Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Lynton Crosby could do it again next week and give the Tori

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

new thread

• Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903
    Charles said:

Scott_P said:

How so? This is what she said:

Caroline Lucas: The moment to stop borrowing is when we can no longer afford to pay it back—[Laughter.]

That is what she said

What an absolute pratt Caroline Lucas made of herself last night in the HoC
    To be fair, borrowing to the maximum theoretical capacity is a viable, albeit risky, strategy.
    But Lucas seems to think that as the cost of repaying borrowing rises that money can be eternally found by borrowing more, more on top of the inability to fund what you are already spending. She will not accept that the extra cost of repaying the extra borrowing would need to come from the expenditure she seeks to spend.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,249

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Not much money has been placed on Betfair Exchange's Canadian election page, but those punters that have seemed convinced the Liberals will win most seats:

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/politics/market/1.119830308

It's brave. The Liberals start from a very poor third place and need over a hundred gains.

Election preduction project (which does bottom-up riding forecasts) puts the Tories and Liberals tied on "in the bag" seats, with an awful lot of toss ups:

http://www.electionprediction.org/2015_fed/index.php
    Today's CBC projection has the Liberals ahead on 140 seats to the Tories 110
    Yes, I know it does - but that supports my case: it's much closer than the betting markets suggest. Several predictions this week have shown the Tories ahead on seats.

I know you're hoping Harper will lose, but I'm looking for value.
    Good luck to you but I expect Trudeau to be PM of Canada by Tuesday