Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    isam said:

I posted a link earlier, and am surprised no one has commented, to an interview last month, after the Paris atrocities, where Hilary Benn all but rules out air strikes on Syria... I don't get why more isn't made of this or at least an answer found as to why he changed his mind?

I think the key change for Benn will have been the UN resolution.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    felix said:

justin124 said:

My boss has just reduced my £14,000 BY £4,000 TO £10,000..but that's ok...because he explained to me that there had been a shortfall in company income and as a percentage of monies available for salaries it was in fact a rise..geddit..I might have a little bit of bother at the bank.. and with the mortgage ..but they will understand.. they know all about percentages..

On the other hand, if the price level had dropped by 33% his 'real' income would have increased!
    Indeed - so you're happy for all benefits and wages to be cut by around 1% immediately as prices are falling?
    That is a separate issue - though if the price level did fall by a third all Benefits - including Retirement Pensions - would have to be cut! It would be a deflationary environment of which we have no experience but if it came to pass all Government spending would have to fall in nominal terms.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    notme said:

taffys said:

'In a centuries time people will be massovely more prosperous than today and fretting about the impact of the "truly remarkable" technology yet to come ...''

Some feminists are so worried about the impact of sex robots they are urging for them to be banned.

A scene in HG Wells Things to Come, always makes me chuckle:
    https://youtu.be/atwfWEKz00U?t=5m26s

Your browser should take you to the exact spot, but if it doesnt, start at 5m26s, listen to what the old man says....
    Marvellous Music though. Used to play the theme tune a lot when I was a youngster.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    justin124 said:

isam said:

I posted a link earlier, and am surprised no one has commented, to an interview last month, after the Paris atrocities, where Hilary Benn all but rules out air strikes on Syria... I don't get why more isn't made of this or at least an answer found as to why he changed his mind?

I think the key change for Benn will have been the UN resolution.
    He was looking for an excuse.
  • Options
    What will help UKIP all the way to 2020 is unlimited EU immigration. Cameron has nothing to offer here but empty words and Labour favours mass immigration i.e. all other parties are out of touch with what an important number of voters want.
    Therefore it would hardly be surprising for UKIP to increase its votes between now and 2020 though the FPTP system may mean even with double the votes it may get few seats
This discussion has been closed.