Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf on the LAB leadership

SystemSystem Posts: 11,700
edited May 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf on the LAB leadership

politicalbetting.com is proudly powered by WordPress
with "Neat!" theme. Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    edited May 2015
    First! :)

Great cartoon, Marf! Who's next for the lions?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    The Ed Stone is not quite as grand as I remember it....
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    This puts into context how much news sinks in:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFDcYTdWoAACCav.jpg

Even the general election was only noticed by just over half of respondents.
  • Options
    And ten days ago, who would have thought it..?
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    FPT:

Hunt continues to tease. I guess he's busy finding out whether he can get the 35.

If Labour MPs watched QT last night it will be lucky to get 3 or 4.
    It's 38 minutes in on the iplayer. It's an interesting point, and he expands that he *understands* why the public finances fell away, but he blames outside forces.

He admits they didnt leave enough head way meaning we couldnt cope with the downturn. And says "the real issue was an over dependence on financial services in our tax take".

That last point is absolutely spot on. Finally!!

Brown increased spending based on revenues coming in from the financial services, he ran a small (unnecessary, but manageable deficit), but the real crunch came from not only the increase in spending that followed the crash but the collapse in revenues.

A gigantic black hole which we are still struggling to cope with.

He actually gets it! It wasnt the banking crisis that caused the government to increase spending based on revenue that was unsustainable.
  • Options
    The Edstone was the first sign that the Labour leadership had lost touch with reality.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Jim Pickard is great at doing vox pops:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/061ec154-fafd-11e4-9aed-00144feab7de.html#axzz3aCXrsOzf

This article on Nuneaton is worth a read from start to finish. Its start sets the scene:

"Labour has a problem and her name is Jody Hall.

The Nuneaton resident, who works in admin, is the daughter of a former coal miner and is also married to a one-time miner. Last Thursday she voted for the Conservatives.

Waiting for her lunch at the George Eliot Hotel in Nuneaton, she explains why: “I’ve voted Labour in the past, I’m from a family that voted Labour before, but I was worried that they left this country with no money.” "
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,991
    Surprised it took this long. At the end of the day, the experience Ed went through should have let him know if he could handle the situation as he knew it would be, not how he and indeed we might wish it would be re media intrusion. As an explanation it therefore falls flat, as he should never have declared if it was not something he could handle.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited May 2015
    Looks like another row is due between the Mail and the Labour Party after an unnamed aide for Chuka Umunna briefed out that it was their behaviour that so upset their boss, including a toxic claim of doorstepping a 102 year old grandmother:

Mail-land is keen to stress it’s simply not true:

Guido understands that no one from the Staggers checked with the Mail to see if it was true before punting the line…

http://order-order.com/2015/05/15/chuka-aide-mail-briefing-unravels/
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,222
    antifrank said:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/061ec154-fafd-11e4-9aed-00144feab7de.html#axzz3aCXrsOzf

This article on Nuneaton is worth a read from start to finish. Its start sets the scene:

The Nuneaton resident, who works in admin, is the daughter of a former coal miner and is also married to a one-time miner. Last Thursday she voted for the Conservatives.

Waiting for her lunch at the George Eliot Hotel in Nuneaton, she explains why: “I’ve voted Labour in the past, I’m from a family that voted Labour before, but I was worried that they left this country with no money.” "

Grr! Another of your recommended FT articles that is behind the paywall........

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    edited May 2015
    Cyclefree said:

antifrank said:

You can get FT articles for free, just google the article headline, in this instance

"How Nuneaton swung behind the Tories" and click the link google will bring up the article for free.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    London Assembly Member Valerie Shawcross (Labour, Lambeth and Southwark) has announced she will retire next year. She has been a London AM since the creation of the Assembly in 2000. Previously she has led Croydon Council where she has been a Cllr from 1994 to 2000.

I note that a number of Conservative London Assembly Members have moved to Parliament last week..

James Cleverly, now MP for Braintree
    Kit Malthaouse, now MP for NW Hampshire
    Victoria Borwick, now MP for Kensington

Labour AM John Biggs is running to become Tower Hamlets Mayor next month
  • Options
    It has been alleged that Nigel Farage never formally resigned from Ukip as part of what party sources have told the Spectator was a stitch up to avoid a leadership contest.

It is claimed that the Ukip leader never wrote a letter to the party’s chairman tendering his resignation. He told the media on Friday that he would write to the party resigning. When it met on Monday, it is said the National Executive Committee had still not received a letter.

