Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » ComRes phone poll moves from 4% CON lead to level pegging

1235»

Comments

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Betfair: Miliband next prime minister after election 1.61
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713

acf2310 said:

I hear that the Tory BattleBus (50 activists doing 12 hours campaigning in a series of marginals) will spend today in Broxtowe.

Hadn't we been told that the Conservatives had given up in Broxtowe?

Odd ...
    It is rather odd, Broxtowe should be nailed on labour cert.... so why are the tories wasting time there, unless they think theres still a chance?

In which case they're feeling very confident.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,786
    Plato said:

Lewes will be under assault too before May 8th. I thought Mr Baker for all his UFO conspiracy novelty value would hang on, but it appears that the bohemian folk of Lewes are going Greenie or Tory instead.

To get Lewes back would be marvellous news for me - I love the place.

acf2310 said:

I hear that the Tory BattleBus (50 activists doing 12 hours campaigning in a series of marginals) will spend today in Broxtowe.

Odd ...
    I think I've only been to Lewes once, and that was to swap busses whilst returning from a day on the South Downs Way.

It's another item on the long list of places I want to visit....
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,160
    Mr. Pulpstar, I'm in Morley & Outwood (Balls Vs Jenkyns).
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,286

JackW said:

Yeah, I'm not voting Lib Dem now, Clegg can go whistle.

In fact, I might even vote Labour.

Do you really want to become the "Traitorous Pig Dog" of Hallam .... :smile:

My friend is suggesting I draw a phallus on the ballot paper next to Nick Clegg's name.

Well it is kinda a mark indicating a clear preference for one candidate.
    I want to vote swap in East Renfrewshire, anyone know an East Renfrewshire Conservative who wants Murphy out and a Con 40:40 target in ?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

JackW said:

My friend is suggesting I draw a phallus on the ballot paper next to Nick Clegg's name.

I want to vote swap in East Renfrewshire, anyone know an East Renfrewshire Conservative who wants Murphy out and a Con 40:40 target in ?
    I'm quite happy to vote swap with a Labour supporter in Rochester & Strood.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,767

JackW said:

I've seen a drawn heart accepted. so maybe.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

Tories refusing interviews on child benefit cuts. Wonder why tonight's squirming and trying to avoid answering should be amusing

The deck seems to be stacked for Ed tonight - should be a nailed on cert that he wins

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11571975/Conservatives-outnumbered-two-to-one-in-audience-for-BBC-Question-Time-debate.html

"Up to two thirds of the audience in Thursday’s Question Time Leaders’ debates will be left wing, The Telegraph can disclose."

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Full of little ancient shops, winding streets, a great Harvey's Brewery in the centre - well worth a day wandering about.

And lots of people who look like they go on holiday to San Francisco, wished they'd been to Woodstock or were fans of The Wombles as small children. Where else would men dress like Uncle Bulgaria?

Plato said:

Lewes will be under assault too before May 8th. I thought Mr Baker for all his UFO conspiracy novelty value would hang on, but it appears that the bohemian folk of Lewes are going Greenie or Tory instead.

To get Lewes back would be marvellous news for me - I love the place.

acf2310 said:

Odd ...
    I think I've only been to Lewes once, and that was to swap busses whilst returning from a day on the South Downs Way.

It's another item on the long list of places I want to visit....
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,554

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

@RuthDavidsonMSP: Warm cuddly civic nationalism... http://t.co/pljoXFt8Q0

LOL, How desperate can the Tories get in Scotland
    They are the only party except the SNP gaining support in Scotland. With labour decimated for a generation they will become the main opposition in time and very ably led by Ruth Davidson
    Another misuse of "Decimation", Labour will lose a lot more than 10%.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Tim Montgomerie ن ‏@montie 7m7 minutes ago
    Significant moment? @DanHannanMEP backs proportional representation for the Commons http://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2015/04/daniel-hannan-mep-why-proportional-representation-is-now-right-for-the-commons.html
  • Options
    City A.M. ‏@CityAM 13m13 minutes ago
    Van containing 200,000 ballot papers stolen overnight http://dlvr.it/9cBRs6
  • Options
    Harry Boota UKIP PPC ‏@Harry_Boota 25m25 minutes ago
    BBC rocked by new bias scandal – as TWO-THIRDS of debate audience are left-wing http://shr.gs/KxeydFV
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,783
    DavidL said:

Election Forecast has Dumfries & Galloway with Labour (current holders) on 31%, Tories on 31% and SNP on 32%. Must be one of the closest three ways in the whole country, certainly closer than South Thanet is likely to be. Less a question of were you up for and more a question of had you had your tea before I think.

