Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The final polls of the day make it rather a mixed picture f

SystemSystem Posts: 11,694
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The final polls of the day make it rather a mixed picture for LAB

YouGov/Sun poll has CON back in lead
CON 35 (+1)
LAB 34 (-1)
LD 8 (=)
UKIP 12 (-1)
GRN 4 (-1)
So only GB poll to have LAB position down.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    edited April 2015
    KEEP CALM and do not pay undue attention to any one poll.

Could the site masthead be edited to say this for the duration of the campaign?

And first again!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    Second, like Labour :)
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Time to hide Murphy and push Ed in Scotland?
  • Options
    ItwasriggedItwasrigged Posts: 154
    Is this a Hell Yeah or Who Cares day? :)
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,845
    Hmmmmmmm.....
  • Options
    Great timing by me to close out my SNP SPIN position last Friday
  • Options
    JPJ2JPJ2 Posts: 378
    Surely Salmond can't win Gordon against this background :-)
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @toadmeister: Wonder if the Guardian will have time to include the YouGov Scotland poll in later editions?
    SNP 49 +3
    Lab 25 -4
    Con 18 +2
    LD 4 +1
  • Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766
    I stand by all my previous critiques of the tory approach but also the earlier remarks that this is easter.

Wait 'til next week. Neither blue not red can claim too much today.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    The longstanding, proven, high pedigree pollsters have Tory leads, and Labour getting de-kilted in scotland.

The unproven, no track record, how much integrity does our sample have(?), internet pollsters have Labour ahead.

A 'mixed' day indeed.
  • Options
    @iankatz1000: As new YouGov poll shows SNP surging in Scotland, @bbclaurak reports tonight from seat Labour never imagined it could lose #newsnight
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    A SNP landslide would almost certainly mean a second election within a year. If you're operating a minority government, a vote by vote deal only works when you have more than one choice of party to work with.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Yay Sturgeon! For winning even when she obviously didn't.

Also for being an ILF (no children). But what is it about the shoulders on all her debating outfits? Very Star Trek, not in a good way.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I have 5 of your earth pounds on SNP to take Shetland and Orkney.

I feel okay.

I was thinking of closing g my Glasgow NE position but never got round to it. I think i will let it ride a little longer. Maybe to May 7th.
  • Options
    nu123nu123 Posts: 25
    Remember Tories ahead by one point still means Ed is PM. A sobering thought..
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    @Freggles

One needs to have fun when one can ;-)
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    Reasonably good polls for Labour. The force seems to be with them but more significantly Ed has turned from Clark Kent into Superman. He finally looks and sounds like a Prime Minister.

I'm not sure I'd say the same about Dave today
  • Options
    Eh_ehm_a_ehEh_ehm_a_eh Posts: 552
    Is Sterling on the rebound?
  • Options
    @bbclaurak: And v interesting details emerging about campaign for tactical voting building in Scotland ...claims 600 activists working round the country
  • Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    Could shy Tories be a problem in Scotland? Perhaps we're already ahead of Labour? :D
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    On topic, I don't accept that this was an Easter effect. Much more likely it was a delayed Debate Effect. The shift is real but I doubt it's deep: a better than expected performance by Ed (or two, if we count Paxman) will not be enough to see him over the line in May. However, he has another two debates to go and if he's not quite looking human, nor is he looking android.

FWIW, I think Labour's going to win. The country doesn't have an adequate appreciation of how much shit we're all in and are going to vote for sparkly trinkets and the nice fuzzy feeling of having other people pay for the state to take care of all the responsibilities in their lives. It's mindless, ignorant, selfish and childish but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

p.s. By 'win', I don't mean an outright majority. I mean enough for Miliband to become PM.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    Didn`t YOUGUV bizarrely have Nicola Sturgeon winning the 1st debate completely out of kilter with other polls?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@bbclaurak: And v interesting details emerging about campaign for tactical voting building in Scotland ...claims 600 activists working round the country

Tactical voting campaign has collapsed twice now, third time a charm?
  • Options
    Danny565 said:
    Tom from ComRes has put the ComRes figures into his seat projector.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031
    That's not a black Swan. A black Swan is something people don't (or can't) predict. Grexit has been on the cards for at least five months.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,218
    Aidan Kerr ‏@Aidan_Kerr1 15 mins15 minutes ago
    SNP more popular than Labour, Tory and Lib Dems COMBINED. Astonishing figures.