A source tells me that when someone asked where the letter was, they were told ‘it is being typed out as we speak’. The source says the letter never appeared.

http://bit.ly/1B1eJeo
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    edited May 2015

London Assembly Member Valerie Shawcross (Labour, Lambeth and Southwark) has announced she will retire next year. She has been a London AM since the creation of the Assembly in 2000. Previously she has led Croydon Council where she has been a Cllr from 1994 to 2000.

I note that a number of Conservative London Assembly Members have moved to Parliament last week..

James Cleverly, now MP for Braintree
    Kit Malthaouse, now MP for NW Hampshire
    Victoria Borwick, now MP for Kensington

Labour AM John Biggs is running to become Tower Hamlets Mayor next month

Kit Malthouse was done the dubious honour of being #1 in Private Eye's "New MPs" series
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986

It has been alleged that Nigel Farage never formally resigned from Ukip as part of what party sources have told the Spectator was a stitch up to avoid a leadership contest.

It is claimed that the Ukip leader never wrote a letter to the party’s chairman tendering his resignation. He told the media on Friday that he would write to the party resigning. When it met on Monday, it is said the National Executive Committee had still not received a letter.

A source tells me that when someone asked where the letter was, they were told ‘it is being typed out as we speak’. The source says the letter never appeared.

Online bets can't be changed in settlement from winners to losers, right ?
  • Options

Isabel Hardman is bloody good at her job.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Kit Malthouse was done the dubious honour of being #1 in Private Eye's "New MPs" series

He also has the dubious honour of being in my list of bets I've had to write off: next London mayor at 66/1. He had no business skidalling off to parliament.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

Isabel Hardman is bloody good at her job.
    Which job?

https://twitter.com/JournoStephen/status/597079574900568066
  • Options
    Dair said:

Which job?

twitter.com/JournoStephen/status/597079574900568066

I could tell you that, but then...
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,314
    #keirforleader on twitter. There will be a twitter storm at 6pm. Be interesting to see the level of response from grassroots.

Somebody had Keir for £2 at 750/1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I guess it would be useful to point out Death Stars were rubbish. Huge design flaw and destroyed by an army of teddy bears.

@georgeeaton: Unaligned Labour source suggests Cooper is now the frontrunner - "she's building a Death Star" - strong campaign team.
  • Options
    Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond Posts: 1,939
    Didn't someone once famously remark that Labour always chooses the obvious candidate?

If so that rules out Starmer and kinda pencils in Butcher.
  • Options

Looks like another row is due between the Mail and the Labour Party after an unnamed aide for Chuka Umunna briefed out that it was their behaviour that so upset their boss, including a toxic claim of doorstepping a 102 year old grandmother:

Mail-land is keen to stress it’s simply not true:

Guido understands that no one from the Staggers checked with the Mail to see if it was true before punting the line…

http://order-order.com/2015/05/15/chuka-aide-mail-briefing-unravels/

I said at the end of the last thread that it didn't stack up to me. What newsworthy comment would anyone hope to get from an old lady related to a girlfriend?

If it looks like bollocks, it probably is.

On the EdStone. That, to me, was the moment I realised Labour couldn't possibly really think they were winning.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763

I guess it would be useful to point out Death Stars were rubbish. Huge design flaw and destroyed by an army of teddy bears.

@georgeeaton: Unaligned Labour source suggests Cooper is now the frontrunner - "she's building a Death Star" - strong campaign team.

Stand by for Darth Balls
  • Options
    FlightpathlFlightpathl Posts: 1,243
    FPT
    ''Contador is one hard bastard''
    Really? I'd like to see him run for UKIP leadership!

Thanks to your cheerful local Daily Mail -
    ''Farage will be backed by Andrew Reid, the millionaire lawyer, whose Mayfair mews house is the Ukip HQ. Mr Reid is Treasurer of the party. Mr Farage is also being supported by tycoon Arron Banks and Alan Bown, a retired bookmaker, who has also given more than £1 million.

''Mayfair mews HQ...tycoon...betting milionairs...'' Thats gotta go down well in the Labour heartlands seat Farage has promised himself next.
  • Options
    Good, thoughtful, piece on following Farage around during the campaign: https://mousephoto.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/looking-for-nigel/

@isam, you will enjoy
  • Options

They were really about job creation more than anything else.
  • Options

#keirforleader on twitter. There will be a twitter storm at 6pm. Be interesting to see the level of response from grassroots.

#CameronMustGo #JeSuisEd
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125

Cyclefree said:

antifrank said:

You can get FT articles for free, just google the article headline, in this instance

"How Nuneaton swung behind the Tories" and click the link google will bring up the article for free.
    What a clever trick - Does it work for all the paywalled articles form any paper?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,002
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Brooke, I find his lack of a constituency amusing :P
  • Options

Didn't someone once famously remark that Labour always chooses the obvious candidate?

