Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » This should take the pressure off Mr Corbyn

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JWisemannJWisemann Posts: 1,082
    Scott_P said:

That view is confirmed by Valentine Guinness, one of the founders of the Piers Gaveston Society (it was set up in 1977), whom I spoke to this morning.

‘It is a ridiculous story,’ he says. ‘As far as I know David Cameron was never a member of the Piers Gaveston Society, so there would have been no need for an initiation ceremony. He may well have attended one of their parties, but the pig’s head story is purely malicious gossip.’
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/09/is-that-really-the-best-lord-ashcroft-could-dig-up/

Bit Mandy Rice-Davies though isn't it.
    Dont think any member of a secret society is going to start admitting they and all their best friends had to have coitus with a sow.
  • Options

Speak your weight machine Lilian Greenwood on DP BBC2, new Labour shadow secy for transport. Of her working life prior to 2010 she spent 17 years working for Unison in the approx 23 years since leaving uni.

She actually put the case for renationalisation well, and better than most of the proponents on here. They should listen to it.

She left some big questions unanswered though, and relied on the East Coast argument a little too heavily. I'd have loved her to be asked if the nationalised Network Rail that has caused the recent problems is a good precedent for renationalisation. ;)
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

JWisemann said:

Why does it not surprise me that 99% of PB commentators have been in bizarre societies with degrading initiation ceremonies

You'll need to put me in the 1%

Put me in the 1% too. Mind you, when I was a sprog of 14 I joined the YCL and some of the comrades didn't need ceremonies to be degrading.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,819
    *Breaking News: Breaking News. Breaking New*

Has been a mysterious run on Kleenex sales in the Wirral area - More supplies being fetched in as we speak!
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

JWisemann said:

Why does it not surprise me that 99% of PB commentators have been in bizarre societies with degrading initiation ceremonies

Look, if you start posting more constructively we'll invite you to Dirty Dicks next time.
    I'll do anything - the pig doesnt even have to be dead yet.
    Have you considered joining the Wiltshire young farmer’s society? - they have an opening..
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    ''the story is that influential people within his party, aided and abetted by the Mail, are keen to damage him.''

Maybe true, but every leader in every major party has (and always has had) sworn enemies.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

+1=2%

I must have led a sheltered life..
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    His animus towards Cameron was well known before - now he's wrecked his own credibility - I think he's done on the harm stakes.

I think lots of people are missing the point here, whether Cameron snorted coke or put his nob in a pig is irrelevant, the story is that influential people within his party, aided and abetted by the Mail, are keen to damage him.

The story will disappear, Ashcroft won't.

• Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    edited September 2015
    Edit: other people have made the same point, only better.
  • Options

And Elvis. Isn't it a common symptom of heart failure that pathologists use?

I may have watched too many celeb autospy tv shows...

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

YouGov live poll (so not weighted) asking whether this mattered was 40% Yes 52% No at the last count.

I do think it will end up mattering a bit, but more in legacy terms (the Catherine the Great argument).

Maybe this is Ashcroft doing the Tory party a favour just as the heat was getting to Corbyn?

I thought that the Catherine The Great and Ivan The Horse story was fiction.
    She actually died on her toilet.
    Has something in common with Evelyn Waugh.
    Many heart attacks do indeed take place in/on the toilet.

Also your more like to have a heart attack within the first hour of getting out of bed than at any other time in the day.
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474

I think lots of people are missing the point here, whether Cameron snorted coke or put his nob in a pig is irrelevant, the story is that influential people within his party, aided and abetted by the Mail, are keen to damage him.

Except Ashcroft is no longer an influential member of the Tory party.
  • Options
    I think I might have to do a thread on Tory deprativities/A Typical night out in Manchester.

Would be a betting thread to help on future Tory leader betting.

I take it you're all familiar with spit roasts?

Nothing to do with Dave. Honest

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spit+roast
  • Options

JWisemann said:

+1=2%

I must have led a sheltered life..
    I've never done an initiation ceremony, but I've seen hazing on a few occasions, including at school. And as I mentioned earlier, some army blokes I spent a few weekends working with didn't require much encouragement to get up to some interesting antics.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

He allegedly put his porkie into the mouth of a dead pig's head. That's not quite shagging a pig.