Aidan Kerr ‏@Aidan_Kerr1 13 mins13 minutes ago
    What's even more worrying for Scottish Labour is their core vote is now the elderly. A huge generational shift towards the SNP. #GE2015
  • Options
    Lets see how tomorrow goes. Must say that a ComRes poll showing the same swing towards Labour as the other polls from earlier in the day being hailed by Blues as "we're saved" shows how desperate things have become
  • Options
    Artist said:

A SNP landslide would almost certainly mean a second election within a year. If you're operating a minority government, a vote by vote deal only works when you have more than one choice of party to work with.

You seriously think Sturgeon and Salmond would risk letting the Tories back in before the Holyrood elections?

The SNP may well vote down all sorts of measures a Miliband minority government might put forward but the Queens' Speech and Budget will go through, as will votes of confidence.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Scott_P said:

@toadmeister: Wonder if the Guardian will have time to include the YouGov Scotland poll in later editions?
    SNP 49 +3
    Lab 25 -4
    Con 18 +2
    LD 4 +1

So following the Guardian headline puffing up labour we have 2 polls putting the tories in the lead and another giving a wipe out in Scotland, plus the Scottish tory leader beating the specially imported SLAB leader.
    Easy to see why crybaby Miliband gets so weepy over his backstabbing past, whilst at the same time happy to get personal when it suits him and his party with 'bully bullingdon boy' Cameron.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Didn`t YOUGUV bizarrely have Nicola Sturgeon winning the 1st debate completely out of kilter with other polls?

No, sturgeon did well in all polls.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,130
    Labour extinction event in Scotland.

As I have said for months, SNP likely to break 50%. And I am hardly an SNP cheerleader.....

Kippers going to face a hard choice in the next four weeks. Stay with Farage's vanity project - and have Ed as PM. Or take the In/Out referendum on offer from the Tories.

And the Tories haven't even unveiled their Manifesto yet.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,898
    nu123 said:

Remember Tories ahead by one point still means Ed is PM. .

Quite. Far from being overexcited by one poll, or a few polls, I think most people reacting to them would be because they were yet more polls clearly not showing significant Tory leads, and that is what is needed to shift the result, which combined with only a few weeks being left means those few polls not showing that Tory favouring result is more of a reason to panic than a few weeks ago, even if the overall picture has not changed.

I actually feel a little sorry for the Tories - it's unlikely that any of their potential coalition partners will have enough seats to together add up to a workable majority, and the ones who might - the LDs, if they were very lucky or the Tories v. close to winning outright - might not be inclined to enter another coalition in any case.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

That's not a black Swan. A black Swan is something people don't (or can't) predict. Grexit has been on the cards for at least five months.
    Well it means I can update my weekend thread, with the headline "ACROPOLIS NOW!"
  • Options

Lets see how tomorrow goes. Must say that a ComRes poll showing the same swing towards Labour as the other polls from earlier in the day being hailed by Blues as "we're saved" shows how desperate things have become

Slippage for Labour with YouGov, though.
  • Options
    Tories set to cap rail fare rises at inflation rate
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,093
    Danny565 Murphy is being dragged down by Ed, if/when Labour loses the election he will be able to rebuild the remains of Scottish Labour on his own terms for Holyrood 2016, with probably a more popular UK Labour leader. On newsnight last week indeed, one Scottish voter said Miliband looked defeated while Murphy had more passion
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952
    edited April 2015
    Surely a better way of reading several polls in one day is to take the net improvement figure for each party and then look at that over a week?

Calling today a draw seems quite ridiculous

So today would be

Lab +1 -1 +2 +4 +1 so they score 7 (+1.4)
    Con -2 +1 -1 -2 -3 so that's -7 (-1.4)
    Ukip 0 -1 -3 -1 +3 so -2 (-0.4)
    Lib Dem +3 0 0 +1 0 so +4 (+0.8)

• Options
    PurseybearPurseybear Posts: 766
    Lets just wait and see Monday onwards when most people are back. Some private schools still don't return until 20th but it'll mostly be back to norms next week.

