Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The GE2015 prospects for Clegg, Salmond, and Farage are all

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    They just can't help themselves, can they?

On the BBC main news page, we see this headline: "Inquiry into MP child abuse claim"

Yes, you guessed it.

It's absolutely systematic. No possibility of it being random, but it's probably unconscious.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    saddo said:

Private Eye describes the Class War millionaire perfectly

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAd-H_2UgAIa35_.png

Spot on
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,411

On the BBC main news page, we see this headline: "Inquiry into MP child abuse claim"

Yes, you guessed it.

It's absolutely systematic. No possibility of it being random, but it's probably unconscious.

He isn't even an MP now. He is a Lord....
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    edited March 2015

Yes, you guessed it.

Couldn't find that, but stumbled across this looking for it

"IS Yazidi attacks may be genocide, says UN

Jihadists from the Islamic State (IS) group may have committed genocide and war crimes against the minority Yazidi community in Iraq, the UN says."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31962755

Do you think one of the young "British" girls who fled there will read out a statement from them

"Am I bovvered?"
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Yes, you guessed it.

Well, he was an MP at the time, but, yes, either they think the party is relevant - in which case the headline should read "Inquiry into former Labour MP child abuse claim" - or it's not, in which case other examples such as the headline about Harvey Proctor a few days ago shouldn't have mentioned the party either.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The BBC has said a Top Gear Live event in Norway next week is "still scheduled to go ahead" with Jeremy Clarkson as its star.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11482706/Jeremy-Clarkson-could-make-his-Top-Gear-comeback-next-week-in-Norway.html

When is a suspension not a suspension?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,036
    isam said:

Yes, you guessed it.

Jihadists from the Islamic State (IS) group may have committed genocide and war crimes against the minority Yazidi community in Iraq, the UN says."

Do you think one of the young "British" girls who fled there will read out a statement from them

"Am I bovvered?"
    "may have".. glad to see the UN is keeping up.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,266

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-31965631

Must be a misunderstanding, mistweet, mistype or something.

The "wings" symbol seems to obsess these oddballs. I wonder why?
    Yes you don't get these types in London parties of course, all these criminal investigations down south must be for fun
  • Options

Yes, you guessed it.

Apologies if I am being dense but it does mention that this was a Labour MP?

Is it that the headline does not mention it?
  • Options

Yes, you guessed it.

Well, he was an MP at the time, but, yes, either they think the party is relevant - in which case the headline should read "Inquiry into former Labour MP child abuse claim" - or it's not, in which case other examples such as the headline about Harvery Proctor a few days ago shouldn't have mentioned the party either.
    I am surprised they even managed to mention which party he belongs to in the text...
  • Options
    Floater said:

Yes, you guessed it.

Yes
  • Options

TGOHF said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

Aint called the Yestapo for nothing.

TGOHF said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

Aint called the Yestapo for nothing.

You cannot like the SNP do encourage the hysteria and then absolve themselves from the results. UKIP are the same.
    The logo is mindless and clearly has encouraged a mindless reaction.
    Yes unlike those sweet London parties , you thick plankton
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

Yes you don't get these types in London parties of course, all these criminal investigations down south must be for fun
    The LD bird has wings - perhaps it's a homage to them ?

Unsurprised to see this chap wearing a certain football strip in the photos of him posted in the media...
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

It has a 'creepy militaristic' look about it.
    says a creep
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

Had a look at his twitter feed - I wonder if he will close access soon. Very unpleasant tweet, it may lead to trouble with Police Scotland, think before you tweet is the lesson.

Those were the nice ones, you should have seen the bad ones
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,267
    RobD said:

isam said:

Yes, you guessed it.

"Am I bovvered?"
    They are also destroying churches in Mosul and elsewhere. I had thought that Muslims thought of Jesus as a prophet.

And before anyone says that they are not Muslims - destroying churches is exactly what some chief honcho Saudi Arabian cleric wants to happen. IS may not - or should not - define Islam but it is silly to pretend that they have nothing to do with it.

• Options

Floater said:

Yes, you guessed it.

Yes
    To be fair to the BBC, the place for the story on the website only gave a very small amount of space in which to put a headline.
  • Options

As we were discussing Mr Ganesh:

For most Britons, the election is still background noise. At some point, they will give it their fullest attention. When they do, their preference for Mr Cameron over Mr Miliband, and Tory economics over the Labour kind, could finally sway them.

If it is not enough, the Tories can console themselves that no snazzy policy, or rousing vision or great giveaway, would have been enough either. Fundamentals must be left to do their glacial work.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4a1c0274-cd6a-11i

Another Tory commentator getting their excuses out early. Clearly they are not optimistic. Its not looking good for the blues.
    No it's not.