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

Coy, and guarded BBC article on Dave and that pig...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34312744

More entertaining than the more lurid pieces, to be honest. Knowing what else is being said on the internet, and how careful they have to be as a result, makes it very enjoyable. It's knowing the bits not written down that make it for me.

I'm sure this will amount to nothing, unless a photo emerges, but I appreciate even some on the right have had some fun with it. I think that's a better approach then trying to act as though shaggin a dead pig is harmless student hijinks, which as sheltered a life as I have apparently led, I still don't think is the case. It's weird and twisted sh2t if it happened, not even a case of a less common feitish or something which might be embarrassing but harmless.
    If you had told me last Monday that we would have a thread based on bestiality, necrophilia and porcine fellatio I'd have thought you had lost it.
    It is @TSE's last day!
  • Options
    This is probably apocryphal but there was a court case involving a guy who pled guilty to having sex with a dog.

He was asked "What was the gender of the dog?"

He replied "Female, I wouldn't do a male dog, I'm not a weirdo/pervert"
  • Options

Shock BBC putting out refugee propaganda. BBC are now an EU & immigration propaganda channel http://t.co/jJdW4hEeTz pic.twitter.com/ql6uhMex6J

— David Jones (@DavidJo52951945) September 21, 2015
  • Options
    watford30 said:

Missing the point again, Ashcroft might not be influential within the party but he's front news of a paper that is read by millions of tory voters. This will run for a week, further revelations can't possibly do Cameron any good.

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,755
    Charles said:

He allegedly put his porkie into the mouth of a dead pig's head. That's not quite shagging a pig.

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

More entertaining than the more lurid pieces, to be honest. Knowing what else is being said on the internet, and how careful they have to be as a result, makes it very enjoyable. It's knowing the bits not written down that make it for me.

I'm sure this will amount to nothing, unless a photo emerges, but I appreciate even some on the right have had some fun with it. I think that's a better approach then trying to act as though shaggin a dead pig is harmless student hijinks, which as sheltered a life as I have apparently led, I still don't think is the case. It's weird and twisted sh2t if it happened, not even a case of a less common feitish or something which might be embarrassing but harmless.
    If you had told me last Monday that we would have a thread based on bestiality, necrophilia and porcine fellatio I'd have thought you had lost it.
    It is @TSE's last day!
    He's saved the best to last :-)
  • Options
    JEOJEO Posts: 3,656
    MikeK said:

Shock BBC putting out refugee propaganda. BBC are now an EU & immigration propaganda channel http://t.co/jJdW4hEeTz pic.twitter.com/ql6uhMex6J

— David Jones (@DavidJo52951945) September 21, 2015

I don't think this is surprising to any of us that watch the BBC.
  • Options
    It's baloney, whichever way you slice it.
  • Options

Charles said:

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

It is @TSE's last day!
    And to think I'm taking a break from PB after today.
  • Options
    People do stupid things when they are young.. I used to play professional Rugby League...I was 11 stone in weight..how effin stupid is that..
  • Options
    edited September 2015

watford30 said:

Missing the point again, Ashcroft might not be influential within the party but he's front news of a paper that is read by millions of tory voters. This will run for a week, further revelations can't possibly do Cameron any good.

Make your mind up.

One post the point is 'influential people within his party', the next it's someone who isn't.
  • Options
    Whether it's true or not - I think Pres Bush nailed it

"When I was young and foolish, I was young and foolish"

People do stupid things when they are young.. I used to play professional Rugby League...I was 11 stone in weight..how effin stupid is that..

• Options
    watford30 said:

watford30 said:

Make your mind up.

One post the point is 'influential people within his party', the next it's someone who isn't.
    He must have influence if the Mail promote his book on the front page.

I appreciate there are people who want to brush this away, my point is cocaine and pigs are irrelevant, the Mail is very happy to cause Cameron discomfort. Whichever way you dress it up its not good news for him.

• Options
    Utterly shocked by this.