If so that rules out Starmer and kinda pencils in Butcher.

This could be hilarious -Mr Stafford v Mrs Balls, winner to play Sajid Javid or Priti Patel for the big prize in 2020.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Really ? Where were the Polish plumbers then ?
  • Options
    felix said:

Cyclefree said:

antifrank said:

What a clever trick - Does it work for all the paywalled articles form any paper?
    Just the FT.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713

Theres been some ground work for it (see Polly et al), but really? a bloke which hasn't been an MP yet?

Are labour really, really that desperate?
  • Options
    DavidBrackenburyDavidBrackenbury Posts: 353
    edited May 2015
    "I guess it would be useful to point out Death Stars were rubbish. Huge design flaw and destroyed by an army of teddy bears. "

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed. It's power is insignificant compared to the Force...
  • Options

Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Brooke, I find his lack of a constituency amusing :P

I think that's one of the inevitable side effects of didn'toverspendonomics - people stop voting for you.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @JamesDwan: EXCLUSIVE: @DouglasCarswell refuses to be drawn on whether he is "the one" agitating for a change of @Ukip leadership http://t.co/IReH0AAWGs
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,411
    Nice cartoon, Marf!
  • Options

kle4 said:

Really ? Where were the Polish plumbers then ?
    Reminds me of the classic scene from Clerks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA
  • Options
    Mr. Brooke, yes and no. If he'd spent more time campaigning here, he almost certainly would've win.

As it is, he was vanquished. And there was much rejoicing.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Point of order, the Ewoks helped Han and Leia destroy the SHIELD GENERATOR on the moon below, Endor.

It was Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles wot fired the actual shots wot destroyed Death Star II!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kle4 said:

Her dark evil rotund Death Star that is her campaign mainstay has plenty time on his hands for plotting at the moment.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

"I guess it would be useful to point out Death Stars were rubbish. Huge design flaw and destroyed by an army of teddy bears. "

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the Force...

Corrected it for you :wink: :
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@JamesDwan: EXCLUSIVE: @DouglasCarswell refuses to be drawn on whether he is "the one" agitating for a change of @Ukip leadership http://t.co/IReH0AAWGs

And in other news, Pontiff refuses to be drawn on his religious affiliation and Baloo refuses to be drawn on his defecation habitat.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Don't throw away those AJ betting slips
    Soon after the news about Chuka Umunna broke one MP who is backing one of the other leadership candidates said to me: “You can either write off 2020, or you bring together the whole party with an adult at the helm and the talents across the centre and centre right being used to the full with the Left keeping us honest. It’s the only way Labour has ever won in our history."

At the start of the week I’m not sure I’d have agreed with that assessment. But now I’m starting to pay a lot more attention to the wise words of Labour’s elders and betters.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11608181/Will-the-last-one-in-Labour-please-turn-out-the-lights.html
  • Options

Point of order, the Ewoks helped Han and Leia destroy the SHIELD GENERATOR on the moon below, Endor.
    It was Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles wot fired the actual shots wot destroyed Death Star II!
    Have they thrown their hat into the ring yet?
  • Options

It's not clear whether it was Lando or Nien Nunb who fired from the Falcon.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    Cue for Downfall parody.

Officer: Starmer.
    2nd Officer. Starmer, couldn't mobilise enough support...
  • Options

Stand by for Darth Balls
    Chukabacca?
  • Options
    Ladbrokes Politics ‏@LadPolitics 2m2 minutes ago
    Keir Starmer into 16/1 to be next Labour leader
  • Options
    Thank you Sunil!! I knew it wasn't quite right!! Wasn't the fleet commanded by an Admiral who looked like a fish?
  • Options
    Dair said:

Wedge definitely contributed in his X-wing.
  • Options

Point of clarification - was the name of the moon Endor, or was it a moon of Endor? I was never clear on that from His Highness referring to it as 'The Endor moon'.

• Options

Cyclefree said:

antifrank said:

Thanks. But still doesn't work for me. I still get the "Register for money page". Never mind.
  • Options
    Mr Dancer.