Probably all a waste of space today & we'll be looking back and laughing at ourselves.
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    Repost FPT:

I'm hardly a Cassandra. There is absolutely no evidence from anywhere that Cameron has a hope in hell of retaining power other than some vague hypothetical assumption that the Tories will do considerably better than the polls say. They probably will but the idea they'll even get to 7 points clear of Labour to repeat 2010 is laughable. 

The Ten was a car crash for the Tories. Sure Landale mentioned the two polls showing Tory leads butthe direction is all to Labour and EdM is having a great campaign so far. Fallon's dickish comments today were manna from heaven. 

Black Thursday. I'm sure Dave had an amiable time meeting and dining with activists though....
  • Options
    SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    Scott_P said:

I have seen leaflets left around town asking people to vote for the pro-union parties in the 2 neighbouring seats ie Conservative in Perth and North Perthshire and Labour in Ochil and South Perthshire.
    Probably a complete waste of time since SNP will win both but it does show that people are trying to get voters to join up to beat the nationalists.
  • Options

Great timing by me to close out my SNP SPIN position last Friday

Ya great feartie turnip....
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Pulpstar said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

@SamCoatesTimes: Exclusive: Awful news for Labour in Scotland as SNP take biggest YouGov lead
    (compared to last week)
    SNP 49 +3
    Lab 25 -4
    Con 18 +2
    LD 4 +1

I'm going to make ...
    Hope you had the tissues handy...
    I can't believe I laid off Coatbridge last weekend !
    The reason the SNP are so good, is that everyone underestimates the SNP.

They are, by far, the most effective and successful political party in Western Europe.
  • Options

Kippers going to face a hard choice in the next four weeks. Stay with Farage's vanity project - and have Ed as PM. Or take the In/Out referendum on offer from the Tories.

@MattChorley: Farage's People's Army could be about to be overtaken by the Lib Dems. THE LIB DEMS. http://t.co/oC2Wofohn5 http://t.co/4ohaUPYb0e
  • Options
    Eh_ehm_a_ehEh_ehm_a_eh Posts: 552
    Scott_P said:

Laura behind the times, that's been on the go for weeks.
    DavidL will be touring Dundee West with his reversible rosette on this week.

• Options
    chestnut said:

Tories set to cap rail fare rises at inflation rate

Sickening interference tin the free market. Dunder headed lack of understanding of economics, etc...
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

Repost FPT:

I'm hardly a Cassandra. There is absolutely no evidence from anywhere that Cameron has a hope in hell of retaining power other than some vague hypothetical assumption that the Tories will do considerably better than the polls say. They probably will but the idea they'll even get to 7 points clear of Labour to repeat 2010 is laughable. 

The Ten was a car crash for the Tories. Sure Landale mentioned the two polls showing Tory leads butthe direction is all to Labour and EdM is having a great campaign so far. Fallon's dickish comments today were manna from heaven. 

Black Thursday. I'm sure Dave had an amiable time meeting and dining with activists though....

Well, either you or Southam Observer is going to be a total and utter dick on May 8th.
  • Options

What's even more worrying for Scottish Labour is their core vote is now the elderly. A huge generational shift towards the SNP. #GE2015

Pride goeth before a fall. If the SNP really want to skewer Scottish Labour, then they need a resurgent Scottish Lib Dems to fill the centre-left unionist vote and a resurgent Scottish Tories to bank the centre-right. Without that, Labour will at some time recover just on the swing of the pendulum.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    edited April 2015

On topic, I don't accept that this was an Easter effect. Much more likely it was a delayed Debate Effect. The shift is real but I doubt it's deep: a better than expected performance by Ed (or two, if we count Paxman) will not be enough to see him over the line in May. However, he has another two debates to go and if he's not quite looking human, nor is he looking android.