@mediaguardian: Russia Today sanctioned by Ofcom over series of misleading articles http://t.co/1wgwaF0BRz http://t.co/0CL4scx7So
  • Options

Charles said:

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

It is @TSE's last day!
    Crack(l)ing last day though. Difficult to top this one.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    OK, just catching up with Pigcockgate. I really don't thing this has any legs or lasting political impact, other than making Cameron family dinners more awkward than normal.

I'll confess that my membership of various Midlands rugby clubs back in the day is but one of the reasons why I never went into politics. You may lump me in with the depraved 99%.
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Quite. On of the first things they made me do after joining the Labour Party was vote for Phil Woolas.

I was young and irresponsible...
  • Options
    It's embarrassing even if 1000% bolleaux - but it's not going to sway a vote either way.

One of those things that's raised as a joke on PB forever more - and that's about it.

watford30 said:

watford30 said:

Make your mind up.

I appreciate there are people who want to brush this away, my point is cocaine and pigs are irrelevant, the Mail is very happy to cause Cameron discomfort. Whichever way you dress it up its not good news for him.

• Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

It is @TSE's last day!
    Second only to editing PB on election night.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,722
    So the consensus of opinion is settling on two positions: (1) No real evidence that he did it. (2) Who cares? We were all doing stuff when we were younger.

So move on. I'm not so sure. The allegations are not so much shocking as seriously, Jeremy Springer style, weird. The one killer advantage David Cameron had over Ed Milliband and now Jeremy Corbyn, was that he was seen as "prime ministerial" whereas Milliband was seen as a bit strange. But not as strange as this. Images of dead pigs will come into peoples' minds whenever David Cameron gets mentioned.

Unless David Cameron knocks the allegations on the head, I think it's over for him, with implications for George Osborne and possibly Boris Johnson too. Saying he's not going to "dignify Lord Ashcroft's allegations with a response" seems like weak spin to me.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

Quite. On of the first things they made me do after joining the Labour Party was vote for Phil Woolas.

I was young and irresponsible...
    Did Phil Tampon Woolas make you angry?
  • Options

watford30 said:

watford30 said:

Make your mind up.

The Mail is happy to sell papers and drive website visits.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    All I will say about the pbTory initiation ceremony is that Dr Nabavi went white overnight, I continue to have trouble walking after two years but the (live) komodo dragon still has a self-satisfied smile.
  • Options
    Got to love the tribalists on here, Corbyn bangs Abbott 30 years ago and it proves he's a weirdo. Around the same time Cameron does the same with a pig's head, front page of the Mail, and its a non story.

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,017
    edited September 2015

This is probably apocryphal but there was a court case involving a guy who pled guilty to having sex with a dog.

There was a reported case many years ago of a man having sex with a goat. An expert was asked if the animal had suffered any distress in the attack. His reply was something like: "It's hard to tell with a goat."

Ah, here it is. My details were wrong, but the general (ahem) thrust was correct:
    "British Transport Police Detective Inspector Dave Crinnion, who investigated, said: "I saw the goat the next day " it did not seem too upset but it is difficult to tell."

http://www.rense.com/general19/gaygoat.htm
  • Options

His animus towards Cameron was well known before - now he's wrecked his own credibility - I think he's done on the harm stakes.

Oh please. Lord Ashcroft is a billionnaire who can do what he likes, he doesn't need 'credibility' in the way that Cameron does.
  • Options

watford30 said:

watford30 said:

Make your mind up.

No newspaper wants to see a happy PM. Newspapers/Media want to see their own position strengthened and the PMs (any PM) weakened. This is all to do with newspapers being properly regulated. Newspapers do not want their own transgressions properly exposed or regulated. So this is not just Cameron they are after - all politicians will get it. All politicians will have to live with it.
    If people like John Prescott can survive his crude manipulation of an employee whilst actually a government minister then we have a very high bar for resignations etc. and what silly things (even if true) people get up to as 18 yr old students (or even who CND types go on bike trips with) will not bear comparison. Lets face it young Cameron was not actually going round Broad St hitting crippled beggars with a croquet mallet.
    What does seem nasty is bringing up the McBride type smear about Cameron's wife.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    JohnO said:

All I will say about the pbTory initiation ceremony is that Dr Nabavi went white overnight, I continue to have trouble walking after two years but the (live) komodo dragon still has a self-satisfied smile.