"These aren't the Leadership candidates you're looking for"?
  • Options
    Dr. Prasannan, welcome to the Labour leadership contest. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

#CameronMustGo #JeSuisEd
    Backed him at 388 for £5, laid at 134.4 for £15

#Themanwholaidofftoosoon
  • Options
    BBC rather coy about Hull's suspension of Jake Livermore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32755755

Not sure which line to take, unlike The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/15/hull-jake-livermore-cocaine-ban?CMP=share_btn_tw
  • Options

Dair said:

Wedge definitely contributed in his X-wing.
    Well obviously if the Empire was going to be destroyed it took a Scot.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Question to Labour party peeps - could this be a well planned and organised stitch-up from the smoke-filled room, or can we safely lay Starmer into single figures?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

#CameronMustGo #JeSuisEd
    Backed him at 388 for £5, laid at 134.4 for £15

#Themanwholaidofftoosoon
    Yeah, that was me & Mary yesterday
  • Options
    Incidentally, there's a rail strike planned for 25 May, a bank holiday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32748029
  • Options

Thank you Sunil!! I knew it wasn't quite right!! Wasn't the fleet commanded by an Admiral who looked like a fish?

Excuse me, Admiral Akbar was a *looks up wiki* Mon Calamari, thank you very much.

Wait, calamari? Cute.

• Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed. It's power is insignificant compared to the Force...

Oh, yeah? Well, you would have thought that the Dark lord of the Syth could protect a 3 by 2 thermal exhaust port from a bunch of teenagers. Maybe the design was OK and Darth Vader was a bloody incompetent oaf.

Vader calls the emperor:

https://youtu.be/3F1d3QWsyk0

• Options

Yep, it was as though a US CVN had no defensive capability against enemy ships other than waiting for them to come alongside and then dropping rocks on them. Where was the destroyer screen? Where was the CAP?

Handy how even though it was the size of a small moon, everywhere inside was within walking distance of everywhere else. It always seemed to be pretty busy inside too. Must have contained a crew of literally billions. Doing what?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Thanks. But still doesn't work for me. I still get the "Register for money page". Never mind.

Check your Vanillamail
  • Options
    GarethoftheVale2GarethoftheVale2 Posts: 2,000
    Sandpit said:

dr_spyn said:

Question to Labour party peeps - could this be a well planned and organised stitch-up from the smoke-filled room, or can we safely lay Starmer into single figures?
    Would Labour really pick someone who has only been in parliament for 8 days? Surely it would be better for him to get some experience in parliament and as a shadow minister before going for the top job?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Would Labour really pick someone who has only been in parliament for 8 days? Surely it would be better for him to get some experience in parliament and as a shadow minister before going for the top job?

He's already seen off one Cabinet minister, which is a better record than nearly all of his colleagues.
  • Options
    If Keir Starmer becomes Labour leader how is he going to handle all the questions from the historic child abuse inquiry about why this or that person was not prosecuted?

I know I've advocated Labour understanding a bit more about their history etc but that really doesn't mean that they pick the first person who wanders into the room with the name "Keir".
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Yep, it was as though a US CVN had no defensive capability against enemy ships other than waiting for them to come alongside and then dropping rocks on them. Where was the destroyer screen? Where was the CAP?

Handy how even though it was the size of a small moon, everywhere inside was within walking distance of everywhere else. It always seemed to be pretty busy inside too. Must have contained a crew of literally billions. Doing what?
    I should point out that Liz Kendall does bear a significant resemblance to Princess Leia...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    kle4 said:

Point of clarification - was the name of the moon Endor, or was it a moon of Endor? I was never clear on that from His Highness referring to it as 'The Endor moon'.

I always assumed "The forest moon of Endor" referred to the moon itself.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endor
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Sandpit said:

dr_spyn said:

That was my thinking too, so unless there's a concerted effort going on behind the scenes to bring a completely clean skin to the top table, he's no chance.

He does of course have extensive experience around government and politics although not in Parliament.

Another thought, how many new Labour MPs have there been in 2010 and 2015? Can't be more than a couple of dozen in total, and most of them are probably well under 40. Who else could possibly come forward that was nothing to do with Brown and his government?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

If Keir Starmer becomes Labour leader how is he going to handle all the questions from the historic child abuse inquiry about why this or that person was not prosecuted?

I know I've advocated Labour understanding a bit more about their history etc but that really doesn't mean that they pick the first person who wanders into the room with the name "Keir".

He will be able to say that in the vast majority of impugned cases, the matter was never referred to him and he never took the decision. In any event, most of the impugned decisions were not taken between 2008 and 2013 when he was DPP.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    F1: a tentative huzzah! Refuelling comes back from 2017:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32751118

Edited extra bit: "For 2016, bosses have approved a plan to allow teams free choice of the four available tyre compounds for each race."
  • Options

I should point out that Liz Kendall does bear a significant resemblance to Princess Leia...
    "Should have gone to Specsavers" :lol:
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Check your Vanillamail
    Thank you very much!