FWIW, I think Labour's going to win. The country doesn't have an adequate appreciation of how much shit we're all in and are going to vote for sparkly trinkets and the nice fuzzy feeling of having other people pay for the state to take care of all the responsibilities in their lives. It's mindless, ignorant, selfish and childish but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

p.s. By 'win', I don't mean an outright majority. I mean enough for Miliband to become PM.

Dead right. Sadly. But still right. There aren't enough "rich" to pay ( be milked ) for reducing the deficit and for decent public services. There will be a hangover. The Scots will behave well till after 2016 the Holyrood elections then they'll turn the heat up.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Danny565 Murphy is being dragged down by Ed, if/when Labour loses the election he will be able to rebuild the remains of Scottish Labour on his own terms for Holyrood 2016, with probably a more popular UK Labour leader. On newsnight last week indeed, one Scottish voter said Miliband looked defeated while Murphy had more passion

Murphy looks like a raving lunatic.
  • Options
    john_zims said:

@Scott_P

'@SamCoatesTimes: Exclusive: Awful news for Labour in Scotland as SNP take biggest YouGov lead'

Can't be right surely?

Roger told us that Murphy easily won and to expect a Labour surge in Scotland..

Rogerdamus seems to be keeping his solid record on predictions.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    isam said:

Surely a better way of reading several polls in one day is to take the net improvement figure for each party and then look at that over a week?

So today would be

Why allocate equal weighting to models that haven't been equal in accuracy before?

Some pollsters aren't worth taking notice of. Their samples are impure and too open to orchestrated manipulation or situational bias.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Grexit has been on the cards for five years. It actually happening would be a black swan (well, a grey one anyway). However, I don't expect it this time either. Both sides are clearly upping the stakes though.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,949
    I daren't bet on Murphy's seat tbh - don't want to jinx it ^________________^
  • Options
    chestnut said:

isam said:

So today would be

Why allocate equal weighting to models that haven't been equal in accuracy before?

Some pollsters aren't worth taking notice of. Their samples are impure and too open to orchestrated manipulation or situational bias.
    Also wouldn't this exaggerate outliers? Perhaps using a clipped mean?
  • Options

twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/586280335941439488

Any hints as to what it might be? Sam Cam date night?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I like the Scottish poll for my betting position. Closing out is for fearties.

Could the English please start making up their minds?
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,877

At least Mr Herdson offers a more rational analysis than some of his activist colleagues. It may simply be that after years of austerity, being told the economy is recovering and doing well by Osborne has led people to suppose the days of cheap food, cheap fuel, cheap money and endlessly-rising asset values are back.

Throwing figures like £70 billion for the deficit means nothing to most people - it's an absurd number. "2.5% growth" - meaningless. I know from my personal economic circumstance's I have at best stood still since 2010 - my pay hasn't risen much but most of the necessities haven't risen much either but it's been five years of stagnation.

Yes, the Coalition had to do what it has done but Labour under Brown is a lifetime ago - it seems that Cameron has been Prime Minister forever and those who don't take well to him want rid.

• Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Cheer up Tories. At least you haven't peaked too soon in the campaign
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    Ed Miliband pledges to freeze rail fares for 5 years in real terms.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,532
    edited April 2015
    RobD said:

It is about [MODERATED] and [REDACTED] doing [BLIMEY YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT I HAD TO LOOK IT UP ON URBAN DICTIONARY]
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Labour extinction event in Scotland.

As I have said for months, SNP likely to break 50%. And I am hardly an SNP cheerleader.....

And the Tories haven't even unveiled their Manifesto yet.

TBH all this is relatively early skirmishing and Labour have fired off most of the shots. The last two weeks will almost certainly be the clash of the big 2 - Labour NHS Vs Tory Economy.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

@SamCoatesTimes: Exclusive: Awful news for Labour in Scotland as SNP take biggest YouGov lead
    (compared to last week)
    SNP 49 +3
    Lab 25 -4
    Con 18 +2
    LD 4 +1

I'm going to make ...
    Hope you had the tissues handy...
    I can't believe I laid off Coatbridge last weekend !
    The reason the SNP are so good, is that everyone underestimates the SNP.

They are, by far, the most effective and successful political party in Western Europe.
    CDU.