I think the Tories may have overreached themselves in their project to shrink the State.

The confusion of the banking crash just about gave them cover, but now the public are weary, and wary.

Not enough of the public buy the excuses for needless or excessive cuts any more, and it might just cost the Tories dear.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    RobD said:

To be fair to the BBC, the place for the story on the website only gave a very small amount of space in which to put a headline.

They don't seem to find that a problem with Conservative MPs, and in any case that doesn't apply to the main headline once you click on the story.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Yes, you guessed it.

Ah, it's the fact it's hidden away in a dark corner rather than front and center.
  • Options

For most Britons, the election is still background noise. At some point, they will give it their fullest attention. When they do, their preference for Mr Cameron over Mr Miliband, and Tory economics over the Labour kind, could finally sway them.

If it is not enough, the Tories can console themselves that no snazzy policy, or rousing vision or great giveaway, would have been enough either. Fundamentals must be left to do their glacial work.

Another Tory commentator getting their excuses out early. Clearly they are not optimistic. Its not looking good for the blues.
    No it's not.

I think the Tories may have overreached themselves in their project to shrink the State.

The confusion of the banking crash just about gave them cover, but now the public are weary, and wary.

Not enough of the public buy the excuses for needless or excessive cuts any more, and it might just cost the Tories dear.
    But the cuts are fuelling the boom Callum - making room in the economy for private business to thrive - and the jobs figure are no accident. Same thing happened under dear old Maggie.

When the cuts stop the growth will slow.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    And up pops one of the lowly foot soldiers.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

The LD bird has wings - perhaps it's a homage to them ?

Unsurprised to see this chap wearing a certain football strip in the photos of him posted in the media...
    one of his twitter names was a bit of a giveaway
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

No it's not.

But the cuts are fuelling the boom Callum - making room in the economy for private business to thrive - and the jobs figure are no accident. Same thing happened under dear old Maggie.

"Cuts are fuelling the boom".... The return of Voodoo economics I see. You'll extolling the virtues of the Laffer curve next!
  • Options

RobD said:

They don't seem to find that a problem with Conservative MPs, and in any case that doesn't apply to the main headline once you click on the story.
    Tory has less letters than Labour? A fair point about the full headline though.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited March 2015
    RobD said:

Floater said:

Yes, you guessed it.

Yes
    Indeed, and at least the BBC mentions Lord Janner's party affiliation in the text

During their week long smear fest against Lord McAlpne (RIP) they hid the party of an MP jailed that week for fraud, in the 14th paragraph and completely failed to mention a 2nd MP's party at all.

The BBC are improving their political reporting in leaps and bounds… ;)
  • Options

TGOHF said:

No it's not.

"Cuts are fuelling the boom".... The return of Voodoo economics I see. You'll extolling the virtues of the Laffer curve next!
    Tax revenues have risen despite raising the allowances and cutting the top rate - Laffer curve in action in the Uk.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    I hardly think so , just dislike hysterical jessie SNP ( aka Scotland ) haters like you and the other cretins commenting as if it was something exclusive.
  • Options
    Hengists_GiftHengists_Gift Posts: 628
    edited March 2015

No it's not.

Given the state of the public finances the cuts go without saying. Its not a case of overreaching, the country is just not generating enough wealth to support our obese public sector. One might question some of the choices. Borrowing additional money only to hand it over to foreign interests seem a particularly dubious practice of this government and some of its foreign adventures have proved less than successful as well but the baseline that the public spend needed to be reined in is unquestionable.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,900

Floater said:

Yes, you guessed it.

Yes
    BBC Headlines:

Former Tory MP Harvey Proctor denies being part of 'rent-boy ring'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31754908

Lord Janner: Inquiry into 'limited' child abuse investigation

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-31961706

Of course, only one of them is still in Parliament....the one whose party isn't in the headline....
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    I hardly think so , just dislike hysterical jessie SNP ( aka Scotland ) haters like you and the other cretins commenting as if it was something exclusive.
    It isn't exclusive to Scotland. There's an eccentric cleric at large in Somerset and active on the Internet who uses similar iconography.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

RobD said:

isam said:

Yes, you guessed it.

"Am I bovvered?"
    They are also destroying churches in Mosul and elsewhere. I had thought that Muslims thought of Jesus as a prophet.

And before anyone says that they are not Muslims - destroying churches is exactly what some chief honcho Saudi Arabian cleric wants to happen. IS may not - or should not - define Islam but it is silly to pretend that they have nothing to do with it.