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    For anyone who can't stand Sandy Toksvig - her last stint in the News Quiz R4 chair is tonight... she's off to set up her Women's Equality Party. Yes, really.
  • Options
    Two Libyan cadets over here for training are convicted of raping a man:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-32749555

****s.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

dr_spyn said:

That was my thinking too, so unless there's a concerted effort going on behind the scenes to bring a completely clean skin to the top table, he's no chance.

He does of course have extensive experience around government and politics although not in Parliament.

Another thought, how many new Labour MPs have there been in 2010 and 2015? Can't be more than a couple of dozen in total, and most of them are probably well under 40. Who else could possibly come forward that was nothing to do with Brown and his government?
    I think Andrea counted 98/232 newbies in 2010 and 2015. Some of these are fairly well known, like Chuka and Stella Creasy.
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

He will be able to say that in the vast majority of impugned cases, the matter was never referred to him and he never took the decision. In any event, most of the impugned decisions were not taken between 2008 and 2013 when he was DPP.
    Maybe - and maybe that's correct. He has already admitted responsibility for some serious errors in the handling of more recent child abuse cases. But I wonder whether that will be good enough. If you're in a leadership role you need to take responsibility for the decisions taken by the people below you because, well, that's what being a leader means. The buck stops with you. So it's not tremendously attractive for him to say that he was not responsible while at the same time saying that he should have the top job in government.

The other issue I would have with him is that at the moment he still talks too much like the lawyer. There's a certain correctness, formality and caution with words which reflects the lawyer he is. And while these are no bad things he needs to develop his communication skills to be more of a leader or a potential leader. His audience no longer consists of other lawyers or judges. He will have to talk human!
  • Options
    Miss Plato, I heard about that.

To be honest, I agree with her. It's about time women got a fair deal. Did you know around 5% of prisoners are women? This rancid oppression of the fairer sex must end!
  • Options

F1: a tentative huzzah! Refuelling comes back from 2017:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32751118

Edited extra bit: "For 2016, bosses have approved a plan to allow teams free choice of the four available tyre compounds for each race."

Refuelling won't be back any time soon - the reason they stopped it before was because of the cost of shipping all the equipment around as well as the risk of fire.

Like the proposals for free tyre choice and more engine development though, will encourage innovation. I'd prefer to give them completely free reign on the engines, with only the fuel limit to hold them back, let the weight of the car have an assumed 100kg of fuel in it at the start, so if they only need 90 they can have a car 10kg lighter when the lights go out.

The one area they really need to save money in in the aero - there is very little crossover to road or other racing cars with the development, and the money spent is massive for marginal gains.
  • Options
    Anyone know when the switch matrix of voters from 2010 -> 2015 will be out - I assume Curtice/Fisher should be able to do it from the exit poll/actual results ?
  • Options
    I know where are all the female spree and serial killers too? And armed robbers?

She really has her work cut out.

To be honest, I agree with her. It's about time women got a fair deal. Did you know around 5% of prisoners are women? This rancid oppression of the fairer sex must end!

• Options

Now, now Mr Dancer. You are stirring....

• Options

Could be worse. She could look like a Wookie, or speak like one.

I think Wookies are on the whole LibDems, there may be a few in the Greens...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Plato said:

For anyone who can't stand Sandy Toksvig - her last stint in the News Quiz R4 chair is tonight... she's off to set up her Women's Equality Party. Yes, really.

"The feminists hate me, don’t they? And I don’t blame them. For I hate feminism. It is poison."

- M. H. Thatcher quoted by Paul Johnson in Failure of the Feminists, The Spectator, 12 March, 2011.
  • Options
    Plato said:

She's setting up a political party the week after the election..?
  • Options
    Rexel56Rexel56 Posts: 807
    Should anyone making decisions or overseeing others who are making decisions whether a prosecution is in the public interest really be thinking to themselves: how might this affect my future career as a politician... Doesn't feel right to me...
  • Options
    Yup!
    Sandpit said:

Plato said:

• Options

Could be worse. She could look like a Wookie, or speak like one.

I think Wookies are on the whole LibDems, there may be a few in the Greens...
    That would be Chuka-bacca
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474
    Scott_P said:

Carswell should throw his hat into the Labour Leadership ring. He's more qualified than Starmer.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Now, now Mr Dancer. You are stirring....

I'd like to see women doing more of the dirty and dangerous jobs too. Like being married to Ed Balls for example.
  • Options
    Has Winston McKenzie thrown his hat in yet?
    watford30 said:

Scott_P said:

Carswell should throw his hat into the Labour Leadership ring. He's more qualified than Starmer.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Plato said:

And the Labour Party wasn't good enough? What could possibly have given her the idea that women's equality wasn't taken seriously enough?

This discussion has been closed.