:open_mouth:
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Unless David Cameron knocks the allegations on the head, I think it's over for him, with implications for George Osborne and possibly Boris Johnson too. Saying he's not going to "dignify Lord Ashcroft's allegations with a response" seems like weak spin to me.

Don't be silly.

• Options
    JohnO said:

SUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE

I do hope George has buried all his bodies :-)
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288

There was a reported case many years ago of a man having sex with a goat. An expert was asked if the animal had suffered any distress in the attack. His reply was something like: "It's hard to tell with a goat."

Ah, here it is. My details were wrong, but the general (ahem) thrust was correct:
    "British Transport Police Detective Inspector Dave Crinnion, who investigated, said: "I saw the goat the next day " it did not seem too upset but it is difficult to tell."

http://www.rense.com/general19/gaygoat.htm
    "Female, I wouldn't do a male dog, I'm not a weirdo/pervert"

Almost word for word from an Ivor Biggun song.
  • Options
    Mr flightpath

What does seem nasty is bringing up the McBride type smear about Cameron's wife.

What is this?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @benatipsosmori: Now 272,000 #piggate tweets. But will it matter? No. On @BBCNewsnight later
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

I doubt that this will make any difference to anything politically. It's just a major personal embarrassment for the PM that he is going to have to tough out. The posh really are another country, aren't they? Ho, ho.

I think we all know it isn't just posh people who do *ahem* unmusual things

Still laughing this morning but straw poll in office was that no one cares at all.

• Options
    JohnO said:

John just about to send you an email.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

FF43 said:

Don't be silly.

No-one will take him seriously. Being taken seriously is a politician's currency.
  • Options
    No, you're being silly.

Don't believe PB Torees? Believe Ben from Ipsos MORI instead.

Why do you think we're all laughing about it?
    FF43 said:

GIN1138 said:

FF43 said:

Don't be silly.

No-one will take him seriously. Being taken seriously is a politician's currency.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

JohnO said:

Ready and waiting....
  • Options
    JohnO said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I can categorically state that no pigs, dead or alive, were involved.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,311

Charles said:

Charles said:

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

It is @TSE's last day!
    I must go back and re-read the posts from 9.59pm to 10.05pm. I'm sure they will be great for relaxation and an all-is-well-in-the-world feeling.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

JohnO said:

Ready and waiting....
    Sent.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

GIN1138 said:

FF43 said:

Don't be silly.

How do you explain Boris Johnson then?
  • Options

JohnO said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I can categorically state that no pigs, dead or alive, were involved.
    But did John mishear Bournemouth as Pig's Mouth?

It would explain a great many things.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Just read a suggestion on twitter that team Cam knew somebody was desperate to rake up some muck...and so fed them something entirely bogus, and calculated to make them look foolish.

You're suggesting that one of Dave's mates thought inventing and spreading this story was actually quite a good idea?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930

Got to love the tribalists on here, Corbyn bangs Abbott 30 years ago and it proves he's a weirdo. Around the same time Cameron does the same with a pig's head, front page of the Mail, and its a non story.

Cameron's trip to apartheid South Africa is ok, Corbyn going to East Germany proves he is a commie
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

It is @TSE's last day!
    I must go back and re-read the posts from 9.59pm to 10.05pm. I'm sure they will be great for relaxation and an all-is-well-in-the-world feeling.
    Before you do that read the ones from a couple of days before election night.

IOS' comments on Labour's ground game. Whenever I need a laugh...
  • Options
    John_M said:

OK, just catching up with Pigcockgate. I really don't thing this has any legs or lasting political impact, other than making Cameron family dinners more awkward than normal.

You've got to pity his poor daughter at secondary school, too.

• Options
    JWisemannJWisemann Posts: 1,082
    Is this a way of making sure cam doesn't get any ideas about another term?
  • Options
    It is perhaps worth mentioning today since it will not get much coverage otherwise (especially here) that Osborne is in China securing infrastructure investment that would otherwise cost us eye-watering amounts of 'People's QE'.
    But the real point of my comment is not that it involved 25 billions worth of power station at Hinkley Point nor that it is aimed at building another one in Essex. But that he is accompanied by representatives of our 'northern powerhouse'. All the sad accusations that tories do not want to see success in and have no time for the North do not wash.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/george-osborne-use-trip-china-10087987
    ''regions such as Greater Manchester should take lessons from developing ‘city clusters’ such as Chengdu and Chongqing.''