It is an unfortunate fact that Islam is not tolerant of other religions and certainly does not afford them equal status.

• Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    Didn't realise SNP = Scotland.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    If you're not with them, you're against them.

The 55 will rue the day.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,900
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    You clearly haven't been paying attention.....
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,054
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    Neither did Ed Miliband
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Botched TV exit polls earn vote of no confidence
    Pollsters try to explain why they got the election result wrong, say many voters refused to participate

Read more: Botched TV exit polls earn vote of no confidence | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/botched-tv-exit-polls-earn-vote-of-non-confidence/#ixzz3UqfAkZMq
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    TGOHF said:

My favourite picture of someone in said strip was taken at a protest against "foreign" sports being played in Croke Park.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    MikeK said:

Pollsters try to explain why they got the election result wrong, say many voters refused to participate

I can well imagine being too embarrassed to admit having voted for Bibi.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,653
    New thread
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Botched TV exit polls earn vote of no confidence

Read more: Botched TV exit polls earn vote of no confidence | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/botched-tv-exit-polls-earn-vote-of-non-confidence/#ixzz3UqfAkZMq

Exit polls for us in 2010 were spot on, almost got the seat totals correct, too.
  • Options
    From the Beeb business live:
    Douglas Fraser Business and economy editor, Scotland, tweets: Oil revenue drop to £700m pa means Scottish deficit rises to 8.6% next year: UK on 4%. Gap of £7.6bn. Via @TheIFS:

http://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/7652
  • Options
    Neil said:

MikeK said:

I can well imagine being too embarrassed to admit having voted for Bibi.
    A warning if a Tory majority is predicted in the UK exit polls? Voters not wanting to admit giving Ed a vote.
  • Options

New thread

A great service... I usually get stranded on old threads wondering what is going on!
  • Options

No it's not.

Where are these needless and excessive cuts? I think we should be told.

In case you missed it we are still piling on debt at an alarming rate. and contrary to what you may have learned from Gordon there will be another recession at some stage.

• Options

RobD said:

Floater said:

Yes, you guessed it.

Yes
    Indeed, and at least the BBC mentions Lord Janner's party affiliation in the text

During their week long smear fest against Lord McAlpne (RIP) they hid the party of an MP jailed that week for fraud, in the 14th paragraph and completely failed to mention a 2nd MP's party at all.

The BBC are improving their political reporting in leaps and bounds… ;)
    Southam will tell you that all is well and balanced. :-)
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Cyclefree said:

RobD said:

isam said:

Yes, you guessed it.

"Am I bovvered?"

The problem is that the Koran is open to interpretation. Indeed in itself it states that it is open to interpretation - which makes everyone's interpretation of the Koran equally valid.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,247
    Floater said:

No it's not.

Where are these needless and excessive cuts? I think we should be told.

In case you missed it we are still piling on debt at an alarming rate. and contrary to what you may have learned from Gordon there will be another recession at some stage.

Er, Local Government, which is being shredded. At least here in Shropshire it is.

The problem with the so-called bloated public sector is the bits that are most bloated are the bits that it is political suicide to try and pare back.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    It isn't exclusive to Scotland. There's an eccentric cleric at large in Somerset and active on the Internet who uses similar iconography.
    That is a lie
  • Options
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish Nasty Party.

says a creep
    No, the cretins on here think Scotland = SNP
  • Options

Non-paywall Sun on the GE - for those who were still wondering which party they will support:

http://www.sunnation.co.uk/category/opinion/

(tbh, slightly surprised, as the Sun usually likes to back a winner, and today who that will be is far from clear - and the balance of probabilities not the Sun's choice...)

"surely the first class war​ ever​waged by a Labour millionaire with a dual-kitchened mansion.

It was desperate, depressing​ stuff".

Quite

• Options

Non-paywall Sun on the GE - for those who were still wondering which party they will support:

http://www.sunnation.co.uk/category/opinion/

(tbh, slightly surprised, as the Sun usually likes to back a winner, and today who that will be is far from clear - and the balance of probabilities not the Sun's choice...)

"surely the first class war​ ever​waged by a Labour millionaire with a dual-kitchened mansion.

It was desperate, depressing​ stuff".

Quite

• Options
    NualaNuala Posts: 4
    Mr Eagle, Sir Malcolm's misdemeanours have been a grave disappointment to me.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Liberal Democrats just criticised the SNP for not dualling the A9.

The Liberal Democrats voted down the plan to dual the A9 and instead forced the SNP to spend the money on the disastrous Edinburgh Trams project.

That's amazing chutzpah.
This discussion has been closed.