The other slightly odd thing about the seat allocations in Election Forecast is that as far as I can see they are only predicting about 13 Tory gains. This looks very low to me but they seem to be assuming a lot more Lib Dems are going to hang on in the SW than most.

Although I am more pessimistic that that, that does tally with the seat markets. If you assume 9 to SNP, 9 to Labour, 13 to Conservatives, then you get 24 seats - which is the middle of the LD seat spread.

Personally, I suspect it'll be more like 9 or 10 to SNP, 8 to Labour, and 17 to 20 to Conservatives.
  • Options
    In The Times Sam Coates and Michael Savage disclose Clegg will struggle to get the formal authorisation needed from the party's MPs, governing bodies and grassroots members if he wants to do another deal with the Tories.

Senior figures said they would consider voting down a Conservative Queen's Speech to remove David Cameron from office, while one leading Lib Dem demanded a ­veto over every Tory budget as a price for joining a second coalition.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,759

JackW said:

Depends if it's erect or not.
  • Options
    That's why I'm not voting for the perfidious Lib Dems.
  • Options
    Say good morning to the birthday boy: I'm 81 today.
  • Options
    acf2310acf2310 Posts: 141

acf2310 said:

Odd ...
    It is rather odd, Broxtowe should be nailed on labour cert.... so why are the tories wasting time there, unless they think theres still a chance?

In which case they're feeling very confident.
    So far this week, the Midlands battlebus has done a day in each of Cannock Chase, Northampton North, and Sherwood, before today's Broxtowe.

It's a serious campaigning effort. Rightly or wrongly CCHQ believes that these seats are very much still in play.

• Options

JackW said:

Depends if it's erect or not.
    True.

The other problem is, it is going to be tiny, because if I do a life size drawing, then the ballot paper's not going to be big enough and looks like I'm indicating a preference for all the candidates.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Happy Birthday! :cookie:
    MikeK said:

Say good morning to the birthday boy: I'm 81 today.

• Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

I do chortle when Conservatives go all unnecessary when the yellow peril have the temerity to challenge the Tories on policy issues only seven days before the general election.

Reminds me of Labour .... who before the Coalition dismissed the LibDems as wearisome allies and now the Tories want the LibDems to play nicely as they hoover up their seats.

• Options

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Not as desperate as the Nats whose vocabulary appears to be limited to 'fat' and 'dyke'.

Frankly we're used to a much better class of invective.....
    More likely to be sad Tories trying to smear SNP in their desperation
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

kle4 said:

Not prepared to forgive him and his just throwing around a lot of talk in order to save themselves without meaning it? It's like, he and Cameron had to have agreed at the debate that Clegg would attack him to some degree. He could be in trouble if he goes too far it seems though.

Thank you to those with the kind words this morning. And people say you cannot write things worthwhile while angry at midnight on the internet!
    Danny Alexander's pretty much said he leaked a three year old document to ensure the PM gets embarrassed on Question Time tonight.

The comfort from that I can draw is that the Lib Dems are in real trouble in their seats where the Tories are second. Yeovil nailed on Tory gain.

The Lib Dems should be punished for such perfidy.

Plus today's Times has an excellent article about how the Lib Dems kinda won't go into a coalition with the Tories again.
    Danny needs help from Labour voters - too late !

Cleggie needs help from Tory voters !