Or possibly Luxembourg's CSV.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Well Labour can't be doing too badly at all iN England and Wales if its gone from 43 to 25% in Scotland.
  • Options
    @AGilinsky: Two Lab-Tory marginals in Scotland where rising SNP might let the Conservatives win: Dumfries and Galloway & Renfrewshire East.
  • Options

RobD said:

It is about [MODERATED] and [REDACTED] spit roasting [BLIMEY YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT]
    Bloody Nora!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@iankatz1000: As new YouGov poll shows SNP surging in Scotland, @bbclaurak reports tonight from seat Labour never imagined it could lose #newsnight

Laura Keunssberg must be sick to her SLAB stomach.

See, I'm not nasty, I didn;'t say "SLAB filled".
  • Options

RobD said:

It is about [MODERATED] and [REDACTED] spit roasting [BLIMEY YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT]
    When SPIN comes back up it's going to be a "This is what you could have won"

Face it there is no bigger enemy of political betting.com than Alistair Carmichael.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    This link is great - not for the article, but close to the end there is a video about Cameron visiting the Game of Thrones set.

You don't even have to watch the video - just look at the first frame and the expression on SamCam's face as she listens to her husband wittering on about Valerian steel...

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3032693/Lib-Dems-level-UKIP-time-2013-New-poll-shows-parties-equal-12-cent-Conservatives-lead-36-cent.html
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Freggies

'Cheer up Tories. At least you haven't peaked too soon in the campaign'

At least we haven't prematurely creamed our jeans.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I think I have a tenner on renfrewshire east.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    The polls are all over the place.. Stick to ICM as the closest you can get to received wisdom..

• Options
    Tories: intervention into electricity market bad. Fixing prices is a disgraceful attempt to manipulate prices. Don;t vote for Ed he is anti markets and that is anti business. Intervention into railway market good. Fixing prices is good for hard working families. Vote for Dave because fixing prices is pro markets and good for business
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171

Lets just wait and see Monday onwards when most people are back. Some private schools still don't return until 20th but it'll mostly be back to norms next week.

Probably all a waste of space today & we'll be looking back and laughing at ourselves.

The schools don't go back to the 20th in Hampshire
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610

BLACK SWAN ALERT

https:// twitter.com/DJack_Journo/status/586277961252364288

They made their IMF payment today.

The Greeks will talk and talk but bow down on the day. It's all just politics.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,860
    fitalass said:

One question for you, who actually went off and hunted for this wee lassie on twitter until they found her? And please stop trying to peddle the myth of death threats and physical attacks against pro-indy supporters every time the bad behaviour from cybernats is exposed as if it can somehow mitigate their bad behaviour now! As I pointed earlier in the thread, didn't we see enough of this behaviour during the Indy Ref? I wouldn't touch that Wings site with a barge pole.

Carnyx said:

fitalass said:

I wouldn't bother with the usual wings spin on this, I was actually around on twitter last night and saw this whole sorry but totally predictable nasty witch hunt unfold in real time. Didn't we see enough of this during the Independence Referendum?!

Carnyx said:

I haven't been around today. Have the nats here apologised for perpetuating the lies and bullying about that girl who asked the question in the scottish debate?

Have a look at Wings over Scotland for a rather different story.

That's right, it was and is an offence to question the Unionist Weltanschauung. Remember all the death threats against pro-indy supporters, and the physical attacks?

What is so interesting about thw article by Wings - who always gives his, often Unonist, sources - is that you can see precisely such an anti=indy witchhunt, of the kind you rightly decry, develop in real time. How he got blamed personally for attacking a woman who was outed bu the LDs in the first place.

FPT - apparently the LDs but I have not looked into it in detail: the point is that the Wings site is actually showing the concoction of spin myths by the Unionists. (If I can read the DT and PB postings by you, you can just as well read Wings.)

On the violence and death threats, there was plenty of evidence at the time, as I pointed out at the time. Like *** actual court cases ***.
  • Options
    Btw:

Tories Most Seats, Labour Most votes is a REAL possibility

Cover this now if you have a red there tbh
  • Options
  • Options
    Allegra Stratton on Newsnight says The Big Society is making a comeback. 3 days off work for volunteering
  • Options
    @ftwestminster: Cameron harks back to Big Society http://t.co/zh4A4oOOoM
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Pulpstar said:

Btw:

Tories Most Seats, Labour Most votes is a REAL possibility

Cover this now if you have a red there tbh

I think someone might have tipped that at 50/1 a while back....