Any notion that GB is just some simpering lackey to the USA can take a back seat from this trip.
    ''Osborne is also politely ignoring Washington, which is increasingly uneasy about what it sees as the Treasury's disloyal Beijing tilt (the White House was unamused, Beijing smug, when the UK became the first western member of the Chinese-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank)''
    (Peston at the BBC)
  • Options
    http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/05/07/the-exit-poll-is-great-news-for-the-tories/
    TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

It is @TSE's last day!
  • Options

not at all.

It's just that having an affair with Diane Abbott or putting your schlonger into the mouth of a dead pig are things that most people can't conceive as being something that anyone would actually want to do.
  • Options
    JWisemann said:

Is all about taking the pressure off Corbyn.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

DUJCA?

• Options

JWisemann said:

what are the odds the Sun goes with Ham Bam Thank you Cam ?
  • Options
    It is a bit uncharted territory really, we've had plenty of PM's peccadillos revealed after their time in office, but not whilst they were in post.
  • Options

JWisemann said:

Ha Ha. As if.
  • Options
    Blimey, I'm beginning to realise that some people on here actually believe this story.

That's even funnier than the story itself.
  • Options
    A good Cameron defence:
    "M'Lud, it's the pigs' fault!".
  • Options

Oh please. Lord Ashcroft is a billionnaire who can do what he likes, he doesn't need 'credibility' in the way that Cameron does.
    Wrong. He needs credibility to operate in the major markets.

Of course he can hole up in Belize and count his gold if he prefers
  • Options

JWisemann said:

DUJCA?

I was accused by a Blairite of writing positive Corbyn threads as a way of keeping him in power.
  • Options

FF43 said:

GIN1138 said:

FF43 said:

Don't be silly.

How do you explain Boris Johnson then?
    Good question. Not sure how to answer it. Johnson's bit of a lad image is carefully cultivated and spun. He's trying to give the impression that is he's a normal, slightly lovable and actually unspun individual. Whereas I don't think Cameron is carefully cultivating pig shagging stories and I don't think most people would see it as normal, nor would he try to claim it was.
  • Options
    I can imagine The Right Wing Press may decide to throw a Dead Cat on the table tomorrow.

It's all very amusing - I do love conference season - we never know what's going to grab the headlines.
    watford30 said:

JWisemann said:

Ha Ha. As if.
  • Options

Mr flightpath

What is this?

It's unpleasant. But it suggested some degree of culpability for Ivan's disability.
  • Options
    New thread.
  • Options
    Pearls before swine...

Ewww
    MikeK said:

A good Cameron defence:
    "M'Lud, it's the pigs' fault!".

• Options

JohnO said:

That's good. The police tend to get upset about ceremonies involving dead colleagues.
  • Options

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/05/07/the-exit-poll-is-great-news-for-the-tories/

TOPPING said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

/nitpicking.

kle4 said:

dr_spyn said:

It is @TSE's last day!
    :)
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

not at all.

It's just that having an affair with Diane Abbott or putting your schlonger into the mouth of a dead pig are things that most people can't conceive as being something that anyone would actually want to do.
    Oh come off it, was Abbott in her 20s really that bad, of course not. Does it matter that he put his pecker in a dead pig at uni, of course not.

Its the infantile double standards and point scoring I find amusing, both sides jumping up and down with fake outrage.

I maintain that pig-gate is more dangerous, not because of the pig but because of the story teller, despite the spin from the tories on here its bad news and Cameron will know it.