It is open season with the Lib Dems. Each to his own.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

They are the only party except the SNP gaining support in Scotland. With labour decimated for a generation they will become the main opposition in time and very ably led by Ruth Davidson
    Another misuse of "Decimation", Labour will lose a lot more than 10%.
    Well if you want to be precise substitute 'decimated' with 'obliterated'
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,759
    Ferrets in a sack thrown off a sinking ship. (that's enough mixed metaphors-ed)

'Splits as Labour councillors refuse cash donation to MPs' campaigns

LABOUR MPs fighting for their political survival in a traditional party heartland have been denied financial backing by colleagues on the council. In a clear sign of party fractures amid the most intense pressure it has ever faced in Scotland, North Lanarkshire councillors voted against donating anything to their four MPs who many predict will be unseated next week. A proposals by some councillors who work for North Lanarkshire's parliamentarians for a smaller donation was also rejected by colleagues...

...Another member of the Labour administration said: "We've just given the party £20,000 for the privilege of being councillors. There's no appetite to give them any more money. In fact I'm detecting little appetite amongst many councillors to do anything except a few canvassing photos for Facebook. Gordon Brown will do Coatbridge in the coming days. Beyond that, nothings happening there. There's real agitation amongst party members over how things are panning out in the campaign."'

http://tinyurl.com/nxdj6op
  • Options
    JackW said:

Plato said:

I am truly perplexed by the logic of this stance from Danny and by extention Nick - they both need Helpful Tories to vote tactically to save them from Labour or the SNP.

And they do this? With an old crap policy paper? That was collectively rejected?

What am I missing except the smell of desperation and shouts of Look Look Evil Tories!!

"Liberal Democrat Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander has said the Conservatives proposed to "slash" child benefit while the two parties were in government together."

Lib Dems reinforce their image as duplicituous untrustworthy bar stewards urinating on anyone who was a previous partner.

The Lib Dems are truly testing the theory that if you stand for nothing you will fall for nothing.
    You're missing than this is a competitive General Election and not a coupon election.

Think of it as a lovers tiff but with the potential for a post election reconciliation .... where I am reliably informed that such events usually lend themselves to sensational sex .... much rustling in the Downing Street Rose Garden !! .... :smile:

More like rogues scrambling for positions , desperate when thieves fall out.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,767

TSE votes for EICIPM
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@TheScreamingEagles
    " I might even vote Labour. "

It surely is the end of days!

more like bullshit days are here
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Eric Joyce seems to be the first Slabber to exit the denial stage

http://ericjoyce.co.uk/2015/04/scotlands-one-party-state/

"Scots are behaving in the way any nation gripped by nationalism does. Artists, poets and writers are gazing skywards and telling us of ‘a new start'; unionist opposition isn’t just disagreed with but routinely vilified. Few folk are listening to reason, because reason is too painful and these are difficult times."

"Perhaps it’s time for people in Scotland to start wondering if they want to live in a place where it can be seriously projected that a single party might take all of the seats at a general election, and where well-educated and intelligent people would actually celebrate such a state of affairs. Or maybe it’ll take a few years of independence before Scots are prepared to face up to reality.
    The general historical trend with nationalism, I’m told, is the latter."

Wonder why Eric did not pipe up about it through all the years of labour hegemony , did he miss being part of that one due to the bevvy.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

FalseFlag said:

Financier said:

Four Global Forces Changing the World:

1. Beyond Shanghai: The Age of Urbanization
    2. The Tip of the Iceberg: Accelerating Technological Change
    3. Getting Old is What it Used To Be: Responding to the Challenges of an Aging World
    4. Trade, People, Finance and Data: Greater Global Connections

Taken from:
    No Ordinary Disruption: The Four Global Forces Breaking All The Trends:
    Published 12 May 2015 by Public Affairs

http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/strategy/The_four_global_forces_breaking_all_the_trends?cid=other-eml-alt-mgi-mck-oth-1504

This is totally beyond the comprehension of most of our politicians - no wonder EdM had to consult with Russell Brand for advice on such matters.

The only trend that matters for us is Africa's population explosion to 4bn by the end of this century and the impact this will have on Europe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5BM7CE5-8
    The place will be empty before that, most of them will be in Europe long before then
This discussion has been closed.