Take a bow Mr. Herdson.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

I think I have a tenner on renfrewshire east.
    I was considering backing Labour in Glasgow NE today when I heard of this "newsworthy" poll.
  • Options

RobD said:

It is about [MODERATED] and [REDACTED] doing [BLIMEY YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT I HAD TO LOOK IT UP ON URBAN DICTIONARY]
    If you had to look it up on Urban Dictionary.
    Blooming heck!

• Options
    stodge said:

At least Mr Herdson offers a more rational analysis than some of his activist colleagues. It may simply be that after years of austerity, being told the economy is recovering and doing well by Osborne has led people to suppose the days of cheap food, cheap fuel, cheap money and endlessly-rising asset values are back.

Throwing figures like £70 billion for the deficit means nothing to most people - it's an absurd number. "2.5% growth" - meaningless. I know from my personal economic circumstance's I have at best stood still since 2010 - my pay hasn't risen much but most of the necessities haven't risen much either but it's been five years of stagnation.

Yes, the Coalition had to do what it has done but Labour under Brown is a lifetime ago - it seems that Cameron has been Prime Minister forever and those who don't take well to him want rid.

You are correct that growth and debt to gdp figures etc are meaningless to the average punter.

However, unemployment isn't. Nor is the mortgage rate. Nor the tax free allowance.

The last one was actually the most popular proposal at the last budget - so somewhere along the line, the principle of "I can earn, and the government won't take it" has stuck in the minds of the electorate.

I expect a Tory premium of 2.5% on whatever the polling gap is on 7 May.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

I only closed out, because you mentioned earlier on that night.

Pulpstar - Yes Carmichael is the enemy of PBers
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Yougov were the only pollster to ask the question "IGNORING PARTY PREFERENCES". That's why it is the most reliable debate poll. Even accepting party preference, Sturgeon did incredibly well. Three to Five times her voter base. All others got less than their voter base except Farage who was about 20% up.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    john_zims said:

@Freggies

'Cheer up Tories. At least you haven't peaked too soon in the campaign'

At least we haven't prematurely creamed our jeans.

If you will read the last thread it's the right wingers on here who got a bit emotional not LAB
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    How many seats will Labour get in Scotland? Under five now looks as likely as not. Calum is tipster of the year.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Tories: intervention into electricity market bad. Fixing prices is a disgraceful attempt to manipulate prices. Don;t vote for Ed he is anti markets and that is anti business. Intervention into railway market good. Fixing prices is good for hard working families. Vote for Dave because fixing prices is pro markets and good for business

One is a freeish market (if flawed). The other are a series of licenses to operate granted by the government where fares are part of the contract negotiation.

Fixing fares is fine. It just reduces the value of the concession.
  • Options
    DON'T FORGET - YOUGOV IS NOW 7 DAYS A WEEK, WE GET ONE TOMORROW NIGHT AS WELL
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Scott_P said:

Tactical voting campaign has collapsed twice now, third time a charm?
    BBC Scotland and SLABbers like Laura Keunssberg (I know she's now BBC London) will keep trying.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,218
    edited April 2015

Pride goeth before a fall. If the SNP really want to skewer Scottish Labour, then they need a resurgent Scottish Lib Dems to fill the centre-left unionist vote and a resurgent Scottish Tories to bank the centre-right. Without that, Labour will at some time recover just on the swing of the pendulum.
    Aidan Kerr is a young hack who 'defected' from the SNP which gives his tweets some extra currency.
    Of course the pendulum swings, but I just can't see where the quality folk are going to come from in SLab to take advantage of said swing. Murphy and Alexander are supposed to be their brightest and best, and they just ain't hacking it.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,093
    Alistair In your opinion, he took over Scottish Labour at its nadir, he will not be able to fully rebuild until after the election
  • Options
  • Options
    RobD said:
    This week
This discussion has been closed.