071ld6v
  • Options
    Totally agree with her, the description of it as repellant is perfect.

Always admired Cameron but detest him now.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

I don't see what's wrong with my Project 6%: the goal being to get government spending as a percentage of GDP back to where it was before WW1.

A desire to make sure poor people get access to reasonable healthcare and a decent education.
  • Options

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

LondonBob said:

JackW said:

tlg86 said:

JackW said:

JohnLoony said:

Interesting statistics:

Yes. Hovever the GOP
    Incorrect.

Incorrect.

By the time Texas becomes a swing state the Democrats would have won the presidency a dozen times by always winning Florida. A realignment will happen long before then.
    Nothing is forever in politics.

However the GOP is in terrible trouble in POTUS terms and presently they have no answer to the conundrum.
  • Options
    Apparently Eurosceptics should visit war graves and David Cameron was thankful Juncker sorted out his problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/12184099/Eurosceptics-should-visit-war-graves-says-Jean-Claude-Juncker.html
  • Options

1-0 Arsenal

If Arsenal win today and Leicester don't I fancy City to win the League
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    C'mon Plato, you're a communications guru aren't you? (I think). That column is borderline incoherent. Actually it's reminsicent of a Trump speech. Ah. Oh dear
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,411
    The Yougov numbers are slightly good news for Remain although ICM and BGM have shown a slight shift in the other direction.

I delivered a load of leaflets for Vote Leave, just before it started snowing.
  • Options
    Coquelin red card
  • Options
    JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

LondonBob said:

JackW said:

tlg86 said:

JackW said:

JohnLoony said:

Interesting statistics:

Yes. Hovever the GOP
    Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Nothing is forever in politics.

However the GOP is in terrible trouble in POTUS terms and presently they have no answer to the conundrum.
    Much like Labour the GOP need to get the fanaticism of the base out of the system, that will only come by nominating losing ideologues ie Trump in 2016 and Cruz in 2020. The answer will then be the half-Hispanic, JFK lookalike likely next governor of Texas and son of the former governor of Florida George P Bush, however it will take 16 years out of the White House to get there
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlwGlvs0SDg
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596

She's written a corker here. Agree with every sentiment.

This and the German threat only fired me up to start local organisation talks.

"He says there will be consequences. Imagine a French man telling Thatcher there would be consequences. He'd be walking like John Wayne for a week. Consequences, you little man? Consequences? You've never stuck around long enough to see the consequences of your repeated capitulation in the face of attack. Your countrymen have never successfully defended Paris from the Germans, a tradition you continue to this day." Katie Hopkins
    Could you argue that the Paris commune successfully defended Paris? (only going by Wiki. my GCSE/O-level pilot history missed out this period)
  • Options
    Can't people who want to read such puerile crap from the Daily Mail read it in the privacy of their own bathroom and spare the rest of us this pollution?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,422

C'mon Plato, you're a communications guru aren't you? (I think). That column is borderline incoherent. Actually it's reminsicent of a Trump speech. Ah. Oh dear
    I’m REALLY looking forward to the Wail’s front page the day after REMAIN wins! Especially if it’s narrow and Scotland makes the difference!
  • Options
    Spurs equalise.
  • Options
    Spurs equalise.
  • Options
    TSE's bet getting ever nearer to coming in....
  • Options
    Spurs lead, I told you Spurs fans, listen to me.

My 125/1 tip is on!
  • Options
    What on earth are these pessimists worried about?

My card bet has won already.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Can't people who want to read such puerile crap from the Daily Mail read it in the privacy of their own bathroom and spare the rest of us this pollution?
    Dear Roger, have you considered that Katie's article probably resonates with more voters views than your own? You are being given the opportunity to learn something.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Your inner Mary Whitehouse is showing, luv.
  • Options

Well done, corker of a match
  • Options
    BBC’s “As it Stands” table has Sprus top on goal difference!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Roger said:

Your inner Mary Whitehouse is showing, luv.
    It's moronic I can only imagine you haven't read it....

(OT. Have you seen 'Hail Caesar' yet? I really enjoyed it and who taught Channing Tatum to sing dance and act! Great cameo from your mate RF)
  • Options

Well done, corker of a match
    Always a game for cards anyway, but not been a NLD with so much on it for a long time. Took short odds for 40+ booking points, also got a small stakes spread buy at 61.

Fingers crossed for your 5-1 bet!
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 49,228
    HYUFD said:

Much like Labour the GOP need to get the fanaticism of the base out of the system, that will only come by nominating losing ideologues ie Trump in 2016 and Cruz in 2020. The answer will then be the half-Hispanic, JFK lookalike likely next governor of Texas and son of the former governor of Florida George P Bush, however it will take 16 years out of the White House to get there

Are you seriously arguing that the answer to the Republicans' problems is the injection of the right demographic blood into the Bush dynasty?

Far from being an ideologue, Trump is the only candidate throwing out the ideological baggage that the party has accumulated since the Reagan era.
This discussion has been closed.