Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Two months before the 2011 AV referendum the polls were poi

124»

Comments

• Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    AndyJS said:

Chinese friend of mine (bright, Oxbridge first, investment banker) once told me she didn't trust Western media, for various hackneyed reasons - whether it's for-profit corporations or state broadcasting, none of them would tell you The Truth, and they kept a lot of secrets.

Fortunately Chinese agencies were more reliable. For example, the news that Russia had developed genetically modified frogmen-soldiers who are able to breathe underwater using gills, and that their military trials in the had been successful had been completely suppressed in the West.

Had to be true. She showed me the story. Pointed at her laptop screen, see!

Bloody self-made millionairess plonkerette.

I look at my bank account sometimes, and wonder if there's something wrong about the way I think. Not optimally adapted for the world, I fear. Why can't I just think like "normal" people/people several 0's richer than me?

Normal people aren't rich. They're in debt.
    On a global scale normal people are both in debt and rich. Even those who have debt have assets and compared to the vast bulk of the world we have both more debt and more assets but the average Brits assets exceed their debt.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Donald Trump Is Already Crushing Mitt Romney's 2012 Performance
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-polling-mitt-romney_us_56d47285e4b0871f60ec1461
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited March 2016

Rather than whingeing about it being unfair, they should bloody well make the case for the alternative, which they are spectacularly failing to do. That's hardly Cameron's fault.

You should stand for Membership Secretary for the party, your hectoring and disrespect of wavering members would be such a boon for the party
    Mortimer said:

Must admit I expected better of you Richard.

Losing members (and especially activists) is the sure fire way to ensure the death of a party.

And you dismiss it because, because, well Cameron is great and everyone else is dreadful?

I didn't. Absolute par for the course Cameroon fanboi behaviour, I am surprised you are surprised.

• Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    That is about 100 miles from me at the moment. It hardly made any noise at all in the local papers, but we are three months from presidential, senatorial, congressional, regional and local elections so it's endless politics in the papers at the moment.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/12178192/Secret-plan-to-axe-90-per-cent-of-Tory-associations-which-would-smooth-George-Osbornes-coronation-as-leader.html

how to win friends and influence people? well, if Jez and co. can waste their time on internal battles, why not...?
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Ignore. The article is mostly speculation and winding up Tory readers. The last two or so paragraphs have a kernel of truth.

• Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806

Big election expense story breaking in the Mirror tomorrow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/

Apparently they're doing a 5-page spread on it (they rang me and numerous others for comment). Whether it actually leads to by-elections as they speculate appears to depend on whether people make formal complaints and whether the police decide to follow up. The precedent is the Fiona Jones case, where the issue of whether election-related phone canvassing should have been declared raged on for years.

Bound to be stories about the Conservatives. The Mirror never chastises the Reds.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Mark Wilson ‏@occlusius
    #Brexit #BrexitRisks #EURef #Voteleave
This discussion has been closed.