• Options

Blimey, I'm beginning to realise that some people on here actually believe this story.

ha ! feeble defence Mr N outside of Oxford charcuterie is something you eat, not use to pep up your love life.
  • Options

Mr. Navabi, mud has been smeared on Cameron. Cameron can ignore it or try to disprove it, if possible. Whatever the immediate outlook, Lord Ashcroft will not be trusted again.
  • Options

The whole episode left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

— Cameron's Pig (@CameronPig) September 21, 2015

LOL
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307

There is a story, possibly true, of a man in Glasgow High Court of forcing his slightly less than significant other to have intercourse with an Alsatian. A young Counsel asked her, “And was this a rare occurrence?”

To which she replied, “Well you might think it was rare sonny but I thought it was disgusting.”
  • Options
    Charles said:

Wrong. He needs credibility to operate in the major markets.

Of course he can hole up in Belize and count his gold if he prefers
    Yes, well I'm sure the revelations that David Cameron is into Porcine fellatio will be profoundly damaging to Lord Ashcroft, what other conclusion could be drawn?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770
    LucyJones said:

taffys said:

Just read a suggestion on twitter that team Cam knew somebody was desperate to rake up some muck...and so fed them something entirely bogus, and calculated to make them look foolish.

You're suggesting that one of Dave's mates thought inventing and spreading this story was actually quite a good idea?
    Bizarre indeed - though there was a story on LastWeekTonight a little while ago about a state representative who made up stories of himself visiting male prostitutes in order to deflect from rumours of his affair with another state rep. That story was 100% true apparently, he was caught, but people were then speculating whether he'd been behind ads attacking himself as a potential chold molester (!) in order to win sympathy votes in the face of unfounded attacks. A strange world we live in.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

malcolmg said:

I doubt that this will make any difference to anything politically. It's just a major personal embarrassment for the PM that he is going to have to tough out. The posh really are another country, aren't they? Ho, ho.

I'm not sure it's anything to do with poshness. I've seen some working class people do some fairly odd things as well (and no, no details).

In fact, I probably saw more dubious behaviour at the state schools I attended than the public schools.

Also, it might not be wise to insinuate all posh people are like this. Otherwise we might have to ask Charles what he got up to as a youth ... :)
    Defending your Tory chums I see, oh wait you are not a Tory.....oops.
    Never heard of anything like it from working class people so you are either Tory or move in very strange circles indeed.
    I doubt if class is an issue. Bestiality is probably not unheard of among farm labourers.
    I once knew the sister of a copper - he had to go and explain to a farmers wife that her husband had died in somewhat unusual circumstances ...........

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770

People defending the possibility of it as not being a big deal is the only thing making me think there could be even an ounce of truth in it. Whatever youthful shenanigans we or indeed Cameron got up to, I'd habve thought it could not possibly be so bad as to need to suggest this would not be a big deal, if true.
  • Options
    John_NJohn_N Posts: 389
    edited September 2015
    Now that's what I call publicity for a book! Vicky Gilder has done well. And Biteback Books are a registered donor to the Tory party too. But harm Boris? I don't think so. Voters aren't that logical.

This is going to play appallingly badly in the Muslim world. Wouldn't surprise me if a deal gets lost over it.

@Richard_Nabavi - Who cares whether it's true or not, other than in relation to whether more is going to come out?
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

Charles said:

Sean_F said:

Charles said:

JEO said:

People seem to be going on to dangerous territory now. Putting your genitals in something disgusting as a dare and having sex with that something are not the same thing. Claiming that endangers libel, I would think.

A libel case based on that distinction is probably not one which the lawyers would recommend pursuing!
    I thought that Clinton clearly demonstrated that oral sex is not "sexual relations"!
    I thought his defence was "oral sex is not adultery. The Bible says so."
    I didn't really follow the details - that sort of petty scandal doesn't interest me (the abuse of power relationships between the intern and the president was much more significant).

All I remember was his claim that 'he did not have sexual relations with that woman'
    The Clinton issue was definitely about abuse of power and all the more serious for that. It was the same with Prescott and his secretary. Prescott should have been sacked... the civil service were happily keeping it all quiet at the time.

In his time as Arizona governor Clinton (allegedly!) used state troopers to procure him women. Clinton was actualy in power as President and using and abusing that power to satisfy himself. And we should all remember what gave Kennedy heafaches, and it was not just Maralyn Monroe.
    Clinton was governor of Arizona? I did not know that. Which years?